criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Palpatine Robes...

Prev1
Zyder
492 posts Member
edited December 2019
Just release in January that badass robes Palpatine has in the movie.

Post edited by Zyder on

Replies

  • Raices
    1503 posts Member
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP
  • bfloo wrote: »
    As big an ST hater as I am, I actually enjoyed it. 7/10

    Well that's enlightening to here at least. :# I'm seeing some trash about it..... but hey, what movie doesn't get trash and bashed you know. Like the PT, the OT fans say "George Lucas ruined my childhood." because of the PT, and people say "The last jedi ruined star wars." The hate all has goes somewhere i guess.
  • Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.
  • Actually good, 9/10
  • Actually good, 9/10

    Well that's good to here. :) There's a thread about the rise of skywalker in the off topic section.
    Though i've read all the comments and they were all negative except like one or two comments.
  • It would be better to have a Map Playlist in the Chronological Order
  • movie was solid for the most part though some stuff in the ending could of been better.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    As big an ST hater as I am, I actually enjoyed it. 7/10

    Well that's enlightening to here at least. :# I'm seeing some trash about it..... but hey, what movie doesn't get trash and bashed you know. Like the PT, the OT fans say "George Lucas ruined my childhood." because of the PT, and people say "The last jedi ruined star wars." The hate all has goes somewhere i guess.

    they were both pretty awful, that's why they got hate
  • Movie was trash. Undermined the 1st 6 movies & rey is the most mary character ever.

    Garbage from start to end. I could have made a better movle myself.

    Att least Leia now will get a Saber in the game, The ***** Kylo will be om ls and Rey will be able to deflect back lightening to Palpatine. HvV is balanced!
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Why do people assume that by bringing Balance to the force Anakin was going to help the Lightside. I've always found this to me misguided.

    Before Anakin there were thousands of Jedi yet only two sith.

    After the order 66 and the Purge by the time of a New Hope there are only two known living Jedi, not counting Luke or Leia.

    Much more balanced
  • Movie was trash. Undermined the 1st 6 movies & rey is the most mary character ever.

    The moment Kylo and Rey were introduced, it did that lmao.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Knights of Ren were a big waste of time. Sad.
  • It was a great movie for what JJ had on the plate. Thought he did a great job.

    The end Palpatine scenes were beautiful

    It was sad and depressing at parts but in the end uplifting.
  • Rey needs nerfed
  • I enjoyed the new film answered most of all the unanswered questions we had like it explained why rey was so powerful she was a Palpatine so that at least explains why she did everything so well without that much training. It had plenty of action and was great seeing lando back at least they didn't kill him as well which I was worried about. Was a good conclusion and a big improvement from the last jedi
  • imagine Palpatine doing the nasty

    it had to happen, what a concept
  • I enjoyed it myself but my young cousin was freaked out at the end he said that's how evil dies!!
    10/10 excellent film
  • So given this movie here are the gameplay changes I would suggest to Rey, Kylo, and Leia - and also skins
    • Leia deserves Jedi running speed, jumping, and dodging since she was now officially trained as a Jedi while young (would be a great way to buff her) - I'd also replace her squad shield (R1/RT) with a 3 hit lightsaber ability like Commando Droids
    • Rey needs a buff to be up there with the best characters again (dash breaking block and increasing base damage would be a start - further, I think mind trick should immobilize opponents for the first second of its effect - not exactly a freeze, but have them stand there kind of dumbfounded)
    • Kylo needs a small buff (bring his swing speed up to Ani/Luke level and make the last strike of frenzy break block again)
    • Rey needs her Yellow Lightsaber with her new outfit
    • Palp needs the new skin
  • willywonka7
    2174 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    As big an ST hater as I am, I actually enjoyed it. 7/10

    Well that's enlightening to here at least. :# I'm seeing some trash about it..... but hey, what movie doesn't get trash and bashed you know. Like the PT, the OT fans say "George Lucas ruined my childhood." because of the PT, and people say "The last jedi ruined star wars." The hate all has goes somewhere i guess.

    Please I question your judgement and understanding of what Star Wars is and what the first 6 setup.

    9 is obviously a Dumpster fire!
  • It was a great movie for what JJ had on the plate. Thought he did a great job.

    The end Palpatine scenes were beautiful

    It was sad and depressing at parts but in the end uplifting.

    Wish they had the laugh button still!
  • Corndog75 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the movie, thought it was well written and delivered. Great to see Lando back again. It will never please everyone true. But to call it trash is harsh IMO.

    Well written.....
    aaq431foa529.gif



    Man you've got exceedingly low standards for well written!
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    I have a crazy theory, what does balance mean? It means two things used equally. To bring balance to the force you would need to be able to balance both sides of the force, light and dark. That's what Windu did. I think the new movie is terrible, Anakin was the best chosen one, he was light side, then dark side. He balanced the force.
    Yeah, you know who I am...
  • Anyone that likes Episode 9 obviously know very little about Star Wars!


    ....and is easily appeased with good visuals, terrible storytelling, and the same story copied over and over again and slightly modified.
  • Raices wrote: »
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP

    Best way I’ve heard it put, it was entertaining and far better that the 1st 2 imo. Had it moments. As a SW movie that ties in to previous movie it’s pretty bad though, bad writing and doesn’t make a lot of sense, lots of holes.., also relied on fan service to much imo.

    I enjoyed the film like I enjoy a transformers movie, or a stand-alone movie like Shazam, it’s a fun movie but forgettable. As an end to a long series it’s pretty weak and mostly a copy paste down to exact quotes and locations. Fan service more than anything.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2923 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.



    Guess that depends on what you wanna believe, the creator of the entire series George Lucas, or Disney, Iger, fan fiction and investors.
  • Considering this thread has mainly been discussion about the movie I've moved it to off topic.
  • Reasons why anyone that thinks Episode 9 has good story knows nothing about Star Wars!

    1. Episodes 1-6 are a redemption ARC for Anakin. Anakin, a Jedi, succumbs to the darkside after having lost his mother. He has a chance to end the sith in Episode 3 but doesn't and instead joins the sith. He suffers as vader for next several episodes from having lost the only two remaining people he cares abou. Obiwan who he believes betrayed him and Padme who basically dies because she lost the most important person she cared about to the darkside himself. Her heart and will gives up because it's been broken so bad. Her husband and lover succumbs to the think she was ultimately trying to stop.

    Anakin also only wanted to join the darkside because he wanted to prevent the people he loved from dying but was unable to do so.

    Anakin suffers as vader(One of the most evil people in the story second only to emperor himself) for the next three episodes. He suffers until he is faced with the same situation all over again. Someone he is suppose to be close to and love being family is about to die. The emperor is now telling him that his family member must die because he won't join them in the darkside.

    Now with Vader here is what I think............ at the end here vader has now seen Obiwan train his son Luke to be a jedi like he used to be. Obiwan has chosen not to strike him down even though they were sworn enemies at that point and a jedi was taught to always seek evil out and destroy it without feeling or emotion on the matter. Example Yoda trying to strike down Dooku his former apprentice. Windu tries to strike down Emperor in Revenge too. Instead vader sees obiwan give up and he strikes him down in anger, but realizes he didn't really kill him. Question mark on vader face as he is searching the robes he doesn't seem to know what happened his former friend now enemy gave up and died, but didn't seem to die like everyone else has. Vader can sense that something super powerful in the force has happened. (Speculation here of course) Maybe vader can sense Obiwan's actions to not strike him down after having seen the good that is his son and that obiwan couldn't strike down his friends dad/his former friend after having seen his son, maybe he can't sense it, but still.....

    Vader and luke meet multiple times and vader has to know that someone is teaching Luke the ways of the force.....probably obiwan. Even still luke and vader meet on Bespin and vader finds out that Obiwan has been telling luke the good part of Anakin's past and that vader really isn't his father.

    Vader and luke meet again and he see's Luke has progressed even farther with his jedi skills in Return of the Jedi.....someone is teaching him. Maybe Obiwan from beyond the grave as he did die a mysterious death. Hasn't really happened to anyone until Obiwan too. I don't think they know yoda exists because the empire never really acknowledges yoda in any movie.

    Either way at the end vader has experienced all of this. He has seen that Luke also isn't going to strike down his father or the emperor, maybe this is what Obiwan has taught him and he starts connects all the dots. Luke won't join them like he had done and won't strike them down just like Obiwan did. Vader sees that someone else in his family is about to die now.....his son at the hands of the emperor. The person that claimed he could help stop his family from dying is now killing his family. Vader picks up sidious and throws him in the reactor killing him. This is where the story ends!

    Anakin has basically fullfilled the prophecy because all the jedi and sith are basically gone and he is about to die too only leaving luke who has found a balance in the force per say because he isn't a true or typically jedi as he has succumbed to the darkside a little when trying to beat his dad, but also didn't strike down evil or the sith like other jedi before him have. Luke is really the Grey jedi or the balance in the force. Also if you do include the new trilogy the last jedi basically shows that luke has given up on the jedi code so another reason why he is the Grey Jedi. Grey jedi is a more current term to describe a jedi that has balance in the force both good and bad.




    2. New Trilogy is all over the place, steps, all over the rules of the jedi and the universe numerous times and so on. But most importantly the most important message is discarded in this HORRID trilogy, "Family is most important above all else and you should never give into destroying or discarding your own family and friends for other things". Even if people in your family you feel are evil and corrupted. They can always be redeemed and saved. Vader proves that. But with Rey and Sidious that's a joke now, which is main reason this whole trilogy is a joke.

    The ultimate end goal of sequel trilogy is that everything the previous trilogy said isn't right and you should kill your family if they have become corrupted rather. And that it takes zero skill or effort to become super powerful and that you shouldn't trust any form of government or control because they will all fail you. It's a complete joke!


  • Ppong_Man12
    2923 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Reasons why anyone that thinks Episode 9 has good story knows nothing about Star Wars!

    1. Episodes 1-6 are a redemption ARC for Anakin. Anakin, a Jedi, succumbs to the darkside after having lost his mother. He has a chance to end the sith in Episode 3 but doesn't and instead joins the sith. He suffers as vader for next several episodes from having lost the only two remaining people he cares abou. Obiwan who he believes betrayed him and Padme who basically dies because she lost the most important person she cared about to the darkside himself. Her heart and will gives up because it's been broken so bad. Her husband and lover succumbs to the think she was ultimately trying to stop.

    Anakin also only wanted to join the darkside because he wanted to prevent the people he loved from dying but was unable to do so.

    Anakin suffers as vader(One of the most evil people in the story second only to emperor himself) for the next three episodes. He suffers until he is faced with the same situation all over again. Someone he is suppose to be close to and love being family is about to die. The emperor is now telling him that his family member must die because he won't join them in the darkside.

    Now with Vader here is what I think............ at the end here vader has now seen Obiwan train his son Luke to be a jedi like he used to be. Obiwan has chosen not to strike him down even though they were sworn enemies at that point and a jedi was taught to always seek evil out and destroy it without feeling or emotion on the matter. Example Yoda trying to strike down Dooku his former apprentice. Windu tries to strike down Emperor in Revenge too. Instead vader sees obiwan give up and he strikes him down in anger, but realizes he didn't really kill him. Question mark on vader face as he is searching the robes he doesn't seem to know what happened his former friend now enemy gave up and died, but didn't seem to die like everyone else has. Vader can sense that something super powerful in the force has happened. (Speculation here of course) Maybe vader can sense Obiwan's actions to not strike him down after having seen the good that is his son and that obiwan couldn't strike down his friends dad/his former friend after having seen his son, maybe he can't sense it, but still.....

    Vader and luke meet multiple times and vader has to know that someone is teaching Luke the ways of the force.....probably obiwan. Even still luke and vader meet on Bespin and vader finds out that Obiwan has been telling luke the good part of Anakin's past and that vader really isn't his father.

    Vader and luke meet again and he see's Luke has progressed even farther with his jedi skills in Return of the Jedi.....someone is teaching him. Maybe Obiwan from beyond the grave as he did die a mysterious death. Hasn't really happened to anyone until Obiwan too. I don't think they know yoda exists because the empire never really acknowledges yoda in any movie.

    Either way at the end vader has experienced all of this. He has seen that Luke also isn't going to strike down his father or the emperor, maybe this is what Obiwan has taught him and he starts connects all the dots. Luke won't join them like he had done and won't strike them down just like Obiwan did. Vader sees that someone else in his family is about to die now.....his son at the hands of the emperor. The person that claimed he could help stop his family from dying is now killing his family. Vader picks up sidious and throws him in the reactor killing him. This is where the story ends!

    Anakin has basically fullfilled the prophecy because all the jedi and sith are basically gone and he is about to die too only leaving luke who has found a balance in the force per say because he isn't a true or typically jedi as he has succumbed to the darkside a little when trying to beat his dad, but also didn't strike down evil or the sith like other jedi before him have. Luke is really the Grey jedi or the balance in the force. Also if you do include the new trilogy the last jedi basically shows that luke has given up on the jedi code so another reason why he is the Grey Jedi. Grey jedi is a more current term to describe a jedi that has balance in the force both good and bad.




    2. New Trilogy is all over the place, steps, all over the rules of the jedi and the universe numerous times and so on. But most importantly the most important message is discarded in this HORRID trilogy, "Family is most important above all else and you should never give into destroying or discarding your own family and friends for other things". Even if people in your family you feel are evil and corrupted. They can always be redeemed and saved. Vader proves that. But with Rey and Sidious that's a joke now, which is main reason this whole trilogy is a joke.

    The ultimate end goal of sequel trilogy is that everything the previous trilogy said isn't right and you should kill your family if they have become corrupted rather. And that it takes zero skill or effort to become super powerful and that you shouldn't trust any form of government or control because they will all fail you. It's a complete joke!


    Well put as usual sir.
  • Have seen it on the 18th December, I just loved all of it! They did a great/awesome job 9/10 <3
    Star-Wars fan since 1999 & Member of the PC Master Race.
  • Reasons why anyone that thinks Episode 9 has good story knows nothing about Star Wars!

    1. Episodes 1-6 are a redemption ARC for Anakin. Anakin, a Jedi, succumbs to the darkside after having lost his mother. He has a chance to end the sith in Episode 3 but doesn't and instead joins the sith. He suffers as vader for next several episodes from having lost the only two remaining people he cares abou. Obiwan who he believes betrayed him and Padme who basically dies because she lost the most important person she cared about to the darkside himself. Her heart and will gives up because it's been broken so bad. Her husband and lover succumbs to the think she was ultimately trying to stop.

    Anakin also only wanted to join the darkside because he wanted to prevent the people he loved from dying but was unable to do so.

    Anakin suffers as vader(One of the most evil people in the story second only to emperor himself) for the next three episodes. He suffers until he is faced with the same situation all over again. Someone he is suppose to be close to and love being family is about to die. The emperor is now telling him that his family member must die because he won't join them in the darkside.

    Now with Vader here is what I think............ at the end here vader has now seen Obiwan train his son Luke to be a jedi like he used to be. Obiwan has chosen not to strike him down even though they were sworn enemies at that point and a jedi was taught to always seek evil out and destroy it without feeling or emotion on the matter. Example Yoda trying to strike down Dooku his former apprentice. Windu tries to strike down Emperor in Revenge too. Instead vader sees obiwan give up and he strikes him down in anger, but realizes he didn't really kill him. Question mark on vader face as he is searching the robes he doesn't seem to know what happened his former friend now enemy gave up and died, but didn't seem to die like everyone else has. Vader can sense that something super powerful in the force has happened. (Speculation here of course) Maybe vader can sense Obiwan's actions to not strike him down after having seen the good that is his son and that obiwan couldn't strike down his friends dad/his former friend after having seen his son, maybe he can't sense it, but still.....

    Vader and luke meet multiple times and vader has to know that someone is teaching Luke the ways of the force.....probably obiwan. Even still luke and vader meet on Bespin and vader finds out that Obiwan has been telling luke the good part of Anakin's past and that vader really isn't his father.

    Vader and luke meet again and he see's Luke has progressed even farther with his jedi skills in Return of the Jedi.....someone is teaching him. Maybe Obiwan from beyond the grave as he did die a mysterious death. Hasn't really happened to anyone until Obiwan too. I don't think they know yoda exists because the empire never really acknowledges yoda in any movie.

    Either way at the end vader has experienced all of this. He has seen that Luke also isn't going to strike down his father or the emperor, maybe this is what Obiwan has taught him and he starts connects all the dots. Luke won't join them like he had done and won't strike them down just like Obiwan did. Vader sees that someone else in his family is about to die now.....his son at the hands of the emperor. The person that claimed he could help stop his family from dying is now killing his family. Vader picks up sidious and throws him in the reactor killing him. This is where the story ends!

    Anakin has basically fullfilled the prophecy because all the jedi and sith are basically gone and he is about to die too only leaving luke who has found a balance in the force per say because he isn't a true or typically jedi as he has succumbed to the darkside a little when trying to beat his dad, but also didn't strike down evil or the sith like other jedi before him have. Luke is really the Grey jedi or the balance in the force. Also if you do include the new trilogy the last jedi basically shows that luke has given up on the jedi code so another reason why he is the Grey Jedi. Grey jedi is a more current term to describe a jedi that has balance in the force both good and bad.




    2. New Trilogy is all over the place, steps, all over the rules of the jedi and the universe numerous times and so on. But most importantly the most important message is discarded in this HORRID trilogy, "Family is most important above all else and you should never give into destroying or discarding your own family and friends for other things". Even if people in your family you feel are evil and corrupted. They can always be redeemed and saved. Vader proves that. But with Rey and Sidious that's a joke now, which is main reason this whole trilogy is a joke.

    The ultimate end goal of sequel trilogy is that everything the previous trilogy said isn't right and you should kill your family if they have become corrupted rather. And that it takes zero skill or effort to become super powerful and that you shouldn't trust any form of government or control because they will all fail you. It's a complete joke!

    They’re different trilogies and a majority of people who loved Star Wars loved it. Just because it’s not the same as the original series doesn’t make it bad
  • Cadoth
    1209 posts Member
    My thoughts on the movie: the whole Palpatine being still “alive” thing and the sith army made zero sense to me, the ending was super cool but Rey and Kylo kissing was really inappropriate. Overall, I actually enjoyed the movie, the finale left a big smile on my face. 7/10
  • Raices wrote: »
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP

    Best way I’ve heard it put, it was entertaining and far better that the 1st 2 imo. Had it moments. As a SW movie that ties in to previous movie it’s pretty bad though, bad writing and doesn’t make a lot of sense, lots of holes.., also relied on fan service to much imo.

    I enjoyed the film like I enjoy a transformers movie, or a stand-alone movie like Shazam, it’s a fun movie but forgettable. As an end to a long series it’s pretty weak and mostly a copy paste down to exact quotes and locations. Fan service more than anything.

    This best describes my thoughts on it. I found it entertaining, there was some good humor and a fair bit of nostalgia. But, like you said some pretty bad writing and things that didn't make a lot of sense. Also, some things that didn't really get explained properly.

    But, tbh overall I probably preferred this one to the last two, well, definitely The Last Jedi lol.
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak


  • Ppong_Man12
    2923 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Revan72 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP

    Best way I’ve heard it put, it was entertaining and far better that the 1st 2 imo. Had it moments. As a SW movie that ties in to previous movie it’s pretty bad though, bad writing and doesn’t make a lot of sense, lots of holes.., also relied on fan service to much imo.

    I enjoyed the film like I enjoy a transformers movie, or a stand-alone movie like Shazam, it’s a fun movie but forgettable. As an end to a long series it’s pretty weak and mostly a copy paste down to exact quotes and locations. Fan service more than anything.

    This best describes my thoughts on it. I found it entertaining, there was some good humor and a fair bit of nostalgia. But, like you said some pretty bad writing and things that didn't make a lot of sense. Also, some things that didn't really get explained properly.

    But, tbh overall I probably preferred this one to the last two, well, definitely The Last Jedi lol.

    I got a a few buds that could care less about Starwars but semi know what it’s about, they like big movies for fun and what not but have no investment past the movie itself, I feel like this is a move for them, it feels like it’s more for the casual fans/movie goers that aren’t really in to anything much past the movie itself. Like watching a Pearl Harbor movie but not knowing or caring about the history, the how’s or why’s. Impulse movie. I agree it’s still better than the last 2 imo.


    You would think Palpatine would learn not to shoot lighting at sabers after the Mace fight lol. Voldemort style ending:
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    My thoughts on the movie: the whole Palpatine being still “alive” thing and the sith army made zero sense to me, the ending was super cool but Rey and Kylo kissing was really inappropriate. Overall, I actually enjoyed the movie, the finale left a big smile on my face. 7/10

    Rey and Kylo kissing was inappropriate?!? Maybe you're talking more about the part where the two ******* resistance women make out. Now that was uncalled for, unnecessary and shoved down peoples throats and just say deal with it.
  • The movie was not good... but definitely not as bad as The Last Jedi. The damage control from The Last Jedi was all over the place to the point I could not tell where damage control ended and intended plotlines began. They toned down the incredibly awkward comedy from the last movie. Rose (fortunately) was barely there. They went so over the top with the reach of the Force it because ridiculous. Some points that bothered me.
    • The Force: Things go so extreme that some of the stuff that happens makes the other 6 movies (and shows) look like child's play. Force healing lethal wounds like it's nothing at all like Rey healing Kylo's lightsaber stab and Kylo reviving Rey. Rey and Kylo having a lightsaber fight in the Destroyer without being in presense of one another. Palpatine disabling THE ENTIRE rebel fleet with his lightning. Taking the life force of Kylo and Rey to gain his full form? It's too much. I start to wonder why Palpatine never healed some of Vader's wounds, Luke with his chopped hand, etc.
    • Palpatine: They might have said it was their idea all along. I don't buy it. He is damage control after Darth Johnson ***** all over Snoke and tossed him in the trash. It ended up accomplishing exactly what people feared: undermining Vader's redemption and sacrifice. I've seen so many discussion regarding if Anakin or Rey is the chosen one. The only explanation for him being alive was "The Dark Side is a path to many abilities". That's it, no explanation at all. Silly me expecting back when TFA came out that they would eventually explain how Maz got ahold of Luke's (Anakin's) lightsaber. Ridiculous display of power only to die to deflected lightning. Seems that in all of his wisdom he didn't learn anything from his fight against Windu. The villain for the ST should have been Snoke all along. I can't really blame J.J. Abrams for this. They were left with only one movie to go and no main villain. At this point, it was too late to introduce someone new. It was doomed to fail.
    • Rey: Extremely OP to the point of no tension. There's nothing she can't do. She went from 90 to over 9000 from TLJ to here. I guess Leia was a great master. Which brings me to:
    • Grand Master Leia: OK. I understand that Carrie Fisher passed away and it's hard to write a story around that with such an important character. But there was absolutely NO build up or hint that she was a Jedi at all. All we got was her going full Mary Poppins in space in TLJ, that's IT. She is a Skywalker, I understand but if this was the idea, why not set it up from the very beginning in TFA? I can buy her becoming a Jedi in the 30-year span between VI and VII but her suddenly being a master and training Rey felt jarring and forced. Did she have any part in the rebuild of the Jedi order? It would be logical that she would given how there were no Jedi anymore, but Luke never mentions anything in TLJ, especially since her son destroys it.
    • General Hux: I really feel sorry for Domhnall Gleeson. His character's ridicule comes full circle in this one.
    • Kylo Ren: Most consistent character in the whole ST. His conflict was there all along and present in all three movies. Would have liked to have seen what was the catalyst for his turn prior to TFA. Leia pins it on Snoke but that's all we know. As for his part in TROS I was disappointed in his part at the end. It feels like after he's "redeemed" he takes a back seat.
    • Knights of Ren: Disappointing, generic. They should have been developed across the three movies.

    The main problem here was the lack of a roadmap from Disney's part. The clearly had no clue were they would be going after TFA or else TLJ would've never happened. TFA was too similar to ANH but I liked it quite a bit because I liked what it set up. Besides, it was good to go back to what made the originals so good after the sour taste the prequels had left. And it was a good introduction to our new characters. Unfortunately, it went nowhere.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    For a long time, actually Vader was never the chosen one, that only came about in the early 2000's, mostly leading up to Revenge of the Sith. Luke was always seen as the hero in the 80's and 90's, thus why he became so important in the EU books and comics. In fact even the EU started to expand on Lucas' decision and said not only was Anakin the chosen one, he was actually a Sith'ari, like Darth Bane (Sith version of the Chosen One), as well as a Chosen Jedi. it was said the Jedi didn't understand their prophecy, that bringing balance was actually just that; Balance. Sith destroyed the Jedi and thus in turn the Jedi Destroyed the Sith. Thats actually what I subscribe to, as I never understood how Mace Windu talked about Destroying the SIth as "Balance". If the Sith or Dark Jedi are permanently gone, then isn't the Force techncially "unbalanced"? Balance means equality between light and dark, thus Vader did indeed bring Balance with both his actions in Revenge and Return
  • anidriX wrote: »
    The movie was not good... but definitely not as bad as The Last Jedi. The damage control from The Last Jedi was all over the place to the point I could not tell where damage control ended and intended plotlines began. They toned down the incredibly awkward comedy from the last movie. Rose (fortunately) was barely there. They went so over the top with the reach of the Force it because ridiculous. Some points that bothered me.
    • The Force: Things go so extreme that some of the stuff that happens makes the other 6 movies (and shows) look like child's play. Force healing lethal wounds like it's nothing at all like Rey healing Kylo's lightsaber stab and Kylo reviving Rey. Rey and Kylo having a lightsaber fight in the Destroyer without being in presense of one another. Palpatine disabling THE ENTIRE rebel fleet with his lightning. Taking the life force of Kylo and Rey to gain his full form? It's too much. I start to wonder why Palpatine never healed some of Vader's wounds, Luke with his chopped hand, etc.
    • Palpatine: They might have said it was their idea all along. I don't buy it. He is damage control after Darth Johnson ***** all over Snoke and tossed him in the trash. It ended up accomplishing exactly what people feared: undermining Vader's redemption and sacrifice. I've seen so many discussion regarding if Anakin or Rey is the chosen one. The only explanation for him being alive was "The Dark Side is a path to many abilities". That's it, no explanation at all. Silly me expecting back when TFA came out that they would eventually explain how Maz got ahold of Luke's (Anakin's) lightsaber. Ridiculous display of power only to die to deflected lightning. Seems that in all of his wisdom he didn't learn anything from his fight against Windu. The villain for the ST should have been Snoke all along. I can't really blame J.J. Abrams for this. They were left with only one movie to go and no main villain. At this point, it was too late to introduce someone new. It was doomed to fail.
    • Rey: Extremely OP to the point of no tension. There's nothing she can't do. She went from 90 to over 9000 from TLJ to here. I guess Leia was a great master. Which brings me to:
    • Grand Master Leia: OK. I understand that Carrie Fisher passed away and it's hard to write a story around that with such an important character. But there was absolutely NO build up or hint that she was a Jedi at all. All we got was her going full Mary Poppins in space in TLJ, that's IT. She is a Skywalker, I understand but if this was the idea, why not set it up from the very beginning in TFA? I can buy her becoming a Jedi in the 30-year span between VI and VII but her suddenly being a master and training Rey felt jarring and forced. Did she have any part in the rebuild of the Jedi order? It would be logical that she would given how there were no Jedi anymore, but Luke never mentions anything in TLJ, especially since her son destroys it.
    • General Hux: I really feel sorry for Domhnall Gleeson. His character's ridicule comes full circle in this one.
    • Kylo Ren: Most consistent character in the whole ST. His conflict was there all along and present in all three movies. Would have liked to have seen what was the catalyst for his turn prior to TFA. Leia pins it on Snoke but that's all we know. As for his part in TROS I was disappointed in his part at the end. It feels like after he's "redeemed" he takes a back seat.
    • Knights of Ren: Disappointing, generic. They should have been developed across the three movies.

    The main problem here was the lack of a roadmap from Disney's part. The clearly had no clue were they would be going after TFA or else TLJ would've never happened. TFA was too similar to ANH but I liked it quite a bit because I liked what it set up. Besides, it was good to go back to what made the originals so good after the sour taste the prequels had left. And it was a good introduction to our new characters. Unfortunately, it went nowhere.

    Yeah i agree with all that you say.... i mean i liked it, though i felt a little confused and uncomfortable on some things, like..... *
    The two resistance women making out definitely felt forced and uncalled for and unneeded, like i want to watch star wars without ulterior motives and political views in it, let star wars be, star wars for me is a good way to escape reality.... and seeing that "kiss" just put me back into reality and totally killed it for me, now who knows, we'll probably gonna be seeing another so called "kiss" in the Mandalorian show i'll bet, how can i watch star wars anymore, anything i want to watch now will be all over the place with our real world politics involved in it. Now with that shoved down mine and many others throats i'll never look at star wars the same, and JJ stating that he looks forward to adding more **** *** characters in star wars, well i'm definitely not, and i hope if there's another trilogy that i don't have to see that.

    I have spoken.
  • Darth_Ruin_0
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    7k2fdb0kwsuo.jpeg
    ex2b9wupo92t.jpeg
    6nya3r06lqq1.jpeg
    0tn90mkbboeb.jpeg
    Zyder wrote: »
    Just release in January that badass robes Palpatine has in the movie.

  • 7k2fdb0kwsuo.jpeg
    ex2b9wupo92t.jpeg
    6nya3r06lqq1.jpeg
    0tn90mkbboeb.jpeg
    Zyder wrote: »
    Just release in January that badass robes Palpatine has in the movie.

    Yeah i hope they do. That would be an epic skin!
  • Cadoth
    1209 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    My thoughts on the movie: the whole Palpatine being still “alive” thing and the sith army made zero sense to me, the ending was super cool but Rey and Kylo kissing was really inappropriate. Overall, I actually enjoyed the movie, the finale left a big smile on my face. 7/10

    Rey and Kylo kissing was inappropriate?!? Maybe you're talking more about the part where the two ******* resistance women make out. Now that was uncalled for, unnecessary and shoved down peoples throats and just say deal with it.

    Lol I actually didn’t notice that, btw with “inappropriate” I meant that it made no sense to me, like why did they have to kiss? Just why?!
    Post edited by Cadoth on
  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    Re: the chosen one stuff, I feared for it going in. But hearing Palpatine say 'kill me and the Sith will be reborn', effectively saying they still dont exist anymore even with him there, and Anakins voice saying 'balance the force, as I did'....felt like they were acknowledging Anakin for what he did and his redemption. I still see him as the Chosen One
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    My thoughts on the movie: the whole Palpatine being still “alive” thing and the sith army made zero sense to me, the ending was super cool but Rey and Kylo kissing was really inappropriate. Overall, I actually enjoyed the movie, the finale left a big smile on my face. 7/10

    Rey and Kylo kissing was inappropriate?!? Maybe you're talking more about the part where the two ******* resistance women make out. Now that was uncalled for, unnecessary and shoved down peoples throats and just say deal with it.

    Lol I actually didn’t noticed that, btw with “inappropriate” I meant that it made no sense to me, like why did they have to kiss? Just why?!

    Yeah i thought it was a little awkward. Yeah the Scene is somewhat hidden but is actually pretty noticable with the two resistance women.
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    Snoke is just a clone or something like that, why not just create an army full of snokes to destroy the resistance, geez! What a dumb idea, lol
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Snoke is just a clone or something like that, why not just create an army full of snokes to destroy the resistance, geez! What a dumb idea, lol

    That was damage control. Snoke was set up to be the main villain in TFA but TLJ went a totally different way. At that point, there wasn't much they could do but bring Palpatine back which was bound not to work anyways. They needed someone we could at least care about and there was no time to introduce someone new. What TLJ did to TFA, TROS did to TLJ. It's a trilogy that's in conflict with itself, damaged. The lack of a roadmap is what brought us here. The full story should've been cooked before TFA came out, they had the time.
  • R3volucion
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    @Willywonka and @anidriX did a great job on exposing all the plotholes this movie has.

    Bringing Palpatine back, and not providing any sort of explanation as to how he survived his fall in the reactor shaft or incineration from DS2 explosion, just copy-paste a line from RotS "the darkside = unnatural abilities" is the most disgraceful example of lazy writing. His last death, also a copy-paste moment. Sigh.

    There's no lore reason why he should be able to come back. Darth Plagueis was able to save others, not himself. When did Sheev acquire the power of self revival?

    I'm assuming they will try to provide some "fill-in the gaps" stories in other Star Wars media, like tv shows or books, that would clarify the lore issues put forward by this movie!?
    And WHY would he have a grand-daughter? WHY would a sithlord, over a hundred years of age, would ever be interested in intercourse???

    This has been the final straw. Henceforth I'm among those who consider the Skywalker saga to have ended with Return of the Jedi. The sequel trilogy is just a nightmare that should belong to legends, not official canon.
  • Beginning was great. Ending was not that great. Best ST movie but all in all still not a great movie.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • I enjoyed it but Endgame did that ending better lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!