criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

rise of Skywalker opinion

okay im making this short since its technically not a post about battlefront 2 i love the move and encourage everyone on this forum to go see it! moderator please close my pose so no spoilers of the movie get put in here thank you.

Replies

• JD25
    274 posts Member
    Liked the movie too not everything but it was good!
  • It got some poor reviews from critics but I, too, recommend people go see it. It's actually a really amazing movie and likely is one of my favorites now.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Dash
    11721 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It's pretty much true that if you Hated TLJ, you'll Love TROS. Without spoiling anything that's honestly how I felt about it. I enjoyed myself while watching it, very fan servicey etc, but it felt extremely rushed, and kinda played tug of war with canon, retcons, experimental concepts, and pulled a lot from legends etc.

I give it a 7.5/10, maybe an 8/10. ESB is still #1 to me. If there's a spoiler friendly post on this I'll go in depth. And I mean "Dash Class Guide in DEPTH". 🤣

Just my two cents.

May the Force be with Us, Always. ☺️
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Agreed 100% recommend, it was truly awesome!
  • Packed with action, introducing so many new things in so little time, very fast paced but yet boring as hell.

From the Star Wars point of view it's even worse, cause it's retconning probably even more than those 2 prievous movies ;v
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    My thoughts on the Sequel Trilogy

UnpleasantWaterloggedHydra-size_restricted.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• bfloo
    16581 posts Member
    I enjoyed it.

It wasn't the train wreck I was expecting.

7/10.

Worth seeing.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Spiito
    2096 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    A few moments can be a little visually painful, but I really enjoyed the movie. There were a lot of funny moments, sad ones, and ones with good messages. I'll be looking forward to movie things being expanded upon in more detail in other materials.

I was just thinking back on one scene and realized it's very similar to one (via dialogue) in Star Trek Deep Space Nine. It felt like being punched right in the feels.
    Wknuto!
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    The worst movie i've ever seen
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    The worst movie i've ever seen

Lol no
  • TLJ, TFA , and TROS are about equally good (bad)
  • I enjoyed it everything felt rushed like palpatines return they never said how he survived how he had all those star destroyers hid away and all the crew. But it had plenty of action it at least give us an explanation for why Rey was so powerful and was a decent conclusion
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it everything felt rushed like palpatines return they never said how he survived how he had all those star destroyers hid away and all the crew. But it had plenty of action it at least give us an explanation for why Rey was so powerful and was a decent conclusion

Fair point, I’m still wondering how she’s connected to palp and where he got everything for the super weapons and just plain HOW HES ALIVE lol.

My biggest gripe was no Anakin as a ghost to appear to Kylo or Rey, more importantly Kylo. Or how he wasn’t even on his own home planet with his kids as a ghost. All in all I did enjoy it more than I thought I would 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Batman20
    2304 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it everything felt rushed like palpatines return they never said how he survived how he had all those star destroyers hid away and all the crew. But it had plenty of action it at least give us an explanation for why Rey was so powerful and was a decent conclusion

Fair point, I’m still wondering how she’s connected to palp and where he got everything for the super weapons and just plain HOW HES ALIVE lol.

My biggest gripe was no Anakin as a ghost to appear to Kylo or Rey, more importantly Kylo. Or how he wasn’t even on his own home planet with his kids as a ghost. All in all I did enjoy it more than I thought I would 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I definitely enjoyed it more than I expected doesn’t deserve the really low ratings on RT I thought it was better than the last Jedi which got like 90odd. I didn’t have a big issue with no anakin force ghost but would have been cool if that had been done. They definitely should have explained all the stuff with palpatine and Rey being related to him better then they did but apart from that I don’t have that much to complain about was cool seeing lando back as well
  • Zach
    557 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Worst Star Wars movie to me. Tried so hard to pander to every fan group that they forgot to actually make a good movie.

Don’t take my word for it though, go Google how the actors themselves feel about it. Boyega and Isaac have been pulling no punches since the release while Adam Driver doesn’t want anything to do with it lol
  • I agree with the sentiments here. Well written, well acted, beautiful scenes. Worth watching definitely.

without any spoilers there are obviously significant story parts that were shot by JJ before Carrie fisher died as part of TFA.... Begs the question even more as to what the hell was Rhian Johnson doing with episode 8.. like..it boggles the mind.
  • Sadly the damage was already done with TLJ, then returned to an equally incompetent director.

Said director had to retcon all that other films garbage and replaced substance with shiny setpieces. Not to mention regulation lensflare.

Even if it wasn't Star Wars it would have watchably mediocre at best.
  • quenaelin
    1112 posts Member
    edited January 4
    Great movie, best sequel trilogy movie, though I didn't like every part. I was surprised how good it was, I wasn't expecting much after Force Awakens and Last Jedi.