criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition

adamjbamford
1449 posts Member
edited December 2
Just been leaked, I’m guessing this is what we’ll find out about on Wednesday.

https://images.app.goo.gl/nyj8anD674NQvYsy5

pu2zlb52ulri.png

Replies

• Wait what
  • Also I don’t think that’s real
  • Just looked at the description for it. Looks amazing, I’ll definitely buy this for a friend for Christmas
  • Omg it’s real
  • bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    Just looked at the description for it. Looks amazing, I’ll definitely buy this for a friend for Christmas

Gag gift?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Yea I think everybody assumed they were coming to the game. Sweet cover nonetheless tho!
  • Well the only thing OG BF2 console disk versions has is the FOV slider and the old UI...loved them both.

Guess the CE will have no traces of that. Oh well far more content on disc for sure.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    3355 posts Member
    edited December 3
    But what will the LS reinforcement be? I’m drawing a blank

And why would the re sale battlefront when it’s already 8$? That’s weird to me but Sith troopers should be cool
  • bfloo
    16093 posts Member

And why would the re sale battlefront when it’s already 8$? That’s weird to me but Sith troopers should be cool

At the rate disney is going with the ds factions, the Sith Troopers will prob be worthless
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

At the rate disney is going with the ds factions, the Sith Troopers will prob be worthless

Hoping they have Force Lightning and Force Choke
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • If this is real its interesting
  • bfloo wrote: »

😂😂 true
  • But what will the LS reinforcement be? I’m drawing a blank

The "Celebration Edition" will have "complete collection of customization content acquirable through in-game purchase from launch up to – and including – items inspired by STAR WARS™: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER™." So all those appearances will be unlocked from the start. Depending on the price point, it should be a good deal for new players.
  • Alwe15
    1649 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »

The "Celebration Edition" will have "complete collection of customization content acquirable through in-game purchase from launch up to – and including – items inspired by STAR WARS™: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER™." So all those appearances will be unlocked from the start. Depending on the price point, it should be a good deal for new players.

I assume there will be an upgrade price, for those of us with the game already 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • It’s also says Kylo Rey and Finn skins so there’s another leak too

Eh. Most of us assumed they were all getting skins anyway
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif
  • Lyc4n
    1496 posts Member
    edited December 3
    Alwe15 wrote: »

I assume there will be an upgrade price, for those of us with the game already 🤷🏼‍♂️

This would be nice tbf, im sire they could actually make a tonne of money from this if they did. If you have to buy a new game for it then they will be missing out a lot.
  • Alwe15
    1649 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »

This would be nice tbf, im sire they could actually make a tonne of money from this if they did. If you have to buy a new game for it then they will be missing out a lot.

It is usual practise tbf, deluxe editions, definitive editions, classic editions and game of the year editions...usually have an upgrade option 👍🏼

Eh. Most of us assumed they were all getting skins anyway

Very true
  • Ooh let’s celebrate a red stormtrooper whoopie
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • lowell
    1722 posts Member
    With a TROS re-release of the game, I see why they can use this existing game to pull in more players and keep building this game up. But if this is what the devs intended to announce on Wednesday, I think they're furious this got leaked and hoping current players will still get any other new content that Celebration Edition owners will get for free.

And we got a large slate of upcoming Star Wars content coming from Lucasfilm in the next few months and future that will grow this game further and further.

Celebration Edition release sypnosis:

"Be the hero in the ultimate STAR WARS™ battle fantasy with STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition! Get STAR WARS Battlefront II and the complete collection of customization content acquirable through in-game purchase from launch up to – and including – items inspired by STAR WARS™: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER™* when they release December 20, 2019.

The Celebration Edition contains:

● Base Game ○ Including all past and future free game updates as they release

● More than 25 Hero Appearances ○ Including six Legendary Appearances, plus one Appearance each for Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, coming December 20

● More than 125 Trooper and Reinforcement Appearances

● More than 100 Hero and Trooper Emotes and Voice Lines

● More than 70 Hero and Trooper Victory Poses.

Put your mastery of the blaster, lightsaber, and the Force to the test in Capital Supremacy’s massive, multiplayer tug-of-war. Battle alone against AI foes in Instant Action. Play together with friends through exciting Co-Op missions. Partake in large conflicts on iconic planets and with characters across three STAR WARS eras. Additionally, starting December 20, 2019, experience intense battles on an exotic new battlefront with Reinforcements inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER.

Celebrate two years’ worth of free updates and content since launch alongside the game’s thriving community. Live out the STAR WARS battles of your dreams. Heroes are born on the battlefront. *Customization content released after December 20, 2019 is not included in the Celebration Edition. Conditions & restrictions apply. See ea.com/legal for details."
  • Soooo in other words, I'll already have everything included in this new edition.
  • Soooo in other words, I'll already have everything included in this new edition.

Im still missing like a quarter of the skins.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif

Im still missing like a quarter of the skins.

I have all the trooper skins and emotes I want, and every hero skin, emote, and victory pose except the Solo skins for Han and Lando....and still have over a million credits 🙄
  • I hope the preorder skins are also included in the celebration edition!
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • clubprivat wrote: »
    I hope the preorder skins are also included in the celebration edition!

That wouldn't make me buy it tbh
  • clubprivat wrote: »
    I hope the preorder skins are also included in the celebration edition!

Agreed.
    I have two questions about this
    1. Will it just be the stuff that’s already in the game?
    2. Will it include all the community event rewards, Jedi Training Rey, and Kylo Ren Unmasked?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • freshseth83
    623 posts Member
    edited December 3
    Idc about skins, it's really just something to unlock. Now, if there's new characters and they're already unlocked that doesn't matter much either because it'll come for free in the update. Not sure what there is in this 'edition' that would make someone already with the game to buy it. But might be enticing for new players.
  • Sigh... yet again 😒
    emote.png

Not enough CW representation
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Did I read right? Does it include every customization option out until now?