criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

If not now then when for OT and ST content?

I want to be mentally prepared with these December updates and not be disappointed if the updates to CS, IA, and Coop was the not going to include what numerous posts have asked for when it comes to these eras. I don’t want to get my hopes up for something that’s not coming out for months.

Replies

• I agree. When Dice?! WHENNN!?!?!?!
  • After March
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• I'm sure we'll get reinforcements for ST (and maybe OT) on the last update of the year. I would also bet on CS/IA/Co-Op getting at least ST support, but I wouldn't bet that much. It would make sense to do it with the new movie, but they might not have developed the map ports.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I assume after February.
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• The question is not when? 2nd December Update and from there on most likely a few months. But the real question should be "How Long will we get ST or OT content" - remember, clone wars will start next year with a new season and they will likely perform at least a small tie-in
  • The question is not when? 2nd December Update and from there on most likely a few months. But the real question should be "How Long will we get ST or OT content" - remember, clone wars will start next year with a new season and they will likely perform at least a small tie-in

My guess is ST in December (obviously) with a giant content drop that should keep the few ST fans happy for a while.

Then we go into OT a lot next year, with a break for CW Season 7 in February.

My guess is ST in December (obviously) with a giant content drop that should keep the few ST fans happy for a while.

Then we go into OT a lot next year, with a break for CW Season 7 in February.

Would like that, approved
  • ST will be ROS movie update.

CS will not have OT or ST as they were only ever Clone Wars creations. Co-Op is also based loosely on CS so that will remain CW only.

The support for this game was never going to touch on OT by the look of it. It was always only going to be about Clone Wars and the movies as they release... TLJ, SOLO, ROS.

The excellent OT game modes from BF 2015 have been ignored unfortunately (Trench Run)

GA and SA was, and remains a basic triumph in my eyes as that is all I have played pretty much exclusively since launch and only the matchmaking short comings are turning me off at the moment.

I love star wars and visually this game is amazing. If there were no updates after launch I'd still be playing GA and SA. The game modes and content additions post launch have been a huge disappointment for me though.

All the Clone Wars paraphernalia plastered all over the place moves the look and feel further and further away from what I identify as Star Wars personally. eg the banner of the Battlefront subreddit bears no resemblance to Star Wars at all.

Yea because Clone Wars isn't represented enough in this game already
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    The question is not when? 2nd December Update and from there on most likely a few months. But the real question should be "How Long will we get ST or OT content" - remember, clone wars will start next year with a new season and they will likely perform at least a small tie-in

Haha yeah - I like it how clone wars fans comment saying 'after feb/march after season 7' as if its a given they will do something for it, or almost daring them not to do it :joy: yet they havent done a Mandalorian tie in, ehich is already more well known than TCW animation
  • Why are you going to make a post like this when you know we are getting Rise of Skywalker content this month? LOL!!

It's supposed to have a new planet, new reinforcements, new skins, etc. I'm hoping it also includes co-op mode for ST and maybe even Capital Supremacy for ST. I'd like to see those modes expanded for variety sake if nothing else. There's only 5 clone wars maps, despite all the threads about it. Clone Wars was and still is vastly underrepresented.

My guess is 2020 will be mostly ST and OT era content, with some Clone Wars content in February to tie in with Clone Wars Season 7. I would assume that's when Ashoka and Ventress will be added.
  • Why are you going to make a post like this when you know we are getting Rise of Skywalker content this month? LOL!!

It's supposed to have a new planet, new reinforcements, new skins, etc. I'm hoping it also includes co-op mode for ST and maybe even Capital Supremacy for ST. I'd like to see those modes expanded for variety sake if nothing else. There's only 5 clone wars maps, despite all the threads about it. Clone Wars was and still is vastly underrepresented.

My guess is 2020 will be mostly ST and OT era content, with some Clone Wars content in February to tie in with Clone Wars Season 7. I would assume that's when Ashoka and Ventress will be added.

I am referring specifically to the game types I listed, I’m bad at titles and need something to reel y’all into thinking I have something of value to say worth reading. Did it work? 😂
  • willywonka7
    2334 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    !!!!SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!

Nah there won't be anything to add for the Sequel trilogy in 2020 after Rise of Skywalker content this month, not unless they want to turn this game into my little pony.........b0o4j6d0bfip.png

Grab your pony everybody!
    cdvzwtnusqff.png
    Disney star wars......they could have designed any creature in the world to ride. What did they decide to go with horse's with boar tusks. Don't even have to watch the movie to know this is going to be a stupid scene.

I mean George lucas at least had people create creatures you've never remotely seen before at all.....you think that the M0R0Ns at Disney would have been smart enough to come up with a creatures that could fly to help them in this battle.
    utsc2v4rr3th.png

We went from tantans and blurrgs (which is awesome in mandalorian)......to horses. They really are out of ideas!
    k5zmp5ohvtb2.png

• DarthJ wrote: »
    The question is not when? 2nd December Update and from there on most likely a few months. But the real question should be "How Long will we get ST or OT content" - remember, clone wars will start next year with a new season and they will likely perform at least a small tie-in

Haha yeah - I like it how clone wars fans comment saying 'after feb/march after season 7' as if its a given they will do something for it, or almost daring them not to do it :joy: yet they havent done a Mandalorian tie in, ehich is already more well known than TCW animation

This comment is just so...gosh there are no words for your level of stupidity. If you don't understand why there hasn't been a Mando tie in the I don't even want to talk to you
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• CT_93921 wrote: »
    Why are you going to make a post like this when you know we are getting Rise of Skywalker content this month? LOL!!

I am referring specifically to the game types I listed, I’m bad at titles and need something to reel y’all into thinking I have something of value to say worth reading. Did it work? 😂

Click bait worked I guess lol. But again, they might be adding ST to these modes. As popular as Co-op and CS have been, I would be surprised if they didn't. Felucia was designed specifically for those modes, and we get a new planet with Rise of Skywalker.

Bruh. The very fact that the devs LOVE CW and have given us other CW content before other content is the very reason we assume we’ll get it in feb😂😂. It’s not that hard to piece together my friend.
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

This comment is just so...gosh there are no words for your level of stupidity. If you don't understand why there hasn't been a Mando tie in the I don't even want to talk to you

You just spoke to me
  • lowell
    2151 posts Member
    !!!!SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!

Nah there won't be anything to add for the Sequel trilogy in 2020 after Rise of Skywalker content this month, not unless they want to turn this game into my little pony.........b0o4j6d0bfip.png

Grab your pony everybody!
    cdvzwtnusqff.png
    Disney star wars......they could have designed any creature in the world to ride. What did they decide to go with horse's with boar tusks. Don't even have to watch the movie to know this is going to be a stupid scene.

I mean George lucas at least had people create creatures you've never remotely seen before at all.....you think that the M0R0Ns at Disney would have been smart enough to come up with a creatures that could fly to help them in this battle.
    utsc2v4rr3th.png

We went from tantans and blurrgs (which is awesome in mandalorian)......to horses. They really are out of ideas!
    k5zmp5ohvtb2.png

There is Resistance and the Poe comics along with Galaxy's Edge. While Resistance is not on the same level as TCW or Rebels, it's also ending likely a few weeks after TROS hits theaters, around the time TCW Season 7 is released on Disney+ and I don't mind getting maps, weapons, vehicles, reinforcements, heroes from the show for content.

While films like TROS and Rogue One and shows like TCW and Rebels get likely content drops for more than one month, I could see Resistance and the Mandalorian each getting at least one month of content drop.

While the story could be crappy (some here have alluded it to TLJ), the characters, locations, vehicles, units, etc. in any particular Star Wars content still provide usefulness in a Battlefront game.
  • Anything will be a plus in my mind. I already feel like I have received my money’s worth given the amount of hours I have played. Curious to see what content they release for Rise of the Skywalker. If they were to add Ahsoka and Ventress next year then that would be awesome. A couple more maps for GA and SA would be the cherry on top.

My nan is more well known in this context than the animated series 🤣🤣
  • lowell
    2151 posts Member

Well, we wouldn't have gotten Saw Gerrera being the first character to jump from animation to live-action in Rogue One if it weren't for George creating TCW as his last major work on Star Wars.

If you don’t think the CW is popular I want want you’re smoking 😂😂. The mando is more popular than Solo AND rogue combined so that’s tough to put it against a Netflix exclusive back in the day 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • I have a bad feeling they'll just add this ST content from the movie. Which will probably be one map/planet with a couple sizes, skins for current heroes, skins for troopers or special units, sith troopers and that's it. We will probably get slightly changed OT and ST Galactic Assault maps for CS with the ship phase a combo of the death star II map and Venator Destroyer interior. In other words, minimal effort disguised as a big update. The biggest thing we'll get is a new map from ROS. The rest will be small things like I just mentioned for CS and maybe some hero or trooper skins, whoop-de-doo
  • ST will be ROS movie update.

CS will not have OT or ST as they were only ever Clone Wars creations. Co-Op is also based loosely on CS so that will remain CW only.

The support for this game was never going to touch on OT by the look of it. It was always only going to be about Clone Wars and the movies as they release... TLJ, SOLO, ROS.

The excellent OT game modes from BF 2015 have been ignored unfortunately (Trench Run)

GA and SA was, and remains a basic triumph in my eyes as that is all I have played pretty much exclusively since launch and only the matchmaking short comings are turning me off at the moment.

I love star wars and visually this game is amazing. If there were no updates after launch I'd still be playing GA and SA. The game modes and content additions post launch have been a huge disappointment for me though.

All the Clone Wars paraphernalia plastered all over the place moves the look and feel further and further away from what I identify as Star Wars personally. eg the banner of the Battlefront subreddit bears no resemblance to Star Wars at all.

I don't agree with the bolded part. We can argue about the "Capital" part of CS (even though it is not unthinkable that some Capital ships were boarded by rebels during the Galactic Civil War or the same thing between the First Order and the Resistance during the "cold war"/ST era), but the "Supremacy" part perfectly fits both OT and ST. Co-op is based on the Supremacy part (the same goes for Instant Action), so it makes sense to have some kind of "Supremacy" mode added to the CS rotation (if they can go ahead and mix Strike with Extraction, why not?), and Co-op and Instant Action to these eras.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Let's all relax.

OT and ST will likely join Coop and Instant Action one day or another. Their CW bias only made CW a start point for all modes and kind of content IMO. I bet they declared CS was PT-exclusive because it wasn't time for an announcement.

Then, and only then, they might add the ships for these maps to join CS.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    ST will be ROS movie update.

I don't agree with the bolded part. We can argue about the "Capital" part of CS (even though it is not unthinkable that some Capital ships were boarded by rebels during the Galactic Civil War or the same thing between the First Order and the Resistance during the "cold war"/ST era), but the "Supremacy" part perfectly fits both OT and ST. Co-op is based on the Supremacy part (the same goes for Instant Action), so it makes sense to have some kind of "Supremacy" mode added to the CS rotation (if they can go ahead and mix Strike with Extraction, why not?), and Co-op and Instant Action to these eras.

I genuinely hope you're right.

But not sure I wouldn't prefer something else other than CS if they were going to do something... I am not that fond of the mode tbh.

I think I'd rather they add the Trench Run mode from 2105 instead of OT CS.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    ST will be ROS movie update.

I genuinely hope you're right.

But not sure I wouldn't prefer something else other than CS if they were going to do something... I am not that fond of the mode tbh.

I think I'd rather they add the Trench Run mode from 2105 instead of OT CS.

Got boring pretty fast for me, rounds last too long and dice ruin modes with chokepoints. If there were other ways to destroy the capital ships, the mode would instantly become awesome...but at the moment it's meh.

i like the conquest part of the mode but ship part is a cf.
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member

If you don’t think the CW is popular I want want you’re smoking 😂😂. The mando is more popular than Solo AND rogue combined so that’s tough to put it against a Netflix exclusive back in the day 🤷🏻‍♂️

The CW group is so easy to get a bite out of :joy: within minutes 2 of you, and one coming out with a personal insult of stupid for daring to have an opinion that is different than yours. If that was the other way around I would have been banned (which I have a few times for doing). Still fun to wind up with occasionally

Point does stand though that this place is now a mini-Reddit. Anyone who doesn't scream TCW is the best has been shouted down and left/banned. Not really a diverse place when only one opinion counts towards anything.
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member

Bruh. The very fact that the devs LOVE CW and have given us other CW content before other content is the very reason we assume we’ll get it in feb😂😂. It’s not that hard to piece together my friend.

Then this isn't right, and they shouldn't string people along by saying 'our eyes are on other eras now', when all they have done is a couple of skins for Luke, and forced to do ST content as a movie tie-in. What you love the most shouldn't come into it. Most people have had sensible solutions in that they switch between the eras per release, or every couple of releases. Rtaher than pat themselves on the back every time Reddit and this place jump for joy when the 277th doorstop division skins are released and then redone for months when the central yellow line on the left shoulder guard isnt quite central enough

The CW group is so easy to get a bite out of :joy: within minutes 2 of you, and one coming out with a personal insult of stupid for daring to have an opinion that is different than yours. If that was the other way around I would have been banned (which I have a few times for doing). Still fun to wind up with occasionally

Point does stand though that this place is now a mini-Reddit. Anyone who doesn't scream TCW is the best has been shouted down and left/banned. Not really a diverse place when only one opinion counts towards anything.

Love your bubble