criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

If the "Star Wars" Movies, (Rated by Audiences on Rotten Tomato) was a Class Score for Finals

Starmasui73146
1652 posts Member
edited December 2019
If the "Star Wars" movies, (rated by audiences on Rotten Tomato) was a class score for the final exam, this would be how it would go down.

How schools rate you when grading.
97%-100% = A+ (perfection)
93%-96% = A
90%-92% = A-
87%-89% = B+
83%-86% = B
80%-82% = B-
77%-79% = C+
73%-76% = C
70%-72% = C-
67%-69% = D+
63%-66% = D
60%-62% = D-
57%-59% = F+ (you flunk)
53%-56% = F (you flunk)
0%-52% = F- (you flunk)

The following is the actually averaging by the website Rotten Tomatoes and (for the most part) has nothing to do with my opinion. The percentages are a cumulative average of all audience reviews.

"The Phantom Menace" (59%) F+

"Attack of the Clones" (56%) F

"Revenge of the Sith" (66%) D

"Solo: A Star Wars Story" (64%) D

"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" (86%) B

"A New Hope" (96%) A

"The Empire Strikes Back" (97%) A+

"The Return of the Jedi" (94%) A

"The Force Awakens" (87%) B+

"The Last Jedi" (44%) F-

"The Rise of Skywalker" (86%) B

Soooooo do you think their scores were fair? Chime in.

“There is always hope.”
Post edited by Starmasui73146 on

Replies

• Yeah i think what you have here is pretty accurate. The only one that deserves a little bit of a higher rating is ROTS.
  • I'd think Sith should be a bit higher personally. And Solo was not bad but yeah, Episode 1,2 and Last Jedi were pretty bad films. Don't care what prequals fans say, sorry, the first 2 were a wreck. Good backstory and lore, bit terrible as films.

I think episode 3-7+Rogue One are indeed the best parts of Star Wars on the big screen.
  • Lmao no PTs were so much better TFA deserves a 0% TPM should be a B+ AoTC B and RotS should also be a B+
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• I haven’t hated a single Star Wars movies, though I did hate the 3D version of the Phantom Menace because the movie wasn’t made for 3D in the slightest.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Lmao no PTs were so much better TFA deserves a 0% TPM should be a B+ AoTC B and RotS should also be a B+

Lol no, not even. Take away what episode 1 and 2 added to the backstory and lore and adding to the backdrop of the clone wars (which as far as star wars is concerned,is wayyyyy more influential on the story as a whole than the new trilogy could ever hope to ve). Episode 1 and 2 compared to FA were indeed bad films. Bad writing, horrendous acting in most cases aside from McGregor, Lee and Ian, poor plot elements too much reliance on CGI etc etc. FA in terms of pleasing average movie goers and film fans, not core SW fans like us, and what they want to see, it completed it's objective more than episode 1 and 2 could ever do. No question.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Lmao no PTs were so much better TFA deserves a 0% TPM should be a B+ AoTC B and RotS should also be a B+

Lol no, not even. Take away what episode 1 and 2 added to the backstory and lore and adding to the backdrop of the clone wars (which as far as star wars is concerned,is wayyyyy more influential on the story as a whole than the new trilogy could ever hope to ve). Episode 1 and 2 compared to FA were indeed bad films. Bad writing, horrendous acting in most cases aside from McGregor, Lee and Ian, poor plot elements too much reliance on CGI etc etc. FA in terms of pleasing average movie goers and film fans, not core SW fans like us, and what they want to see, it completed it's objective more than episode 1 and 2 could ever do. No question.

Nah 😂

Yea this list sucks. Some of his OT are over rated and his PT rankings are hilarious

Yea this list sucks. Some of his OT are over rated and his PT rankings are hilarious

Though TFA rating seems about right, i think the ROTS should've at least gotten a higher rating, though the entirety of the PT was pretty bad and just not the same, TPM and AOTC were pretty bad. Though backlash from the PT was mainly why Lucas sold star wars, but at least the ROTS was good, but i can't stand the dueling style they chose for Anakin's duel with Obi-wan, they both spin like every five seconds, and then that weird pointless saber spin thing that both Obi-wan and Anakin do where their sabers aren't even touching and yet they are still spinning their sabers all over the place until they parried sabers, it was like Obi-wan and Anakin were like... I bet i could spin my saber faster than you. That's what it felt like.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Lmao no PTs were so much better TFA deserves a 0% TPM should be a B+ AoTC B and RotS should also be a B+

Though TFA rating seems about right, i think the ROTS should've at least gotten a higher rating, though the entirety of the PT was pretty bad and just not the same, TPM and AOTC were pretty bad. Though backlash from the PT was mainly why Lucas sold star wars, but at least the ROTS was good, but i can't stand the dueling style they chose for Anakin's duel with Obi-wan, they both spin like every five seconds, and then that weird pointless saber spin thing that both Obi-wan and Anakin do where their sabers aren't even touching and yet they are still spinning their sabers all over the place until they parried sabers, it was like Obi-wan and Anakin were like... I bet i could spin my saber faster than you. That's what it felt like.

Is there a better saber fight than Anakin and Obiwan?
  • And to me, saying Phantom and AOC are awful is a personal opinion I feel like. Just like my opinion of Empire and new hope over rated
  • And to me, saying Phantom and AOC are awful is a personal opinion I feel like. Just like my opinion of Empire and new hope over rated

Not really. Go to any class dealing with movies and effects and those movies are rightly praised. Prequals are not because they just are not on the same level. Some of you guys just can't appreciate classics and are too in love with the CW setting to see the bad and how as a whole the OT are superior made films. Sure you can give an opinion, bit an opinion can also be wrong. It's a fact that the OT had better acting, writing, natural effects, better filming techniques, a more concentrated story etc. That's not just opinion, there is such a thing as better writing and filming.

Yeah there are plenty of saber duels that are better than Obi-wan and Anakin's spinning every five seconds dance fight act.
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Yeah there are plenty of saber duels that are better than Obi-wan and Anakin's spinning every five seconds dance fight act.

Except that these are trained Jedi at their prime wielding weightless swords as the Force augments their speed and reactions. Each time Obi-Wan spun around was just a quick and tactical retreat. Anakin's? Anakin is arrogant, thinking he can beat everyone. It makes sense for him to spin every second. Its much better than the throne room fight scene in TLJ atleast.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• Rinku wrote: »

Except that these are trained Jedi at their prime wielding weightless swords as the Force augments their speed and reactions. Each time Obi-Wan spun around was just a quick and tactical retreat. Anakin's? Anakin is arrogant, thinking he can beat everyone. It makes sense for him to spin every second. Its much better than the throne room fight scene in TLJ atleast.

I mean they looked stupid with all the spinning, since when did Obi-wan spin so much in any of his duels with Dooku, Grievous or Maul, i've never seen him spin so much, and then that kinda dumb seen where Obi-wan and Anakin spin their sabers, all the while they aren't touching them in a clash, they're just like, i can spin mine faster than you can, that's what it felt like, the dueling is just not compared to the rest of the duels thru out the entirety of Star Wars.
    Rinku wrote: »

I mean they looked stupid with all the spinning, since when did Obi-wan spin so much in any of his duels with Dooku, Grievous or Maul, i've never seen him spin so much, and then that kinda dumb seen where Obi-wan and Anakin spin their sabers, all the while they aren't touching them in a clash, they're just like, i can spin mine faster than you can, that's what it felt like, the dueling is just not compared to the rest of the duels thru out the entirety of Star Wars.

It wasn't necessary in those fights, but you can see Obi-Wan evade quite alot in those even. Plus, Anakin was a real threat to him, and if he didn't manage to keep up with him and use his surroundings then he would have been toast. Plus, by the time of Mustafar, he was a master. First time with Dooku he was a knight, second time he just got ragdolled only because of his low Midichlorian count. He simply had to concentrate to beat Grevious because Grevious' tactics was mostly about throwing Jedi off balance. Maul? He was merely a padawan in his first fight with Maul, he didn't have as much experience, plus, there wasn't much room to spin around.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• Rinku wrote: »

It wasn't necessary in those fights, but you can see Obi-Wan evade quite alot in those even. Plus, Anakin was a real threat to him, and if he didn't manage to keep up with him and use his surroundings then he would have been toast. Plus, by the time of Mustafar, he was a master. First time with Dooku he was a knight, second time he just got ragdolled only because of his low Midichlorian count. He simply had to concentrate to beat Grevious because Grevious' tactics was mostly about throwing Jedi off balance. Maul? He was merely a padawan in his first fight with Maul, he didn't have as much experience, plus, there wasn't much room to spin around.

Well i mean the multiple duels with revived Maul in the clone wars show.

Well i mean the multiple duels with revived Maul in the clone wars show.

Even then, he still wasn't as experienced since it was only in the first or the second year of the Clone Wars, but i'm sure i saw him spinning around multiple times even.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• OoiiHooked_22
    4347 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    And to me, saying Phantom and AOC are awful is a personal opinion I feel like. Just like my opinion of Empire and new hope over rated

Not really. Go to any class dealing with movies and effects and those movies are rightly praised. Prequals are not because they just are not on the same level. Some of you guys just can't appreciate classics and are too in love with the CW setting to see the bad and how as a whole the OT are superior made films. Sure you can give an opinion, bit an opinion can also be wrong. It's a fact that the OT had better acting, writing, natural effects, better filming techniques, a more concentrated story etc. That's not just opinion, there is such a thing as better writing and filming.

I can still Love the prequels and still like the OT 😂😂. I don’t suscribe to the silly era war. Again, that’s your opinion to say that it has better effects, story, and acting. I’ve asked people taking those classes to give me an honest opinion of those movies and they were older than me (24) and they flat out said the hate on them is over hyped 😂😂. I’ll take their opinion to the bank. I could break down the OT movies with their plot and story holes just like you could for the PT, all the movies have flaws that’s obvious. CGI aside. Episode 3 and 2 are gorgeous, and the hate certain actors get for acting is hilarious. Just because y’all like the OT doesn’t mean it’s required to the hate the PT. I would love to show you the “cheesy” and “awful” acting the old and new films had, they all had it 😂😂. It’s Star Wars and the movies gained waaaaaay too much hate. So yea you are right. An opinion can be wrong 😂. You have semi proved that. I’ll never understand why it matters to you people which trilogy is better 😂😂😂 it’s all Star Wars bud, you can rate them all you want. But saying they are a “failure” or dismissing them for the sole fact that the others are better is so silly. As I said. Empire and New Hope are over hyped 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • It’s an argument and a debate on which had SUPERIOR acting, and story. But don’t be a clown and flat out say the PT was AWFUL😂😂.
  • I remember reading about what the actor of C-3PO Anthony Daniels said about the his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star wars. He said this..... "The best Star Wars films i ever acted in will always be the OT, though 3PO didn't have that much of a big role in it, but the OT will still always be the best."

"Now the PT.... i never really caught on with the PT. It felt too different, and just felt weird to act as 3PO in the PT, 3PO didn't have much of story in the PT either, it just didn't feel the same, i felt kinda icky as 3PO in the PT."

"Now the ST, i and others felt a little pushed around in the ST. I was but decor in the last two ST movies, but that i definitely, for once is involved a lot in the rise of skywalker. C-3PO will be more important than ever seen before in a Star Wars movie, he for once has a big and vital part of it, the rise of skywalker is amazing, the story and plot of it is amazing, the rise of skywalker has too be one of the best Star Wars movies i've ever acted in as 3PO." He also states that he is not worried about people wanting to boycott the rise of skywalker, he says because he believes that the one's that want to boycott it and refuse to see it, will most likely be the first one's in line too see it.

I for one have too agree with everything Anthony says about his time as 3PO thru out Star Wars.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah this list sucks. Some of his OT are over rated and his PT rankings are hilarious

Lol, you do realize the grade rating list is an averaging of Rotten Tomato's and has nothing to do with my opinion right? Those percentages was a cumulative average of all audience reviews.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    And to me, saying Phantom and AOC are awful is a personal opinion I feel like. Just like my opinion of Empire and new hope over rated

I can still Love the prequels and still like the OT 😂😂. I don’t suscribe to the silly era war. Again, that’s your opinion to say that it has better effects, story, and acting. I’ve asked people taking those classes to give me an honest opinion of those movies and they were older than me (24) and they flat out said the hate on them is over hyped 😂😂. I’ll take their opinion to the bank. I could break down the OT movies with their plot and story holes just like you could for the PT, all the movies have flaws that’s obvious. CGI aside. Episode 3 and 2 are gorgeous, and the hate certain actors get for acting is hilarious. Just because y’all like the OT doesn’t mean it’s required to the hate the PT. I would love to show you the “cheesy” and “awful” acting the old and new films had, they all had it 😂😂. It’s Star Wars and the movies gained waaaaaay too much hate. So yea you are right. An opinion can be wrong 😂. You have semi proved that. I’ll never understand why it matters to you people which trilogy is better 😂😂😂 it’s all Star Wars bud, you can rate them all you want. But saying they are a “failure” or dismissing them for the sole fact that the others are better is so silly. As I said. Empire and New Hope are over hyped 🤷🏻‍♂️

Im sure did go to those classes and businesses all over your nearest city and asked the instructors and artists and cinematographers a day after I posted that....ok sure thing lol.
    No one is saying you can't like them but to act as if they are all on the same level because "it's star wars"is just not true. The OT might have cheesy moments but those are very few and far between compared to the prequals, gosh they are so few. Also no one said we hate the prequals. I personally stated Revenge of the Sith should be higher rates than it is if you look at my first comment.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Soooooooo if I placed the Star Wars films in order from the highest audience grade to the lowest audience grade this is what we'd get.

(1.) "The Empire Strikes Back" (97%) A+
    (2.) "A New Hope" (96%) A
    (3.) "The Return of the Jedi" (94%) A
    (4.) "The Force Awakens" (87%) B+
    (5.) "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" (86%) B
    (6.) "The Rise of Skywalker" (86%) B
    (7.) "Revenge of the Sith" (66%) D
    (8.) "Solo: A Star Wars Story" (64%) D
    (9.) "The Phantom Menace" (59%) F+
    (10.) "Attack of the Clones" (56%) F
    (11.) "The Last Jedi" (44%) F-

Interestingly enough my views very on the Star Wars films on many levels, though this is the order I would place them from best to worst.

#1 "The Empire Strikes Back" (the special edition)
    #2 "The Return of the Jedi" (the special edition) - except the Jedi Rocks song, I hate that
    #3 "The Rise of Skywalker"
    #4 "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"
    #5 "A New Hope" (the special edition) - though Han shooting first from classic version is better
    #6 "The Force Awakens"
    #7 "Revenge of the Sith"
    #8 "Attack of the Clones"
    #9 "Solo: A Star Wars Story"
    #10 "The Phantom Menace"
    #11 "The Last Jedi"

That said though all of these films do have good scenes in them. Many do have redeeming qualities to them. But it was always a few key points that hurt them.

The sinker for "Phantom Menace" was Jar Jar Binks annoying voice and yells 2:07-2:08. That creature makes me cringe.

The sinker for "The Last Jedi" was the lack of respect for Luke Skywalker character.

The sinker for "Solo: A Star Wars Story" was the fact that the actor did not try to sound anything at all like Harrison Ford and looked not a lot like him. When I point out the actor my wife said "Who's that suppose to be?"
    I said, "That's young Han Solo."
    She laughed and said, "He doesn't look like young Harrison Ford did. Nor does he sound like him."

"Attack of the Clones" suffered but only in this one scene from poor delivery by Ewan McGregor 0:21 (the elevator scene)
    and bad writing dialog by George Lucas (Anakin explaining what took him so long to grab a vehicle at 1:39, it just has to much exposition. The scene doesn't flow naturally it feels forced.)

“There is always hope.”
    I remember reading about what the actor of C-3PO Anthony Daniels said about the his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star wars. He said this..... "The best Star Wars films i ever acted in will always be the OT, though 3PO didn't have that much of a big role in it, but the OT will still always be the best."

"Now the PT.... i never really caught on with the PT. It felt too different, and just felt weird to act as 3PO in the PT, 3PO didn't have much of story in the PT either, it just didn't feel the same, i felt kinda icky as 3PO in the PT."

"Now the ST, i and others felt a little pushed around in the ST. I was but decor in the last two ST movies, but that i definitely, for once is involved a lot in the rise of skywalker. C-3PO will be more important than ever seen before in a Star Wars movie, he for once has a big and vital part of it, the rise of skywalker is amazing, the story and plot of it is amazing, the rise of skywalker has too be one of the best Star Wars movies i've ever acted in as 3PO." He also states that he is not worried about people wanting to boycott the rise of skywalker, he says because he believes that the one's that want to boycott it and refuse to see it, will most likely be the first one's in line too see it.

I for one have too agree with everything Anthony says about his time as 3PO thru out Star Wars.

Dude he said ROS was good. It wasn't. Who cares what C=3P0 said tbh

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• WHY DO PEOPLE HATE TPM. Legit the movies suffers from 2 problems. The Anakin actor is too young and Jar Jar Binks. Other than that it is a awesome movie and gets a B-.

Here are the Star Wars Movie Rankings

TPM: B
    AOTC:B-
    ROTS:A
    ANH:B+
    ESB:A
    ROTJ:B
    TFA:F
    TLJ:F
    TROS:C-

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• note that RT is owned by Comcast (Warner has a minority stake), and it now culls negative reviews that it feels are "invalid" using criteria it does not make public

as a corporate media-owned website that seeks ad revenue, it has a natural conflict of interest, and Hollywood is acutely aware of RT's influence on first and second weekend box office and has pressured RT to screen audience reviews

more recent movies may benefit from this
  • ExtractionFan69
    484 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    WHY DO PEOPLE HATE TPM. Legit the movies suffers from 2 problems. The Anakin actor is too young and Jar Jar Binks. Other than that it is a awesome movie and gets a B-.

the acting across the board is flat, the action scenes are listless or contrived, and the main plot is the world's dullest space police episode
  • personally I would put all of the prequels ahead of the sequel trilogy, the prequels are often dull and the dialogue is cringe and the acting is wooden and the plots are bizarrely contrived, but they are still more entertaining than a committee-created trilogy that is just being made to get Disney a return on its investment
    I remember reading about what the actor of C-3PO Anthony Daniels said about the his time as 3PO in the entirety of Star wars. He said this..... "The best Star Wars films i ever acted in will always be the OT, though 3PO didn't have that much of a big role in it, but the OT will still always be the best."

Dude he said ROS was good. It wasn't. Who cares what C=3P0 said tbh

Well a lot of people agreed with him on what he said...... especially what he said about the PT, so many that agree with him on that.