criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Episode IX ending spoilers.

2Next

Replies

• ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    I predict the next trilogy, which will come in 5-10 years, will feature zero references to this one

It probably won’t be a movie, but I bet they revisit the post-ST area again.

Rather it be a movie, Disney+ spin off series, or comic or novel.

Rey finally ya know, came into her own, accepted who she is, is the leader of the new Jedi etc

Apparently Finn is force sensitive, so Rey will need to train him

Lando heavily hinted at helping that chick who wanted to bang Finn find her home world or whatever

They’ll milk it for everything they can

I read somewhere the next trilogy will actually focus on the Old Republic so Before the PT

pKWvipn.gif?noredirect

I'm......I'm not ready. To see what has been done to the OT characters to the likes of HK, Canderous, Bastila, Carth, JOLEE

Years ago all I wanted was KOTOR film trilogy, now I'm genuinely afraid of it
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• Force ghosts interacting with the real world... that to me is ridiculous. It's like they're not even gone. Well, "no one's ever really gone" according to disney so I guess it fits.

Well remember that scene when Obi-wan walks up to Luke in ROTJ.... it shows the Obi walking thru the these vines which he kinda pushes the vines out of his way so he can walk thru, the vines move too, so it's not all that bad.
  • can force ghosts have sex?
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    SPOILERS

Alright so since at the end of RoS Rey gets rid of Luke and Leias lightsabers and crafts her own why doesn't he new skin use her new ligthsaber?

Yessss. This would be epic! I've been waiting for a saber hero in BF 2 that would have a saber color that's not the common blue or green.
    I read that Rey used some parts from the skywalker saber and Leia's to craft her own..... but the build of her new saber is made from her quarter staff.

Ye.. green and blue make yellow...

Rey is very special and only very special Jedi's have colours other than green or blue.... Like mace windu.

Idk if that was sarcastic but mace saber was only purple because Samuel asked for it, not lore reasons. Ashoka would’ve been a better example.
    Raices wrote: »
    What I wanna know is why didn't Darth Vader use sith drain like palpatine did at the end

Or why Anakin didn't use force heal to save his mother....

Because he was already on the dark side st that point and they can’t force heal
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Yeah TLJ was kinda a movie of its own, like it was disconnected from TFA, and TROS was the sequel to TFA. You dont even have to watch TLJ before watching TROS.

Imagine if TFA ended with Luke chucking the saber off the mountain as he did in TLJ, after all that build up and focus

TLJ seriously makes TFA's crazy focus on Luke, the threads about the first Jedi Temple, and all the mystery so hilariously pointless that it truly doesn't feel like they are in the same film series

Snoke in TFA: Bring me Kylo I must train him
    Snoke in TLJ: Your lame, get out of my sight

giphy.gif

If there was any hope for the Sequel Trilogy to improve in storytelling, worldbuilding, and character development. TLJ was the true stake to the heart of the ST, any chance for improvement went down the drain

Episode 9 never had any chance or hope of being anything but a trainwreck

I have Rogue One and as long as I have that there is still hope in new Star Wars

Movie wasn’t the best Star Wars but it was far from a train wreck. It was a good movie to watch🤷🏻‍♂️. We all know Last Jedi was the train wreck, to follow that, this answered a lot questions and holes. It created a couple for me (anakins legacy, how Rey is a palp) but it did it’s job to fix the trilogy into watchable. You’re way to harsh
    Force ghosts interacting with the real world... that to me is ridiculous. It's like they're not even gone. Well, "no one's ever really gone" according to disney so I guess it fits.

Well remember that scene when Obi-wan walks up to Luke in ROTJ.... it shows the Obi walking thru the these vines which he kinda pushes the vines out of his way so he can walk thru, the vines move too, so it's not all that bad.

He also puts his hand on his shoulder and sits on a log lol. They just built off what they did with Obiwan ghost lol.
    Force ghosts interacting with the real world... that to me is ridiculous. It's like they're not even gone. Well, "no one's ever really gone" according to disney so I guess it fits.

He also puts his hand on his shoulder and sits on a log lol. They just built off what they did with Obiwan ghost lol.

Yeah exactly. I think people tend to say these things don't make sense when it's already happened before.
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Yeah exactly. I think people tend to say these things don't make sense when it's already happened before.

I was confused when I saw it first, but then this was brought to my attention
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    Movie wasn’t the best Star Wars but it was far from a train wreck. It was a good movie to watch🤷🏻‍♂️. We all know Last Jedi was the train wreck, to follow that, this answered a lot questions and holes. It created a couple for me (anakins legacy, how Rey is a palp) but it did it’s job to fix the trilogy into watchable. You’re way to harsh

The movie didn't even explain how Palpatine the overarching villain of the first two trilogies was alive, let alone why he was there, or how he could possibly manipulate everything from across the galaxy

The Sequel Trilogy at it's best is a perfect example of poor planning, bad decisions, and what happens when you let people have no restraint and ignore the works that came before theirs

I don't mind at all that you like the movie, in many ways I greatly envy you as it is something that I can never have. Indeed I am being harsh, but someone has to be when Lucasfilm has been so careless and nonchalant. The fact that everything that happened and was set up in the past two films got such a weak resolution is ridiculous. Snoke was and is now pointless with his reveal of being a puppet, the events of TFA and TLJ have now been retroactively weakened to an even greater degree. Snoke is no longer this mysterious and powerful dark side force user with potentially brand new storylines to approach, he's just a mere clone puppet controlled by Palpatine

The fact Palpatine can disable an entire fleet, Rey and Kylo can teleport objects and battle across the galaxy. Even though Luke died from just making a hologram in the past film, it's so inconsistent it feels like two entirely different series

The Sequel Trilogy is boundlessly inconsistent and flawed in every aspect. If it were an English paper the very best it could hope for would be a C. The ST is filled with so many writing flaws, it not only jumps the plot around, does barely anything then tip its toe in the plot threads it made, but it abandons them or just throws them in haphazardly because the writers remembered "Oh yeah we gotta do something with that"

Because at the end of the day this trilogy wasn't crafted through love of the source material, from the desire to make a world and work that will stand for generations, a story that so many millions of people will watch, remember, and be affected by. There is only one thing that applies

Still at least I have the Rogue One and Kenobi spinoff to look forward to
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• OcDoc
    2092 posts Member
    Great... a push to add one of the dumbest parts of the movie. Good Lord.

Plus, as far as we know that is just a trophy lightsaber that will go on the fireplace mantel. It hasn’t defeated anyone.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

Plus, as far as we know that is just a trophy lightsaber that will go on the fireplace mantel. It hasn’t defeated anyone.

It would be cool to have it because all we have are Blue Green and Red.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

It would be cool to have it because all we have are Blue Green and Red.

Yeah, we need more exotic lightsaber colors like yellow, purple *Mace windu * maybe even orange.

Well JJ abrams said that the trilogy might be over... but the character's stories aren't over. So in the near future we could very well be seeing Rey's new saber in a star wars story film or maybe a show. the yellow plasma sabers that the jedi temple guards carry in the clone wars and rebels shows look very similar to the yellow saber that Rey now carries.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    I predict the next trilogy, which will come in 5-10 years, will feature zero references to this one

It probably won’t be a movie, but I bet they revisit the post-ST area again.

Rather it be a movie, Disney+ spin off series, or comic or novel.

Rey finally ya know, came into her own, accepted who she is, is the leader of the new Jedi etc

Apparently Finn is force sensitive, so Rey will need to train him

Lando heavily hinted at helping that chick who wanted to bang Finn find her home world or whatever

They’ll milk it for everything they can

I read somewhere the next trilogy will actually focus on the Old Republic so Before the PT

pKWvipn.gif?noredirect

I'm......I'm not ready. To see what has been done to the OT characters to the likes of HK, Canderous, Bastila, Carth, JOLEE

Years ago all I wanted was KOTOR film trilogy, now I'm genuinely afraid of it

Oh dont worry, they wont do anything to them. Knowing Disney they will all be "Non Canon/Legends" and we will have weaker version based off of them take their place just to ***** the fans off. Honestly, if they were smart, they would leave the Old Republic intact, that was one of the best parts about the Old EU (along with the fleshed out Galactic Civil War/Empire vs New Republic era imo). I mean most of the material is well written and based off of games so you can indeed take the characters and change them up line wise and probly looks wise for the actors and call it a day. But like I said "If they were smart". If I've learned anything in my time on earth, its that Big Business people are clueless and single minded *****, so fat chance for that.

I dont see whats so bad about a yellow lightsaber? Sounds like your being overdramatic
  • I would have loved to see al the Sith sitting in the background attack Rey and Kylo and then Rey starts to call the help of all the jedi what causes a big and final battle between the Sith and the Jedi! >:)
  • jarnow008 wrote: »
    I would have loved to see al the Sith sitting in the background attack Rey and Kylo and then Rey starts to call the help of all the jedi what causes a big and final battle between the Sith and the Jedi! >:)

I legit just wanted to see the force ghost. That woud have been good enough for me.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• jarnow008 wrote: »
    I would have loved to see al the Sith sitting in the background attack Rey and Kylo and then Rey starts to call the help of all the jedi what causes a big and final battle between the Sith and the Jedi! >:)

I legit just wanted to see the force ghost. That woud have been good enough for me.

Yeah i was hoping we would at least see Anakin as a force ghost. I would say that all those that have had encounters with Palpatine, at least the more known ones, they should've appeared as force ghosts. So that would include Anakin, Luke, Mace windu i guess Obi-wan, even thought he didn't exactly have a encounter with Palpatine, like as an enemy.... then Ahsoka, Ezra, since they both together encountered Palpatine, and Kanan, just cause Ezra and Ahsoka would be there though, so they all kinda connect in one way or another.... but sadly they didn't appear, i would've liked to see Anakin appear and hold his hand out to give Rey all the power.
  • It was a crime Anakin wasn’t a ghost at all in that movie
  • Raices wrote: »
    What I wanna know is why didn't Darth Vader use sith drain like palpatine did at the end

Because in both instances ... Vader/Anakin were not skilled enough.

So your telling me that Anakin Skywalker the Chosen One who had been training at the Jedi Temple all his life couldnt do something a inexperienced force user who had minimal training can?

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

So your telling me that Anakin Skywalker the Chosen One who had been training at the Jedi Temple all his life couldnt do something a inexperienced force user who had minimal training can?

Yep ... didn't you see the movies?

What Im saying is that is so incredibly dumb. It took Luke 1v1 training with the Grand Master of the Jedi and he still couldn't beat palps without his fathers help. Yoda lost in a 1v1with palps, But this girl who has like no training beats him. The ST is a abomination of nature and should be forgotten

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

What Im saying is that is so incredibly dumb. It took Luke 1v1 training with the Grand Master of the Jedi and he still couldn't beat palps without his fathers help. Yoda lost in a 1v1with palps, But this girl who has like no training beats him. The ST is a abomination of nature and should be forgotten

Wow. I think you're confusing your opinion on how things should be with how things actually are.

1. Just because someone is strong with the force doesn't mean they know how to use it

2. Yoda never lost to palps... palps ran away .. duh!

3. Did you see Rey training with Luke? Did you see Rey training with Leia... see .. training... yes... training.

4. ST is great... decent story.. never as good as OT but as good as PT... episode 8 was appalling ... but then so was episode 2

I can only see one element of dumb here personally.

Wow. I think you're confusing your opinion on how things should be with how things actually are.

1. Just because someone is strong with the force doesn't mean they know how to use it

3. Did you see Rey training with Luke? Did you see Rey training with Leia... see .. training... yes... training.

4. ST is great... decent story.. never as good as OT but as good as PT... episode 8 was appalling ... but then so was episode 2

Yoda ran from Palp?

Episode 2 was far from appalling ? It was appalling for YOU. Wow. I think you're confusing your opinion on how things should be with how things actually are. Just like I think Empire is over rated and kinda boring but I don’t say that’s a fact lol
  • Can’t be condescending and say things like DUH and can’t even get it right 😂😂😂 please watch episode 3

Yoda ran from Palp?

Episode 2 was far from appalling ? It was appalling for YOU. Wow. I think you're confusing your opinion on how things should be with how things actually are. Just like I think Empire is over rated and kinda boring but I don’t say that’s a fact lol

Palps made yoda fall which injured himself too much to fight.

Rey trained with Luke for like what? A day?

The PT is so much better than the ST lmao. Episode 2 had is failings yes but it had some amazing parts. Like when we see the Clones in the facility. The Battle of Geonosis. Count Dooku was a great villain. The ST story sucks. There's no good parts. TFA is awful. Its literally ANH but with way worse characters. TLJ has no good parts and is a awful movie. TROS completes the circle by finding a way to ruin the Character arc of Anakin skywalker. Palps is alive so Vaders sacrifice meant nothing. He didn't save the galaxy.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Yoda ran from Palp?

The PT is so much better than the ST lmao. Episode 2 had is failings yes but it had some amazing parts. Like when we see the Clones in the facility. The Battle of Geonosis. Count Dooku was a great villain. The ST story sucks. There's no good parts. TFA is awful. Its literally ANH but with way worse characters. TLJ has no good parts and is a awful movie. TROS completes the circle by finding a way to ruin the Character arc of Anakin skywalker. Palps is alive so Vaders sacrifice meant nothing. He didn't save the galaxy.

He was the Chosen one

For 30 years 😂😂😂😂. I honestly can’t watch Return of the Jedi the same, and it sucks, I enjoyed that one, but it just isn’t the same now. Episode 2 is slept on and it still sold more than a lot of “better” Star Wars movies. It’s hilarious to compare episode 2 to 8 😂

Yoda ran from Palp?

He was the Chosen one

For 30 years 😂😂😂😂. I honestly can’t watch Return of the Jedi the same, and it sucks, I enjoyed that one, but it just isn’t the same now. Episode 2 is slept on and it still sold more than a lot of “better” Star Wars movies. It’s hilarious to compare episode 2 to 8 😂

ROTJ is ruined for me now too. Episode 2s ending is so awesome to watch. Espically the duel between Yoda and Dooku.
    "Much to learn you still have"
    Episode 2 is like a B maybe a B- TLJ gets a soild F

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Yoda ran from Palp?

He was the Chosen one

ROTJ is ruined for me now too. Episode 2s ending is so awesome to watch. Espically the duel between Yoda and Dooku.

Episodes 7 and 9 are cool TO WATCH to me. Great theatre expierence. Awful Lore building but for the average movie, it’s watchable. Each have lore and plot holes that can’t be forgiving tho. I enjoyed 9 in the theatre with the action, emotion, and comedy. But then I started to question and think about things and it’s not so great 😂. Good movie tho, not so good Star Wars movie

Still till this day top 3 Star Wars moments are the arena scenes. Loved it

Yoda ran from Palp?

He was the Chosen one

Episodes 7 and 9 are cool TO WATCH to me. Great theatre expierence. Awful Lore building but for the average movie, it’s watchable. Each have lore and plot holes that can’t be forgiving tho. I enjoyed 9 in the theatre with the action, emotion, and comedy. But then I started to question and think about things and it’s not so great 😂. Good movie tho, not so good Star Wars movie

Still till this day top 3 Star Wars moments are the arena scenes. Loved it

I watched 7 once and was like this is a dumb rehash of ANH. 9 was fun to watch in theaters but the story isn't great. The movie also introduces too many wierd things. The whole force teleporting thing was dumb. Why couldn't all the other powerful Jedi do that in the PT.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Can’t be condescending and say things like DUH and can’t even get it right 😂😂😂 please watch episode 3

Ive watched all movies multiple times

I can't help you dude. We are interpreting the same movies in polar opposite ways.

I guess that's what makes the world so interesting 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can't help you dude. We are interpreting the same movies in polar opposite ways.

When did palp run away from yoda? That you can help me on. Because I’m not sure we are talking about the same movie?
  • Moojammin_10
    2865 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Can’t be condescending and say things like DUH and can’t even get it right 😂😂😂 please watch episode 3

When did palp run away from yoda? That you can help me on. Because I’m not sure we are talking about the same movie?

Watch it again without your beer goggles on

Palps tries to run at the start. Then half way through.

Then at the end Yoda falls off and they are disengaged... Duel over.

The only running came from palpatine.

So Palps ran away? Did their fight never happen?! LOL. He tries to run ONE time in the BEGINNING and then actually fights yoda Incase you missed that part. THEN he doesn’t try to run at all, he threw senate car thingys at yoda and then his lightning gets absorbs from yoda and sends yoda falling, then yoda decides to FLEE the duel. Yoda could’ve easily stayed but decided to FLEE.

Maybe you need just REGULAR glasses on 😂😂😂

So Palps ran away? Did their fight never happen?! LOL. He tries to run ONE time in the BEGINNING and then actually fights yoda Incase you missed that part. THEN he doesn’t try to run at all, he threw senate car thingys at yoda and then his lightning gets absorbs from yoda and sends yoda falling, then yoda decides to FLEE the duel. Yoda could’ve easily stayed but decided to FLEE.

from what I see duel is over.. neithrr flee at the end.. it's just finished...
    Ok shall we agree to disagree here?

It's been fun though thanks

Yoda retreats from the area of battle while palp stays. The definition of flee but all good. Prescriptions are expensive

Yoda retreats from the area of battle while palp stays. The definition of flee but all good. Prescriptions are expensive

Palps is still there is he?

Well the next scene you see is palp and blue horn guy STILL in the senate room LOOKING for the one that fled...

Well the next scene you see is palp and blue horn guy STILL in the senate room LOOKING for the one that fled...

Ahhh... Ok.. sorry maybe I misunderstood.

Did Yoda flee the situation after he disengages with Palpatine?.. of course he does. The window of opportunity to kill him had gone. The place is teaming with jedi hostile clone troopers. It would be madness to hang around there.. so of course he gets out...

Does he flee fighting Palatine?... absolutely not. Is palpatine scared stiff of him.. yep. But he has his new gang with him dont he.

• OoiiHooked_22
    4347 posts Member
    edited January 4
    Can’t be condescending and say things like DUH and can’t even get it right 😂😂😂 please watch episode 3

Ahhh... Ok.. sorry maybe I misunderstood.

Did Yoda flee the situation after he disengages with Palpatine?.. of course he does. The window of opportunity to kill him had gone. The place is teaming with jedi hostile clone troopers. It would be madness to hang around there.. so of course he gets out...

Does he flee fighting Palatine?... absolutely not. Is palpatine scared stiff of him.. yep. But he has his new gang with him dont he.

So yoda walks in there without a care in the world, but at that very moment he’s scared of clones that are no where in sight?! Cmon man, you’re slipping. The window never left, he could’ve grabbed his saber and went for round 2, you know, for the reason he went there, to kill the emperor. But he chooses to run, hence the scene with Bail when he SAYS: “failed have I, into exile I must go”.

When does palp try to run halfway through? And where are the clones when yoda falls down? Lens crafters has sales a lot