criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rian Johnson > JJ Abrams lets discuss

Replies

• AoC romance scenes get way too much hate. AoC is better than people say.

Ehh The Romance scenes are pretty bad dude. The writing is terrible the movies only saving grace is the great actors and the action at the end

Can’t relate 🤷🏻‍♂️. The love scenes were needed and they show anakins immaturity. They make sense to me and I don’t get the bad writing, any examples?

"I hate sand" is one of the all time funniest romantic monologues, and very unintentionally...and then Padme stops his extremely awkward advance dead in its tracks :D

pretty much all Anakin dialogue in the prequels is poorly written and horribly acted by Jake & Hayden, or as I call them the Oscar Twins

I hate sand was him talking about his memory of being a slave because his planet was all sand. Plus he used that to be able to touch padme. One would call that smooth lol. Why do I need to describe flirting to you lol, cmon now. Then she realizes she shouldn’t be doing it, so she gets out of the mood.

It was obvious flirting and it worked LOL, not much to flirt about in Star Wars. Hayden was great, your opinion is lacking

:D okay man that scene birthed a million memes making fun of it for its horrendous acting and dialogue...but in your humble opinion, "smooth"
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's

Ehh The Romance scenes are pretty bad dude. The writing is terrible the movies only saving grace is the great actors and the action at the end

Can’t relate 🤷🏻‍♂️. The love scenes were needed and they show anakins immaturity. They make sense to me and I don’t get the bad writing, any examples?

"I hate sand" is one of the all time funniest romantic monologues, and very unintentionally...and then Padme stops his extremely awkward advance dead in its tracks :D

pretty much all Anakin dialogue in the prequels is poorly written and horribly acted by Jake & Hayden, or as I call them the Oscar Twins

I hate sand was him talking about his memory of being a slave because his planet was all sand. Plus he used that to be able to touch padme. One would call that smooth lol. Why do I need to describe flirting to you lol, cmon now. Then she realizes she shouldn’t be doing it, so she gets out of the mood.

It was obvious flirting and it worked LOL, not much to flirt about in Star Wars. Hayden was great, your opinion is lacking

:D okay man that scene birthed a million memes making fun of it for its horrendous acting and dialogue...but in your humble opinion, "smooth"

Lmao Sorry Hooked but your flat out wrong here. I can think of 2 awful quotes off the top of my head that are memes

I don't like sand
    Are you saying love has blinded you

6oqnmj5cyo23.jpeg

Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Lmao Sorry Hooked but your flat out wrong here. I can think of 2 awful quotes off the top of my head that are memes

I don't like sand
    Are you saying love has blinded you

6oqnmj5cyo23.jpeg

I can’t agree with y’all. ALL of Star Wars is a meme lol. Again, the sand part was flirting to get to touch her, which led to kissing her, which led to the start of their romance. I’ve seen worse lol. I’ll never understand the hate 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • So all the shots of Anakin and padme on tatoinne In 2 are bad? The shots of Anakin and padme on courasont In 3 are bad? The Naboo shots in 2 are bad? Cmon...
  • yes, they are all very bad (but fun to watch if you are a connoisseur of bad acting)
  • yes, they are all very bad (but fun to watch if you are a connoisseur of bad acting)

That’s your point of view then 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't say the shots are bad .. the actual shots are mainly beautiful. Its when the actors have to move or open their mouths is when it all goes wrong.

I wouldn't say the shots are bad .. the actual shots are mainly beautiful. Its when the actors have to move or open their mouths is when it all goes wrong.

Lucas (or his DP) uses very pedestrian framing in his movies, and the prequels are further marred by overuse of CGI which hasn't dated all that well. (In AOTC it's even worse: the digital cameras he used were not very high resolution and the images were noticeably fuzzy on the big screen. This was a very big mistake on Lucas' part, and his reasons for shooting digital indicate he got bad advice or trusted the technology way more than he should have.)

I can't think of a single shot in the prequels that is remarkable. It's just there. To a large extent this is Lucas' style, he likes very straightforward and functional shots, but I wouldn't call any of them "beautiful" or even "exciting". He's just not that type of filmmaker. One of the biggest improvements in Empire is that Kershner took visual quality up several notches--some of the most iconic Star Wars images come from that movie.

The prequels acting of course takes things straight into the ground.

I can't think of a single shot in the prequels that is remarkable.

tumblr_pleiliwovp1wt2fwm_540.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo
    17100 posts Member
    yes, they are all very bad (but fun to watch if you are a connoisseur of bad acting)

Lucas (or his DP) uses very pedestrian framing in his movies, and the prequels are further marred by overuse of CGI which hasn't dated all that well. (In AOTC it's even worse: the digital cameras he used were not very high resolution and the images were noticeably fuzzy on the big screen. This was a very big mistake on Lucas' part, and his reasons for shooting digital indicate he got bad advice or trusted the technology way more than he should have.)

I can't think of a single shot in the prequels that is remarkable. It's just there. To a large extent this is Lucas' style, he likes very straightforward and functional shots, but I wouldn't call any of them "beautiful" or even "exciting". He's just not that type of filmmaker. One of the biggest improvements in Empire is that Kershner took visual quality up several notches--some of the most iconic Star Wars images come from that movie.

George used cgi straight out of the box in the PT, and was one of the 1st to use it. It took a few years for it to be refined.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy wrote: »
    yes, they are all very bad (but fun to watch if you are a connoisseur of bad acting)

"if it's a dance fight you want, dance fight you'll get" :D

it looks like two boyfriends fighting over who gets to hold the flashlight...and the entire fight scene it's part of really plumbs the depths of absurd fight choreography

Yea that's fair to be honest.

Maybe he should have just stuck with the way they created special effects for the OT. They were great, and no CGI, so more realistic.

it looks like two boyfriends fighting over who gets to hold the flashlight...and the entire fight scene it's part of really plumbs the depths of absurd fight choreography

hahaha! ye.... instantly comes to mind the part of the fight where they both wiggle their lightsabers aggressively in front of each other, making no contact, for no reason or no point .... I laugh at that every time.
  • 2000sGuy
    6013 posts Member
    edited January 16
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Maybe. I will say the 1st 2/3 of the fight is really good, but towards the end it does drag on

If you have the time id recommend you watch this

I might be in prequel defender mode but this guys unbiased towards em.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo wrote: »

George used cgi straight out of the box in the PT, and was one of the 1st to use it. It took a few years for it to be refined.

CGI had been around for awhile (there's no such thing as "straight out of the box" effects), but Lucas went overboard and seemed more interested in what he could do (replace entire sets, clutter the screen with digital noise) than with the shot composition, which suffers...the special editions have been frequently mocked for this

in fact the prequels made such a negative impression in this regard that they launched a counter-movement toward a return to practical effects, which JJ Abrams himself made much of when The Force Awakens came out (unfortunately he also went ahead and mimicked Lucas by hiring actors who need on set coaches to read their lines)
  • A sequel to an already established ending should’ve never happened. Star Wars movies should be about other parts of the galaxy.
  • A sequel to an already established ending should’ve never happened. Star Wars movies should be about other parts of the galaxy.
    What Lucasfilm is doing now is the same thing they were doing with the old EU, yet nobody had a problem with that.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • that video is a good breakdown and I agree it's a pretty decent fight with a few glaring excesses, but it's too long and ends on a kind of silly note (I also think the Palpatine-Yoda fight is too long and anticlimactic, unlike the Mace-Palpatine fight)

there is a video out there comparing the fighting styles between OT and prequels that is also interesting, the OT had more traditional European swordsmanship in it and in the prequels it is more Asian influenced and balletic (showy)

in terms of visual quality I think it's hard to top Empire, maybe one of the best filmed fight scenes I've seen for the amount of dramatic energy it builds up from beginning to end
  • that video is a good breakdown and I agree it's a pretty decent fight with a few glaring excesses, but it's too long and ends on a kind of silly note (I also think the Palpatine-Yoda fight is too long and anticlimactic, unlike the Mace-Palpatine fight)

there is a video out there comparing the fighting styles between OT and prequels that is also interesting, the OT had more traditional European swordsmanship in it and in the prequels it is more Asian influenced and balletic (showy)

in terms of visual quality I think it's hard to top Empire, maybe one of the best filmed fight scenes I've seen for the amount of dramatic energy it builds up from beginning to end

Yea that guy has an analysis for the TLJ throne room fight and soon he’ll come out with a Vader vs Luke analysis I’d recommend a subscribe

I actually think the yoda palpatine fight is rather short, but its ending is somewhat unsatisfying (yoda falls and just gives up). I heard someone say that it woulda been cool if yoda went throughout the prequels not needing a cane but when he fights Palpatine he gets wounded and needed one. Woulda been pretty cool

But like I said the last 3rd of the Ani Obi fight I barely rewatch, but Lucas wanted a long drawn out fight so I guess it was inevitable
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • ROMG4
    4730 posts Member

I might be in prequel defender mode but this guys unbiased towards em.

Ahaha! A fellow Shad fan!
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg

hahaha! ye.... instantly comes to mind the part of the fight where they both wiggle their lightsabers aggressively in front of each other, making no contact, for no reason or no point .... I laugh at that every time.

Yeah, i don't understand that pointless scene... when i was watching ROTS one time, my brother said..... "Andddd, what was the point of that?" Which is exactly what i felt like when i watched that dumb scene, it's like two brothers saying, i can spin mine faster than yours, then they finally decide to actually parry sabers. :D
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Also a big fan of TPM, better by miles than anything post GL. Out of the 3 prequels it used the least amount of CGI and more on set/location and models. Looks great, sounds great, has some of the best LS fights and coolest characters(Maul and QuiGon), of all SW movies imo.

CGI was brand new at the time.

Yep, and from reading it sounds like it was GL’s new hobby, he used it even when he didn’t have to and seemed infatuated with it, although the Blu-ray versions look great for most scenes.

Don’t watch DR/Rey then, she’s awful. Only issues I had with the prequels was some of the cringe dialogue, although it’s as bad and sometimes worse in TROS and TFA. Difference being the sequels exceed the dialogue for being awful imo.
  • bfloo
    17100 posts Member

Don’t watch DR/Rey then, she’s awful. Only issues I had with the prequels was some of the cringe dialogue, although it’s as bad and sometimes worse in TROS and TFA. Difference being the sequels exceed the dialogue for being awful imo.

The OT had terrible dialogue too. It is just a Star Wars thing.

h846398gb27k.png

• Its easy to pick apart the prequels for its aesthetics (dialogue, acting, effects) but those are just strawmen arguments and mean little, as Star Wars isnt solely movies anymore. With this in mind, the story and lore of the prequels can be enjoyed if it were in a different format like a comic, novel, or animated series and everything holds up.

Now where the sequels can hold up on the surface level, they spectacularly fail in terms of the deeper themes and lore. Keep the story of the sequels without any changes and translate it into a different medium and you still get convoluted, incoherent, mish-mashed rubbish of a story from a world building, character development , and lore aspect

That’s why I’ll still take the prequels over the sequels anyday. One can be redeemed and the other is lost
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • ROMG4
    4730 posts Member
    Its easy to pick apart the prequels for its aesthetics (dialogue, acting, effects) but those are just strawmen arguments and mean little, as Star Wars isnt solely movies anymore. With this in mind, the story and lore of the prequels can be enjoyed if it were in a different format like a comic, novel, or animated series and everything holds up.

Now where the sequels can hold up on the surface level, they spectacularly fail in terms of the deeper themes and lore. Keep the story of the sequels without any changes and translate it into a different medium and you still get convoluted, incoherent, mish-mashed rubbish of a story from a world building, character development , and lore aspect

That’s why I’ll still take the prequels over the sequels anyday. One can be redeemed and the other is lost

The prequels had a soul they were the work of someone who truly cared about what he was doing. A person that wanted to leave an impact on cinema and help the craft of movie making

The Sequel Trilogy is like a pixie stick made of bootleg sugar it looks pretty

But it no taste good and it is completely bitter and hollow
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Its easy to pick apart the prequels for its aesthetics (dialogue, acting, effects) but those are just strawmen arguments and mean little, as Star Wars isnt solely movies anymore. With this in mind, the story and lore of the prequels can be enjoyed if it were in a different format like a comic, novel, or animated series and everything holds up.

The prequels had a soul they were the work of someone who truly cared about what he was doing. A person that wanted to leave an impact on cinema and help the craft of movie making

And thats not represented any better than Rey: a hollow character with no motivation for doing things other than plot and has no personality as a protagonist

Luke is light hearted and loyal to his friends, with a flaw being naivety
    Anakin is good hearted but flawed through his overconfidence and willingness to be dark
    Rey is good at things and uh....Her characters gonna age horribly

1 thing I liked in TLJ is when Luke asked who are you and why are you here and shes just like ¯\_(:/)_/¯
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    ROMG4 wrote: »

And thats not represented any better than Rey: a hollow character with no motivation for doing things other than plot and has no personality as a protagonist

Anakin is good hearted but flawed through his overconfidence and willingness to be dark

1 thing I liked in TLJ is when Luke asked who are you and why are you here and shes just like ¯\_(:/)_/¯

I am not sure about that ... Rey battles the Dark Side in TLJ and RoS. I agree it could have been done better but could have also been done a lot worse.

I also think Daisy Ridley did a brilliant job with the script as well.... particularly in TLJ
  • ROMG4
    4730 posts Member

Rey is quite literally the polar oppisite of anakin. You know I see constantly people disparging the whole chosen one prophecy feeling it makes the series stunted or anakin too "perfect" somehow

The entire point of the prequel trilogy was to showcase Anakin as a character that truly always meant well but was flawed

He gets yelled out, he lies, he dabbles with the dark side constantly, he was a slave, he's super awkward, he disobeys orders, and he's reckless and far too hasty which bites him in the butt constantly

Rey never EVER suffers drawbacks she practically never even gets hit with a slap on the wrist. Anakin is essentially Boromir a character that wanted to save his world and people but became overwhelmed by the evil of a device

Which he would then later sacrifice himself to save his friends and Frodo just as Vader saved Luke

Rey, whats her relation is there any archetype she could be compared to that's interesting?
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • ExtractionFan69
    823 posts Member
    edited January 17
    bfloo wrote: »

The OT had terrible dialogue too. It is just a Star Wars thing.

I think the OT dialogue is serviceable, at least in the first two movies. Kasdan helped a lot (sadly none of his expertise came in handy in the Disney movies he worked on). It helps that in those movies you have some bona fide great actors and Lucas was still heavily influenced by his film school peers like Coppola, Milius, etc., not to mention Marcia Lucas probably had a much better ear for dialogue than George ever did. As time goes on he gets worse and worse because those influences faded into the background.

People forget that George Lucas was very close with Coppola and the others--he was the original director picked for Apocalypse Now and was going to shoot it in black and white as a dark comedy. Hard to believe that our boy George was that much of a wild man! Star Wars and the instant success really changed him, mostly for the worse as an artist.
  • ExtractionFan69
    823 posts Member
    edited January 17

I basically agree with this. The prequels have an interesting story fighting to get out, the sequels are pure corporate greed that has no point other than brand maintenance and being a step in Disney's plan to own 80% of the box office in any given year.

I am not sure about that ... Rey battles the Dark Side in TLJ and RoS. I agree it could have been done better but could have also been done a lot worse.

I also think Daisy Ridley did a brilliant job with the script as well.... particularly in TLJ

I think Daisy Ridley is cute and all, but she was born to play "best friend's girlfriend" who has at most seven lines of dialogue.

I think Daisy Ridley is cute and all, but she was born to play "best friend's girlfriend" who has at most seven lines of dialogue.

Hmm.. ok. A little unfair I feel though

to put it in context, young Mark Hamill would be "best friend", although I wouldn't give him a lot more dialogue either

to put it in context, young Mark Hamill would be "best friend", although I wouldn't give him a lot more dialogue either

Oh ok yes I understand your point I think. Still very unfair... I think we are going to have to just disagree on this one.
  • 2000sGuy
    6013 posts Member
    edited January 17

First off nothing against Ridley. I dont think she’s good or bad as i usually dont criticize acting

As for Rey flirtling with the dark side it just feels kind of baseless. Like Rey is a blank slate and she could go to dark or light, but she stays on the light for no particular reason. In TLJ when Kylo offered his hand, theres no real reason she should had refused it. Her and Kylo seemed to have become acquainted through finger touching, Luke was a **** to her and literally explained the flaws of the jedi, she would have alot more opportunities with the dark. And shes not particularly close to anyone with the resistance so thats not a factor, maybe finn but hes clearly an afterthought to her. TLJ shoulda had her turn dark, maybe channel her fear and hate from her prents abandoning her.
    But no lets be predictable and keep her on the light because Rey good bad guys bad

Anakin had a good reason to flirt with the dark side: for power, his strong emotions of his loved ones and his past.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo
    17100 posts Member

Dasit never really got bashed for her portrayal. Rey was just terribly written, which falls on JJ.

h846398gb27k.png

I don't know about that.... the PT was pretty bad, just terrible, the only one i found good was ROTS.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • ROMG4
    4730 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    I don't know about that.... the PT was pretty bad, just terrible, the only one i found good was ROTS.
    Yet your name is Grievous15
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

The Prequel Trilogy had ideas it was made with good intentions. Clunky as it might be in many ways it makes it far better than a lot of the movies nowadays

Because at least it tried to do something different to give the franchise new narrative paths

Also for everyone talking about Anakin having bad lines

You realize he was a slave child in the desert for his childhood and then spent 10 years in a order that demands you be very emotionally reserved, always keep yourself isolated from the wider stuff

I mean for pete's sake the council was mad at him in TPM for just being a little afraid and he was just a little kid in a strange situation
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • bfloo
    17100 posts Member
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

The Prequel Trilogy had ideas it was made with good intentions. Clunky as it might be in many ways it makes it far better than a lot of the movies nowadays

Because at least it tried to do something different to give the franchise new narrative paths

You realize he was a slave child in the desert for his childhood and then spent 10 years in a order that demands you be very emotionally reserved, always keep yourself isolated from the wider stuff

I mean for pete's sake the council was mad at him in TPM for just being a little afraid and he was just a little kid in a strange situation

Anakin was actually portrayed very well. He was an arrogant teen acting like a top high school athlete and being around the Jedi he had no social skills. Obi Wan was an exception having people skills.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    4730 posts Member
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

Anakin was actually portrayed very well. He was an arrogant teen acting like a top high school athlete and being around the Jedi he had no social skills. Obi Wan was an exception having people skills.

And that's only because Qui-Gon wasn't a weirdo like the other masters were during the PT

Seriously it's totally fitting dialogue that he would act and sound like this. The characters even bring it up in the movie itself, honestly one of the most misunderstood aspects of the movies
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • bfloo
    17100 posts Member
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

And that's only because Qui-Gon wasn't a weirdo like the other masters were during the PT

Seriously it's totally fitting dialogue that he would act and sound like this. The characters even bring it up in the movie itself, honestly one of the most misunderstood aspects of the movies

Obi Wan in TPM was kind of the same way, he just told a few jokes.

h846398gb27k.png

ncteyvjeq8r01.png

Absolutely loved QuiGon and he was the coolest Master to date, the others were overrated cowards in many ways imo, more like cultists that didn’t want self thought. Personally loved the prequels just as I did the OT.

I do agree there’s a few cringe lines but no where near what’s usually perceived. Many people I know that bagged on it and didn’t even know why, just said the same tired rinse repeat lines like most,. bad dialogue/acting.

Imo it was more of the cool thing to do than the right thing to do at the time, especially if your weren’t a kid. Reminds me of why people buy iPhones and claim they’re the best but have no idea why or why not. It’s simply because that’s what everyone else does.

Imo there were a lot of 40-50 year man kids that hated on it back in the day,...when they were in fact kids themselves when the OT released. Again all my opinion.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited January 18
    It's moments like this that I miss the LOL button the most xD

I'll just say that I absolutely hated episode 8, and while I did find episode 7 and 9 disappointing, they were still alot better than 8. Let's be honest though, this trilogy was doomed from the beginning, as soon as they decided on different directors and writers for all 3 movies. There is a total lack of cohesion as a result of that decision, Rian ruined stuff that JJ set up with 7, then JJ ruined stuff that Rian set up with 8 (though I'm glad he did since I hated 8).

It certainly doesn't help that Disney decided to make the sequel trilogy a "passing the torch to a new generation" thing, instead of making the original trilogy characters the main focus of the sequel trilogy, with new characters appearing but taking on a somewhat lesser role. I think that most fans, when they thought of the sequel trilogy back when George first started teasing it, thought it would be focused on the OT characters primarily, just older versions of them. Disney didn't deliver on that expectation at all though, we didn't even get to see Chewie, Luke, Leia, Han, and Lando on screen at the same time.
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

Yes, of course the PT introduced some good things, but the films themselves were just terrible, just like if someone say liked Poe from the ST, but didn't really like the ST as films. Anakin was just a bad actor and that's it...... even Lucas thought so, that's why he doesn't use the same actor in the clone wars show because so many found him so whiny.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

Yes, of course the PT introduced some good things, but the films themselves were just terrible, just like if someone say liked Poe from the ST, but didn't really like the ST as films. Anakin was just a bad actor and that's it...... even Lucas thought so, that's why he doesn't use the same actor in the clone wars show because so many found him so whiny.

The chosen one prophecy was just a sloppy idea, really didn't make any balance but just imbalance, because fans just argue about what balance is, and really no one really knows, because destroying the Sith, or just destroying one sith does not bring balance, it brings more and more imbalance, just for the sith to return again literally every time, but then someone else has a different view of balance, that it's just the galaxy has to be all light sided. So really there's no balance what so ever, all thanks to the sloppily thought out chosen one prophecy. They could've came up with something better, it all just seems like one contradiction after the next in every film.

The one thing i didn't like about TPM was that there was no back story or anything to Girevous or Dooku, Grievous was just as bad as Phasma being killed off, with any explanation of who she was, there's a book of who she was, but not everyone reads books all the time..... on the other hand, there is no book about Grievous' back story, hech, Phasma was at least in two films, Grievous lived for thirty minutes, sure he was later seen in a few episodes in the clone wars, same with Dooku, in which people expected the clone wars show to go into both Grievous' and Dooku's back stories... but it didn't for who knows why, i was even reading some people even don't like the clone show, do to the fact that it didn't really go into the character's stories, maybe into Ventress's, but that's it.

The clone wars should've gone into Obi-wan's and Mace's back stories too, but no, Obi-wan's home planet and his family are still shrouded in mystery, at least Mace appeared in a comic book as a padawan, but that's about it for his as well..... there really was no proper character build for most of the characters in the PT.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Whoops, i didn't mean to put TPM, i meant ROTS in the first sentence of the second paragraph.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

yes well if your main character acts and talks like this, you need a new main character :D
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    ncteyvjeq8r01.png

Might wanna research that a bit. DR aka Rey wins the Grammy for bad wooden acting, not to mention imo the most gosh awful character in the ST. JJ even mentioned DR’s wooden acting, doesn’t matter though, acting and story was never his or Disneys’s intention for the ST.
  • @ROMG4 did a great job this thread. Took most of my thought right out of my head.