criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Palpatine Robes...

2Next

Replies

  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but Endgame did that ending better lol

    That's because Endgame was the culmination of a storyline that spanned over 20 movies. That's 20 movies of build up and caring about the characters and development. Thanos had been teased since the end credits scene in The Avengers. It's pretty funny because Return of the Jedi did this as well in 3 movies.
    Saying that we don't care about Palpatine in TROS would be lying, but it doesn't work because the movie doesn't give us a valid reason as to why he is alive. And that is only speaking about his presense. How his death was handle was pretty bad. This movie had no chance.

    There's some enjoyment to be found though. Nostalgia is pretty strong with this movie and the soundtrack is very on point. The Jedi voices scene was really good. It's clear they had some good ideas, but their hands were tied (by their own doing). TLJ broke this trilogy beyond repair.
  • rollind24
    5962 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    anidriX wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but Endgame did that ending better lol

    That's because Endgame was the culmination of a storyline that spanned over 20 movies. That's 20 movies of build up and caring about the characters and development. Thanos had been teased since the end credits scene in The Avengers. It's pretty funny because Return of the Jedi did this as well in 3 movies.
    Saying that we don't care about Palpatine in TROS would be lying, but it doesn't work because the movie doesn't give us a valid reason as to why he is alive. And that is only speaking about his presense. How his death was handle was pretty bad. This movie had no chance.

    There's some enjoyment to be found though. Nostalgia is pretty strong with this movie and the soundtrack is very on point. The Jedi voices scene was really good. It's clear they had some good ideas, but their hands were tied (by their own doing). TLJ broke this trilogy beyond repair.

    No I really did enjoy it, I’m just saying there the final battle had a lot of similarities to the final battle of Endgame, nothing to do with a culmination.

    As I was watching it though I was thinking how I could probably just skip TLJ and ROS would still make sense mostly if I watched it right after TFA.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Raices wrote: »
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP

    Well actually she was the dead opposite of that, J.J. Abrams showed her with huge vulnerability. She lost the Mary Sue status.
    1.) her failure blocking the lightsaber remote, a lot
    2.) her failure to safely stop the shuttle, lack of control (due to a dark side force power, driven by hate, that she was unaware she had)
    3.) the inability (like The Last Jedi) to stop a powerful darksider by herself
    4.) her phased reaction when Kylo destroyed the holocron
    5.) her phased reaction because she loved Ben Solo when he continued to refuse coming to the light
    6.) her helplessness to prevent Kylo from being mega force pushed by crippled, old zombie Palpatine (Darth Sidious)
    7.) her inability to save Kylo's life a second time
    8.) her inabilty to help the massive fleet being whipped out while she looks on
    9.) she dies (nuff said)


    Why I'm sure you said she was OP.

    1.) True she does do mega jumps but so does Kylo.
    2.) Her stoping the shuttle from moving with force pull. Kylo was fighting her very well using force push. In fact he started to win so much so that it enraged her. This brought out the force lightning. Yes she briefly uses force lightning in her rage but DUH she's a Palpatine.
    3.) She does force push as Kylo does a lightsaber attack and force push and he cant move it forward. But he does the same thing to her.
    4.) Also the only reason why she defeated Sidious is because she had every jedi that ever lived inside of her to help. Aaaaand Sidious had every Sith that ever lived inside of him. So the ultimate showdown between the Sith and the Jedi in the dramatic finalie.
    R3volucion wrote: »
    @Willywonka and @anidriX did a great job on exposing all the plotholes this movie has.

    Bringing Palpatine back, and not providing any sort of explanation as to how he survived his fall in the reactor shaft or incineration from DS2 explosion, just copy-paste a line from RotS "the darkside = unnatural abilities" is the most disgraceful example of lazy writing. His last death, also a copy-paste moment. Sigh.

    There's no lore reason why he should be able to come back. Darth Plagueis was able to save others, not himself. When did Sheev acquire the power of self revival?

    I'm assuming they will try to provide some "fill-in the gaps" stories in other Star Wars media, like tv shows or books, that would clarify the lore issues put forward by this movie!?
    And WHY would he have a grand-daughter? WHY would a sithlord, over a hundred years of age, would ever be interested in intercourse???

    This has been the final straw. Henceforth I'm among those who consider the Skywalker saga to have ended with Return of the Jedi. The sequel trilogy is just a nightmare that should belong to legends, not official canon.

    I just realized this morning that actually they did explain how Palpatine escaped the shaft. What happened down near the bottom is shrouded in mystery but we have enough clues to piece it together. Lets use our Sherlock Holmes skills shall we.
    Alright so...
    Clues:
    1.) Palpatine is blind
    2.) Palpatine is crippled
    3.) Palpatine is mangled
    4.) Palpatine is alive
    5.) Palpatine used force lightning as he fell (from "Return of the Jedi")
    6.) Ever Sith that ever lived lives inside of Palpatine.

    Answer:
    1.) When Palpatine fell down the shaft he used force push to slow his decent.
    2.) In his rage as he fell he could not stop using force lightning. I have no doubt the lightning triggered an explosion. Palpatine put a force bubble around his body but it was to late, parts of him were blown off. But he saved his life just barely.
    3.) However, in the in turn the flash made him blind. This unexpected problem caused him to underestimate the location of the floor even though he had slowed his decent. Though he managed to land alive he permanently shattered his legs paralyzing his gnarled, mangled body.
    4.) Though very near death, he invokes every Sith that ever lived to reside inside of himself to give him the strength to escape.
    5.) He crawled out of the shaft using force pull to pull his grisly body to a shuttle to escape, narrowly escaping within an inch of his life.


    This guys review on this site is relatively fair. https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/12/21/a-list-of-all-jj-abrams-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-corrections-of-past-movies/#4e1b8b75121c
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Raices wrote: »
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP

    Well actually she was the dead opposite of that, J.J. Abrams showed her with huge vulnerability. She lost the Mary Sue status.
    1.) her failure blocking the lightsaber remote, a lot
    2.) her failure to safely stop the shuttle, lack of control (due to a dark side force power, driven by hate, that she was unaware she had)
    3.) the inability (like The Last Jedi) to stop a powerful darksider by herself
    4.) her phased reaction when Kylo destroyed the holocron
    5.) her phased reaction because she loved Ben Solo when he continued to refuse coming to the light
    6.) her helplessness to prevent Kylo from being mega force pushed by crippled, old zombie Palpatine (Darth Sidious)
    7.) her inability to save Kylo's life a second time
    8.) her inabilty to help the massive fleet being whipped out while she looks on
    9.) she dies (nuff said)


    Why I'm sure you said she was OP.

    1.) True she does do mega jumps but so does Kylo.
    2.) Her stoping the shuttle from moving with force pull. Kylo was fighting her very well using force push. In fact he started to win so much so that it enraged her. This brought out the force lightning. Yes she briefly uses force lightning in her rage but DUH she's a Palpatine.
    3.) She does force push as Kylo does a lightsaber attack and force push and he cant move it forward. But he does the same thing to her.
    4.) Also the only reason why she defeated Sidious is because she had every jedi that ever lived inside of her to help. Aaaaand Sidious had every Sith that ever lived inside of him. So the ultimate showdown between the Sith and the Jedi in the dramatic finalie.
    R3volucion wrote: »
    @Willywonka and @anidriX did a great job on exposing all the plotholes this movie has.

    Bringing Palpatine back, and not providing any sort of explanation as to how he survived his fall in the reactor shaft or incineration from DS2 explosion, just copy-paste a line from RotS "the darkside = unnatural abilities" is the most disgraceful example of lazy writing. His last death, also a copy-paste moment. Sigh.

    There's no lore reason why he should be able to come back. Darth Plagueis was able to save others, not himself. When did Sheev acquire the power of self revival?

    I'm assuming they will try to provide some "fill-in the gaps" stories in other Star Wars media, like tv shows or books, that would clarify the lore issues put forward by this movie!?
    And WHY would he have a grand-daughter? WHY would a sithlord, over a hundred years of age, would ever be interested in intercourse???

    This has been the final straw. Henceforth I'm among those who consider the Skywalker saga to have ended with Return of the Jedi. The sequel trilogy is just a nightmare that should belong to legends, not official canon.

    I just realized this morning that actually they did explain how Palpatine escaped the shaft. What happened down near the bottom is shrouded in mystery but we have enough clues to piece it together. Lets use our Sherlock Holmes skills shall we.
    Alright so...

    Clues:
    1.) Palpatine is blind
    2.) Palpatine is crippled
    3.) Palpatine is mangled
    4.) Palpatine is alive
    5.) Palpatine used force lightning as he fell (from "Return of the Jedi")

    Answer:
    1.) When Palpatine fell down the shaft he used force push to slow his decent.
    2.) In his rage as he feel he could not stop using force lightning. I have no doubt the lightning triggered an explosion. Palpatine put a force bubble around his body but it was to late, parts of him were blown off. But he saved his life barely.
    3.) However, in the in turn the flash made him blind. This unexpected problem caused him to underestimate the location of the floor even though he had slowed his decent. Though he managed to land alive he permanently shattered his legs paralyzing his gnarled, mangled body.
    4.) He crawled out of the shaft using force pull to pull his grisly body to a shuttle to escape, narrowly escaping within an inch of his life.

    Didnt he specifically say he died though?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Didn't he specifically say he died though?

    He obviously had to invoke all the Sith that ever lived while he was lying there on the floor dying, to be able to get himself alive enough to survive.
    So in essence, you'll find that many of the things that the Sith believe are entirely based on ones own point of view (see what I did there?). So to him...he was brought back to life. Thus the dead comment.

    rollind24 wrote: »
    As I was watching it though I was thinking how I could probably just skip TLJ and ROS would still make sense mostly if I watched it right after TFA.

    I freakin loved that because I loathed TLJ.

    R3volucion wrote: »
    And WHY would he have a grand-daughter? WHY would a sithlord, over a hundred years of age, would ever be interested in intercourse???
    imagine Palpatine doing the nasty

    it had to happen, what a concept

    He probably did not physically do it.

    Sheev Palpatine was (around):
    45 years old in episode one [32 BBY]
    55 years old in episode two [22 BBY]
    57 years old in episode three [20 BBY]
    77 years old in episode four [Battle of Yavin]
    79 years old in episode six (when he was tossed down the shaft) [2 ABY]
    99 years old (when his zombie self got incinerated)
    [22 ABY]

    Rey is
    19 years old in episode seven
    19 years old in episode eight
    20 years old in episode nine
    Now Rey is NOT Sheev's daughter, it is his granddaughter. This means her mother's mother or her father's mother was the one Papatine was involved with. Rey was born in 15 ABY. The actress who plays Rey's mom is 26 when Rey is abandon at age 8 (the age of the young actress who played her in TFA [2015]). The actor who plays Rey's step dad is 30. So the event were Palpatine was involved with a woman had to have happened 20 years and 9 months prior. The event would be 9 months prior to 15 ABY. So in 14 ABY Rey was conceived.
    In 14 ABY Sheev Palpatine was 91 years old. Wow, talk about the youthfulness of the patriarchs. So obviously they are more like the Biblical patriarchs then our modern man today. He stayed fertile way longer. My guess is (based on the genetics lab vats) is that it was done likely through a surrogate mother and a petri dish, likely for money. Thus why they were nobodies. Obviously just poor folk wanting to have a child but can't make one on their own. But when they discovered were the seed came from they panicked. They tried to hide her on Jakku and they tried to lead him away but got assassinated.


    Cadoth wrote: »
    - why did they have to kiss? Just why?!
    Um because Kylo and Rey always loved each other and they both saved the others life from death, duh. 🙄
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Re: the chosen one stuff, I feared for it going in. But hearing Palpatine say 'kill me and the Sith will be reborn', effectively saying they still dont exist anymore even with him there, and Anakins voice saying 'balance the force, as I did'....felt like they were acknowledging Anakin for what he did and his redemption. I still see him as the Chosen One

    Yeah i agree. I don't think Rey was ever meant to replace Anakin as the chosen one, because if you think about it...... think of Rey more of as a type of Anakin i guess you could say, like Luke was a type, Anakin most likely wouldn't have turned good without Luke, it's kinda like the same concept.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Movie was trash. Undermined the 1st 6 movies & rey is the most mary character ever.
    Garbage from start to end. I could have made a better movle myself.

    I seriously do not get all the hate on the different sites. I am no force fan but the movie was good.

    Sure it was rushed but you try to cram 2 films into 2 hours and 21 minutes. Thanks again for J.J. having to do that by the way...because a certain someone did not progress the story. We're looking at you Rian.

    All these folks saying it took away from Anakin's sacrifice. Ummmmm, how do you figure.
    (1.) It stopped Luke from being murdered.
    (2.) It permanently blinded and crippled Palpatine (well nearly permanently)
    (3.) It all but hindered Palpatine's plans it took 22 years, for them to come to fruition.
    Don't you think obstructing an enemy for 22 years was a worthy sacrifice? I do.
    Att least Leia now will get a Saber in the game, The ***** Kylo will be om ls and Rey will be able to deflect back lightening to Palpatine. HvV is balanced!
    Lol, that's funny.
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Re: the chosen one stuff, I feared for it going in. But hearing Palpatine say 'kill me and the Sith will be reborn', effectively saying they still dont exist anymore even with him there, and Anakins voice saying 'balance the force, as I did'....felt like they were acknowledging Anakin for what he did and his redemption. I still see him as the Chosen One.
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Yeah i agree. I don't think Rey was ever meant to replace Anakin as the chosen one, because if you think about it...... think of Rey more of as a type of Anakin i guess you could say, like Luke was a type, Anakin most likely wouldn't have turned good without Luke, it's kinda like the same concept.
    Mega agree well thought out. 🤗🏆👍🏼

    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Re: the chosen one stuff, I feared for it going in. But hearing Palpatine say 'kill me and the Sith will be reborn', effectively saying they still dont exist anymore even with him there, and Anakins voice saying 'balance the force, as I did'....felt like they were acknowledging Anakin for what he did and his redemption. I still see him as the Chosen One

    I mean he did bring balance. Balance is equal measure of darkness and light. The Jedi Council thought it meant destroying the sith, but if you look at it that way, the force is unbalanced and one sided. Vader destroyed the Jedi and then he destroyed the Sith (himself and Palpatine) for a number of decades for both. Thus he did in fact bring balance to the force by making one side no stronger than the other and evening them out.
  • Honestly, I didn't mind it. It had some messy bits like no build up to Palpatine,world destroying weapons for the 200th time in a fantasy setting, that hyperspace rapid jump was unnecessary. But my main issue was the pacing, god damn it didn't give you time to absorb anything, it was constantly in motion moving forward all the time and left a lot to be desired. I can't really blame them too much for that as some of it was fixing the ***** stye that was Last Jedi's mistakes. I felt this should have been 4 movies maybe, not a Trilogy.

    I don't think it's as bad as some people are saying. Honestly I would put it on the level of Revenge of the Sith or Force Awakens; it's a fun movie a good movie, but nothing to write home about like the OT.

    It did take A LOT from the EU tho, force powers mostly, so much so I feel Disney should have put a thank you to the now closed LucasArts studio and Dark Horse comics for essentially ripping Palpatine out of Dark Empire. Because without that comic series, this movie damn well wouldn't have happened.
  • Raices wrote: »
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP

    Well actually she was the dead opposite of that, J.J. Abrams showed her with huge vulnerability. She lost the Mary Sue status.
    1.) her failure blocking the lightsaber remote, a lot
    2.) her failure to safely stop the shuttle, lack of control (due to a dark side force power, driven by hate, that she was unaware she had)
    3.) the inability (like The Last Jedi) to stop a powerful darksider by herself
    4.) her phased reaction when Kylo destroyed the holocron
    5.) her phased reaction because she loved Ben Solo when he continued to refuse coming to the light
    6.) her helplessness to prevent Kylo from being mega force pushed by crippled, old zombie Palpatine (Darth Sidious)
    7.) her inability to save Kylo's life a second time
    8.) her inabilty to help the massive fleet being whipped out while she looks on
    9.) she dies (nuff said)


    Why I'm sure you said she was OP.

    1.) True she does do mega jumps but so does Kylo.
    2.) Her stoping the shuttle from moving with force pull. Kylo was fighting her very well using force push. In fact he started to win so much so that it enraged her. This brought out the force lightning. Yes she briefly uses force lightning in her rage but DUH she's a Palpatine.
    3.) She does force push as Kylo does a lightsaber attack and force push and he cant move it forward. But he does the same thing to her.
    4.) Also the only reason why she defeated Sidious is because she had every jedi that ever lived inside of her to help. Aaaaand Sidious had every Sith that ever lived inside of him. So the ultimate showdown between the Sith and the Jedi in the dramatic finalie.
    R3volucion wrote: »
    @Willywonka and @anidriX did a great job on exposing all the plotholes this movie has.

    Bringing Palpatine back, and not providing any sort of explanation as to how he survived his fall in the reactor shaft or incineration from DS2 explosion, just copy-paste a line from RotS "the darkside = unnatural abilities" is the most disgraceful example of lazy writing. His last death, also a copy-paste moment. Sigh.

    There's no lore reason why he should be able to come back. Darth Plagueis was able to save others, not himself. When did Sheev acquire the power of self revival?

    I'm assuming they will try to provide some "fill-in the gaps" stories in other Star Wars media, like tv shows or books, that would clarify the lore issues put forward by this movie!?
    And WHY would he have a grand-daughter? WHY would a sithlord, over a hundred years of age, would ever be interested in intercourse???

    This has been the final straw. Henceforth I'm among those who consider the Skywalker saga to have ended with Return of the Jedi. The sequel trilogy is just a nightmare that should belong to legends, not official canon.

    I just realized this morning that actually they did explain how Palpatine escaped the shaft. What happened down near the bottom is shrouded in mystery but we have enough clues to piece it together. Lets use our Sherlock Holmes skills shall we.
    Alright so...
    Clues:
    1.) Palpatine is blind
    2.) Palpatine is crippled
    3.) Palpatine is mangled
    4.) Palpatine is alive
    5.) Palpatine used force lightning as he fell (from "Return of the Jedi")
    6.) Ever Sith that ever lived lives inside of Palpatine.

    Answer:
    1.) When Palpatine fell down the shaft he used force push to slow his decent.
    2.) In his rage as he fell he could not stop using force lightning. I have no doubt the lightning triggered an explosion. Palpatine put a force bubble around his body but it was to late, parts of him were blown off. But he saved his life just barely.
    3.) However, in the in turn the flash made him blind. This unexpected problem caused him to underestimate the location of the floor even though he had slowed his decent. Though he managed to land alive he permanently shattered his legs paralyzing his gnarled, mangled body.
    4.) Though very near death, he invokes every Sith that ever lived to reside inside of himself to give him the strength to escape.
    5.) He crawled out of the shaft using force pull to pull his grisly body to a shuttle to escape, narrowly escaping within an inch of his life.


    This guys review on this site is relatively fair. https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/12/21/a-list-of-all-jj-abrams-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-corrections-of-past-movies/#4e1b8b75121c

    She lost her Mary Sue status in Last Jedi imo, Snoke was man handling her with the force with no effort. If not for Kylo Ren, should would have been a Mary-6 foot under-Sue. And again she was getting man handled by Palpatine in here,she was also bested in a duel by Kylo Ren in here as well, that along with her being the granddaughter of one of the most powerful sith Lords who ever lived, pretty much makes her being a Mary Sue irrelevant to all but sexist ***** at this point. She might be a bad character but she was barely a Mary Sue for that long.
  • imagine Palpatine doing the nasty

    it had to happen, what a concept

    Who could resist that winning smile
    g04xyne0uchv.jpeg
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • but seriously, think of Palpatine doing the nasty...holy damn, that would be wild
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    "I'm Rey... Rey Mary Sue"
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!
  • I'd give it an 8. I liked it. Not because it's actually good for lore or does anything great to wrap the saga up. Because it was entertaining enough and explained enough of the plot holes from TFA that it serves as an adequate finish to a trilogy that overall never had the saga as a whole in mind from the start.

    The time for worrying about lore and the saga as a whole was back when Starkiller Base fired and took us on a totally rehashed version of the Death Star and A New Hope. I said to myself in the theater, "What is this fan fiction? Do they want to be made fun of?" I couldn't believe how many people praised TFA like "Star Wars was back!" All TFA did was lay a fan fiction foundation for this trilogy, and explained NOTHING. It had very little connection to RotJ, threw a bunch of rehashed concepts at the wall, and then JJ LEFT!! LOL!! He wasn't supposed to be back.

    For all the complaints about Rian, he did what he could with what was left. But he still gave us Empire Strikes Back retreads like an exiled master training the last hope for the jedi, star destroyer fleet led by a monster star destroyer, scoundrel friends then betrays the heroes, walker assault on a cold planet and white planet...sound familiar?

    Once again, TLJ praised by critics when it did just as much nothing for the saga as TFA.

    So I basically just rolled with this general them rather than expect them to all the sudden redeem this whole trilogy and connect the saga in one movie.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    Entertaining movie, liked Kylo but Rey was too OP

    Well actually she was the dead opposite of that, J.J. Abrams showed her with huge vulnerability. She lost the Mary Sue status.
    1.) her failure blocking the lightsaber remote, a lot
    2.) her failure to safely stop the shuttle, lack of control (due to a dark side force power, driven by hate, that she was unaware she had)
    3.) the inability (like The Last Jedi) to stop a powerful darksider by herself
    4.) her phased reaction when Kylo destroyed the holocron
    5.) her phased reaction because she loved Ben Solo when he continued to refuse coming to the light
    6.) her helplessness to prevent Kylo from being mega force pushed by crippled, old zombie Palpatine (Darth Sidious)
    7.) her inability to save Kylo's life a second time
    8.) her inabilty to help the massive fleet being whipped out while she looks on
    9.) she dies (nuff said)


    Why I'm sure you said she was OP.

    1.) True she does do mega jumps but so does Kylo.
    2.) Her stoping the shuttle from moving with force pull. Kylo was fighting her very well using force push. In fact he started to win so much so that it enraged her. This brought out the force lightning. Yes she briefly uses force lightning in her rage but DUH she's a Palpatine.
    3.) She does force push as Kylo does a lightsaber attack and force push and he cant move it forward. But he does the same thing to her.
    4.) Also the only reason why she defeated Sidious is because she had every jedi that ever lived inside of her to help. Aaaaand Sidious had every Sith that ever lived inside of him. So the ultimate showdown between the Sith and the Jedi in the dramatic finalie.
    R3volucion wrote: »
    @Willywonka and @anidriX did a great job on exposing all the plotholes this movie has.

    Bringing Palpatine back, and not providing any sort of explanation as to how he survived his fall in the reactor shaft or incineration from DS2 explosion, just copy-paste a line from RotS "the darkside = unnatural abilities" is the most disgraceful example of lazy writing. His last death, also a copy-paste moment. Sigh.

    There's no lore reason why he should be able to come back. Darth Plagueis was able to save others, not himself. When did Sheev acquire the power of self revival?

    I'm assuming they will try to provide some "fill-in the gaps" stories in other Star Wars media, like tv shows or books, that would clarify the lore issues put forward by this movie!?
    And WHY would he have a grand-daughter? WHY would a sithlord, over a hundred years of age, would ever be interested in intercourse???

    This has been the final straw. Henceforth I'm among those who consider the Skywalker saga to have ended with Return of the Jedi. The sequel trilogy is just a nightmare that should belong to legends, not official canon.

    I just realized this morning that actually they did explain how Palpatine escaped the shaft. What happened down near the bottom is shrouded in mystery but we have enough clues to piece it together. Lets use our Sherlock Holmes skills shall we.
    Alright so...
    Clues:
    1.) Palpatine is blind
    2.) Palpatine is crippled
    3.) Palpatine is mangled
    4.) Palpatine is alive
    5.) Palpatine used force lightning as he fell (from "Return of the Jedi")
    6.) Ever Sith that ever lived lives inside of Palpatine.

    Answer:
    1.) When Palpatine fell down the shaft he used force push to slow his decent.
    2.) In his rage as he fell he could not stop using force lightning. I have no doubt the lightning triggered an explosion. Palpatine put a force bubble around his body but it was to late, parts of him were blown off. But he saved his life just barely.
    3.) However, in the in turn the flash made him blind. This unexpected problem caused him to underestimate the location of the floor even though he had slowed his decent. Though he managed to land alive he permanently shattered his legs paralyzing his gnarled, mangled body.
    4.) Though very near death, he invokes every Sith that ever lived to reside inside of himself to give him the strength to escape.
    5.) He crawled out of the shaft using force pull to pull his grisly body to a shuttle to escape, narrowly escaping within an inch of his life.


    This guys review on this site is relatively fair. https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/12/21/a-list-of-all-jj-abrams-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-corrections-of-past-movies/#4e1b8b75121c

    She lost her Mary Sue status in Last Jedi imo, Snoke was man handling her with the force with no effort. If not for Kylo Ren, should would have been a Mary-6 foot under-Sue. And again she was getting man handled by Palpatine in here,she was also bested in a duel by Kylo Ren in here as well, that along with her being the granddaughter of one of the most powerful sith Lords who ever lived, pretty much makes her being a Mary Sue irrelevant to all but sexist ***** at this point. She might be a bad character but she was barely a Mary Sue for that long.

    Wrong she still lifted like 20 giant Boulders to save her friends. Remember on Dagobah Luke could only lift like 5? and that was after training with Yoda. Just because your related to a powerful force user doesn't automatically make you a bad *****. Look at Luke. Son of Anakin Skywalker. One of the most powerful Jedi. Luke still needed lots of training to get where he needed to be.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • I will say though her Mary Sue status is no where near as bad as it used to be but it is still there.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Not better than last jedi but a damn good movie. Solid ending to the saga. Not as much fan service as endgame so that was refreshing. It made the weak minded upset which i am always a fan of. Rey was and still is awesome. She’s got some family issues though...
  • jonci
    1266 posts Member
    Rushed it and crammed everything in should easily have been 2 movies, expand Kylo's hunt to find the sith planet more, equip the knights of ren with light sabres and do more with them.

    It tried to drop too many easter eggs and references from all the other films to tr and please everyone, and jumped around far too much.

    So not much in the way of the spies or gunners in the film that Dice dropped in the game as new characters, and certainly no battle on the new map they dropped.
    Would have been better using the star destroyer battle at the end (without the my little pony transport) as a battle zone, (they did it in the campaign), and could have expanded it for a star fighter map as well.

    Did i enjoy it? As a Sci-fi film yes, as a Star Wars film no. So much potential and so little reward for fans.

    Disrespectful and pathetic attempt to end a series that has had a massive impact on people in the last 40 years, did not do this mighty galaxy of characters any justice whatsoever.

    (Though nice to see they maintained the fat republic / rebel pilot getting blown up as they have done in every film so far, shame it wasn't rose).

  • I was entertained from start to finish.
  • My only issue with the new film is how they didn't really go into that much detail about Palpatine. They never told us how he survived and didn't go into much detail about what exactly he had been up to and how he had all those star destroyers hidden away
  • I will say though her Mary Sue status is no where near as bad as it used to be but it is still there.

    I Agree her being a Palpatine certainly explains how she was so good with very little training. But she was still op even with her being a Palpatine
  • jonci
    1266 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    My only issue with the new film is how they didn't really go into that much detail about Palpatine. They never told us how he survived and didn't go into much detail about what exactly he had been up to and how he had all those star destroyers hidden away

    And where did he get the crews from? perhaps not many died on either death star and they all skipped off for at least 30 + years of sitting on a secret star destroyer production facility in the middle of no where. ( just joking) but my point is far too many plot holes.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    Not better than last jedi but a damn good movie. Solid ending to the saga. Not as much fan service as endgame so that was refreshing. It made the weak minded upset which i am always a fan of. Rey was and still is awesome. She’s got some family issues though...

    Lol, 🤣😂🤣 I see what you did there.


    Wow, lol was this thread about Palpatines robes? Hmmmmm wow did we stray off topic.

    Okay, ummmmm well yeah the red robe for Palpatine would be fine
    but please not those white zombie eyes devs. How about instead the yellow red ones? I just don't feel like being chased by an A.I. zombie in "Instant Action" it would give me nightmares. Thanks.
    🙂
    “There is always hope.”
  • jonci wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    My only issue with the new film is how they didn't really go into that much detail about Palpatine. They never told us how he survived and didn't go into much detail about what exactly he had been up to and how he had all those star destroyers hidden away

    And where did he get the crews from? perhaps not many died on either death star and they all skipped off for at least 30 + years of sitting on a secret star destroyer production facility in the middle of no where. ( just joking) but my point is far too many plot holes.

    Yeah the bits about Palpatine needed far more explaining instead they rushed through his return
  • ImAGr8Panda
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Where did you get that? No no no, there was an episode in the clone wars where The father, son and daughter tested him and HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, he fulfilled the prophecy, if they make Rey the chosen one then you can bet that I'll be on these forums hating all over her terrible character. Poor poor George Lucas, watching KK, JJ and Ruin Johnson tear apart his masterpiece piece by piece, ruining Luke wasn't enough? By bringing Palpatine back they are basically ruining Vader too. We will see. I haven't seen the movie and don't really care to, I might see it because my family wants to see it but I don't have a huge desire to.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Where did you get that? No no no, there was an episode in the clone wars where The father, son and daughter tested him and HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, he fulfilled the prophecy, if they make Rey the chosen one then you can bet that I'll be on these forums hating all over her terrible character. Poor poor George Lucas, watching KK, JJ and Ruin Johnson tear apart his masterpiece piece by piece, ruining Luke wasn't enough? By bringing Palpatine back they are basically ruining Vader too. We will see. I haven't seen the movie and don't really care to, I might see it because my family wants to see it but I don't have a huge desire to.

    SW was already ruined by the PT, and how bad it was, i mean TFA got a better rating then all of the PT films, which is pretty bad, the only one that was good in any way was ROTS, period. I was only basing that Anakin wasn't the chosen one only from what i've heard and read, that doesn't mean it's true... if you didn't read the beginning..... but, Anakin is still Palpatine's creation.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    rehashing the same story beats


    Here is the evolution of the story of "Star Wars: A New Hope" (episode IV). So as you can see even George Lucas the creator radically altered the original vision of his story, when he was finally done.
    George Lucas's rough draft - The Star Wars
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars:_Rough_Draft

    George Lucas's first draft - The Star Wars
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars:_First_Draft

    George Lucas's second draft - Adventures of the Starkiller as taken from the Journal of the Whills, Saga I: The Star Wars
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Adventures_of_the_Starkiller,_Episode_I:_The_Star_Wars

    George Lucas's third draft - The Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Starkiller
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars:_From_The_Adventures_of_Luke_Starkiller


    How "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi's" earlier draft incarnations became the heavy influence for "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" (episode 9).

    "Return of the Jedi" Early Script Draft (part 1)


    "Return of the Jedi" Early Script Draft (part 2)


    "Return of the Jedi" Early Script Draft (part 3)


    "Return of the Jedi" Early Script Draft (part 4)


    "Return of the Jedi" Early Script Draft (part 5)


    "Return of the Jedi" Early Script Draft (part 6)


    How George Lucas wanted the New Sequel Trilogy to be made. He for the most part was not going to have the unused elements from his early drafts of Star Wars "Return of the Jedi" (episode 6) but Disney included them any way. But excluded his and Lawrence Kasdan's proposed script for episodes 7-9. However Disney kept the son of Han and Leia in the films.
    They also kept Leia being trained as a jedi. Plus Leia becoming a full fledged Jedi Master.
    They did not include Han and Leia's OP daughter though that instead became Rey.




    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    They did not include Han and Leia's OP daughter

    giphy.gif

    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Where did you get that? No no no, there was an episode in the clone wars where The father, son and daughter tested him and HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, he fulfilled the prophecy, if they make Rey the chosen one then you can bet that I'll be on these forums hating all over her terrible character. Poor poor George Lucas, watching KK, JJ and Ruin Johnson tear apart his masterpiece piece by piece, ruining Luke wasn't enough? By bringing Palpatine back they are basically ruining Vader too. We will see. I haven't seen the movie and don't really care to, I might see it because my family wants to see it but I don't have a huge desire to.

    SW was already ruined by the PT, and how bad it was, i mean TFA got a better rating then all of the PT films, which is pretty bad, the only one that was good in any way was ROTS, period. I was only basing that Anakin wasn't the chosen one only from what i've heard and read, that doesn't mean it's true... if you didn't read the beginning..... but, Anakin is still Palpatine's creation.

    PT did not ruin star wars, most of the audience thought them boring, so what, they told the story, they didn't ruin characters or storylines, OR RUIN THE WHOLE STORYLINE OF STAR WARS, idk why these made more money, probably because they said that Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy and Lando where in it, plus there are more people in the world and they can do more with special effects, I know one of my friends said he realized how bad the story is in TLJ but it didn't matter to him because of the special effects, because it looked good. PT was the opposite of ST in a way, everything happened slow in PT, where as in ST everything happens within a week, PT the heroes where not invincible, in ST Rey is a Mary Sue. I am sorry but I don't agree, ST has ruined Starwars, ruined the Skywalker name, I haven't seen TROS yet but from what I have heard it is the worst thing that has happened.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Where did you get that? No no no, there was an episode in the clone wars where The father, son and daughter tested him and HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, he fulfilled the prophecy, if they make Rey the chosen one then you can bet that I'll be on these forums hating all over her terrible character. Poor poor George Lucas, watching KK, JJ and Ruin Johnson tear apart his masterpiece piece by piece, ruining Luke wasn't enough? By bringing Palpatine back they are basically ruining Vader too. We will see. I haven't seen the movie and don't really care to, I might see it because my family wants to see it but I don't have a huge desire to.

    SW was already ruined by the PT, and how bad it was, i mean TFA got a better rating then all of the PT films, which is pretty bad, the only one that was good in any way was ROTS, period. I was only basing that Anakin wasn't the chosen one only from what i've heard and read, that doesn't mean it's true... if you didn't read the beginning..... but, Anakin is still Palpatine's creation.

    PT did not ruin star wars, most of the audience thought them boring, so what, they told the story, they didn't ruin characters or storylines, OR RUIN THE WHOLE STORYLINE OF STAR WARS, idk why these made more money, probably because they said that Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy and Lando where in it, plus there are more people in the world and they can do more with special effects, I know one of my friends said he realized how bad the story is in TLJ but it didn't matter to him because of the special effects, because it looked good. PT was the opposite of ST in a way, everything happened slow in PT, where as in ST everything happens within a week, PT the heroes where not invincible, in ST Rey is a Mary Sue. I am sorry but I don't agree, ST has ruined Starwars, ruined the Skywalker name, I haven't seen TROS yet but from what I have heard it is the worst thing that has happened.

    Well maybe you should watch TROS so you can properly judge it, cause a lot of people on here that refused to see it or thought it was gonna bomb, they seen it and thought it to be pretty good and said that they actually enjoyed it..... but the PT was the trilogy that made Lucas sell SW, because of all the back lash and them being horribly made films and whatnot, i hear that all the time on here.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Where did you get that? No no no, there was an episode in the clone wars where The father, son and daughter tested him and HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, he fulfilled the prophecy, if they make Rey the chosen one then you can bet that I'll be on these forums hating all over her terrible character. Poor poor George Lucas, watching KK, JJ and Ruin Johnson tear apart his masterpiece piece by piece, ruining Luke wasn't enough? By bringing Palpatine back they are basically ruining Vader too. We will see. I haven't seen the movie and don't really care to, I might see it because my family wants to see it but I don't have a huge desire to.

    SW was already ruined by the PT, and how bad it was, i mean TFA got a better rating then all of the PT films, which is pretty bad, the only one that was good in any way was ROTS, period. I was only basing that Anakin wasn't the chosen one only from what i've heard and read, that doesn't mean it's true... if you didn't read the beginning..... but, Anakin is still Palpatine's creation.

    PT did not ruin star wars, most of the audience thought them boring, so what, they told the story, they didn't ruin characters or storylines, OR RUIN THE WHOLE STORYLINE OF STAR WARS, idk why these made more money, probably because they said that Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy and Lando where in it, plus there are more people in the world and they can do more with special effects, I know one of my friends said he realized how bad the story is in TLJ but it didn't matter to him because of the special effects, because it looked good. PT was the opposite of ST in a way, everything happened slow in PT, where as in ST everything happens within a week, PT the heroes where not invincible, in ST Rey is a Mary Sue. I am sorry but I don't agree, ST has ruined Starwars, ruined the Skywalker name, I haven't seen TROS yet but from what I have heard it is the worst thing that has happened.

    Well maybe you should watch TROS so you can properly judge it, cause a lot of people on here that refused to see it or thought it was gonna bomb, they seen it and thought it to be pretty good and said that they actually enjoyed it..... but the PT was the trilogy that made Lucas sell SW, because of all the back lash and them being horribly made films and whatnot, i hear that all the time on here.

    What is your point? I am going to see it tomorrow because my family wants to see it. It won't matter if what I have heard is true.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Where did you get that? No no no, there was an episode in the clone wars where The father, son and daughter tested him and HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, he fulfilled the prophecy, if they make Rey the chosen one then you can bet that I'll be on these forums hating all over her terrible character. Poor poor George Lucas, watching KK, JJ and Ruin Johnson tear apart his masterpiece piece by piece, ruining Luke wasn't enough? By bringing Palpatine back they are basically ruining Vader too. We will see. I haven't seen the movie and don't really care to, I might see it because my family wants to see it but I don't have a huge desire to.

    SW was already ruined by the PT, and how bad it was, i mean TFA got a better rating then all of the PT films, which is pretty bad, the only one that was good in any way was ROTS, period. I was only basing that Anakin wasn't the chosen one only from what i've heard and read, that doesn't mean it's true... if you didn't read the beginning..... but, Anakin is still Palpatine's creation.

    PT did not ruin star wars, most of the audience thought them boring, so what, they told the story, they didn't ruin characters or storylines, OR RUIN THE WHOLE STORYLINE OF STAR WARS, idk why these made more money, probably because they said that Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy and Lando where in it, plus there are more people in the world and they can do more with special effects, I know one of my friends said he realized how bad the story is in TLJ but it didn't matter to him because of the special effects, because it looked good. PT was the opposite of ST in a way, everything happened slow in PT, where as in ST everything happens within a week, PT the heroes where not invincible, in ST Rey is a Mary Sue. I am sorry but I don't agree, ST has ruined Starwars, ruined the Skywalker name, I haven't seen TROS yet but from what I have heard it is the worst thing that has happened.

    Well maybe you should watch TROS so you can properly judge it, cause a lot of people on here that refused to see it or thought it was gonna bomb, they seen it and thought it to be pretty good and said that they actually enjoyed it..... but the PT was the trilogy that made Lucas sell SW, because of all the back lash and them being horribly made films and whatnot, i hear that all the time on here.

    I did not go see it yet because I am sick with a virus but will see it once I am better, I do not know what happens but from what i have heard KK, JJ and Ruin Jhonson have screwed over everyone else just to make money, I do not want to argue, we are entitled to our opinions, if you liked it then good, I may not like it when I see it but my opinion does not really matter. We may both see it differently but we do not need to argue.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Though i will have to say from what i've heard that Anakin is not the chosen one.... which actually i'm completely fine with, since Anakin was most likely created by Palpatine via influencing the midiclorians to create him anyhow. Then there's Anakin's fall to the dark side, if he was so special and the chosen one, then why did he fall to the dark side? Anakin never really fulfilled the chosen one prophecy anyhow, he killed Palpatine big deal, Palpatine was a mere representation of the Sith.... he wasn't actually the Sith sith, so the sith weren't rid o in the first place. In which if Rey ends up being the chosen one then that would explain her Mary sueness, i guess you could say, in which she most likely doesn't fall to the dark side, unlike Anakin. Also, it was said or speculated or whatever that Anakin is not the chosen one, and that he was just pretty much a tool created by Palpatine to fool the jedi into thinking that he was the chosen one.... then when the jedi suspected Anakin and started thinking that he wasn't the chosen one, then that's when Palpatine found the time to be right, and he remained in office after Grievous' demise and knew that Anakin would eventually take his side, due to him creating Anakin. Not for sure about this.... but i never really accepted Anakin to be the chosen one, only because he was rather weak minded.

    Where did you get that? No no no, there was an episode in the clone wars where The father, son and daughter tested him and HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, he fulfilled the prophecy, if they make Rey the chosen one then you can bet that I'll be on these forums hating all over her terrible character. Poor poor George Lucas, watching KK, JJ and Ruin Johnson tear apart his masterpiece piece by piece, ruining Luke wasn't enough? By bringing Palpatine back they are basically ruining Vader too. We will see. I haven't seen the movie and don't really care to, I might see it because my family wants to see it but I don't have a huge desire to.

    SW was already ruined by the PT, and how bad it was, i mean TFA got a better rating then all of the PT films, which is pretty bad, the only one that was good in any way was ROTS, period. I was only basing that Anakin wasn't the chosen one only from what i've heard and read, that doesn't mean it's true... if you didn't read the beginning..... but, Anakin is still Palpatine's creation.

    PT did not ruin star wars, most of the audience thought them boring, so what, they told the story, they didn't ruin characters or storylines, OR RUIN THE WHOLE STORYLINE OF STAR WARS, idk why these made more money, probably because they said that Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy and Lando where in it, plus there are more people in the world and they can do more with special effects, I know one of my friends said he realized how bad the story is in TLJ but it didn't matter to him because of the special effects, because it looked good. PT was the opposite of ST in a way, everything happened slow in PT, where as in ST everything happens within a week, PT the heroes where not invincible, in ST Rey is a Mary Sue. I am sorry but I don't agree, ST has ruined Starwars, ruined the Skywalker name, I haven't seen TROS yet but from what I have heard it is the worst thing that has happened.

    Well maybe you should watch TROS so you can properly judge it, cause a lot of people on here that refused to see it or thought it was gonna bomb, they seen it and thought it to be pretty good and said that they actually enjoyed it..... but the PT was the trilogy that made Lucas sell SW, because of all the back lash and them being horribly made films and whatnot, i hear that all the time on here.

    I have some more opinions on it but will save them until i see it. I do agree with you that Anakin seemed to weak minded, he fell to the dark side too quickly but it is because in ROTS they do not show how he was already slowly turning away from the councel, when they voted to exile Ahsoka from the Jedi Order he turned away slightly, he saw it that they weren't even defending their own. They couldn't show that in ROTS.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!