criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Droids. Huh.

Replies

• To be honest I'm not happy with these two droids as heroes... I think they would be better as reinforcers (but these two aren't "generic" droids, I know) or, in case of BB8, having Poe as a hero _with_ BB8 (basically a blaster hero with support abilities given by the droid, similar to Iden Versio).

Let's see... maybe they'll be fun in some ways, but I just would like to avoid to see BB8 beat characters like Darth Vader, Kylo ecc. Even as "support" hero, it would be weird to see a droid like those having the same "weight" in battles of the other characters (whatever the mode). But at the same time, I know that this is what will happen, considering that they'll cost the same amount of battlepoints and they'll have to be balanced in HVV, like every single character.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Guys... How does a star wars game in 2005 have the important characters like Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Jango Fett etc and this game doesn't. Yet they want to come up with goofy droids in order to get more ST content into the game. How is DICE this tone deaf and delusional..?

Anyone know?

They're not really important.

Yeah, uh, Mace is way more important than BB freaking 8.... but yeah

Eh. I'm not necessarily in disagreement, but it could be debated. BB-8 carried significant plot importance for Force Awakens. Mace didn't really do much but sit on the council.

Someone doesn’t know their Star Wars lore 😳

Care to elaborate what he did that was so important to Star Wars other than being Samuel L. Jackson?

Went toe to toe with Palpatine in a saber fight. That’s already more than 90% of jedi. Not to mention his CW stuff and killing Jango and his power level...

He BEAT Palpatine in a Saber fight. Til that pesky youngling killer turned up ;)

Palpatine never really was a saber fighter. He knew how to do it and was taught incredibly well, but he relied more on the force than a lightsaber which is why he used force lightning as his main weapon against his enemies. Mace beating Palpatine is more like a swordsman beating a gunman in a sword fight. The odds were stacked in Mace's favor in those conditions. Same with Yoda.

Not a good saber fighter.......hahahaha
  • He BEAT the Senate, that's what he did. George Lucas himself stated as much.

You want more feats? He decapitated Jango Fett. The guy that EVERY clone was based off, the guy who fathered Boba Fett, the guy known in the Galaxy as the BEST bounty Hunter.

If you don't know about Mace Windu's feats, don't act like he did nothing. The things I mentioned are just from his most famous moments in the films. He was Master of the Order, in other words, the TOP Jedi along with Yoda. He's in that position for a reason. Go here for some more of what he's capable of and come back and say he has only one achievement- [url="http:/https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mace-windu-respect-thread-1600030//"]http:/https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mace-windu-respect-thread-1600030//[/url]

Killing Jango Fett didn’t really matter. He died while “beating” Palpatine. As far as the plot to the movies goes, he’s not very important. It doesn’t matter what he did off screen or in some comic book.
    Guys... How does a star wars game in 2005 have the important characters like Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Jango Fett etc and this game doesn't. Yet they want to come up with goofy droids in order to get more ST content into the game. How is DICE this tone deaf and delusional..?

Anyone know?

Eh. I'm not necessarily in disagreement, but it could be debated. BB-8 carried significant plot importance for Force Awakens. Mace didn't really do much but sit on the council.

Care to elaborate what he did that was so important to Star Wars other than being Samuel L. Jackson?

Went toe to toe with Palpatine in a saber fight. That’s already more than 90% of jedi. Not to mention his CW stuff and killing Jango and his power level...

Palpatine was basically his only achievement, and he LOST that fight. That's all he did. He didn't do anything in the CW other than act as a general, something we've barely even seen. Tons of other Jedi were generals including Aayla and she's not even important. Killing Jango wasn't even really much of an achievement, he just sat there. Obi-Wan had a much more fierce battle with him. And, his power level isn't what we're talking about. I was talking about plot importance, but I had a feeling you were going to bring it up.

He's not really plot important, like I said.

He has more plot importance than than some characters in this game already. Just doesn’t seem you grasp his importance. It’s cool, he speaks for himself I don’t need to

The only hero in the entire game he has more plot importance than is Bossk... you're just literally making stuff up now, at this point xD Either that or you literally don't know Star Wars, in which case you should probably just stop trying to match wits. It's not doing you well.

Bruh, phasma? Iden? Arguably Finn? I’m not the one looking bad 😂😂😂 Palps isn’t a swordsman 🤣🤣🤣

Iden is literally the main character of the game. Finn LITERALLY was the one who carried the entirety of Force Awakens. Phasma's arguably lesser, but whatever, really.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about man, and it's sad really. I'm gonna go look at better threads now than match wits with you (an apparent brick wall with a "I <3 Star Wars" sticker slapped onto it). It's a clear no contest, here. Lol.

Read up on your Star Wars lore. I recommend watching the movies, Star Wars the Clone Wars, the comics and if you're still not quite understanding things, maybe some of the wikis can help you understand what you saw. Best of luck to you.

Nice cop out. I’ll always remember you saying palp wasn’t a saber duelist 😂😂😂
  • @FourStringBass4 well Star Wars is more of a movie to be fair....if that was the case why do people talk about Boba, bosssk, and GG with high regard? Not from the movies

I honestly don’t understand the love of Boba and Bossk. GG was pretty cool on Ep 3 mainly cause of spinning sabers probably.
  • @FourStringBass4 well Star Wars is more of a movie to be fair....if that was the case why do people talk about Boba, bosssk, and GG with high regard? Not from the movies

I honestly don’t understand the love of Boba and Bossk. GG was pretty cool on Ep 3 mainly cause of spinning sabers probably.

GG had so much more potential 😭
  • Meerkat wrote: »

Anyone know?

Didn’t the Jedi in that game all have the same abilities?

Yeah plus mace windu had his time in BF 2005, so why add him now when he already got his time.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2.

Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.

rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »

Anyone know?

Yeah plus mace windu had his time in BF 2005, so why add him now when he already got his time.

That’s a popular argument with the OT in 15 crowd. Apparently what they do in other games don’t matter in this one. Except when comparing trooper play in battlefronts apparently 😂

Anyone know?

That's like saying the OT got it's time in BF2015, so why add it now when that ERA already got it's time? You know how ludicrous that sounds? The point is he's a hero, one of the best Jedi to have existed, one of the most powerful to have existed, bested the best Dark Side user legit, could still be alive because he hasn't been confirmed as dead, and has the only purple saber too ;)

There is other OT content that should get content. The clone wars got it's content, the rebels show should also get it's content, Something new for both eras from the shows.

rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.

Anyone know?

He BEAT Palpatine in a Saber fight. Til that pesky youngling killer turned up ;)

Palpatine never really was a saber fighter. He knew how to do it and was taught incredibly well, but he relied more on the force than a lightsaber which is why he used force lightning as his main weapon against his enemies. Mace beating Palpatine is more like a swordsman beating a gunman in a sword fight. The odds were stacked in Mace's favor in those conditions. Same with Yoda.

Not a good saber fighter.......hahahaha

That's not even what I said, lol.
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • I haven’t gotten too deep in the lore outside of listening to youtubers like Stupendous wave, but from what I understand, Sidious is an amazing saber user, but he thinks it is beneath him. He believes force users should fight with the force and views saber use as weakness.
  • I haven’t gotten too deep in the lore outside of listening to youtubers like Stupendous wave, but from what I understand, Sidious is an amazing saber user, but he thinks it is beneath him. He believes force users should fight with the force and views saber use as weakness.

I suppose that's true...... palpatine using his chain lightning to kill you in one hit. Saber use i weak against my semi useless dark aura ability, and my and my lightning stun that most of the time my enemies escape before i shock the ground, then i get thrown around like a rag doll all over the place.

rcar0gljuaad.png

Yeah, that's literally what he does, lol. I kept trying to explain that to like 3 people here and they all stopped reading after the first sentence and went into a frenzy.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

Yupp. He was an amazing duelist.

Anyone know?

Ezra already got his time in Galaxy of Heros or whatever its called so why add him now B)

Anyone know?

Ezra already got his time in Galaxy of Heros or whatever its called so why add him now B)

That's an app.... not a real game like this, mace was in BF 2005, now we have new characters everywhere that could be added, from shows, movies and everywhere else. Plus they're taking a break from the clone wars content and we don't know what exactly they mean by "We have some OT ideas for February and March" So who knows what that OT content is, i'm saying let's let some other characters besides one's that have already been done before.

rcar0gljuaad.png
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Anyone know?

That's an app.... not a real game like this, mace was in BF 2005, now we have new characters everywhere that could be added, from shows, movies and everywhere else. Plus they're taking a break from the clone wars content and we don't know what exactly they mean by "We have some OT ideas for February and March" So who knows what that OT content is, i'm saying let's let some other characters besides one's that have already been done before.

But if we can compare games that are made 15 years apart surely we can compare mobile to other platforms
  • Having heroes, maps, skins and blasters from BF15 NOT be in Battlefront 2 at launch is pretty silly.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Anyone know?

But if we can compare games that are made 15 years apart surely we can compare mobile to other platforms

I'm just saying i think the devs will probably do whatever they wish i guess you could say..... i mean no one requested BB-8 to be a hero out of all things, so i suppose we should just count out anything that is highly requested because the devs seem to add who they please, so i guess when it comes to highly requested heroes i suppose it's just based upon hope that they'll come to the game.

rcar0gljuaad.png
  • I just started playing the game and what is hilarious to me is that you folks expect things from this game that have never happened. Ever. Everything DICE and EA have done with this game is poorly thought out and very little effort goes into it. It's a company that sees an IP and figures they can do as little as possible and still fools will pay for the game due to said IP. Sorry folks, you get what you deserve.

Anyone know?

I'm just saying i think the devs will probably do whatever they wish i guess you could say..... i mean no one requested BB-8 to be a hero out of all things, so i suppose we should just count out anything that is highly requested because the devs seem to add who they please, so i guess when it comes to highly requested heroes i suppose it's just based upon hope that they'll come to the game.

The issue with 'highly requested' is relative.

I think this latest hero move is the best to date
  • He BEAT the Senate, that's what he did. George Lucas himself stated as much.

You want more feats? He decapitated Jango Fett. The guy that EVERY clone was based off, the guy who fathered Boba Fett, the guy known in the Galaxy as the BEST bounty Hunter.

If you don't know about Mace Windu's feats, don't act like he did nothing. The things I mentioned are just from his most famous moments in the films. He was Master of the Order, in other words, the TOP Jedi along with Yoda. He's in that position for a reason. Go here for some more of what he's capable of and come back and say he has only one achievement- [url="http:/https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mace-windu-respect-thread-1600030//"]http:/https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mace-windu-respect-thread-1600030//[/url]

Killing Jango Fett didn’t really matter. He died while “beating” Palpatine. As far as the plot to the movies goes, he’s not very important. It doesn’t matter what he did off screen or in some comic book.

Double

Anyone know?

Not that I am disagreeing with you (because I am, but that isn’t the point), but the way you keep repeating phrases along the line of “I think this latest hero move is the best to date” just seems very odd and subtlety like you really don’t like this idea but are forcing yourself to like it.
    Just an observation
  • beep boop beep ... content ... beep boop beep

I really felt the emotion behind that.
  • MC_XIX
    2301 posts Member
    Agree with the topic creator. BB-8 and BB-9 are ridiculous characters to add as heroes. They have no weapons! So we can expect to see Darth Vader killed by a bowling ball? Please, that's not Star Wars. This is going in the wrong direction even more than The Last Jedi did. Adding these two droids as heroes is even worse than Flying Leia, and I thought nothing would top that as the most ridiculous Star Wars moment.

Anyway, why not add K2S0 and IG-88 instead? You know, two powerful droids who are known for violence and capable of combat? An assassin droid and an enforcer droid? People have been asking for countless heroes to be added, and I don't recall a single person wanting BB-8 or BB-9. Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Jyn Erso, Orson Krennic, Ahsoka & Ventress, Aurra Sing and Padme, ETC...
  • Alwe15
    2174 posts Member
    MenToes wrote: »
    beep boop beep ... content ... beep boop beep

I really felt the emotion behind that.

I think they were happy beeps.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Agree with the topic creator. BB-8 and BB-9 are ridiculous characters to add as heroes. They have no weapons! So we can expect to see Darth Vader killed by a bowling ball? Please, that's not Star Wars. This is going in the wrong direction even more than The Last Jedi did. Adding these two droids as heroes is even worse than Flying Leia, and I thought nothing would top that as the most ridiculous Star Wars moment.

Anyway, why not add K2S0 and IG-88 instead? You know, two powerful droids who are known for violence and capable of combat? An assassin droid and an enforcer droid? People have been asking for countless heroes to be added, and I don't recall a single person wanting BB-8 or BB-9. Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Jyn Erso, Orson Krennic, Ahsoka & Ventress, Aurra Sing and Padme, ETC...

I don’t recall seeing any of those possible heroes that you listed in the new movies. Obviously they’re adding sequel content right now
  • Moojammin_10
    3033 posts Member
    edited December 2019

Anyone know?

Not that I am disagreeing with you (because I am, but that isn’t the point), but the way you keep repeating phrases along the line of “I think this latest hero move is the best to date” just seems very odd and subtlety like you really don’t like this idea but are forcing yourself to like it.
    Just an observation

Haha oh ok yes I can see how it might look like that.
    Not actually the case, I am just defending it because I genuinely think it and the amount of bashing the idea is getting before we know all the details seems a little narrow minded to me so I want the point to be heard.

Iv said for a while I don't think the game needs any more heroes, we have all we need.
    This however is a hero announcement that is something different and will be different for gameplay, create hype around the game, create huge discussion across all the socials (as it has).

I stand by my thoughts that this is the best hero announcement to date.

There is some currency as well in the thought that this community can be so toxic with hero's and there has been so many lists compiled of peoples favourite... Few of them agree... The best move Devs can do is introduce 2 hero's not requested by anyone... Then you haven't shown favouritsm anywhere.

People need to open their minds a bit I think.

Obviously I could be proved wrong by January ... We'll see. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Read my post- its not a joke- we called it like 9 months ago. I guess dice heard us
  • MC_XIX
    2301 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

I don’t recall seeing any of those possible heroes that you listed in the new movies. Obviously they’re adding sequel content right now

Fine, if it has to be sequel content, add Hux and Poe Dameron, or even Supreme Leader Snoke! Anything but two unarmed droids.

Fine, if it has to be sequel content, add Hux and Poe Dameron, or even Supreme Leader Snoke! Anything but two unarmed droids.

I know right? This is a really misguided move. I bet the new heroes will be even weaker than Leia. Dumpster Trash who is played once and never touched again.

I know right? This is a really misguided move. I bet the new heroes will be even weaker than Leia. Dumpster Trash who is played once and never touched again.

Il take that bet

Il take that bet

I hope people play as them. Nice 3v4 for my squad

Anyone know?

Yeah and i'm not against BB-8 coming as a hero, i'm rather excited to see how they work....... but they weren't requested, Poe and Hux were requested, so i'm saying things that are more requested almost seem to be last on the devs list, it almost seems like to be that way.

rcar0gljuaad.png
  • When we’re Poe and Hux requested? I check these forums pretty often, and I don’t recall seeing any request for Poe and Hux until people started pouting about droids being added. Poe is in the game already. Hux would be a terrible villain. I’m excited to try out the droids.
  • When we’re Poe and Hux requested? I check these forums pretty often, and I don’t recall seeing any request for Poe and Hux until people started pouting about droids being added. Poe is in the game already. Hux would be a terrible villain. I’m excited to try out the droids.

Dude they had literally frickin Krennic last game. Hux could not be much worse.

I liked Krennic

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

Then you haven’t been paying attention, most of their requests have been around CS and Cross-Era talks. Because CS is era accurate, many people were thinking what about the ST with only 4 heroes? So Hux and Poe were requested many times to bump the ST roster up. This is the same during Cross-era discussions where those wanting the entire game (apart from HvV and similar modes) to be accurate and that again, Poe and Hux should be added to make this possible.

well... krennic was the man behind the Death Star construction, while Hux... you know.. receives your mama jokes and is only being pushed around without any real impact on anything. So yeah, guess Hux is worse than krennic
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

😂😂 that was funny

Anyone know?

Yeah and i'm not against BB-8 coming as a hero, i'm rather excited to see how they work....... but they weren't requested, Poe and Hux were requested, so i'm saying things that are more requested almost seem to be last on the devs list, it almost seems like to be that way.

Well tbh that's been the case since launch regarding requests for significant content.

Maybe buffs, nerfs and QoL stuff from the community has been implemented but that's all

They have their plan to work to and need to stick with it.

At least with this hero choice they haven't shown favouitism to anyone ... No one requested them 🤣🤣
    When we’re Poe and Hux requested? I check these forums pretty often, and I don’t recall seeing any request for Poe and Hux until people started pouting about droids being added. Poe is in the game already. Hux would be a terrible villain. I’m excited to try out the droids.

I liked Krennic

I liked krennic too. He was a great villain in R1.

Anyone know?

Well tbh that's been the case since launch regarding requests for significant content.

Maybe buffs, nerfs and QoL stuff from the community has been implemented but that's all

At least with this hero choice they haven't shown favouitism to anyone ... No one requested them 🤣🤣

Well let’s be fair. Anakin and Obi-Wan were both heavily requested, and Grievous and Dooku were also. So was squad spawn and Conquest(CS).

Anyone know?

Well let’s be fair. Anakin and Obi-Wan were both heavily requested, and Grievous and Dooku were also. So was squad spawn and Conquest(CS).

Should’ve been in at launch 😭

Anyone know?

Should’ve been in at launch 😭

Maybe, but that’s a different discussion, and there are many things that qualify for that. Star Wars is vast.

Anyone know?

Ok well I would suggest Obi wan and anakin were planned and pretty much made before launch, as were dooku and grevious.

Squad spawn was a simple QoL tweak.. a welcome one though

Conquest still is heavily requested.... because CS is not, anything like, conquest. Again.. it was probably in the works prior to launch.

Anyone know?

Ok well I would suggest Obi wan and anakin were planned and pretty much made before launch, as were dooku and grevious.

Squad spawn was a simple QoL tweak.. a welcome one though

Conquest still is heavily requested.... because CS is not, anything like, conquest. Again.. it was probably in the works prior to launch.

Let’s be honest. CS is very much like standard Conquest. Different, but very similar. I don’t think it was in the works at launch, at least not in any significant way, and that doesn’t matter anyway.

Maybe they were planned. That doesn’t matter either. It still took them a year to develop and they were still heavily requested.
  • People keep saying they weren't requested. Well neither was Nien Nunb, Greedo and Dengar and now people worship them