criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

If you quit in the middle of HvV/game

Prev1345
TjPunx
1656 posts Member
You should be banned. First time 24 hours, 2,3,4.th time 48 hours, and 10+ for a month or longer

Replies

• It sure is annoying and I wish there was some inconvenient "timeout" period for habitual quitters. But I get booted out of matches frequently outside of my control and when it happens I'm sure my teammates assume I bailed.
  • Fix a couple of game-breaking bugs, and I’ll consider it.
  • Psy3d
    986 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    CoD:Blops 3 has 24 hour and week ban for repeated quitters. Think month + ban is a bit too much given that a player base is so small.
  • I don't know about banning, but maybe it costs credits to quit HVV? The distinction would have to be made between quitting and server issues, of course.
  • Fix matchmaking, give us a potato boot button, and apply your ban rules to afk's and I'll still probably say nahh.
  • There are so many kids that play this game....and often times for younger kids hvv is what they like because they can be their fav hero the whole time. So if my kid gets bored and quits out, I might pick up the controller and play a round or two.

If they created a ranked queue, sure. But as it is....I have a hard time seeing the value in it. Besides, what is worse? A player that quits out, or one that jumps off ledges or runs out of bounds to end the match faster?
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    Where have you been? Let's make up all kinds of strange, pointless, rules revolving around punishment for standard actions.

If you kill Leia as Kylo; all your cards should be reset to rank 0. If you kill Leia as Kylo while all your cards are already set to 0, the cards start deleting themselves. If you kill Leia as Kylo with all of the above, you start to lose other aspects about Kylo's character, etc, until the point where the Kylo character becomes locked and you can no longer play as him anymore, because you had killed Leia as him too often.

Wknuto!
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    Where have you been? Let's make up all kinds of strange, pointless, rules revolving around punishment for standard actions.

If you kill Leia as Kylo; all your cards should be reset to rank 0. If you kill Leia as Kylo while all your cards are already set to 0, the cards start deleting themselves. If you kill Leia as Kylo with all of the above, you start to lose other aspects about Kylo's character, etc, until the point where the Kylo character becomes locked and you can no longer play as him anymore, because you had killed Leia as him too often.

Or rules that don’t help constant game ruiners, like those that quit
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Or rules that don’t help constant game ruiners, like those that quit
    But why rules though?
    Wknuto!
  • Chico wrote: »

This. Just yesterday I was playing a team who, I assume due to lag, were over-riding all my abilities. They were rag-dolling my team, and countless times my abilities failed when the animation had completed.

The worst thing was the Luke in their team kept emoting on every kill. Obviously thought he was a god at this game. Why should I be penalised for getting out of that game?

This is my daily experience in HvV playing at a (supposedly) 19 ms ping site. It's getting ridiculous. Often it's not in the player's hands whether any given force power or block will work or be overriden by some high-pinger or due to general server lag. Sometimes, I can still hear the "poofs", "paffs" and "pows" of the various force powers long after the opponents (or I) are dead, that's how severe the delay can be.

If servers were operating smoothly and without considerable lag and high-pingers/out-of-region players were not allowed to join (ping cap), quite a few people would have to re-evaluate how good they really are at the game. It's a pity pings are not visible in the TAB menu (as in Battlefield, for instance).

It's endlessly frustrating to know that you, as an experienced player, have done nothing wrong and should have won the confrontation, but no, the netcode/server lag/whatever puts you at a significant disadvantage.
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    It would be better if they change the matchmaking system and put all the quitters in the same lobby.

Problem solved.
    PIRIKA PIRIRARA!
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Deleted
    Meerkat wrote: »
    So I should be forced to stay in laggy lobbies..?

Nah I'm good.

This. Just yesterday I was playing a team who, I assume due to lag, were over-riding all my abilities. They were rag-dolling my team, and countless times my abilities failed when the animation had completed.

The worst thing was the Luke in their team kept emoting on every kill. Obviously thought he was a god at this game. Why should I be penalised for getting out of that game?

Were you playing Iden
  • Referring to my recent topic about quitting, I have to disagree on punishment for quitting 'first time'. However, if a player quits 5-6 times in a row, then I slightly agree on punishment.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Chico wrote: »

Nah I'm good.

Were you playing Iden

Don't remember. But might have been as managed to get her to level 25 on my sons account yesterday. This is on xbox EU server.
  • SSJSnoop
    2225 posts Member
    edited January 8

They'll make a million excuses why someone leaving isn't necessarily a ragequit.

I say make it so If a player choose the quit option they get a 10 minute ban. Any other form like disconnects, crashing, losing power, etc. won't count.

HvV has needed a quitting penalty since launch but bad players will defend their right to quit.

[comment edited by moderator]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Spiito
    2101 posts Member
    Too many times though players use lag as an excuse, when really they weren’t fast/good enough
    In HvV the other day, I was playing as Luke.
    I pushed on the stick to walk and hit a bumper for an ability, nothing happened, so I persisted, maybe a bit spastically, in trying to press the respective buttons to make the character preform. When nothing happened, I stopped fiddling with my controller, physically looked at my mate who was playing in the same match next to me on another screen and console with no problems, then looked back to the screen. Luke decided to do the animation, the timer indicated the move was activated a lot longer ago, then as a teleported count Dooku ran closer toward me, my Luke walked over a tall ledge, leaving a slightly bewildered Dooku peering down.

As comical as this lag induced situation was, it was kind of sad.
    Wknuto!
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Too many times though players use lag as an excuse, when really they weren’t fast/good enough

LMAO...

The game literally tells you in the top corner of the game when it's lagging.
  • Lag. I hate it. I don’t quit but it severely hinders me. It’s very rare that I quit.
  • The_Chosen_1
    12 posts Member
    edited January 8
    I just hate how if you and your team all die at the beginning of the match, they all rage quit instead of even trying to regroup. I mean 31-35 shouldn't justify an entire team leaving, it's pretty simple to regroup.

If my team leaves and I'm left doing a 4v1, I refuse to give the other team an easy victory. I will either take the [removed] beating like a man, or hope the other team has honor to not gang bang me.
  • TertiusRegent
    266 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Fix matchmaking, give us a potato boot button, and apply your ban rules to afk's and I'll still probably say nahh.

@TjPunx Maybe ppl are tired of carrying you?
    Fix the abilities so they sketch out 60% of the time.
    Fix the (lack of) hit box/registration!

I just spent two rounds with NONE of Force powers working. NOT! ONE! Explain to wtf I should remain in the match when it means Bossk can punch me out because I can’t Push him away. In fact it’s gotten significantly worse in the last year!

Fix matchmaking!
  • Nah no thanks I'll continue the new year quitting bad matches and making yall rage on these threads.
  • I just hate how if you and your team all die at the beginning of the match, they all rage quit instead of even trying to regroup. I mean 31-35 shouldn't justify an entire team leaving, it's pretty simple to regroup.

If my team leaves and I'm left doing a 4v1, I refuse to give the other team an easy victory. I will either take the ***** beating like a man, or hope the other team has honor to not gang bang me.

Agreed here 100%. I've said the same thing, this drives me crazy.
    Often see people quit at 30-35, way to soon to call them a squad, hackers, try hards, whatever the assumption. And more than enough recovery time.

Weird as it is, I die quick at the beginning of every match, because I'm focused on observing their play styles. You can read a team pretty quick in that beginning moment, use it to your advantage and adapt your approach.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    I just hate how if you and your team all die at the beginning of the match, they all rage quit instead of even trying to regroup. I mean 31-35 shouldn't justify an entire team leaving, it's pretty simple to regroup.

If my team leaves and I'm left doing a 4v1, I refuse to give the other team an easy victory. I will either take the ***** beating like a man, or hope the other team has honor to not gang bang me.

Often see people quit at 30-35, way to soon to call them a squad, hackers, try hards, whatever the assumption. And more than enough recovery time.

Weird as it is, I die quick at the beginning of every match, because I'm focused on observing their play styles. You can read a team pretty quick in that beginning moment, use it to your advantage and adapt your approach.

I usually go off to the side and wait for the teams to engage, then sneak in like fox and clean up with Ani and Palps. Unless I've played them before and know they suck, then I just Thundergun right at them

I usually go off to the side and wait for the teams to engage, then sneak in like fox and clean up with Ani and Palps. Unless I've played them before and know they suck, then I just Thundergun right at them

Lol so funny you said this cause after I wrote that I thought, that sounds weird cause it's really so dumb.
    Played a few rounds just now and started side observation, cause duh. 🤦
    StarLillie wrote: »

Lol so funny you said this cause after I wrote that I thought, that sounds weird cause it's really so dumb.

LOL. Yeah it's helpful. Happy new year Star🎉
    StarLillie wrote: »

LOL. Yeah it's helpful. Happy new year Star🎉

🙂 Happy New Year's to you as well Lawn ✨
  • Nah no thanks I'll continue the new year quitting bad matches and making yall rage on these threads.

by all means quit the matches that don't have three strong players to carry you, this is why I want temp bots, so when bad players leave it actually helps my team

I am usually the last one alive after the first confrontation (usually because I too like to observe so I play it safe for a moment)... so its incredibly frustrating seeing someone die then just immediately quit. Pathetic. Most matches I end up winning we never have the lead from the start, and we have to close a gap.

Speaking of, possible unbalance? It's much easier to close a gap with the light side, and almost impossible to close a gap with dark side. The LS has cards that buff them way too much (Luke, Anakin, Obiwan) if they survive the first 1-2 encounters. Dark side doesn't have that kind of advantage. Not to mention, if they have a healer (Finn/Yoda) Anyone else? I mean, its doable, but who wants to work that hard? I'm just trying to enjoy a game after work! lol

I often play with two friends (group of 3) so we end up joining a lot of 4vs1 matches (30+ enemy lives to around 15 team lives left). Just about every time we play HvV we join 1-2 4vs1 lobbies. Its disgusting. We can usually clean up house and end the match with only a few points difference (win or lose) but meanwhile, that poor player just spent how long with these [hygienic product]'s getting absolutely [group activity]? And yes, it could also just be timing (maybe another group of 3 just decided to rage quit and we replaced them). As a Yoda player though, it is kinda fun swooping in on the poor unfortunate soul to heal and rescue... we do get some great moments out of it haha especially when we surprise the enemy team. They get hit so hard out of nowhere :D

I prefer to go out with a bang! I can usually stay alive indefinitely, but I won't get any hits in (none that won't be healed immediately since I'm having to evade 4 spammers). That is, if I know help is on the way. Otherwise, I can usually take someone down to their last 100 hp, among the chaos, to prove a point... or so I can finish the job after I respawn >:)

Back on track though, punishing quitters... Maybe, if you quit ever so many times in a row, you are banned from online play for X minutes. Of course, it would warn you 3 times, like a message on the start menu warning players about quitting rounds unnecessarily. The ban would get longer if you quit again. And the scale resets when you play X rounds without quitting.

Nintendo Switch: Where my smash bros at? Smash Bros will temp. block if you quit mid round too many times. Even lag... they prioritize providing the intended gameplay experience... if your internet isn't up to par? Yah, it sucks, but why should you be allowed to ruin everyone elses experience? To clarify, Smash Bros lag could get so bad you would just play freeze frame fights lol.

Needed Feature: "Mute" players. Emotes are fun, yes, but the above mentioned scenario of 4vs1... we walked in right as he died, all four of them taunted him, and one was t-bagging (I'm assuming the t-bagger took a hit before they killed him)... smh Another example: GG players coughing the entire match... Allow players to mute other players, and we wont hear/see their emotes or voicelines.

Another punishment suggestion: T-bag someone? Now you can't crouch, at all, for [duration]. Leave that trash in whatever FPS you apparently got bored of. Okay, rant over.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    I miss the LOL reaction so much sometimes.

They stole it from me, my thousands of funny pictures and jokes

Lost, lost to me forever

Curse you all!
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• RyanK388
    2012 posts Member
    You should be banned. First time 24 hours, 2,3,4.th time 48 hours, and 10+ for a month or longer

LOL 😂
  • Meerkat wrote: »

LMAO...

It does, but lag has many sources, and Processing lag is an issue that usually affects you when you need the game to work the most, during the chaotic confrontation. And no message will be displayed on the upper right corner telling you this until it's too late. Not that I'm saying people don't lie, but lag is more complex then a bad (but stable) connectivity.
    MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Why would you wan't someone on your team who doesn't want to be there? Sounds like a recipe for shenanigans.
    Players gonna be like, Oh your gonna make me stay? Well I'm gonna make you wish I would quit.

And then he jumps off the cliff for every remaining ticket your team has. I've lost count on how many times this has already happened since they tranformed HvV into this simplistic TDM mess.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Personally dont care,there are multiple reasons for quitting for me its either i quit because of lag or i quit because my team is trash and when i say trash im talking about people just going balls deep trying to fight 2 or 3 people by themselves and/or not even trying to help the team,it is a TEAM game after all.Now that being said im not saying its right however i dont have to sit there and deal with these kind of teammates when i shouldnt have to.And its not only me of course cause i've seen countless people on the other team quit because their teammates are just being dumb.
  • LucKazama wrote: »
    Personally dont care,there are multiple reasons for quitting for me its either i quit because of lag or i quit because my team is trash and when i say trash im talking about people just going balls deep trying to fight 2 or 3 people by themselves and/or not even trying to help the team,it is a TEAM game after all.Now that being said im not saying its right however i dont have to sit there and deal with these kind of teammates when i shouldnt have to.And its not only me of course cause i've seen countless people on the other team quit because their teammates are just being dumb.

You're part of the problem. You blame either lag or your team but not yourself.

You're not as good as you think you are. That's why you ragequit.
  • Meerkat wrote: »

LMAO...

It does, but lag has many sources, and Processing lag is an issue that usually affects you when you need the game to work the most, during the chaotic confrontation. And no message will be displayed on the upper right corner telling you this until it's too late. Not that I'm saying people don't lie, but lag is more complex then a bad (but stable) connectivity.
    MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Why would you wan't someone on your team who doesn't want to be there? Sounds like a recipe for shenanigans.
    Players gonna be like, Oh your gonna make me stay? Well I'm gonna make you wish I would quit.

And then he jumps off the cliff for every remaining ticket your team has. I've lost count on how many times this has already happened since they tranformed HvV into this simplistic TDM mess.

I'm loathe to admit but I've actually done this before.
    Frustration's a hell of a drug.

• TjPunx wrote: »

Let me say... No, this is a horrible idea, you want to get rid of the small amount of players this game has? XD Sometimes I gotta quite when I only had like 15 minutes to play before I need to leave for an appointment or something, and the game goes longer because of trolls and stuff. This is a terrible idea, I don't like when people just quit when it gets ruff and we are getting steamrolled but this is not the solution.
  • If they add this ban ***** then I'll officially be done with this game.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    LucKazama wrote: »
    Personally dont care,there are multiple reasons for quitting for me its either i quit because of lag or i quit because my team is trash and when i say trash im talking about people just going balls deep trying to fight 2 or 3 people by themselves and/or not even trying to help the team,it is a TEAM game after all.Now that being said im not saying its right however i dont have to sit there and deal with these kind of teammates when i shouldnt have to.And its not only me of course cause i've seen countless people on the other team quit because their teammates are just being dumb.

You're part of the problem. You blame either lag or your team but not yourself.

You're not as good as you think you are. That's why you ragequit.

Lmfaooo rofl sorry to burst you're bubble buddy but im not under the delusion that im some pro HOWEVER i know wtf a TEAM game is and i actually help...no sorry let me rephrase that..i bend over BACKWARDS to help my team while the people i get grouped with doesnt give a rats ***** about the team,you're probably one of those but i digress...I guess i shouldnt blame lag when im hit with an ability even though im blocking right?Oh i guess i shouldnt blame the lag when im up in someones face swinging but the strike isn't registering?oooohh wait also i guess i shouldnt blame the people that run in trying to fight 3 people by themselves leaving our blasters undefended??when shiit is my fault of course i blame myself i even go as far as to call myself an *****,scrub or anything of the sort if i had in fact did something stupid.You can say im part of the problem and i can agree to that to the extent that by me leaving im making it harder for my teammates but hey dont play a team game if you're not gonna play for the team that is LITERALLY the objective..lmao this guy said "you're not good as you think you are thats why you rage quit mahhh" hahahaha just ***** guy hahaha

Nah I'm good.

Exactly this...there is a difference between rage quitting and having no patience for stupid situations like lag or even worse a team that just doesn't want to work together.Its rare but the times i do stay my team ends up leaving anyway after feeding so much.There was one match i played and as soon as i got in it was 15-29 and 2 quit leaving me and anakin,we held our own until 8-10 but that was only because there was lag,i cant speak for the anakin but i was getting lag too but not as much as the other team it seemed.How do i know for sure? Not only did i save the clip to go over it but there were multiple times during the match that vader choked me when i wasnt even blocking and i wasn't affected by it..no choke animation no damage nothing,same with their dooku but he was hitting anakin with lightning and not a damn thing not even the knock back sooooo wtf else am i suppose to blame in that situation? Guess im just using the lag as an excuse for winning right?? "Cough cough ssjsnoop"
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    Lets fix matchmaking first.

There is no point to sitting out a steam roll in this game.

The lobbies never shuffle, so it will be steam roll after steam roll.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• they can't "fix" matchmaking

there aren't enough people on at a given time to have well matched teams without making matches delay for 10-30 minutes (and you'd be playing the same people over and over)...as it is now players bail when a match doesn't start immediately (because broken server code sometimes stops filling open slots indefinitely)

there aren't even enough players to quickly fill empty spots in games, what I usually see on xbone is a match quickly falls to 3 people on one side and then stays that way for several minutes

the only way to fix the mode is to bring back target system (toldja) or something very similar in terms of objective play
  • they can't "fix" matchmaking

there aren't enough people on at a given time to have well matched teams without making matches delay for 10-30 minutes (and you'd be playing the same people over and over)...as it is now players bail when a match doesn't start immediately (because broken server code sometimes stops filling open slots indefinitely)

there aren't even enough players to quickly fill empty spots in games, what I usually see on xbone is a match quickly falls to 3 people on one side and then stays that way for several minutes

the only way to fix the mode is to bring back target system (toldja) or something very similar in terms of objective play

The longest I have waited for a game of HvV to fill up recently was only like 3-4 minutes and that happened once. Its usually filled in a minute
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2