criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Spoiler free opinions about the film

I really enjoyed it and can't see where all the bad reviews are coming from. Not it wasn't perfect and there was a lot of obvious fan service but it was definitely better than the last jedi

Replies

• What are the communities opinions? Please use spoiler tags if necessary
  • It deffinately felt more epic than TLJ.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Nicky2face
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Visually far superior in my opinion. I need to rewatch RoS but the last jedi just left me scratching my head. For the record I'm a fan of ALL the movies
  • bfloo
    16811 posts Member
    Fan reception has generally been pretty good.

It wasn't great, but it was mostly enjoyable.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Nicky2face wrote: »
    Visually far superior in my opinion. I need to rewatch RoS but the last jedi just left me scratching my head. For the record I'm a fan of ALL the movies

Rewatching it only makes it better
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Surprised too by the bad reviews and cinema score. I thought it was enjoyable. They didn’t go into great detail explaining a lot and there was quite a bit of fan service but I think it deserves better.
  • mellowshipslinkyb
    927 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree, the reviews are ****. Rotten Tomatoes scored it 2% better than The Phantom Menace (53%/55%). It scored The Last Jedi 91%. LOL.

Audience reviews give it 86% so far, with 100,000 reviews counted. That’s by far the biggest difference between audience and critic reviews in the franchise, and it’s unusual to see a disparity that large.
  • I really enjoyed it, not the best of all the films, but thoroughly enjoyable
  • Saw it Thursday night, definitely enjoyed it, although I need to give it a re-watch or 2
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Loved it. I’m 52 and saw ANH in a small theatre when it came out. Been an awesome 42 year journey. Have loved all 9 movies, Solo and R1.

I’m not a casual fan in the least, and am caught up with all the canon novels and comics, and the way they have tied all of this together with nods to the TV shows and even some of the Legends stuff has been great. I think a lot of the stuff people are griping about have been dealt with in the non-movie novels/comics/TV shows (even the campaign in this game).

Not going to change minds with this comment, obviously, but if you’re caught up with the canon you don’t have much to complain about.

In short, have seen it three times, and will go at least another couple times. Loved it.
  • I enjoyed it, even though I came in to it with very little interest other than to laugh at it if it failed. Kylo was my favorite throughout the movie and Rey was written FAR better than the other two movies imo. Unfortunately there were a ton of pacing issues and things with little to no explanation (partially due to TLJ tying up a lot of things and ignoring others.)
  • It's really odd how there is such a difference between critical and fan responses to ROS. A lot of critics seem to be saying that it has undone or contradicted TLJ, which a lot of critics liked because it took a different direction. Whereas a lot of fans thought it was ridiculous and 'not star wars'.

My personal view was that TLJ was an awful film until the final battle of Crait. I sat in the cinema wishing it would just end. Whereas ROS flew by and had some genuinely great moments. There are many flaws but, given my expectations, I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Batman20
    2598 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I enjoyed it answered most of the unanswered questions had plenty of action and was great having lando back. It also felt like a proper sequel to the force awakens something the last jedi didn't fell like and rey was a better character in this film. My only issues are that they rushed through alot and didn't really properly explain some stuff
  • ROMG4
    4146 posts Member
    This film could have finally given us the legendary Darth Jar Jar reveal we've all been wanting since TFA and they could have had Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian help Rey fight him

It could have been awesome
    tenor.gif?itemid=13754250

They did not
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • Great movie and finally Rey was better character than before and not so much Mary Sue character anymore. It was best movie of the sequels and great ending of Skywalker saga.