criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Episode IX ending spoilers.

Prev1
IXPrometheusXI
1846 posts Member
edited December 2019
SPOILERS
Alright so since at the end of RoS Rey gets rid of Luke and Leias lightsabers and crafts her own why doesn't he new skin use her new ligthsaber?

Place any spoilers into spoiler tags ~Rtas
Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

• It would give too much away
  • It would give too much away

How?

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• It has already been suggested, and again, I agree. It would also help distinguish the new skin from the default.
    Should be a simple fix.
    n86iz9grog1x.jpeg

Yes! It would be very simple but very cool

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• They might do it next month....would be cool. I would imagine they didnt on the 17th as it would have been seen as a spoiler
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • They could replace the current saber with her new one in like February or something, just so that it won’t be a spoiler to show it in game.
  • Like others have said, they might update her in a couple weeks maybe and give her the new lightsaber.
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• What I wanna know is why didn't Darth Vader use sith drain like palpatine did at the end
  • I also want the new skin of Palpatine.
  • Not sure it's a priority to be honest.
  • SPOILERS

Alright so since at the end of RoS Rey gets rid of Luke and Leias lightsabers and crafts her own why doesn't he new skin use her new ligthsaber?

Yessss. This would be epic! I've been waiting for a saber hero in BF 2 that would have a saber color that's not the common blue or green.
    I read that Rey used some parts from the skywalker saber and Leia's to craft her own..... but the build of her new saber is made from her quarter staff.
  • What I wanna know is why didn't Darth Vader use sith drain like palpatine did at the end

Maybe because Vader wasn't able to use sith force lightning, because he had droid parts in his suit, it would fry him, maybe the draining would do the same???
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    SPOILERS

Yessss. This would be epic! I've been waiting for a saber hero in BF 2 that would have a saber color that's not the common blue or green.
    I read that Rey used some parts from the skywalker saber and Leia's to craft her own..... but the build of her new saber is made from her quarter staff.

Ye.. green and blue make yellow...

Rey is very special and only very special Jedi's have colours other than green or blue.... Like mace windu.
    SPOILERS

Ye.. green and blue make yellow...

Rey is very special and only very special Jedi's have colours other than green or blue.... Like mace windu.

Yup red and blue make purple ;) We need the mixed colored sabers in the game...... purple, yellow, orange, all of the sorts.
  • Raices
    1503 posts Member
    What I wanna know is why didn't Darth Vader use sith drain like palpatine did at the end

Or why Anakin didn't use force heal to save his mother....
  • Raices wrote: »
    What I wanna know is why didn't Darth Vader use sith drain like palpatine did at the end

Maybe it wasn't the will of the force?....... if you think about it, maybe the only reason why Rey could save stabbed Kylo was maybe because it was the will of the force, and the will of the force was working thru Rey?...... but not for sure, it's because George Lucas didn't go by any of the comics, or books or video games, or just legends in general, like the first force heal was seen by the now i think he's in legends Cade skywalker, he was a far future relative of Luke's, Cade was a bar owner, a sith at one point, then a jedi, eventually when Luke's force ghost appeared to him. So they fleshed the force healing out of legends, but Lucas probably doesn't even know that was a possibility..... just like Anakin's scar in ROTS, it was not there before, and Lucas stated that he didn't know why Anakin had a scar in ROTS in the first place, but one of the members working with George on the set said that Anakin's scar was from comics..... and Lucas was just like, whatever. So really that's a question to ask Lucas about.

Maybe because Vader wasn't able to use sith force lightning, because he had droid parts in his suit, it would fry him, maybe the draining would do the same???

You are aware that Vader in fact can use force lighting right?
  • Schylo_Ren wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Since when did he use it??? and why it was never seen before?
  • That’d be sick
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • If nothing else, I'm so glad this movie finally legitimized the gold lightsaber color. Yeah the cartoons and video games had them too but a live action movie is the ultimate canonization. Plus the handle just looks badass. I want it.
    Schylo_Ren wrote: »

The Vader comics, he apparently uses red force lightning
  • On top of the yellow lightsaber for Rey I’d like to see her get a force heal ability similar to anakins retribution! Also a Ben Solo skin wielding Anakins lightsaber as he did at the end of Rise of Skywalker would be ideal for the sequel content

He only does that in a Force...vision / out of body experience, whatever you want to call it
    Raices wrote: »

Maybe it wasn't the will of the force?....... if you think about it, maybe the only reason why Rey could save stabbed Kylo was maybe because it was the will of the force, and the will of the force was working thru Rey?...... but not for sure, it's because George Lucas didn't go by any of the comics, or books or video games, or just legends in general, like the first force heal was seen by the now i think he's in legends Cade skywalker, he was a far future relative of Luke's, Cade was a bar owner, a sith at one point, then a jedi, eventually when Luke's force ghost appeared to him. So they fleshed the force healing out of legends, but Lucas probably doesn't even know that was a possibility..... just like Anakin's scar in ROTS, it was not there before, and Lucas stated that he didn't know why Anakin had a scar in ROTS in the first place, but one of the members working with George on the set said that Anakin's scar was from comics..... and Lucas was just like, whatever. So really that's a question to ask Lucas about.

Lucas had a different vision for the sequels. This crap is pure disney. 'The mouse' didn't just buy the right to Star Wars, but it bought his stories, and sat on them. As in, it didn't even use Lucas's vision of what the next story was after ROTJ. I think it shows. None of the 3 films work in harmony or in conjunction with eachother. The only thing they have in common are the same characters imo. They messed up, big time. And that's all on 'the mouse' and the people they put in charge instead of listening to what George wanted or even suggested. The EU has better and more coherent stories.
  • How bout that orange? I member when Leia had an orange one in the old EU. Was pleasantly surprised by this
  • On top of the yellow lightsaber for Rey I’d like to see her get a force heal ability similar to anakins retribution! Also a Ben Solo skin wielding Anakins lightsaber as he did at the end of Rise of Skywalker would be ideal for the sequel content

Can we agree not to talk about retribution.

I think any abilities that are similar to retribution should NOT be in the game
  • Totally makes sense for her new appearance to have the blue saber as that's what she uses for the majority of the film. It would also have been a major spoiler.

Having said that, would love another appearance in Jan or Feb with her new orange lightsaber.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe

I don't remember that, and i read the Vader comics. All i've read about it is that Vader can't because he has artificial arms, in which it would fry him in doing so, and the lightning wouldn't even preform due to the same reason of his arms..... even George Lucas confirmed that he can't preform it.
  • hosco33
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Actually, i have thought of Leia having a melee ability (the buff everyone's been asking for?), maybe like Spy's but this one would be able to block. And Rey having a fourth ability called "Anger", that takes some time to load, like Aanakin's. And a new mode called Palpatine vs Hero Star Fighters XD.... I loved the movie!!!
  • SPOILERS

It's a lost oppurtunity if they don't add it.
    First of all designing an orange lightsaber shouldn't be as difficult as removing Han's beard for the Yavin skin.

And I really hope the FO Jet Trooper will receive his red armor as a skin like in TROS at the very end

• Plus she made her saber in like 5minutes
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »

I get what you are trying to do but it's not even worth the effort

The writers themselves don't even know why these force powers are a thing. There was no plan put into it, no ground rules, no foreshadowing, no establishing. JJ crammed in these force powers at the literal 11th hour with no plans or foundations made to support them just so episode 9 could work with the beats he wanted in

In so doing he created his own TLJ lore destroying debacle. The only reason people haven't picked up on it as much is because the Force is a mystical energy source but believe me

Once people realize how lore destroying this whole thing is, oooooooooooh there will be complaints
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• Force ghosts interacting with the real world... that to me is ridiculous. It's like they're not even gone. Well, "no one's ever really gone" according to disney so I guess it fits.
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    Plus she made her saber in like 5minutes

I thought she got it off ebay. Looked like her staff got cut down. I dunno need to see it again, feel like a lot was cut out of this film for some reason.

Its an offscreen thing. You dont know rly how much time has passed between the Tatooine scene and when she defeated Palpatine.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Its an offscreen thing. You dont know rly how much time has passed between the Tatooine scene and when she defeated Palpatine.

I wished they had shown a few more planets in the celebration. Don't get me wrong I loved seeing cloud city and Endor, but maybe toss in a Naboo or Courscant? And I'm seeing that the planet in the beginning Kylo is on is apparently Mustafar? Defintely need to see this one again
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »

I wished they had shown a few more planets in the celebration. Don't get me wrong I loved seeing cloud city and Endor, but maybe toss in a Naboo or Courscant? And I'm seeing that the planet in the beginning Kylo is on is apparently Mustafar? Defintely need to see this one again

Yes its Mustafar. Kylo got the holocron from Vader's castle.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Thanks bud .I wish they had shown more of it. Seeing the trees(stumps?) Threw me off. I love when things come together. So so much better than TLJ.
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    You can always tell it's a JJ movie if characters are on a planet or go to a planet and you have no idea what it is
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

mastery0ta wrote: »

Thanks bud .I wish they had shown more of it. Seeing the trees(stumps?) Threw me off. I love when things come together. So so much better than TLJ.

You can only fit so much in a 2 and a half hour movie. TLJ didnt rly cover anything and didnt progress the story at all. So TROS had to do it all.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• ROMG4
    3482 posts Member

You can only fit so much in a 2 and a half hour movie. TLJ didnt rly cover anything and didnt progress the story at all. So TROS had to do it all.

Actually that's the problem with TLJ, it finished everything. JJ set up his trove of mystery boxes in the first one and the other directors were supposed to develop them over the course of the next two movies

Rian finished it all. He killed nearly every single plot line, Episode 8 was less Episode 8 and more Episode 8 and half of EP-9

Yeah the whole sequel trilogy is just one gigantic train wreck
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• bfloo
    16581 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Actually that's the problem with TLJ, it finished everything. JJ set up his trove of mystery boxes in the first one and the other directors were supposed to develop them over the course of the next two movies

Rian finished it all. He killed nearly every single plot line, Episode 8 was less Episode 8 and more Episode 8 and half of EP-9

At least it is over now
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    bfloo wrote: »
    At least it is over now
    giphy.gif

After 4 long years it is finally done. The Jawas have finished their "great" "alternate history" trilogy and we can all finally move on

*Jawa trilogy headcanon initializing*
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• Force ghosts interacting with the real world... that to me is ridiculous. It's like they're not even gone. Well, "no one's ever really gone" according to disney so I guess it fits.

Even worse was the transferring of objects over god knows what distance due to force connection, not even the great jedi masters of old had this crap but a badly trained dark side force user and a practically untrained light side force user can send stuff to each other through "the force"

Aye right disney, go and do one ffs
  • bfloo
    16581 posts Member
    Force ghosts interacting with the real world... that to me is ridiculous. It's like they're not even gone. Well, "no one's ever really gone" according to disney so I guess it fits.

Even worse was the transferring of objects over god knows what distance due to force connection, not even the great jedi masters of old had this crap but a badly trained dark side force user and a practically untrained light side force user can send stuff to each other through "the force"

Aye right disney, go and do one ffs

That annoyed me every time
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4 wrote: »

Yeah TLJ was kinda a movie of its own, like it was disconnected from TFA, and TROS was the sequel to TFA. You dont even have to watch TLJ before watching TROS.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah TLJ was kinda a movie of its own, like it was disconnected from TFA, and TROS was the sequel to TFA. You dont even have to watch TLJ before watching TROS.

Imagine if TFA ended with Luke chucking the saber off the mountain as he did in TLJ, after all that build up and focus

TLJ seriously makes TFA's crazy focus on Luke, the threads about the first Jedi Temple, and all the mystery so hilariously pointless that it truly doesn't feel like they are in the same film series

Snoke in TFA: Bring me Kylo I must train him
    Snoke in TLJ: Your lame, get out of my sight

giphy.gif

If there was any hope for the Sequel Trilogy to improve in storytelling, worldbuilding, and character development. TLJ was the true stake to the heart of the ST, any chance for improvement went down the drain

Episode 9 never had any chance or hope of being anything but a trainwreck

I have Rogue One and as long as I have that there is still hope in new Star Wars
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• I predict the next trilogy, which will come in 5-10 years, will feature zero references to this one
  • DarthLando
    1816 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I predict the next trilogy, which will come in 5-10 years, will feature zero references to this one

It probably won’t be a movie, but I bet they revisit the post-ST area again.

Rather it be a movie, Disney+ spin off series, or comic or novel.

Rey finally ya know, came into her own, accepted who she is, is the leader of the new Jedi etc

Apparently Finn is force sensitive, so Rey will need to train him

Lando heavily hinted at helping that chick who wanted to bang Finn find her home world or whatever

They’ll milk it for everything they can
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    I predict the next trilogy, which will come in 5-10 years, will feature zero references to this one

It probably won’t be a movie, but I bet they revisit the post-ST area again.

Rather it be a movie, Disney+ spin off series, or comic or novel.

Rey finally ya know, came into her own, accepted who she is, is the leader of the new Jedi etc

Apparently Finn is force sensitive, so Rey will need to train him

Lando heavily hinted at helping that chick who wanted to bang Finn find her home world or whatever

They’ll milk it for everything they can

I read somewhere the next trilogy will actually focus on the Old Republic so Before the PT

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2