criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Droids. Huh.

Replies

• Darth_Vapor3
    4750 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    F8RGE wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »
    The responses from the first 2 people here is why we cant have nice things. I'm sure they will defend these glorified mechanical soccer balls to the death much like the hordes of people on reddit/youtube who actually think this is a good idea.

We can and do have nice things. Just because you don't think they are nice doesn't take away the fact that other people might. Your thoughts are just that, your own. Just because you want something doesn't mean the entire Star Wars Community has to follow.

We've had a year of Clone Wars content, we're moving into a new Era now. Droids have been at the heart of Star Wars since it began, feels right we include a few in the game.

The more I think about it the more I like these heroes. They’re a unique choice. Lots of other droids to choose from for the OT era as well! ;)

Same. The gameplay is wide open here. They’re neither a saber, nor archetypical blaster hero. Star Wars is ripe with comic value characters. Major characters at that, and droids are a key part of that. I find myself very interested in learning the play styles of these two droids. They are something new that we don’t already have in the game. That’s a good thing.

Addendum: Mace Windu mustn’t be next!
    Post edited by Darth_Vapor3 on
  • Here’s my question: Why? This has to be a joke right? Literally BB-8 over Ashoka and Ventress? Are you frigging serious???

Well the heroes have to be from the ST/ the rise of skywalker. We can't really add ahsoka and ventress as heroes for a rise of skywalker update. Doesn't mean that ahsoka or ventress won't come.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    The responses from the first 2 people here is why we cant have nice things. I'm sure they will defend these glorified mechanical soccer balls to the death much like the hordes of people on reddit/youtube who actually think this is a good idea.

We can and do have nice things. Just because you don't think they are nice doesn't take away the fact that other people might. Your thoughts are just that, your own. Just because you want something doesn't mean the entire Star Wars Community has to follow.

We've had a year of Clone Wars content, we're moving into a new Era now. Droids have been at the heart of Star Wars since it began, feels right we include a few in the game.

Yes, ok, but.. Shouldn't they be enforcers instead of heroes? I mean.. See them in heroes vs villains fighting Vader, Palpatine, Yoda etc will be a little ridiculous and will break the immersion.. Come on, honestly see bb-8 fight Maul and win is too much even for a game
  • And yet, STILL no Qui-Gon, Mace, Krennic, Jyn etc etc etc. ...

Yes I know that they’ve been a big part of Star Wars since the beginning and I think it’s okay to bring them to the game, but why as heroes and not something else? I wouldn’t have a problem with that and I’m sure everyone would be the same
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Here’s my question: Why? This has to be a joke right? Literally BB-8 over Ashoka and Ventress? Are you frigging serious???

Well the heroes have to be from the ST/ the rise of skywalker. We can't really add ahsoka and ventress as heroes for a rise of skywalker update. Doesn't mean that ahsoka or ventress won't come.

I made a post about the potential heroes they could have added from the ST...

LIGHT SIDE-

Zorii Bliss
    Zorii-Bliss.JPG

Jannah
    star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-poster-jannah.jpg

DARK SIDE-

Any of the 6 Knights of Ren
    screen-shot-2019-11-25-at-124019-pm.png
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Here’s my question: Why? This has to be a joke right? Literally BB-8 over Ashoka and Ventress? Are you frigging serious???

I made a post about the potential heroes they could have added from the ST...

LIGHT SIDE-

Zorii Bliss
    Zorii-Bliss.JPG

Jannah
    star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-poster-jannah.jpg

DARK SIDE-

Any of the 6 Knights of Ren
    screen-shot-2019-11-25-at-124019-pm.png

No one knows or cares who those two are. BB8 is a much better choice.

Buddy... the ST is about as fleshed out as it gets. You got all the main characters... At this point you are forcing a bunch of stupid gimmick **** in the game in order to fill a numbers quota. Btw.. where are these other people..? I've never seen a request for these droids on reddit or the forums? You are still missing key characters like Mace Windu.

Star wars is going down hill with the ST. You are NOT attracting new people to the game with ST content. You guys already blew that **** at launch with your monetization scheme. Look out for the players that you have left.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • PGombi
    87 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I just hope for an OT season in 2020, and should DICE decide to bring in droids as heroes, then K-2SO and IG-88 would be a nice choice.
  • DCDT
    194 posts Member
    If BB-8 qualifies, then so does R2D2. And R2 has a rival of his own. u73mp8yzew6p.png
  • ROMG4
    4139 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Droids have been at the heart of Star Wars since it began, feels right we include a few in the game.

giphy.gif

@2000sGuy How about these apples?! Straight from Ben himself! :)
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • Every Droid CONFIRMED!
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • Skulgor
    188 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Imagine One day seeing HK-47. Not likely because a lot of other things would have to happen first but man would that be awesome. The voice lines alone would be worth it
  • Guys... How does a star wars game in 2005 have the important characters like Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Jango Fett etc and this game doesn't. Yet they want to come up with goofy droids in order to get more ST content into the game. How is DICE this tone deaf and delusional..?

Anyone know?
  • polarition wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Guys... How does a star wars game in 2005 have the important characters like Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Jango Fett etc and this game doesn't. Yet they want to come up with goofy droids in order to get more ST content into the game. How is DICE this tone deaf and delusional..?

Anyone know?

They're not really important.

Yeah, uh, Mace is way more important than BB freaking 8.... but yeah
    Guys... How does a star wars game in 2005 have the important characters like Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Jango Fett etc and this game doesn't. Yet they want to come up with goofy droids in order to get more ST content into the game. How is DICE this tone deaf and delusional..?

Anyone know?

Mace... Windu... NOT REALLY IMPORTANT?

qckcp.jpg
  • Meerkat wrote: »

Anyone know?
    Most of the characters in the game had the same abilities and animations.

Anyone know?

Mace... Windu... NOT REALLY IMPORTANT?

qckcp.jpg

He’s cool and all, but what does he really do?

Anyone know?

Didn’t the Jedi in that game all have the same abilities?

Anyone know?

Didn’t the Jedi in that game all have the same abilities?

Nope... They were similar but still unique.

The choice to add these particular droids is...'DICEy'... To say the least. Certainly not going to lend to that "authentic" feel I would say. But I'm hoping they'll be good support for troops and counter to Jedi.
    Guess we'll see.
    It's almost like Disney is making devs "force" this content on us...I would assume to help promote and push merch after the TROS release.
  • I'm stoked they're adding BB-8.
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• I'm stoked they're adding BB-8.

Best character evar
  • a soccer ball fighting Vader or Yoda is incredibly ridiculous, simple as that. I hope they are added in a similar way they did R2-D2 in 2015 and not as a jedi/sith killer

Anyone know?

Eh. I'm not necessarily in disagreement, but it could be debated. BB-8 carried significant plot importance for Force Awakens. Mace didn't really do much but sit on the council.
    Tell me what you want, and I will show you how the dark side can help you achieve it.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg
    polarition wrote: »

Anyone know?

Eh. I'm not necessarily in disagreement, but it could be debated. BB-8 carried significant plot importance for Force Awakens. Mace didn't really do much but sit on the council.

Someone doesn’t know their Star Wars lore 😳

Anyone know?

Care to elaborate what he did that was so important to Star Wars other than being Samuel L. Jackson?
    Tell me what you want, and I will show you how the dark side can help you achieve it.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg
  • Personally I think the next best Hero to be added in game is the Sarlacc. Can't be worse than a soccer ball ?

Anyone know?

Care to elaborate what he did that was so important to Star Wars other than being Samuel L. Jackson?

Went toe to toe with Palpatine in a saber fight. That’s already more than 90% of jedi. Not to mention his CW stuff and killing Jango and his power level...

He BEAT Palpatine in a Saber fight. Til that pesky youngling killer turned up ;)

Anyone know?

Went toe to toe with Palpatine in a saber fight. That’s already more than 90% of jedi. Not to mention his CW stuff and killing Jango and his power level...

He BEAT Palpatine in a Saber fight. Til that pesky youngling killer turned up ;)

I’m still torn who won. Palp was a genius

Anyone know?

Palpatine never really was a saber fighter. He knew how to do it and was taught incredibly well, but he relied more on the force than a lightsaber which is why he used force lightning as his main weapon against his enemies. Mace beating Palpatine is more like a swordsman beating a gunman in a sword fight. The odds were stacked in Mace's favor in those conditions. Same with Yoda.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg

Anyone know?

I’m still torn who won. Palp was a genius

Mace won the fight. Needed his pet project to run in and save him.

Anyone know?

Palpatine never really was a saber fighter. He knew how to do it and was taught incredibly well, but he relied more on the force than a lightsaber which is why he used force lightning as his main weapon against his enemies. Mace beating Palpatine is more like a swordsman beating a gunman in a sword fight. The odds were stacked in Mace's favor in those conditions. Same with Yoda.

He wasn’t a saber fighter? You lost me. This party is over 😂😂

Anyone know?

Well, then I guess you don't know your Star Wars lore.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg

Anyone know?

Palpatine was basically his only achievement, and he LOST that fight. That's all he did. He didn't do anything in the CW other than act as a general, something we've barely even seen. Tons of other Jedi were generals including Aayla and she's not even important. Killing Jango wasn't even really much of an achievement, he just sat there. Obi-Wan had a much more fierce battle with him. And, his power level isn't what we're talking about. I was talking about plot importance, but I had a feeling you were going to bring it up.

He's not really plot important, like I said.

He has more plot importance than than some characters in this game already. Just doesn’t seem you grasp his importance. It’s cool, he speaks for himself I don’t need to

Anyone know?

Palps AND Mace were regarded as top 5 saber users 😂😂 pls correct yourself

Anyone know?

Palpatine was basically his only achievement, and he LOST that fight. That's all he did. He didn't do anything in the CW other than act as a general, something we've barely even seen. Tons of other Jedi were generals including Aayla and she's not even important. Killing Jango wasn't even really much of an achievement, he just sat there. Obi-Wan had a much more fierce battle with him. And, his power level isn't what we're talking about. I was talking about plot importance, but I had a feeling you were going to bring it up.

He has more plot importance than than some characters in this game already. Just doesn’t seem you grasp his importance. It’s cool, he speaks for himself I don’t need to

The only hero in the entire game he has more plot importance than is Bossk... you're just literally making stuff up now, at this point xD Either that or you literally don't know Star Wars, in which case you should probably just stop trying to match wits. It's not doing you well.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg

Anyone know?

Are you dense or something? Did you read anything I said? Or did you not learn that skill? I literally said he knew how and was taught incredibly well BUT relied on the force more than lightsabers. Lol, please. Away with your lesser knowledge.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg

Anyone know?

The only hero in the entire game he has more plot importance than is Bossk... you're just literally making stuff up now, at this point xD Either that or you literally don't know Star Wars, in which case you should probably just stop trying to match wits. It's not doing you well.

Bruh, phasma? Iden? Arguably Finn? I’m not the one looking bad 😂😂😂 Palps isn’t a swordsman 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone know?

Are you dense or something? Did you read anything I said? Or did you not learn that skill? I literally said he knew how and was taught incredibly well BUT relied on the force more than lightsabers. Lol, please. Away with your lesser knowledge.

“Palpatine wasnt a saber fighter “ 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • You don’t need to get salty bruh and try and insult me when you’re wrong, it’s not a good look 😉

Anyone know?

Bruh, phasma? Iden? Arguably Finn? I’m not the one looking bad 😂😂😂 Palps isn’t a swordsman 🤣🤣🤣

Iden is literally the main character of the game. Finn LITERALLY was the one who carried the entirety of Force Awakens. Phasma's arguably lesser, but whatever, really.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about man, and it's sad really. I'm gonna go look at better threads now than match wits with you (an apparent brick wall with a "I <3 Star Wars" sticker slapped onto it). It's a clear no contest, here. Lol.

Read up on your Star Wars lore. I recommend watching the movies, Star Wars the Clone Wars, the comics and if you're still not quite understanding things, maybe some of the wikis can help you understand what you saw. Best of luck to you.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg

Anyone know?

Could be wrong, but I heard that Palpatine let Mace Windu win to set up what followed. But idk.

Anyone know?

Could be wrong, but I heard that Palpatine let Mace Windu win to set up what followed. But idk.

Word of God stated that Windu did beat Palpatine when they were both going all out.
  • LaurenXIV
    481 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    There's a part of me that hopes BB-8s abilities are:

Droid stun (stuns a close range target for a short time)

Money shot (fires coins at enemies and knocks them down)

Hijack AT-ST (BB-8 pilots a First Order AT-ST for a short time)

Also he should have immunity to force choke and Bossk's gas but be more vulnerable to lightning.

And we really need no more Clone Wars era content guys, Im just saying...
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • He BEAT the Senate, that's what he did. George Lucas himself stated as much.

You want more feats? He decapitated Jango Fett. The guy that EVERY clone was based off, the guy who fathered Boba Fett, the guy known in the Galaxy as the BEST bounty Hunter.

If you don't know about Mace Windu's feats, don't act like he did nothing. The things I mentioned are just from his most famous moments in the films. He was Master of the Order, in other words, the TOP Jedi along with Yoda. He's in that position for a reason. Go here for some more of what he's capable of and come back and say he has only one achievement- [url="http:/https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mace-windu-respect-thread-1600030//"]http:/https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mace-windu-respect-thread-1600030//[/url]
  • moistboii wrote: »

Try sniveling about flamers. :/
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!