criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

How important is our feedback to EA GAMES?

"How important is our feedback to EA GAMES"?

This is a valid question. Because many, often mentioned, feedbacks are neither commented on nor implemented in the game. Therefore, I wonder to what extent our suggestions are perceived and forwarded to the developers.

I am expecting a public statement from a responsible community person from EA Games.

Thank you very much.

M.

Replies

• YOU HAVE TO USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS TO GET NOTICED, the devs doesn't give a rats **** but I'm pretty sure I'll get Preston on my neck for spouting out caps lock now...lmao. Atleast you get noticed by Preston. Hi Preston. Tell us why the they're careless about our suggestions and feedback on the Battlefront 2 Forums and only respond on Twitter.
  • YOU HAVE TO USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS TO GET NOTICED, the devs doesn't give a rats ***** but I'm pretty sure I'll get Preston on my neck for spouting out caps lock now...lmao. Atleast you get noticed by Preston. Hi Preston. Tell us why the they're careless about our suggestions and feedback on the Battlefront 2 Forums and only respond on Twitter.

I feel dumb for asking but... who the hell is Preston? Lol
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    It almost seems like a better question would be; how much do people care that EA listen to their feedback...
    Other's cannot or won't perceive changes which feedback has impacted.
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito wrote: »
    It almost seems like a better question would be; how much do people care that EA listen to their feedback...
    Other's cannot or won't perceive changes which feedback has impacted.

I do! ;-)
  • Im hoping its enough to inspire the game to be what it was hoped to be and much, much more. I feel this is all disney is going to give us for a very long time as far as this sort of game. I mean i see them giving us another pod racer or story game like fallen, but nothing this immersive and fan embracing as this series and I doubt theyll ever give us a xwing alliance or rogue leader/ squadron again. So, this is truly our only hope for years to come as it seems they just want to give us an all in one experience.

Which I feel if this is the intent, they should give us a hub community and have gameplay branches like this game that take us to group fun like pod racing or speeder racing courses and starfighter missions or operations like simulations and galactic strategic mmo game like that of diablo, xcom or starcraft or home world with ai npc only and Single player mission games where you get to use whet ever and go where ever to achieve your missions in a story like that of fallen or tomb raider and then ofcourse Multiplayer like battlefront where you take only one role in a team efforts. This would resemble the festive immersion like that of disneylands hub to the many lands of the park . I say this cause this seems to be the way games are going to thrive sooner than later.
  • Put it like this, I have sent the devs a message on twitter almost everyday for two years about what I believe is the biggest issue in Offline Arcade mode and it never gets fixed.

In offline arcade Team Battle, anytime you select 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 the friendly A.I. will only spawn and respawn as Assault Class Troopers. The enemy A.I. is always one of each class in 4 vs 4 as well instead of random. There are also major issues with A.I. respawning out of bounds on Jakku.
  • PhilC wrote: »
    Put it like this, I have sent the devs a message on twitter almost everyday for two years about what I believe is the biggest issue in Offline Arcade mode and it never gets fixed.

In offline arcade Team Battle, anytime you select 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 the friendly A.I. will only spawn and respawn as Assault Class Troopers. The enemy A.I. is always one of each class in 4 vs 4 as well instead of random. There are also major issues with A.I. respawning out of bounds on Jakku.

Man there's so many issues with COOP/offline modes that it's actually wild that they still exist. I never knew of that specific issue but I can imagine, it must be super frustrating.
  • "How important is our feedback to EA GAMES"?

This is a valid question. Because many, often mentioned, feedbacks are neither commented on nor implemented in the game. Therefore, I wonder to what extent our suggestions are perceived and forwarded to the developers.

I am expecting a public statement from a responsible community person from EA Games.

Thank you very much.

M.

Not.
  • Yeah, I actually think this is rather like a repressive tolerance forum. They tolerate that we have suggestions. But they're not gonna listen to them. But then again, I think the same goes for any game actually. The playerbase has much less of an influence than it wishes to have.
  • Well seeing as how Vader just got a buff... I'd say not at all............... not surprised though.
  • Michaelp800
    19 posts Member
    edited February 5
    A new update is out now. Only a single map that has long been desired by players, has been added. The rest of the update is again new content.

Existing inconsistencies and wishes of the community were ignored again! What the hell is that about, EA Games and DICE? You are not a good role model for new game development studios. Fortunately, most of them listen to their community!

Please finally take the community more seriously. The shot can quickly backfire.

Michael
    Post edited by Michaelp800 on
  • Jedi_Kat
    34 posts Member
    edited February 5
    Look at the new update and that will answer your question. Granted we got new heroes.... that no one asks for. They choose to use their time to make new animation for some heroes in the selection menu, yet still haven't addressed bugs that have been in the game for 2 years now.

To me it seems like everything they do is for the vocal minority and what they want. Not defending EA, but this is Dice not listening. Look at Fallen Order, people asked for the lightsaber part to be removable and in the next update Respawn showed they were listening and cared.
  • Jedi_Kat wrote: »
    Look at the new update and that will answer your question. Granted we got new heroes.... that no one asks for. They choose to use their time to make new animation for some heroes in the selection menu, yet still haven't addressed bugs that have been in the game for 2 years now.

To me it seems like everything they do is for the vocal minority and what they want. Not defending EA, but this is Dice not listening. Look at Fallen Order, people asked for the lightsaber part to be removable and in the next update Respawn showed they were listening and cared.

... he's somewhat right though. Although I gotta say that the team that works on the animations is most likely not the one out fixing bugs. But yes, I think the time spent here could have been used somewhere else as well
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • unfortunately, a lot of feedback is not good constructive feedback, and what is quality feedback gets lost in the sea of worthless feedback
  • I don't believe they care or read our suggestings much but also I think they still do but the only person here would be the moderator Preston the only way to get noticed is using caps but then your subjected to having your post taken down or altered by him or another moderator.

Also I think this discuession should be in General Chat rather then Suggestions but if a mod didn't say a thing then it must be ok here.
  • Regrettably, they only occasionally comment on threads that tend to not reveal anything, mostly with vague answers like "we'll see" or similar. Once in a blue moon you might get a note about how a hero or mode might be tweaked or not. If you discuss them, or break one of the stone tablet laws of the forum, you get banned or threads closed etc.

I've mentioned in their feedback surveys. They are extremely quick to fire the trigger, yet mysteriously not present when actual on topic discussions and issues are raised. Shame.
  • bfloo
    16772 posts Member
    considering all the buffs and nerfs off of cry threads, they listen too much
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Michaelp800
    19 posts Member
    edited February 12
    bfloo wrote: »
    considering all the buffs and nerfs off of cry threads, they listen too much

They should not listen to the cryers, but to the constructive feedback.
    And leave at least a comment on highly discussed suggestions.
  • I agree with you. I'd hope a mod has read this one by now at least, it is a pretty big thread, there are obviously many people here who wonder about that same topic, yet no reaction. This is not very reassuring...
  • mn7bc0xqlu2m.jpg

Basically true

Thank you very much.

M.

Not much I'd say. Sure lots of "feedbacks and suggestions" are just useless critics, that doesn't help, but others are good and they aren't considered. When you look at the fact that lots asked for new heroes to be included (with Ahsoka, Windu, Ventress among the most requested) and they added 2 balls that nobody asked for...

Thank you very much.

M.

Not much I'd say. Sure lots of "feedbacks and suggestions" are just useless critics, that doesn't help, but others are good and they aren't considered. When you look at the fact that lots asked for new heroes to be included (with Ahsoka, Windu, Ventress among the most requested) and they added 2 balls that nobody asked for...

I think the reasoning behind it was that they saw The Clone Wars has four heros, two of them being very recent, and they wee how the Resistance Era has only two. And so as they're about to release the highly requested different Eras Supremacy, they search on who to add. Poe Dameron is a interesting thought. But, and as far as I know as I havent seen The Rise of Skywalker, there are close to zero First Order villains besides the already included Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma. So they picn BB-9E and BB-8. Both very similar characters on opposite sides.

However, I agree. Both BB-8 and BB-9E are kind of lame and vastly underwhelming compared to the highly requested characters such as Ashoka with Ventress, Jyn with Krennic, etc.
  • SkyJackal wrote: »
    "How important is our feedback to EA GAMES"?

Thank you very much.

M.

I think the reasoning behind it was that they saw The Clone Wars has four heros, two of them being very recent, and they wee how the Resistance Era has only two. And so as they're about to release the highly requested different Eras Supremacy, they search on who to add. Poe Dameron is a interesting thought. But, and as far as I know as I havent seen The Rise of Skywalker, there are close to zero First Order villains besides the already included Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma. So they picn BB-9E and BB-8. Both very similar characters on opposite sides.

However, I agree. Both BB-8 and BB-9E are kind of lame and vastly underwhelming compared to the highly requested characters such as Ashoka with Ventress, Jyn with Krennic, etc.

Let's look into it further

We know they can make two light sside heros active in the resistance era Luke and Leia and add new skins for tthemm because they're in both TFA and Jedi but both are dead, Leia (poor Carrie Fisher) pass away before the movie was released and they didn't killl her off but Luke (Mark Hallmill) wwas killed off using the force to help ben released some anger and help the other's escape crait a heros death he was giving
  • so that's two heros in the game they can have ported to the resistance era
    If not then add Poe Dameron I would love to play as him
    Then add General Hux to the dark side along with Plasma BB 9e and Kylo this will make 4 heros and villains in the Resistance era
  • Claire wrote: »
    so that's two heros in the game they can have ported to the resistance era
    If not then add Poe Dameron I would love to play as him
    Then add General Hux to the dark side along with Plasma BB 9e and Kylo this will make 4 heros and villains in the Resistance era

I think they're trying to avoid reusing characters with exception of Anakin and Vader although some could argue those are different people in themselves. To be honest, I wouldn't want that either personally. I thought about General Hux and that could still be a future possibility, but I think he would be hard to come up with how he works. It would be like adding General Veers to the game. They're both pretty generic, hardly or never fight and would have no reason to be on the battlefront as they are commanders, not fighters. Poe Dameron would be awesome to include and I'd be okay with whoever on the First Order side if it ment we got the man, the myth, the legend, Poe Dameron. But I'm not sure that will happen for a long time.
    I'm not saying BB-8 or BB-9E was their best option, I'm just saying I get it.

• If those modders can do it with limited resources then those Lazy or not caring at EA's Dice studios can make this mods actual things in thee game
  • Claire wrote: »

If those modders can do it with limited resources then those Lazy or not caring at EA's Dice studios can make this mods actual things in thee game

Those on PC already have A Anakin Darth Vader skin

Ahsoka Tano

Captian Rex and Commander Cody

Better death cries like for Grevious

Reworked skills to allow Anakin to throw his light saber

And then the ability to use Kylo if playing on the Resistance Side
  • I vote that modding in BF2 is allowed and also able to be shared and downloaded even via console so everyone can play as Rex Ahsoka Mace Windu or create their own Hero/Villain