criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

WTF? Rey spin-off after TROS?

I'm just reading this and thinking on a bif F you to original fans. A lot of medias are talking about this:

"New Rey Spin-Off where she trains Jedi but some go into darkness. 5 years after TROS"

Ok, so I have no problems with the sequel trilogy. Yeah, it could have been done otherways, but I'm not mad about Rey Palpatine or Luke being a hermit. Not perfection, not what I would like, but not destructive.

But this??

- First of all. If this is going to be true, then fack Disney and fack KK. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN LUKE'S STORY IN EP VII from the beginning.
- Second of all. This would be a lot of redundant. For the third time, trained Jedi will fall again in the darkside and becoming a huge menace?

What do you think about this supposed spin off?

Replies

• Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    She's the most powerful Jedi ever, i can't imagine what could put in danger to this young girl, she's literally invincible.
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!
  • Hasn't that always been the way of things anyway? Jedi turn to the Dark side? That's how the original Sith began, rogue jedi turned to the Dark side. What do you expect? And of course Disney will try to make as much money as possible.
    "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." - Darth Malak

• Zyder wrote: »
    I'm just reading this and thinking on a bif F you to original fans. A lot of medias are talking about this:

"New Rey Spin-Off where she trains Jedi but some go into darkness. 5 years after TROS"

Ok, so I have no problems with the sequel trilogy. Yeah, it could have been done otherways, but I'm not mad about Rey Palpatine or Luke being a hermit. Not perfection, not what I would like, but not destructive.

But this??

- First of all. If this is going to be true, then fack Disney and fack KK. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN LUKE'S STORY IN EP VII from the beginning.
    - Second of all. This would be a lot of redundant. For the third time, trained Jedi will fall again in the darkside and becoming a huge menace?

Unless Disney is not hiring another actress to play Rey this is 100% false because Daisy Ridley has been saying for three years now that she was not going to be Rey ever again after the new trilogy ended
  • can't wait to see Daisy Ridley unveil a much ballyhooed fourth facial expression
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    She's the most powerful Jedi ever, i can't imagine what could put in danger to this young girl, she's literally invincible.

This is false but I sense sarcasm

But this??

Well i would honestly be fine with this...... they did say that the ST may be over but the character's stories are not just yet. Plus, i would really like to see Rey use that new yellow lightsaber of hers. I doubt that they will turn to the darkside though..... because that would start a whole new trilogy if there was some new sith or something like that. Most likely i could see a couple of these students of hers to start to dabble into the darkside and say they try to confront Rey, and she just either A. fights them and kills them..... or B. she turns them away from the path of the darkside. I would actually be quite interested in this...... maybe Rey runs into say if there were any survivors of Luke's new jedi order or something, but thanks to TLJ there probably were no survivors of Luke's jedi order and Luke's order fell and failed...... according to TLJ.
  • Zyder
    492 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Zyder wrote: »

But this??

Well i would honestly be fine with this...... they did say that the ST may be over but the character's stories are not just yet. Plus, i would really like to see Rey use that new yellow lightsaber of hers. I doubt that they will turn to the darkside though..... because that would start a whole new trilogy if there was some new sith or something like that. Most likely i could see a couple of these students of hers to start to dabble into the darkside and say they try to confront Rey, and she just either A. fights them and kills them..... or B. she turns them away from the path of the darkside. I would actually be quite interested in this...... maybe Rey runs into say if there were any survivors of Luke's new jedi order or something, but thanks to TLJ there probably were no survivors of Luke's jedi order and Luke's order fell and failed...... according to TLJ.

I would prefer no spinoff. There is no story they can create. Finally peace. No hidden armies. No sith. No darkside users. She shouldn't rebuild the Jedi Order since Luke's teachings, but well...

But this??

I would prefer no spinoff. There is no story they can create. Finally peace. No hidden armies. No sith. No darkside users. She shouldn't rebuild the Jedi Order since Luke's teachings, but well...

So should the jedi just die and not continue?
  • Zyder
    492 posts Member

But this??

Yes. If the continue Rey's Story on rebuild the Jedi Order, why cannot be that Luke's Original story on Episode VII, instead what we got? The infinite story on rebuild the order, padawan falls on darkside and destroy all, and back again? No. I prefer no more Sequel Trilogies. The should care now to fill the holes this trilogy gave us: how Palpatine returned, how he got a child, why Rey was abandoned on Jakku, how Snoke got the leadership of First Order, Palpatine's Resurrection, the Sith Eternal, his whole scheme, Luke's journey, Kylo origins...

And maybe later, they can bring the Yuuzan Vhong invasion.
  • bfloo
    16581 posts Member

But this??

Yes. If the continue Rey's Story on rebuild the Jedi Order, why cannot be that Luke's Original story on Episode VII, instead what we got? The infinite story on rebuild the order, padawan falls on darkside and destroy all, and back again? No. I prefer no more Sequel Trilogies. The should care now to fill the holes this trilogy gave us: how Palpatine returned, how he got a child, why Rey was abandoned on Jakku, how Snoke got the leadership of First Order, Palpatine's Resurrection, the Sith Eternal, his whole scheme, Luke's journey, Kylo origins...

And maybe later, they can bring the Yuuzan Vhong invasion.

They explained why Rey was left on Jakku.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

EVery Jedi live in Rey now, it's canon.
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!

She also died. Anakin, yoda > rey. They gave their power...and she still died. They don’t live in her lol.

But this??

That's Disney for ya... Just like the baby Yoda. Designed to make money.
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member

She also died. Anakin, yoda > rey. They gave their power...and she still died. They don’t live in her lol.

Qui-Gon Jinn: “Every Jedi who ever lived, lives in you.”
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!

But what I’m saying is they don’t give their power to her. It’s a metaphor because she’s the last “jedi” around.

n6byx1lp0m6s.jpeg
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member

But what I’m saying is they don’t give their power to her. It’s a metaphor because she’s the last “jedi” around.

n6byx1lp0m6s.jpeg

Things can't be in the way you want
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!

n6byx1lp0m6s.jpeg

Things can't be in the way you want

Huh?
  • Well... I loved the last movie and I wish to see this trio again and it's a fantastic news if this rumor is true, but this story may be fake since this was already mentioned in a Luke flashback in The Last Jedi (if I remember), so doing another story about the same story is a bit weird… Hope they find another original story.
    tumblr_nmx5rwJMgv1sjw1w1o1_500.gif

Technically since she has ALL of the Jedi it does make the the most powerful one. She beat palps and even Yoda couldn't do that
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• bfloo
    16581 posts Member

Technically since she has ALL of the Jedi it does make the the most powerful one. She beat palps and even Yoda couldn't do that

Palps was ancient.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

They way I took that scene was they gave her their life force to live, since she was effectively dead when she was on the ground, then she used what they gave her and she completed her task, and died. I assume that power doesn’t stay there or she wouldn’t have died, so once she case back she was just Rey.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4994 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Thread closed due to profanity/swearing. OP, you perfectly know that it's against the forum rules. Please refrain from using profanity in the next time.

Thanks!
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!