criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

If you quit in the middle of HvV/game

Replies

• they can't "fix" matchmaking

there aren't enough people on at a given time to have well matched teams without making matches delay for 10-30 minutes (and you'd be playing the same people over and over)...as it is now players bail when a match doesn't start immediately (because broken server code sometimes stops filling open slots indefinitely)

there aren't even enough players to quickly fill empty spots in games, what I usually see on xbone is a match quickly falls to 3 people on one side and then stays that way for several minutes

the only way to fix the mode is to bring back target system (toldja) or something very similar in terms of objective play

The longest I have waited for a game of HvV to fill up recently was only like 3-4 minutes and that happened once. Its usually filled in a minute

yes, with zero balanced matchmaking, meaning random teams

you will be waiting longer if DICE tries to balance them by skill level

and numerically imbalanced teams don't get rebalanced with new players quickly enough to matter...if your team falls to three you might as well quit (unless playing noobs)
  • awakespace
    1294 posts Member
    edited January 4
    I personally never quit an HvV match unless I need to go for some reason - every situation is a situation in which I can learn and improve. I find it fun to carry a team and even face another team all by myself. It's actually steamrolling another team that I find boring, so I play alone a lot unless it's 4v4s

I'd be okay with a small penalty for quitting mid match - like a 3 min ban, or 100 credits, or something
  • this_old_mouse
    2139 posts Member
    edited January 4
    I've said it before, DICE needs to balance the game properly if they want people to stay in lobbies. Basically, for a game this casual, a quiting penalty is ridiculous.
    Post edited by this_old_mouse on
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • StarLillie
    365 posts Member
    edited January 4
    I played against a super sweaty crew yesterday, some well timed Kylo pulls/freezes kept their Luke (the best player) busy. I joined late and it was clearly a steam roll, felt bad for my team mates so I focused on being a pest. It was great fun.

One of my team mates thanked me at the end for not quitting and getting a few kills in on the Luke and Anakin.
    Going up against a squad or clearly more skilled team does open up alot of learning. Adapting your style, attacks, you can gain much from this.

On topic, I don't think a penalty is a terrible idea. An hour or more is far too long however, and I rarely ever quit matches.
  • I only quit if the game becomes unplayable. And by unplayable I mean for every time I spawn, my team is nowhere near, or non existent, or just so bad they die in less then 5 seconds each, and then I'm forced against 4 enemies at once, which are either a premade, or a very coordinated team, and I'm either stunned multiple times to death, or ragdolled multiple times to death, which really makes the game unplayable as most of the time I'm either waiting to respawn or having my controls locked either to stuns or ragdolling.

If I could spend a lot of time playing, I would love to test myself against such scenarios to learn how to become better at avoiding it. But I don't, and thus wasting my little free time without being able to input commands into the game is not something I'll stand in the game for.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    I only quit if the game becomes unplayable. And by unplayable I mean for every time I spawn, my team is nowhere near, or non existent, or just so bad they die in less then 5 seconds each, and then I'm forced against 4 enemies at once, which are either a premade, or a very coordinated team, and I'm either stunned multiple times to death, or ragdolled multiple times to death, which really makes the game unplayable as most of the time I'm either waiting to respawn or having my controls locked either to stuns or ragdolling.

If I could spend a lot of time playing, I would love to test myself against such scenarios to learn how to become better at avoiding it. But I don't, and thus wasting my little free time without being able to input commands into the game is not something I'll stand in the game for.

This one of the things that happens in the game. Just deal with it, and don’t quit. Most use that same examples as an excuse, when they’re just not that good
  • LafenChuck
    137 posts Member
    edited January 5
    TjPunx wrote: »
    If you quit in the middle of HvV/game
    You should be banned.

THAN ITS TOTAL YOUR FAULT

Nobody wants to stick with losers.

Try not to suck and dont feed the enemy Team than people will stay.

• I've come to realize that the same reason people are calling for a penalty is the same reason people called for the target system to be removed.

While exploits and running were issues, they were used as a convenient excuse. The real reason was players who thought themselves gods didn't like that they could got 400 kills and they didn't mean anything....the other team could still win.

Now, it's the same. They don't like that people leave because it's less lambs for the slaughter. They want a penalty so people are forced to get killed by them again and again. It's akin to crying "you aren't playing the way IIIIIIII want to."

If it's a competitive ranked system, I'd get it...people all going in with a clear idea of what's going on. But this is a casual star wars game. You implement penalties for quitting and soon you will lose players.

Oh wait....that's probably what they want. It's supposed to be a private playground for only elite players who earn the right to play it....how silly of me.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    The targeting system was boss, and needs to be brought back
  • hsf_
    1948 posts Member

No, the target system was far too easy to exploit. You were known for doing this.

I would vote for a "King of the Hill" style HvV, where you have to hold a certain point of the map, the winner is the team which holds the point the longest.
  • KZ_Toxic
    377 posts Member
    edited January 5
    I think the length is a bit much but since around the last update I've noticed drop outs have been more frequent. Probably cause the second chance of unlocking skins etc... There's been a couple matches where I'm left 4v1 waiting and doing my best to survive recently. I'd say nothing on one but...if you do it a second match within a whatever time period, you get ten minutes...Do it again, half hour,... once more and lose a day.
  • TjPunx wrote: »

absolutely
  • hsf_ wrote: »

No, the target system was far too easy to exploit. You were known for doing this.

I would vote for a "King of the Hill" style HvV, where you have to hold a certain point of the map, the winner is the team which holds the point the longest.

waste of a map if you spend all your time in one spot...and could get boring quick

however I could go with an alternating objective version of extraction, target + king of hill + ???
  • It's just a really bad game mode. That's it.

And the lag is insane.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member
    I only quit if the game becomes unplayable. And by unplayable I mean for every time I spawn, my team is nowhere near, or non existent, or just so bad they die in less then 5 seconds each, and then I'm forced against 4 enemies at once, which are either a premade, or a very coordinated team, and I'm either stunned multiple times to death, or ragdolled multiple times to death, which really makes the game unplayable as most of the time I'm either waiting to respawn or having my controls locked either to stuns or ragdolling.

This one of the things that happens in the game. Just deal with it, and don’t quit. Most use that same examples as an excuse, when they’re just not that good

Eeeehh nope. If I can’t block because of lag I will quit eventually. If I lag around and start teleporting I quit. That’s it. You are probably just not that good too when you can’t block and get teleported into the enemy lol
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member

The targeting system was just as bad.

We do need some kind of objective, keep tdm for those who like it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I miss the LOL reaction so much sometimes.

Insightful is the new LOL.

giphy.gif

• I miss the LOL reaction so much sometimes.

Insightful is the new LOL.

Yeah be careful with that bro. That's all I'll say...
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Lets fix matchmaking first.

There is no point to sitting out a steam roll in this game.

The lobbies never shuffle, so it will be steam roll after steam roll.

They shuffle after each (both sides) completed map for me.. Sometimes you get a few from the previous game sometime a whole new bunch.

giphy.gif

• TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    They should have both the targeting system, and TDM. That satisfies both camps. Do this, and watch the players stream back in. Now that they fixed the map exploits, where I could taunt players from, the mode is still superior to the dumpster fire tdm they have now

I'm not going to waste precious little free time to let the game play like a bad movie, where I have no control, and the character on screen just keeps being pushed, and pulled, and choked, and frozen, and all CC abilities in the game combined because I have no team to give any support so all villains have all their abilities ready when they see me, and they all focus on me on every single life (as they with all others in turn).

It starts by knowing that half of the time I spend playing this game is in Menus, Lobbies, Crash Screens, and the like, which isn't actually playing the game. Then you suggest I let the other half of my playtime to serve as target practice for premades or a strong team MM couldn't sort out? Sorry man, I want to play this game and leave it wanting to play it again, not wanting to uninstall it. A 2 hour gaming session, from which 1 hour is not actually playing anything, so the other 1 hour can't be me having no control over my character while he's tossed around.

However things are different when I have more time, and especially in the past when I had much more free time and could spend hours and hours playing this game. If it was like this, I'd gladly take an unfair match and try my best to change it around. I know this video is reeeeeaaaaaally old, but this insane comeback proves that I once faced these situations with joy (when I had more time to play):
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • hatreds_wrath
    486 posts Member
    edited January 5

I'm not going to waste precious little free time to let the game play like a bad movie, where I have no control, and the character on screen just keeps being pushed, and pulled, and choked, and frozen, and all CC abilities in the game combined because I have no team to give any support so all villains have all their abilities ready when they see me, and they all focus on me on every single life (as they with all others in turn).

It starts by knowing that half of the time I spend playing this game is in Menus, Lobbies, Crash Screens, and the like, which isn't actually playing the game. Then you suggest I let the other half of my playtime to serve as target practice for premades or a strong team MM couldn't sort out? Sorry man, I want to play this game and leave it wanting to play it again, not wanting to uninstall it. A 2 hour gaming session, from which 1 hour is not actually playing anything, so the other 1 hour can't be me having no control over my character while he's tossed around.

However things are different when I have more time, and especially in the past when I had much more free time and could spend hours and hours playing this game. If it was like this, I'd gladly take an unfair match and try my best to change it around. I know this video is reeeeeaaaaaally old, but this insane comeback proves that I once faced these situations with joy (when I had more time to play):

Spot on. Ive played this game since launch and I absolutely do not have the extra time or patience even to stick in bad matches. I used to do it back in the day and would ride out most bad matches. Even the days of Boba and Maul sprinters with target system. I still occasionally ride them out albeit rarely.

But nowadays with the insane combination of quitters, glitches, bugs, lag, premades, horrid teams/matchmaking, etc why am I bothering sitting through that for? The respect of some random person on a message board that I don't care about? Yeah no, Ill pass on being knighted for my ingame chivalry.

The game simply has too many problems to implement a quit ban.
  • hsf_ wrote: »

So you could have Phasma, Iden, Bossk around the target area camping, with the help of Vader or Kylo.

No Thanks.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • they can't "fix" matchmaking

there aren't enough people on at a given time to have well matched teams without making matches delay for 10-30 minutes (and you'd be playing the same people over and over)...as it is now players bail when a match doesn't start immediately (because broken server code sometimes stops filling open slots indefinitely)

there aren't even enough players to quickly fill empty spots in games, what I usually see on xbone is a match quickly falls to 3 people on one side and then stays that way for several minutes

the only way to fix the mode is to bring back target system (toldja) or something very similar in terms of objective play

The longest I have waited for a game of HvV to fill up recently was only like 3-4 minutes and that happened once. Its usually filled in a minute

yes, with zero balanced matchmaking, meaning random teams

you will be waiting longer if DICE tries to balance them by skill level

and numerically imbalanced teams don't get rebalanced with new players quickly enough to matter...if your team falls to three you might as well quit (unless playing noobs)

Boy would I like some improved matchmaking. After carrying a bunch of teammates without hands against a premade (32 elims). I didn't have the best game following which meant we got steamrolled. I got 19 elims while the next guy on my team got 6. I was emoted after every death because of how mad they were. I matchmake to a new lobby and get another squad of chimps that never group. It's insane.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member

Spot on. Ive played this game since launch and I absolutely do not have the extra time or patience even to stick in bad matches. I used to do it back in the day and would ride out most bad matches. Even the days of Boba and Maul sprinters with target system. I still occasionally ride them out albeit rarely.

But nowadays with the insane combination of quitters, glitches, bugs, lag, premades, horrid teams/matchmaking, etc why am I bothering sitting through that for? The respect of some random person on a message board that I don't care about? Yeah no, Ill pass on being knighted for my ingame chivalry.

That’s part of the problem
  • SSJSnoop
    2225 posts Member

Yes, it's true. We all grew up and have responsibilities now and much less time to play our favorite hobby, videogames but I'm sorry that still is no excuse to ragequit matches.

If you can't handle losing online or it takes too much time, play offline. I'm serious.

We need a 10min penalty for quitters. It's rude and unfair to do that to teams.

Please DICE, it will make HvV so much better.

• TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »

Yes, it's true. We all grew up and have responsibilities now and much less time to play our favorite hobby, videogames but I'm sorry that still is no excuse to ragequit matches.

If you can't handle losing online or it takes too much time, play offline. I'm serious.

Hit the nail on the head
  • This is the funniest thread. No, there does not need to be a penalty for quitting an HvV match or any other mode or any other video game... ever! Yes, people rage quit, who cares. Second, people may need to back out for real life reasons, that happens. Thirdly, sometimes people loose internet connection or their power could go out. Too many hypotheticals. It's just simply unrealistic.

Hit the nail on the head

It'll kill HvV.

Because of a failure of a matchmaking, no option to manually balance teams ingame, and an AI that's in no way suitable to take the place of quitters, you guys then suggest that the best is to penalise who tries to play?

You'll just finish killing off HvV.

IMO, you should either propose a better matchmaking, the option to switch sides ingame (to balance it manually), or make the AI suitable for such a mode (although I dislike this last idea, but it's something positive at least), instead of penalising players for not tolerating the total disaster this game's team balance is.

It'll save HvV.

You are a sore loser who blames everyone and everything when you're not winning and then quits.

The majority of the HvV community are not ragequitters and would love this.
    This is the funniest thread. No, there does not need to be a penalty for quitting an HvV match or any other mode or any other video game... ever! Yes, people rage quit, who cares. Second, people may need to back out for real life reasons, that happens. Thirdly, sometimes people loose internet connection or their power could go out. Too many hypotheticals. It's just simply unrealistic.

The funniest people in this thread are those like you who go "Who cares about ragequitters, it's just a video game!?"

If it's just a video game why do you care so much about a penalty? If you have real life to deal with then a 10min ban wouldn't affect you. Also It should only count if you choose the quit option. Not loosing connection or power.

Grow up people.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »

Hit the nail on the head

It'll kill HvV.

Because of a failure of a matchmaking, no option to manually balance teams ingame, and an AI that's in no way suitable to take the place of quitters, you guys then suggest that the best is to penalise who tries to play?

IMO, you should either propose a better matchmaking, the option to switch sides ingame (to balance it manually), or make the AI suitable for such a mode (although I dislike this last idea, but it's something positive at least), instead of penalising players for not tolerating the total disaster this game's team balance is.

It'll save HvV.

You are a sore loser who blames everyone and everything when you're not winning and then quits.

This is the funniest thread. No, there does not need to be a penalty for quitting an HvV match or any other mode or any other video game... ever! Yes, people rage quit, who cares. Second, people may need to back out for real life reasons, that happens. Thirdly, sometimes people loose internet connection or their power could go out. Too many hypotheticals. It's just simply unrealistic.

The funniest people in this thread are those like you who go "Who cares about ragequitters, it's just a video game!?"

If it's just a video game why do you care so much about a penalty? If you have real life to deal with then a 10min ban wouldn't affect you. Also It should only count if you choose the quit option. Not loosing connection or power.

Grow up people.

Like I said, unrealistic. Maybe take your own advice... grow up
  • you can't fix a broken mode by stopping people from playing it
  • As I said....play the way I WANT or get out. Hvv Lords think they should make the rules. It's actually very sad. It's a game. Play it. Enjoy it. If it's not fun, then quit. I don't OWE. YOU. ANYTHING.

Hit the nail on the head

It'll kill HvV.

It'll save HvV.

Grow up people.

If it's just a video game why do you care so much that you want to punish people for quitting?
  • Do you enjoy waiting for lobbies to fill up so the match can start? Because if people start getting banned for quitting, It won't just be them that has to wait for a match.

Hit the nail on the head

It'll kill HvV.

It'll save HvV.

Grow up people.

LOL I'm a sore loser? Good luck defending alone something a really small portion of the community might be in the illusion it'll do any good to the game. Check who you're talking about before embarassing yourself again.

Lmao I'm talking to a sore loser. Sadly sometimes the best players are the sorest losers.

A huge part of the community would appreciate it and obviously the mode will benefit with less ragequitting.

Hit the nail on the head

It'll kill HvV.

It'll save HvV.

Grow up people.

Like I said, unrealistic. Maybe take your own advice... grow up

Hurr Durr, yea I'll take my own advice lol You don't care if you ragequit and leave teams outnumbered. You are the problem.

Lol has nothing to do with growing up, I simply don't want to deal with problems that DICE easily could have fixed ages ago. I'm sorry but I still don't care about being "rude" to you or anyone else. Have fun sticking in your laggy 4v2's against premades for some false sense of honor. If you can't handle people playing the game how they want, why don't you play Instant Action where nobody can quit?

So you're complaining that people already ragequit and you are stuck in a 4v2? Thanks for making my point.

Oops, I almost forgot the obligatory, "LAG!" lmao
    you can't fix a broken mode by stopping people from playing it

Not any people, Ragequitters.
    If YoU qUiT a HvV gAmE YoU sHoULd Be PeRmA bAnNeD

Riiight, because a 10min ban is the same as perma...
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    As I said....play the way I WANT or get out. Hvv Lords think they should make the rules. It's actually very sad. It's a game. Play it. Enjoy it. If it's not fun, then quit. I don't OWE. YOU. ANYTHING.

LOL So entitled and trying to turn the issue into something else. I love the mode...when people don't ragequit in the middle of matches. Tons of games have quitting penalties and they're all the better for it.

Hit the nail on the head

It'll kill HvV.

It'll save HvV.

Grow up people.

If it's just a video game why do you care so much that you want to punish people for quitting?

Hurr Durr, "it just a video game".

I want to prevent people from quitting with the penalty of a timed ban. This is not a new concept in video games.

People ragequitting when they are getting salty from dying/losing and leaving teams that could very well still win(i've made so many comebacks in this game) is unfair to the rest of the playerbase that don't get so emotional.
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    People quitting close games I don't get.

The rare close games are actually a lot of fun.

But this usual rounds where it is a 30 point bloodbath aren't worth the time, they are never going to turn around.

Thinking about it, the quit penalty wouldn't effect me because once I leave a match I'm off to a different game anyway.

h846398gb27k.png

• Hey @SSJSnoop, did I say I rage quit? NOPE. I said it happens. I don't get bent out of shap about it, because I do have a grasp on reality. Go hurr durr yourself bruv.
  • This is why I use Pre maid teams in HvV, I cba playing with noobs, if they suck, I leave
    Too many times though players use lag as an excuse, when really they weren’t fast/good enough

Don’t you have a big icicle to hide in or some other glitch spot?
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    This is why I use Pre maid teams in HvV, I cba playing with noobs, if they suck, I leave

It is just as bad when I go on a pre made team, the only difference is we are rolling instead of getting rolled.

Bots provide a better challenge.

h846398gb27k.png

Hit the nail on the head

It'll kill HvV.

It'll save HvV.

Grow up people.

LOL I'm a sore loser? Good luck defending alone something a really small portion of the community might be in the illusion it'll do any good to the game. Check who you're talking about before embarassing yourself again.

Super checked him 😂😂
  • What are the "tons of games" that have a ban for this? Because I've literally never played one. Ever. You and your Hur Durr just make YOU look like the sore loser dude. Sorry, but it's true. How does ragequitting affect you in any way, if you are such a god? Seriously...are you being left in 1 v 4's and no way to win? It sounds to me like you are just salty that you don't have more people to kill.

YOU are the problem. People like you are the problem. You would think that people who are constantly left at a disadvantage would be the ones screaming for a penalty, but they aren't. It's the HvV sweaty nolifers that are. Why is that? I'm serious here, why do you want this penalty so bad? Is it truly because you feel bad for players that are left in 2 v 4 or 1 v 4 situations? Because it doesn't sound like you are one of those players.

Sometimes I stick it out in a disadvantaged game. Sometimes I quit and move on to a different mode or game. This isn't Esports. It's not a ranked competitive game. It's a Star Wars game that children play. Literal children. I play plenty of online games, and sometimes people drop out. Can it suck? Sure. But I then have the choice to either try and hero solo it, or quit and find a better lobby. And 9 times out of 10 I can find a better lobby.

And it's not about winning and losing. It's about having fun. I play the game to relax at the end of a long day, and have fun. If I can't move and am killed every 3.5 seconds, it's NOT FUN. If I can run around and get a kill here and there and have fun, I could care less if we lose. I'm always going to try my best, but I will tell you right now, if there WAS a ban for quitting, if the match became not fun, I would stop trying immediately. I would suicide or just stand there and not retaliate. Is that what you would rather have? Because that is exactly what would happen, you do realize that, right?
    This is why I use Pre maid teams in HvV, I cba playing with noobs, if they suck, I leave

It is just as bad when I go on a pre made team, the only difference is we are rolling instead of getting rolled.

I find playing solo to be a fun challenge some times. Trying to carry bad players can be very frustrating if the enemy team is very good though 😂
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    What are the "tons of games" that have a ban for this? Because I've literally never played one. Ever. You and your Hur Durr just make YOU look like the sore loser dude. Sorry, but it's true. How does ragequitting affect you in any way, if you are such a god? Seriously...are you being left in 1 v 4's and no way to win? It sounds to me like you are just salty that you don't have more people to kill.

YOU are the problem. People like you are the problem. You would think that people who are constantly left at a disadvantage would be the ones screaming for a penalty, but they aren't. It's the HvV sweaty nolifers that are. Why is that? I'm serious here, why do you want this penalty so bad? Is it truly because you feel bad for players that are left in 2 v 4 or 1 v 4 situations? Because it doesn't sound like you are one of those players.

Sometimes I stick it out in a disadvantaged game. Sometimes I quit and move on to a different mode or game. This isn't Esports. It's not a ranked competitive game. It's a Star Wars game that children play. Literal children. I play plenty of online games, and sometimes people drop out. Can it suck? Sure. But I then have the choice to either try and hero solo it, or quit and find a better lobby. And 9 times out of 10 I can find a better lobby.

And it's not about winning and losing. It's about having fun. I play the game to relax at the end of a long day, and have fun. If I can't move and am killed every 3.5 seconds, it's NOT FUN. If I can run around and get a kill here and there and have fun, I could care less if we lose. I'm always going to try my best, but I will tell you right now, if there WAS a ban for quitting, if the match became not fun, I would stop trying immediately. I would suicide or just stand there and not retaliate. Is that what you would rather have? Because that is exactly what would happen, you do realize that, right?

For Honor has a 15 min penalty.

It is the only game I've played recently with it, but it is flawed and counts server crashes as quits.

I get stuck in occasional laggy lobbies (think 3 fps, it actually hurts to watch) and you are stuck there.

h846398gb27k.png

What are the "tons of games" that have a ban for this? Because I've literally never played one. Ever. You and your Hur Durr just make YOU look like the sore loser dude. Sorry, but it's true. How does ragequitting affect you in any way, if you are such a god? Seriously...are you being left in 1 v 4's and no way to win? It sounds to me like you are just salty that you don't have more people to kill.

For Honor has a 15 min penalty.

It is the only game I've played recently with it, but it is flawed and counts server crashes as quits.

I get stuck in occasional laggy lobbies (think 3 fps, it actually hurts to watch) and you are stuck there.

Gears of War 5 has the harshest penalties for quitting that I know of.

I find playing solo to be a fun challenge some times. Trying to carry bad players can be very frustrating if the enemy team is very good though 😂

I agree! I honestly never play in a full premade squad anymore (mostly because my boys moved onto other games 😅). Occasionally, I'll team up with a buddy. The vast majority of the time, I'm playing with randoms. It's a great challenge & I find it fun. As you stated, there are those times it goes the other way...