criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Droids. Huh.

124Next

Replies

• Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Guys... How does a star wars game in 2005 have the important characters like Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Jango Fett etc and this game doesn't. Yet they want to come up with goofy droids in order to get more ST content into the game. How is DICE this tone deaf and delusional..?

Anyone know?

Didn’t the Jedi in that game all have the same abilities?

Yeah plus mace windu had his time in BF 2005, so why add him now when he already got his time.

Ezra already got his time in Galaxy of Heros or whatever its called so why add him now B)

That's an app.... not a real game like this, mace was in BF 2005, now we have new characters everywhere that could be added, from shows, movies and everywhere else. Plus they're taking a break from the clone wars content and we don't know what exactly they mean by "We have some OT ideas for February and March" So who knows what that OT content is, i'm saying let's let some other characters besides one's that have already been done before.

But if we can compare games that are made 15 years apart surely we can compare mobile to other platforms

I'm just saying i think the devs will probably do whatever they wish i guess you could say..... i mean no one requested BB-8 to be a hero out of all things, so i suppose we should just count out anything that is highly requested because the devs seem to add who they please, so i guess when it comes to highly requested heroes i suppose it's just based upon hope that they'll come to the game.

The issue with 'highly requested' is relative.

I think this latest hero move is the best to date

Yeah and i'm not against BB-8 coming as a hero, i'm rather excited to see how they work....... but they weren't requested, Poe and Hux were requested, so i'm saying things that are more requested almost seem to be last on the devs list, it almost seems like to be that way.

Well tbh that's been the case since launch regarding requests for significant content.

Maybe buffs, nerfs and QoL stuff from the community has been implemented but that's all

They have their plan to work to and need to stick with it.

At least with this hero choice they haven't shown favouitism to anyone ... No one requested them 🤣🤣

Well let’s be fair. Anakin and Obi-Wan were both heavily requested, and Grievous and Dooku were also. So was squad spawn and Conquest(CS).

Ok well I would suggest Obi wan and anakin were planned and pretty much made before launch, as were dooku and grevious.

Squad spawn was a simple QoL tweak.. a welcome one though

Conquest still is heavily requested.... because CS is not, anything like, conquest. Again.. it was probably in the works prior to launch.

Let’s be honest. CS is very much like standard Conquest. Different, but very similar. I don’t think it was in the works at launch, at least not in any significant way, and that doesn’t matter anyway.

Maybe they were planned. That doesn’t matter either. It still took them a year to develop and they were still heavily requested.

Ok true, maybe maybe not.

I would say though that I loved conquest but never play CS ...... so they cant be that similar. At least to me.
  • When we’re Poe and Hux requested? I check these forums pretty often, and I don’t recall seeing any request for Poe and Hux until people started pouting about droids being added. Poe is in the game already. Hux would be a terrible villain. I’m excited to try out the droids.

Dude they had literally frickin Krennic last game. Hux could not be much worse.

Krennic was much cooler than Hux. Hux is just there to be bullied by Snoke and Kylo or to be the brunt of Poe’s jokes in that one cringe scene.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4724 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Guys... How does a star wars game in 2005 have the important characters like Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Jango Fett etc and this game doesn't. Yet they want to come up with goofy droids in order to get more ST content into the game. How is DICE this tone deaf and delusional..?

Anyone know?

Yeah plus mace windu had his time in BF 2005, so why add him now when he already got his time.

Ezra already got his time in Galaxy of Heros or whatever its called so why add him now B)

That's an app.... not a real game like this, mace was in BF 2005, now we have new characters everywhere that could be added, from shows, movies and everywhere else. Plus they're taking a break from the clone wars content and we don't know what exactly they mean by "We have some OT ideas for February and March" So who knows what that OT content is, i'm saying let's let some other characters besides one's that have already been done before.

But if we can compare games that are made 15 years apart surely we can compare mobile to other platforms

I'm just saying i think the devs will probably do whatever they wish i guess you could say..... i mean no one requested BB-8 to be a hero out of all things, so i suppose we should just count out anything that is highly requested because the devs seem to add who they please, so i guess when it comes to highly requested heroes i suppose it's just based upon hope that they'll come to the game.

Yeah and i'm not against BB-8 coming as a hero, i'm rather excited to see how they work....... but they weren't requested, Poe and Hux were requested, so i'm saying things that are more requested almost seem to be last on the devs list, it almost seems like to be that way.

Well tbh that's been the case since launch regarding requests for significant content.

Maybe buffs, nerfs and QoL stuff from the community has been implemented but that's all

At least with this hero choice they haven't shown favouitism to anyone ... No one requested them 🤣🤣

Well let’s be fair. Anakin and Obi-Wan were both heavily requested, and Grievous and Dooku were also. So was squad spawn and Conquest(CS).

Ok well I would suggest Obi wan and anakin were planned and pretty much made before launch, as were dooku and grevious.

Squad spawn was a simple QoL tweak.. a welcome one though

Conquest still is heavily requested.... because CS is not, anything like, conquest. Again.. it was probably in the works prior to launch.

Let’s be honest. CS is very much like standard Conquest. Different, but very similar. I don’t think it was in the works at launch, at least not in any significant way, and that doesn’t matter anyway.

Maybe they were planned. That doesn’t matter either. It still took them a year to develop and they were still heavily requested.

Ok true, maybe maybe not.

I would say though that I loved conquest but never play CS ...... so they cant be that similar. At least to me.

I play more CS than anything, but man I wished they’d made it more like some of the old Battlefield maps, with the ruleset and gameplay they had.
  • When we’re Poe and Hux requested? I check these forums pretty often, and I don’t recall seeing any request for Poe and Hux until people started pouting about droids being added. Poe is in the game already. Hux would be a terrible villain. I’m excited to try out the droids.

Krennic was much cooler than Hux. Hux is just there to be bullied by Snoke and Kylo or to be the brunt of Poe’s jokes in that one cringe scene.

I’m not arguing who’s cooler than who, but the voice lines for Hux would be great. To me, one Imperial Officer flunky with a pistol is as good as the next.

Loved that scene myself.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »
    The responses from the first 2 people here is why we cant have nice things. I'm sure they will defend these glorified mechanical soccer balls to the death much like the hordes of people on reddit/youtube who actually think this is a good idea.

We can and do have nice things. Just because you don't think they are nice doesn't take away the fact that other people might. Your thoughts are just that, your own. Just because you want something doesn't mean the entire Star Wars Community has to follow.

We've had a year of Clone Wars content, we're moving into a new Era now. Droids have been at the heart of Star Wars since it began, feels right we include a few in the game.

I’ll just say there’s a huge potential for droids to be an annoyance given their size. Like Yoda already enjoys a big tactical advantage in some cases because of how small he is - how will you balance out this size component?
  • polarition wrote: »
    When we’re Poe and Hux requested? I check these forums pretty often, and I don’t recall seeing any request for Poe and Hux until people started pouting about droids being added. Poe is in the game already. Hux would be a terrible villain. I’m excited to try out the droids.

I liked Krennic

I liked krennic too. He was a great villain in R1.

He's got that snazzy cape B)
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Yesterday i dreamed the most perfect Star Wars Videogame, and there were droids.
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • NoriNori wrote: »
    Yesterday i dreamed the most perfect Star Wars Videogame, and there were droids.

sk4u5fzqunrl.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    NoriNori wrote: »
    Yesterday i dreamed the most perfect Star Wars Videogame, and there were droids.

sk4u5fzqunrl.gif

tumblr_p16mueqIAV1r0xdkgo1_r1_500.gifv
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • I always had an urge to kick the little orange one, or cut him with a lightsaber. So this will be okay. If we're doing droids I recommend IG 88 or IG 11 next
  • ROMG4
    4103 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Piscettios wrote: »
    NoriNori wrote: »

sk4u5fzqunrl.gif

5e74b8c1ca1ccdbaa0e97b2717099932e0012c2e_hq.gif

The Rise Of The Machines has begun! At an end the Clone reign is, and not soon enough it was

Also to people saying Hux is better
    tumblr_inline_pdjj5sgzaj1u3gmes_540.gif

You will eat of the floor!
  • People keep saying they weren't requested. Well neither was Nien Nunb, Greedo and Dengar and now people worship them

I never asked for them, still don’t like them
  • People keep saying they weren't requested. Well neither was Nien Nunb, Greedo and Dengar and now people worship them

How can you not like them.. you have no idea how they will be implemented into the game 🤷🏼‍♂️

How can you not like them.. you have no idea how they will be implemented into the game 🤷🏼‍♂️

Im talking about Nien, Greedo and Dengar, like the comment I quoted

well... krennic was the man behind the Death Star construction, while Hux... you know.. receives your mama jokes and is only being pushed around without any real impact on anything. So yeah, guess Hux is worse than krennic

So? They are both not fighters, yet they added Krennic. I mean, if we are going by importance, why is Bossk in they game?

This.
  • Raices
    1537 posts Member
    People keep saying they weren't requested. Well neither was Nien Nunb, Greedo and Dengar and now people worship them

This. Leaving out Ben Kenobi was one of the biggest mistakes of BF15, instead they gave us Nien Numb smh.

Im talking about Nien, Greedo and Dengar, like the comment I quoted

Aahhh.. I see .. sorry. My bad
  • Over Poe and Hux too
    they could atleast include more important ST heroes to fill the Hero choices.but not droids and especially not irrelevant droids like bb9
    thats just bad
  • Over Jar Jar. What kinda world are we living in
  • Grievous15 wrote: »

Anyone know?

Good point. :D
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Over Poe and Hux too
    they could atleast include more important ST heroes to fill the Hero choices.but not droids and especially not irrelevant droids like bb9
    thats just bad

I think that is where the main issue lies, it is not necessarily that we don’t want these droids (I don’t, but still) but it is the fact that the ST has the smallest hero roster in the game and instead of adding actual meaning heroes like Poe and Hux, they are adding BB-8 and BB-9E to fill out the already lacking roster
    The responses from the first 2 people here is why we cant have nice things. I'm sure they will defend these glorified mechanical soccer balls to the death much like the hordes of people on reddit/youtube who actually think this is a good idea.

We can and do have nice things. Just because you don't think they are nice doesn't take away the fact that other people might. Your thoughts are just that, your own. Just because you want something doesn't mean the entire Star Wars Community has to follow.

We've had a year of Clone Wars content, we're moving into a new Era now. Droids have been at the heart of Star Wars since it began, feels right we include a few in the game.

strange. its almost like you mean he is alone with that opinion. when in fact. he is not.
    The majority is not happy with that decision. stop trying to make him seem the only one.
    we all are very unpleased with 2 irrelevant droids becomming heroes over Hux and Poe.

Hux was badass in TFA and ruined in TLJ
    poe is also an important character in the resistance
    but NOOO lets get his droid instead

what a bad joke
  • moistboii wrote: »
    And just as I predicted the horde of dice fanboys rush to the defense of the devs as they hang on their every word. There is no such thing as having your own opinion. Their opinion is that of Dice's.

its 100% true.

people really love everything dice does.
    even the 10000s of bugs.

just imagine
    i play this game since march 2018
    the game was in a way better state gameplay wise.

no lags, only minor bugs.
    nowadays i cant even play certain game modes like CS because they are bug riddled and laggy because of the terrible bots.
    Also they made maul so laggy and buggy.

he used to be one of the smoothest characters and now? his dash isnt working sometimes. he is clunky. his strikes are sometimes not hitting the targets

Oh and i didnt even start with hitregister.

Cant dice ONE time fix their stuff?

i am not hating on Dice , they also do good stuff like the content . but fixing bugs is definitly an issue.
    i remember some info once said that the devs are not that high profile and thats why they simply are not able to fix these bugs.
    its a shame that EA saw bf2 controversy and switched the B squad developers for bf2.
    the once that made the game were definitly A squad. they did it flawless . All release heroes have way better and faster animations. obiwan animation look boring compared to kylos. LMAO obiwan was a master jedi.
    oh and dont get me started on balancing. they make the light side way too strong.
    I remember anakin completely breaking the game. he is still very strong. clone commandos are half a hero and way better than a droideka(they need a buff btw theyre only an option in Close combat and no threat)

All in all.

CONTENT ---> GOOD

Bug,Balance,lag,hitregister --> BAD

• Well part of the reason for this is because it ties into the new film and the recent wave of ST content. The prequels already got their season of content and ashoka and ventress will probably get added in a season 7 update any way. The better question is why didn't they choose other characters from the ST. They could have been abilities for poe and hux or they could have had zorii bliss/jannah and any of the knights of ren.

I'm still sitting somewhere in the middle. While imo there are better choices even within the ST, it will be interesting to see them in action. I'm undecided on whether this will be good or bad.

But to answer the question every time someone mentions ashoka and vetress: they are PT era characters. The PT already had tons of content added and it was an obvious time to focus on the ST with the release of TROS because that era got less content than the other two. They will get back around to the PT when season 7 starts and that's when you can probably expect those characters. Let the ST have it's moment before going back to the other eras. People who like the OT and ST had to sit by for ages and watch the PT get all the content. It's only fair to balance it out.
  • Fenderiix wrote: »
    Well part of the reason for this is because it ties into the new film and the recent wave of ST content. The prequels already got their season of content and ashoka and ventress will probably get added in a season 7 update any way. The better question is why didn't they choose other characters from the ST. They could have been abilities for poe and hux or they could have had zorii bliss/jannah and any of the knights of ren.

I'm still sitting somewhere in the middle. While imo there are better choices even within the ST, it will be interesting to see them in action. I'm undecided on whether this will be good or bad.

But to answer the question every time someone mentions ashoka and vetress: they are PT era characters. The PT already had tons of content added and it was an obvious time to focus on the ST with the release of TROS because that era got less content than the other two. They will get back around to the PT when season 7 starts and that's when you can probably expect those characters. Let the ST have it's moment before going back to the other eras. People who like the OT and ST had to sit by for ages and watch the PT get all the content. It's only fair to balance it out.
    Fenderiix wrote: »
    Well part of the reason for this is because it ties into the new film and the recent wave of ST content. The prequels already got their season of content and ashoka and ventress will probably get added in a season 7 update any way. The better question is why didn't they choose other characters from the ST. They could have been abilities for poe and hux or they could have had zorii bliss/jannah and any of the knights of ren.

Still think it’s dumb.

Starfighters have been at the heart of star wars since it began as well, and you have all but abandoned SFA mode, so dont act like you guys are focusing on what star wars is all about