criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

!!Add Starfighters in CS!!

Prev1
Since the release of the mode, i miss Starfighters presence in Capital Supremacy... There is literally everything (Heroes, tanks, reinforcements, speeders ecc) except starfighters.

Maybe with the new maps coming, they could design them to introuce SF in the gameplay, or....

...wouldn't be amazing if, in the second phase, instead of destroy the capital ship from inside (which is getting boring after a while, and also "anachronistic" in a Star wars way, considering the shields of the capital ship) there would be a starfighters battle to destroy it?

Like: if the team n.1 win the ground phase, it has the chance to jump into the ships to attack the cruiser of team n.2, that has to defend it with their starfighters. Bombers of theam n.1 should hit the weak spots of the capital ship, with fighters protecting them, while interceptors of team n.2 would try to take them down to avoid it. Limited amount of time, but the damage to the capital ship remains, for a second try (eventually). Similar to the actual CS but with an exciting second phase on starfighters.

I think it would be the _definitive star wars experience_, how about what you think?

Replies

• But if it comes to Bf2, also it's would be in CO-OP and IA?
  • Only if they are AI controlled starfighters
  • As someone that dislikes SF gameplay I dislike this idea.
  • Whole heartily agree for starfighters in cs but Dice won't do it because it was apparently "not fun" in their opinion.

Which is strange considering how Battlefield games have had plenty of air vehicles in previous Conquest modes.

I almost wrote "guess battlefield is not funny then" when I wrote the original comment lol
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Only if they are AI controlled starfighters

Why?? Where is the fun?
    Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    I think they should have all of the phases

I think there is a way to make it fun for both groups of players, those who like SF-Gameplay and those who don't:
    First of all, there should be the option to either
    A: decide at the start of the ship phase if you want to spend the phase in a starfighter (maybe with a minimal of battle points, e.g. 500-1000) outside or as a trooper inside the ship or
    B: similar to the way it works in GA, you can use points during the ship phase to spawn as a starfighter.

Either way, I think there are a few things that should be considered with Star fighters in CS.
    1. Starfighters should only be available during the ship phase. This would mean no Control point strafing runs etc. that could annoy troopers.
    2. The two battles during the ship phase should be both as disconnected and intertwined as possible. This means, the Starfighters shouldn't be a definite necessity to winning the match, but still have a role in destroying the ship.
    3. I think the hangars should be open for Starfighters to fly through. Imo this works well on Kashyyyk without the Troopers being too annoyed, since it is pretty hard to hit anything during that short time of a flyby. Plus, it would only affect the beginning of the ship phase, when the attackers land in the hangar.
    4. There should be a limit for starfighters so that the ship isn't empty. That way it is not too apparent for the troopers inside that there are people missing.
    5. AI-Star fighters and a few AI-troopers could fill up the teams.

So, my optimal way of implementing Star fighters that seems logical, fun and not too impossible with the current gameplay:
    You have a few seconds (15-30) to decide where you want to spend the ship phase. The teams are then filled up with AI according to the current players. The Inside of the ship phase could work pretty much as it currently does. The Starfighters could shoot at Power couplers and Generator cooling parts from outside the ship that work in unison with the inside targets. This means, they can either be destroyed from the inside OR the outside. As a bonus, the capital ships should be equipped with turrets that can also be attacked by the starfighters. AND the map boundaries should include both capital ships. (Maybe the Hangar shields on the other capital ship can be active/disabled, depending if the other team has already won one ground phase or not.)

I think that way, both groups of players (which are both pretty big, even if DICE states otherwise) would be satisfied without having to depend too much on each other. What do you think? Also asking those who don't care for SF-gameplay.
  • I don’t know about this one.

Fighters would hilarious on Geo and Kashyyyk.
    Confidence born of ignorance

Why, what do you mean by hilarious?

With how open those maps are, fighters would be incredibly strong.

Arguably too strong.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Piett wrote: »
    That's not a bad idea, but yes I'd love to have starfighters available for the ground phase. It would add to the epic large scale of the battle, much like the original Battlefront from 2004 did.

Me too, but that would make it pretty unbalanced. Star fighters can be pretty annoying in GA already (and I am a huge Starfighter fan!!), imagine the frustration when one single starfighter takes out a whole packed Command post and the other team takes it over. Would it fit star wars? Maybe. Would it be fair and fun? Well, let's just say not for everyone in that situation...
    That's not a bad idea, but yes I'd love to have starfighters available for the ground phase. It would add to the epic large scale of the battle, much like the original Battlefront from 2004 did.

Me too, but that would make it pretty unbalanced. Star fighters can be pretty annoying in GA already (and I am a huge Starfighter fan!!), imagine the frustration when one single starfighter takes out a whole packed Command post and the other team takes it over. Would it fit star wars? Maybe. Would it be fair and fun? Well, let's just say not for everyone in that situation...

That's a good point.
  • Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    I think they should have all of the phases, once you capture the command posts, you load into fighters and have to take down the shields, once the shields are down you have to knock out the guns, then you have to protect several transports from enemy fighters, once they are in you transition to the capitol phase and knock out the ship, but you have to knock out the shields and the guns first, if you do that then you don't have to go into the fighters, I think this is a great compromise, we have fighters, but we don't spend to much time in them. I personally love fighters, but if DICE doesn't, then we're screwed...

this would be great, a properly epic escalation of battle

as it is currently, the "Capital" phase has been dumbed down to a nominal effort, feels like a slapped together add-on to the main ground battle
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's

Then they’d have to have quality Anti-Aircraft gun emplacements, and/or vehicles. It’s been done well in previous DICE games.
  • The whole point of CS was to be ground based combat only. They'll never add Star Fighters to it.

This argument makes no sense.

If an opposing SF is taking out your controlled command posts, get in a SF and shoot them down. You have access to a direct counter.
  • CptAmmogeddon
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    PorchWar wrote: »
    This argument makes no sense.

If an opposing SF is taking out your controlled command posts, get in a SF and shoot them down. You have access to a direct counter.

That is true, and it makes sense for GA, but Lonbri_Donge is probably right:
    The whole point of CS was to be ground based combat only.
    And if it would only be available in the second phase, that would be less of an issue.

Though, regarding the strafing runs, I will say that the same could be said about tanks camping command posts.
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    They won't add them. It's pretty clear that DICE, EA and Disney all have an agenda against space battles. So **** them, **** them all.

Oh no, I broke a rule on the forums about swearing. Bollocks, I'm going to get banned now. Oh **** well.

With how open those maps are, fighters would be incredibly strong.

Arguably too strong.

That's why they should only be available in the shop phase, imo
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    They won't add them. It's pretty clear that DICE, EA and Disney all have an agenda against space battles. So ***** them, ***** them all.

Oh no, I broke a rule on the forums about swearing. Bollocks, I'm going to get banned now. Oh ***** well.

Wasn't TLJ one giant Space battle? I don't know, I think DICE just doesn't get the difference between "just a portion of the community cares about Starfighter content" and "we ignored it so much that Noone plays it anymore because of bugs and lack of content"
  • Genin wrote: »
    ...wouldn't it be amazing if, in the second phase, instead of destroy the capital ship from inside (which is getting boring after a while, and also "anachronistic" in a Star wars way, considering the shields of the capital ship) there would be a starfighters battle to destroy it?

Also, they did something similar for the death star dlc in BF2015 (but with 2 space phases) and many players just ignored those space phases and didn't spawn in. That's why I think that wouldn't be a good idea.
  • While I do also want starfighters in Capital Supremacy, the problem is that the majority of players would hat the ground phase because of their presence, as they would more than likely be strafed.

Maybe they could add them to the ship phase, or give starfighters their own separate phase.
  • Genin wrote: »
    ...wouldn't it be amazing if, in the second phase, instead of destroy the capital ship from inside (which is getting boring after a while, and also "anachronistic" in a Star wars way, considering the shields of the capital ship) there would be a starfighters battle to destroy it?

Also, they did something similar for the death star dlc in BF2015 (but with 2 space phases) and many players just ignored those space phases and didn't spawn in. That's why I think that wouldn't be a good idea.

Never happened to me (I played it on ps4). In any case... We must consider also that the gameplay of starfighters in bf 2015 was not so great. I think many people would change their mind on starfighters if they really would try to play it... Even if we are talking about people that wait 15 minutes in the menu to steal an hero or spend all the match sniping with no sense outside of the objective...
    Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    I think they should have all of the phases

I think there is a way to make it fun for both groups of players, those who like SF-Gameplay and those who don't:
    First of all, there should be the option to either
    A: decide at the start of the ship phase if you want to spend the phase in a starfighter (maybe with a minimal of battle points, e.g. 500-1000) outside or as a trooper inside the ship or
    B: similar to the way it works in GA, you can use points during the ship phase to spawn as a starfighter.

Either way, I think there are a few things that should be considered with Star fighters in CS.
    1. Starfighters should only be available during the ship phase. This would mean no Control point strafing runs etc. that could annoy troopers.
    2. The two battles during the ship phase should be both as disconnected and intertwined as possible. This means, the Starfighters shouldn't be a definite necessity to winning the match, but still have a role in destroying the ship.
    3. I think the hangars should be open for Starfighters to fly through. Imo this works well on Kashyyyk without the Troopers being too annoyed, since it is pretty hard to hit anything during that short time of a flyby. Plus, it would only affect the beginning of the ship phase, when the attackers land in the hangar.
    4. There should be a limit for starfighters so that the ship isn't empty. That way it is not too apparent for the troopers inside that there are people missing.
    5. AI-Star fighters and a few AI-troopers could fill up the teams.

So, my optimal way of implementing Star fighters that seems logical, fun and not too impossible with the current gameplay:
    You have a few seconds (15-30) to decide where you want to spend the ship phase. The teams are then filled up with AI according to the current players. The Inside of the ship phase could work pretty much as it currently does. The Starfighters could shoot at Power couplers and Generator cooling parts from outside the ship that work in unison with the inside targets. This means, they can either be destroyed from the inside OR the outside. As a bonus, the capital ships should be equipped with turrets that can also be attacked by the starfighters. AND the map boundaries should include both capital ships. (Maybe the Hangar shields on the other capital ship can be active/disabled, depending if the other team has already won one ground phase or not.)

I think that way, both groups of players (which are both pretty big, even if DICE states otherwise) would be satisfied without having to depend too much on each other. What do you think? Also asking those who don't care for SF-gameplay.

This is what it should been from the beginning
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    They won't add them. It's pretty clear that DICE, EA and Disney all have an agenda against space battles. So ***** them, ***** them all.

Oh no, I broke a rule on the forums about swearing. Bollocks, I'm going to get banned now. Oh ***** well.

Wasn't TLJ one giant Space battle? I don't know, I think DICE just doesn't get the difference between "just a portion of the community cares about Starfighter content" and "we ignored it so much that Noone plays it anymore because of bugs and lack of content"

Don't know, didn't see it.
    All I know, is the amount of content SA could have had and what it actually got, is an insult at best.

Oh you want more content? Here... Have a THIRD Mellenium Falcon...
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    While I do also want starfighters in Capital Supremacy, the problem is that the majority of players would hat the ground phase because of their presence, as they would more than likely be strafed.

Maybe they could add them to the ship phase, or give starfighters their own separate phase.

Exactly my point
  • CptAmmogeddon
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    This is what it should been from the beginning

Thx! And I don't think it is too much to ask. Now we "just" have to make sure DICE get's wind of this and then we can only hope they don't treat us as some "portion of the community", as they did a long time with singleplayer fans.

Oh, and speaking of way too late but new and pretty good offline content: Starfighters for Instant Action? Please, DICE?
  • Defeats the entire purpose of the mode. You're basically just saying add Starfighter Assault to Capital Supremacy. Just go play SA. It's a no from me.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • polarition wrote: »
    Defeats the entire purpose of the mode. You're basically just saying add Starfighter Assault to Capital Supremacy. Just go play SA. It's a no from me.

Except Starfighter Assault hasn’t received new maps in nearly two years, making it very stale.

Capital Supremacy is one of the modes that’s constantly being updated, so they should at least add some new features that bring something for everyone.
    polarition wrote: »
    Defeats the entire purpose of the mode. You're basically just saying add Starfighter Assault to Capital Supremacy. Just go play SA. It's a no from me.

Except Starfighter Assault hasn’t received new maps in nearly two years, making it very stale.

Capital Supremacy is one of the modes that’s constantly being updated, so they should at least add some new features that bring something for everyone.

They're not updating Starfighter Assault for a reason. You can't just trick the developers by saying "Oh look! This isn't SA it's actually CS!" lol. You're just asking for more Starfighter Assault maps disguised as CS, and it's just disruptive.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • The whole point of CS was to be ground based combat only. They'll never add Star Fighters to it.

lol isn't the whole point to destroy the enemy Capital ship? you can't do that from the ground...
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's

lol isn't the whole point to destroy the enemy Capital ship? you can't do that from the ground...

Agreed, this man got it
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

I know right... And a poll thread done in this forum doesn't even have it as the most popular game mode 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4928 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    killerzf7 wrote: »

I know right... And a poll thread done in this forum doesn't even have it as the most popular game mode 🤷🏼‍♂️

What poll thread? It was the most popular mode several months ago in the official poll. Or am I mistaken?

What poll thread? It was the most popular mode several months ago in the official poll. Or am I mistaken?

It was on the forums, someone asked everyone to list their most played game modes. CS was barely mentioned in top 3.

It was on the forums, someone asked everyone to list their most played game modes. CS was barely mentioned in top 3.

Haters will say Official EA Forums are not the only representation of the player base
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    I think they should have all of the phases, once you capture the command posts, you load into fighters and have to take down the shields, once the shields are down you have to knock out the guns, then you have to protect several transports from enemy fighters, once they are in you transition to the capitol phase and knock out the ship, but you have to knock out the shields and the guns first, if you do that then you don't have to go into the fighters, I think this is a great compromise, we have fighters, but we don't spend to much time in them. I personally love fighters, but if DICE doesn't, then we're screwed...

This i brilliant !
    Dice please !!!!

They're not updating Starfighter Assault for a reason. You can't just trick the developers by saying "Oh look! This isn't SA it's actually CS!" lol. You're just asking for more Starfighter Assault maps disguised as CS, and it's just disruptive.

That's not what we are trying to do. It's just that capital Supremacy has the potential of reviving the old Battlefront Gameplay, and in that game we had all out warfare with everything from troopers over tanks to starfighters. And adding SFs to CS would bring that feeling back even more. Plus, it just makes sense for the concept of CS, so why not?

That's exactly what you're trying to do, lol. You guys specifically outlined the second phase of being exactly what SF assault is (where you're in a sf and you attack targets on a large object to take it down). And, no it doesn't make sense for the concept. Why would there even need to be a ground phase if all you had to do was go in a ship and attack it from the outside? What even would be the reasoning for landing your ship and going back to the ground phase if you failed in the sky?? CS is fine as it is.

72aob7b857pp.png

That's not what we are trying to do. It's just that capital Supremacy has the potential of reviving the old Battlefront Gameplay, and in that game we had all out warfare with everything from troopers over tanks to starfighters. And adding SFs to CS would bring that feeling back even more. Plus, it just makes sense for the concept of CS, so why not?

That's exactly what you're trying to do, lol. You guys specifically outlined the second phase of being exactly what SF assault is (where you're in a sf and you attack targets on a large object to take it down). And, no it doesn't make sense for the concept. Why would there even need to be a ground phase if all you had to do was go in a ship and attack it from the outside? What even would be the reasoning for landing your ship and going back to the ground phase if you failed in the sky?? CS is fine as it is.

Two thing:
    First, I don't get why you are so aggressively against the idea. The way most of us want it to be wouldn't even affect the ground players, they still would be able to play the phases like they are now.

Second, the concept of "get more command posts so we can pick you up" also doesn't really make sense. With that logic, we SA-players could say: "why would there be a ground phase? To take down capital ships it would make more sense to have a starfighter battle where you can maybe enter the other ship to fight on foot. That's how they do it in star wars"
  • Should add Hero SF’s to HvV to really shake things up.
  • I dont even like starfighters but that would be dope

Two thing:
    First, I don't get why you are so aggressively against the idea. The way most of us want it to be wouldn't even affect the ground players, they still would be able to play the phases like they are now.

Second, the concept of "get more command posts so we can pick you up" also doesn't really make sense. With that logic, we SA-players could say: "why would there be a ground phase? To take down capital ships it would make more sense to have a starfighter battle where you can maybe enter the other ship to fight on foot. That's how they do it in star wars"

First, saying I'm against someone's idea in a discussion forum isn't aggressive. Secondly, I've explained very clearly why I'm against it lol

72aob7b857pp.png

Two thing:

First, saying I'm against someone's idea in a discussion forum isn't aggressive. Secondly, I've explained very clearly why I'm against it lol

No, that's not the aggressive part, "lol". It's the part where you claim our ideas to be "disruptive" and that we are trying to disguise anything as anything just because you don't agree.
    Obviously it's fine when you are against the idea