criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Anyone Out There A Spiderman Fan? All Things Spidey Thread.

Starmasui73146
1652 posts Member
edited December 2019
I have loved all things Spiderman since I was a boy.

I used to anxiously wait for Spidey to appear on the PBS show Electric Company when I was a toddler in the 1970's.
Electric Company Spiderman 1970's - super childish, mega uber cheesy
Spiderman vs the Prankster

Just to show how dated I am I even remember the Spiderman live action tv show from the 1980's.

Spiderman tv show 1980's theme song

Here's "Spiderman: The Chinese Web" (from the tv show)

Oh and let us not forget the cartoon with Spidey, Iceman and Firestar.
"Spiderman and His Amazing Friends"

Here's some cool nostalgia check out these theme songs from 1967-2018.

My favorite modern day Spiderman movie is the first one by Toby Maquire.

Spiderman the film (Toby Maquire) - Spidey vs bully football player Flash Gordon

The second one was really good as well.
Spiderman 2 (Toby Maquire) - Spidey vs Doc Ock

The first "Amazing Spiderman" (Andrew Garfield) was pretty good too.
Amazing Spiderman - Spidey vs The Lizard

But the sequel Andrew Garfield (playing Spiderman) and Emma Stone (playing Gwen Stacy) were the only actors I thought were exceptional in "Amazing Spiderman 2".

I haven't seen the newest movies from Disney at all yet...

What's your all time favorite Spidey movie?

"Spiderman Into the Spidey Verse" is mine.

This was an amazing film...animated or not the writing was outstanding.

This would be mega cool if they did this...a live action "Spiderman into the Spidey Verse".

Have you read any Spidey comics?

“There is always hope.”
Post edited by Starmasui73146 on

Replies

• Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Looking forward to hearing from you what sort of Spidey adventures you have watched. Have any of you played any Spiderman video games? Chime in...
    “There is always hope.”
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    3kmu3p.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• ImAGr8Panda
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm a huge Spider-man fan, I have read a lot of his older comics and his newer comics too. I have played an old spidey game but there aren't any for PC and I haven't gotten any for my xbox 360 because whenever I go to gamestop they don't have any. I haven't seen any of the older spidey shows, I watched one that was called The Ultimate Spider-Man, I think it started in 2011. I also saw him in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes(2010). I saw Spider-Man into the spider-verse and loved it. I have seen his new movies but not his older ones yet. He is definitely one of my most favorite heroes!
  • I love Spider-man u have ti say he's my favorite Avenger and super hero in general..... plus i would say that Spider-man has some of the coolest villains, Venom being my top #1 favorite and The Green Goblin, The Shocker, and Mysterio get's second, third and fourth place. I think my favorite Spider-man films were the Amazing Spider-man films and Spider-man homecoming and Far from home, oh and Spider-man into the spider-verse.
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    The late 80's, early 90's toons were good.

I enjoyed the tobeyMan trilogy.

I wasn't a huge fan of him in the avengers.

I like him as a stand alone character.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• f0de8c45s6ea.png
    "Somewhere over this horizon sit a million little dictators eager to purge society of its strengths"
    -Mk300mk

• Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    3kmu3p.jpg

Lol. 😂🤣
    I'm a huge Spider-man fan, I have read a lot of his older comics and his newer comics too. I have played an old spidey game but there aren't any for PC and I haven't gotten any for my xbox 360 because whenever I go to gamestop they don't have any. I haven't seen any of the older spidey shows, I watched one that was called The Ultimate Spider-Man, I think it started in 2011. I also saw him in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes(2010). I saw Spider-Man into the spider-verse and loved it. I have seen his new movies but not his older ones yet. He is definitely one of my most favorite heroes!

Yeah seen "The Ultimate Spiderman" very cool. You really need to checkout Toby Maquire's version of Spidey he really nailed it.
    bfloo wrote: »
    The late 80's, early 90's toons were good.

I enjoyed the tobeyMan trilogy.

I wasn't a huge fan of him in the avengers.

I like him as a stand alone character.

Same.
    MK300MK wrote: »
    f0de8c45s6ea.png

Lol, okay.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Yes the first and second Toby Maguire movies were awesome. Second probably better, although I do like a good origin story. The scene with the train was especially great.

Also the start of the amazing spider-man 2 was great. Many of the battles also were cool. Underrated movie imo.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes the first and second Toby Maguire movies were awesome. Second probably better, although I do like a good origin story. The scene with the train was especially great.

Also the start of the amazing spider-man 2 was great. Many of the battles also were cool. Underrated movie imo.

Yeah two was good in parts but the acting was horrid by Rhino (Paul Giamatti), his terrible Russian accent and the stereotyped German mad scientist (Marton Csocas) they ruined the film for me. Just yuck... But yeah the action sequences were fun but not enough to save the film, nor to make me wish to buy a copy of it.

Grievous15 wrote: »
    I love Spider-man I have to say he's my favorite Avenger and super hero in general..... Plus I would say that Spider-man has some of the coolest villains, Venom being my top #1 favorite and The Green Goblin, The Shocker, and Mysterio get's second, third and fourth place.
    Yeah he definitely has awesome villains no doubt.
    Though I still want to see Green Goblin in an actual rubber goblin mask, which has yet to be done on film.
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    I think my favorite Spider-man films were the Amazing Spider-man films and Spider-man homecoming and Far from home, oh and Spider-man into the spider-verse.
    Haven't seen "Home Coming" or "Far From Home" yet. As for "Amazing Spiderman 2" my opinion about it I wrote right above. "Amazing Spiderman" (Andrew Garfield) was fun to be had by all. 😎👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Yes the first and second Toby Maguire movies were awesome. Second probably better, although I do like a good origin story. The scene with the train was especially great.

Yeah two was good in parts but the acting was horrid by Rhino (Paul Giamatti), his terrible Russian accent and the stereotyped German mad scientist (Marton Csocas) they ruined the film for me.

Yeah they weren't very good casting choices. Mainly just the fight scenes and Spider-Man roaming around were the cool parts. Other than that it wasn't the best of them by far.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes the first and second Toby Maguire movies were awesome. Second probably better, although I do like a good origin story. The scene with the train was especially great.

Yeah two was good in parts but the acting was horrid by Rhino (Paul Giamatti), his terrible Russian accent and the stereotyped German mad scientist (Marton Csocas) they ruined the film for me.

Yeah they weren't very good casting choices. Mainly just the fight scenes and Spider-Man roaming around were the cool parts. Other than that it wasn't the best of them by far.

Exactly, it had grand potential though pity Andrew Garfield got fired by Sony after the film wrapped. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone had natural chemistry.
    “There is always hope.”

Exactly it had grand potential though pity Andrew Garfield got fired by Sony.

I actually dislike that guy as an actor haha but I also don't like the new guy either haha Toby Maguire all the way for me.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019

Exactly it had grand potential though pity Andrew Garfield got fired by Sony.

I actually dislike that guy as an actor haha but I also don't like the new guy either haha Toby Maguire all the way for me.

I got used to Garfield's take on Spidey but the ultimate nerd turned hero will always be Maquire by far, he is closest to the comic books. 🙂👍🏼 Even though he had organic webbing instead of a web shooter, I have always felt the organic idea makes more sense.

Sam Rami understood that the story is really about a nerd becoming hero. Something I really related to.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Here's an interest fact...

What would have likely been "Spiderman IV" (starts at 9:17)

What would have likely been "Amazing Spiderman III"

“There is always hope.”
  • I have also read some of the spider man books, my favorite by far is Marvel's SPIDER-MAN: Hostile Takeover, it is the sequel to the spider man Ps4 game, I haven't played the game because I play on pc but the book is one of my favorites, I think it captured the feel of the characters really well and as a reader you really get a good understanding of their character and what their motivations are. If you are a spidey fan then you should definitely check it out, there are a couple parts that are more violent than spider man usually is because it's the villains backstory.
  • he put me behind bars...a fan? not likely
  • I have also read some of the spider man books, my favorite by far is Marvel's SPIDER-MAN: Hostile Takeover, it is the sequel to the spider man Ps4 game, I haven't played the game because I play on pc but the book is one of my favorites, I think it captured the feel of the characters really well and as a reader you really get a good understanding of their character and what their motivations are. If you are a spidey fan then you should definitely check it out, there are a couple parts that are more violent than spider man usually is because it's the villains backstory.

Thanks, what's "Hostile Takeover" about?
    “There is always hope.”

Peter Parker is caught in a complicated web. Working in a cutting-edge laboratory, he's a young scientist who's trying to make a difference. Yet he's constantly burdened by the responsibilities of his second career as the crime-fighting... SPIDER-MAN, Wilson Fisk--the so-called Kingpin of Crime--has returned to New York, establishing himself publicly as an altruistic entrepreneur and philanthropist. Spider-Man knows better, but he can't uncover Fisk's scheme that, if executed, will make the crime lord "too big to fail."When a new threat--a deadly doppelganger with Spider-Man's suit and abilities--wreaks havoc in the streets, can the real wall-crawler prove his innocence? With the clock ticking and lives on the line, can Spider-Man stop the brutal rampage of the Blood Spider? Will Spider-Man fall to his fears and foes, or will he rise and be greater?

This is an edited Synopsis from a site selling it.

Peter Parker is caught in a complicated web. Working in a cutting-edge laboratory, he's a young scientist who's trying to make a difference. Yet he's constantly burdened by the responsibilities of his second career as the crime-fighting... SPIDER-MAN, Wilson Fisk--the so-called Kingpin of Crime--has returned to New York, establishing himself publicly as an altruistic entrepreneur and philanthropist. Spider-Man knows better, but he can't uncover Fisk's scheme that, if executed, will make the crime lord "too big to fail."When a new threat--a deadly doppelganger with Spider-Man's suit and abilities--wreaks havoc in the streets, can the real wall-crawler prove his innocence? With the clock ticking and lives on the line, can Spider-Man stop the brutal rampage of the Blood Spider? Will Spider-Man fall to his fears and foes, or will he rise and be greater?

This is an edited Synopsis from a site selling it.

Wow sounds amazing. 🤗👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    Spidey is my favourite Marvel hero (personally more of a DC fan myself), grew up with the 90s cartoon series and read his comics on and off. Went through a phase of picking up various era graphic novels for Spidey. Tried to pick them up again recently but Marvels storytelling in comics is currently poor. Played the PS1 Spidey and picked up various games including the newest one on PS4 (which I love).

Loved the Toby McGuire films, first Andrew Garfield one is decent, 2nd is meh. Cant get away with the new ones due to them zoning in on the whole 'Stark is my father' type stuff, and it felt like he was more Starks pet project rather than his own hero, although FFH did well to start moving away from that.

Spidey easily has the best villains in Marvel, but it isnt exactly a huge contest (villains are generally bland in Marvel imo). Love Venom, Carnage and Mysterio though. And Shockers pillow costume :joy:
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited January 13
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Spidey is my favourite Marvel hero (personally more of a DC fan myself), grew up with the 90s cartoon series and read his comics on and off. Went through a phase of picking up various era graphic novels for Spidey. Tried to pick them up again recently but Marvels storytelling in comics is currently poor. Played the PS1 Spidey and picked up various games including the newest one on PS4 (which I love).

Loved the Toby McGuire films, first Andrew Garfield one is decent, 2nd is meh. Cant get away with the new ones due to them zoning in on the whole 'Stark is my father' type stuff, and it felt like he was more Starks pet project rather than his own hero, although FFH did well to start moving away from that.
    Agreed.
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Spidey easily has the best villains in Marvel, but it isnt exactly a huge contest (villains are generally bland in Marvel imo). Love Venom, Carnage and Mysterio though. And Shockers pillow costume :joy:
    Venom? So glad they got his look right in his new film. In Spiderman 3 venoms teeth were like thin razor blades and that was not accurate to the older comics. Venom is suppose to have thicker, somewhat rounder sharp teeth and the new film "Venom" nailed it. He looks spot on like the comics.

Spiderman III Venom - Yuck...no wrong.
    o1d28sk9ogol.jpeg

Venom movie Venom - Wooooo, nailed.

tbugmxy2s92c.jpeg

74da8z8hjn9a.jpeg

Wow now Spider Woman, Spiderman and Black Widow VS Doc Ock, Doom and Venom...wow!!! Now I'd sooooo go see that.😎👍🏼

“There is always hope.”