criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Is this forum "worth" It?

Hello, there

Just look up the SFA que MEMP threads. We got nothing content related. We got 0 attention from Ben or the devs.

I initially thought this forum would be the prime space where Ben and the devs can get un touch with the community. But It seems to me that we are undercared instead reddit and Twitters seems a better way to get involve with DICE.

I al right or not?

Thanks.

Replies

• Nope.

The forums are where you come to:

- rant about off-topic nonsense
    - offer oppressive, personal-opinion-based changes to gameplay to suit only you
    - personally degrade and attack others with valid but contrary opinions
    - tell Dice/Ben/EA to frig off
    - overreact about pretty much everything

Hope this clarifies ❤
  • Lyc4n
    1627 posts Member
    Its also improtant to mention they have adressed sa and ive seen them do it. They just say nothings coming atm but they arent going to say never say never. The devs listen to what the community says but that doesnt mean the put it in straight away.
    Sa obviously doesnt have as much of a player base as their current focus
    A different team helped to make sa not just dice and they arnt working with them atm so they probably cant just make sa content.
  • from what we can see from DICE, there is a pretty substantial player base for more bugs and unbalanced classes
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    Nope.

The forums are where you come to:

- rant about off-topic nonsense
    - offer oppressive, personal-opinion-based changes to gameplay to suit only you
    - personally degrade and attack others with valid but contrary opinions
    - tell Dice/Ben/EA to frig off
    - overreact about pretty much everything

Hope this clarifies ❤

In other words SOP for every other forum concerning gaming.

"For the best argument against forums such as this, one must look no further than a 5 minute conversation with the average gamer" - Winston Churchill
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    But we have the most repetitive threads from things that won't even be included in the game
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!
  • My point here is: is this forum the right tool for engaging devs ir better try to reach them on Twitter/reddit?

It would be very sad if external tools/ways of communication that are not supported by EA are more practical to our porpose.
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    This forum exists so I get to be myself and post weird stuff that will make people laugh!

I think

tumblr_plckykYMVy1tczux5o2_r1_400.gifv
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• Amonraul wrote: »
    My point here is: is this forum the right tool for engaging devs ir better try to reach them on Twitter/reddit?

It would be very sad if external tools/ways of communication that are not supported by EA are more practical to our porpose.
    It is the same as any tool; only as effective as the mind which wields it.

Although, the recent changes to the Search feature do seem to impose some limitations... I have to wonder if that applies to specific account types... Or if it means that information lost is data not to be found again. (Impending removal or just ""tidy""...?)

Twitter doesn't allow for in-depth discussion / explanations with it's character limitations. Reddit... Repels people like me, I guess. Leaving this place an optimal location to express different things. What people do with their time here is akin to what people do with their time anywhere. If people don't have anything constructive to contribute, or if they go about in an unsavory and hostile way... Then they may not get the kind of attention they're looking for. (From observers who already have standards to meet in their agendas...?)

This is just my speculation.

Wknuto!
  • bfloo
    16581 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    This forum exists so I get to be myself and post weird stuff that will make people laugh!

I think

I thought we were here for our quest to get OOM-9 added

6oj4ups6gebz.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

I think

6oj4ups6gebz.png

pu8au96bnt9n.jpg
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    Revan72 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

I think

6oj4ups6gebz.png

pu8au96bnt9n.jpg

3kmttx.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread