criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

The Purge Trooper Commander From Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order In Star Wars Battlefront 2 Yes Or No?

POTATOX
56 posts Member
edited December 2019
* Warning: If you haven't yet played the new videogame "Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order" please do not read on if you do read on that is at your own risk of coming across any new characters introduced to this game or spoilers in this that I might mention in this feedback for Battlefront 2 to EA & DICE thank you for everyone's understanding on this. :)

Purge Trooper Brief Description....

Purge Troopers are a specialized class of Imperial soldier trained and equipped to assist the Sith Lord Darth Vader and the Imperial Inquisitors who are not Sith in hunting down Jedi and other Force-sensitive beings who threaten the Empire.

I have recently played the new videogame called "Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order" and in this new videogame we are introduced to some brand new dark side characters including the Imperial Purge Troopers.
There are 4 different type of Purge Trooper classes in the "Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order'' game to my current knowledge please let me know if there are anymore that I haven't spoken about thanks.
    *Electro Baton Purge Trooper
    *Electro Staff Purge Trooper
    *Electro Hammer Purge
    Trooper
    *Purge Trooper Commander With Blaster Gun

I would really like to see the Purge Trooper Commander added into Star Wars Battlefront 2 as a playable character maybe added as an Infiltrator Reinforcement unit. I personally think that the Purge Trooper Commander being added as an Infiltrator Reinforcement unit would work well with the other playable character units such as the Sith Trooper and the Death Trooper that we have already been introduced to within the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Game. I also think that because the Purge Trooper Commander is the only one out of all four class units to carry a blaster gun it would be better suited to the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game then if the other class units were to be added into the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game.

What do you guys think?

Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below guys thanks to all of you for reading this let's make this happen Purge Trooper Commander in Star Wars Battlefront 2 I say yes please EA & DICE. :)

I found a really interesting video on YouTube made by this channel called Bombastic that goes into a lot of detail and explains about the Purge Troopers in the "Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order" game please take a look guys link is below. :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=w1HKgkS00uM

4h9koqxrikwu.jpg

2exj6vwk2alb.png

Post edited by POTATOX on

Replies

• This would be a good reinforcement class for the Galactic Civil era
    • @MiloSW

Yes exactly I'm in complete agreement with you on this one buddy. :wink::smile:
    • DreamTraveler
      15 posts Member
      edited January 1
      Personally I could see a Purge Trooper reinforcement potentially combining elements from different versions of them. They might have the commander's gun and one of the melee weapons as an ability. (Possibly even multiple weapons with different effects so long as they were distinct from other reinforcements. Given how major a role their melee weapons play with them as jedi hunters they might even be a melee class with a gun as a distinct option or alternate weapon.) In general, they're a class with option as to how you would want to approach designing them I feel.

I would also like to see them get their magnetized boots that help them resist force powers. Beyond that I could also see them maybe having other abilities that allow them to effectively hunt for certain targets, possibly making them included within the Infiltrator class.
    • @DreamTraveler

Yes exactly I'm in complete agreement with you on your comment like I was with @MiloSW comment. :wink::)
    • With this we could also use some magnaguards eh
    • @Threule

Yes quite possibly. :wink:
    • @Threule , @DreamTraveler & @MiloSW

I guess we will all have to wait and see now what EA & Dice do from this feedback. :smile::wink:
    • :smile::smile::smile: Any more comments on this guys please feel free to comment below? :wink:
    • Purge trooper abilities:

primary weapon: semi-auto DC-15LE blaster rifle

left ability: overload, blaster charges up a powerful blaster that does explosive damage, 100 damage to any class if directly hit
      middle ability: electro-staff, replaces primary weapon until retriggered to deactivate and bring back primary weapon. can be replaced with axe or baton which can be unlocked
      right ability: shock grenade
    • Pass.
    • Cyro
      408 posts Member
      Thats a no. those are very exclusive troopers who only appear when it comes down to hunting jedi. they dont parttake in actual battles....
    • Cyro wrote: »
      Thats a no. those are very exclusive troopers who only appear when it comes down to hunting jedi. they dont parttake in actual battles....

I suppose you're right, but it would be fun to play as
    • I like the concept, more akin to a commando droid mixed with arc trooper, conceptually as an infiltrator, they would need to have a scanning ability. so lets theory craft.

Basic Stats

Health 350

Dodges 2

Dodge works like Commando Droids.

Movement Speed (m/s) Default for troopers, (I can only find the movement speed for heroes, i beleve it's 6 or 7 m/s)

Abilities

Left ability- Spike Mine: Drop a mine that automatically triggers when an enemy walks into it's radius, deals 0 damage but stuns for 5 seconds. (this is an attempt to make it somewhat different from lando's and the Arc Trooper's Electric mine)

Middle Ability- Sinister Focus: Enemies within a 20 meter range are revealed to you, you cannot be unbalanced by explosions, charges, or force abilities during this ability. lasts for 15 seconds.

Right Ability- Phase Shift: Switch from Electro-staff to Electro-batons or vice versa.

When using electro-staff, your health pool is increased by 50 (totaling to 400) and your melee attacks have a larger cool down. (note that switching does not give you 50 health, it needs to regenerate first, this is also the default state you spawn in)

When using electro-batons, your speed is increased to 5% faster than that of the average jedi (which is 8 m/s, meaning that you move at 8.4 m/s), and you gain a higher jump. (same as Bossk) and your cool down between melee attacks is reduced.

Melee Damage and Combos

Electro-staff: 70-70-80+knockdown, cooldown between uses, 3.00 seconds to fully recharge (As of right now I cannot find the frame data on melee attacks, so the best I can say is mildly slower than the Commando Droid's Melee attack.)

Electro-batons: 60-60-85+knockdown, cooldown between uses, 2.50 seconds to fully recharge (As of right now I cannot find the frame data on melee attacks, so the best I can say is mildly faster than the Commando Droid's Melee attack)

Weapon

DC-15
      Unzoomed- Full auto, moderate heat generation. (16-10 dmg)
      Zoomed- Semi auto, high heat generation. (45 dmg)
    • Cyro
      408 posts Member
      Mr_Bod10 wrote: »
      Cyro wrote: »

I suppose you're right, but it would be fun to play as

Who cares what some people might like in Battlefront?! just because it exists in Star Wars doesnt mean it should be in BF2! Some might like playing as Darth Malak, Hondo Ohnaka or Pre Viszla. You guys should finally realize that not EVERYTHING belongs into this game!! This is still warfare between 2 sides thats supposed to feel like in a movie, it's not a funny little sandbox like Galaxy of Heroes!
    • DCDT
      190 posts Member
      With all the force users on the battlefront, sending in a few purge troopers would actually make total sense for the empire.