criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

If you quit in the middle of HvV/game

Replies

• If there is a ban then people won't play. Hvv was always a gimmick mode designed to let you always play a hero. They've ruined the experience by attempting to balance the heros to it as if it were the main mode.

It's meant to be a fun break and diversion from the main modes. The hvv Lords have made it something it was never intended to be.

Again, if a ranked mode, ok I could see your point. But in the current state, you just sound really salty. I don't believe for one second you feel bad for the other players on the team who has a quitter. If you are such an amazing player why should it matter to you at all? You are still going to get your kills. It only makes it sound like you are mad you can't get a 25 kill streak instead of 20.

A quitting ban may get people to not leave. It won't get people to try harder. It will make for more suiciders and afks. Honestly, what makes you believe it would force people to try and 'play right'?? Because I just don't see it.

Why? Because right now if quitters are such a huge issue, the % of those that would try will be dwarfed by the % that will still 'quit'. Because quitting doesn't mean leaving the lobby. That's not the only way someone can quit.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    blgrn37 wrote: »
    Maybe a while back I’d agree w this. But people quit so often, or connectivity issues, or some other thing.
    I try to finish each match, but if someone quits at go, your looking at a frustrating 3 vs 4. Why do that to yourself? Just get out of a lousy situation and move onto another matchup. Shouldn’t be rules to punish people - there will be other matches.

Dude you're positing why not quit if someone else already quit?...

If there's a penalty then people won't quit and you won't have to either.

But there isn’t a penalty.
    Just a bunch of people ruining matchups any which way they can, or often unintentionally... and penalties will not make things run better. So, make the best of an imperfect situation - try you hardest, but don’t waste your energy on something ridiculous. Especially when there are many other users willing to put forth a real effort on many other matchups. If your team craps out, quits from the start or game lag is ruining things, leave the game and go on to fight elsewhere. Many other games to chose from, instead of letting outside factors ruin your experience.
  • blgrn37 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Maybe a while back I’d agree w this. But people quit so often, or connectivity issues, or some other thing.
    I try to finish each match, but if someone quits at go, your looking at a frustrating 3 vs 4. Why do that to yourself? Just get out of a lousy situation and move onto another matchup. Shouldn’t be rules to punish people - there will be other matches.

Dude you're positing why not quit if someone else already quit?...

If there's a penalty then people won't quit and you won't have to either.

But there isn’t a penalty.
    Just a bunch of people ruining matchups any which way they can, or often unintentionally... and penalties will not make things run better. So, make the best of an imperfect situation - try you hardest, but don’t waste your energy on something ridiculous. Especially when there are many other users willing to put forth a real effort on many other matchups. If your team craps out, quits from the start or game lag is ruining things, leave the game and go on to fight elsewhere. Many other games to chose from, instead of letting outside factors ruin your experience.

Exactly..

Just play for your own enjoyment. I usually am laughing the entire match. I guess I'm easily amused cuz seeing my character flying all over the place is funny to me. There really is nothing wrong with leaving a match in which you are not having fun.. It really is just a waste of time and nothing is gained from it. Unless being able to pat yourself on the back and wear some badge of honor about never quitting excites a guy.. then more power to you. I just don't get it personally. I see it all the time in league of legends.. where we could be in an impossible game of being down 25+ kills and every objective and they still won't surrender and force the match to drag on.

I understand where the topic creator was coming from. It is annoying seeing people quit cuz they want to stomp every game and when it isn't going their way they leave. But a quitter penalty would be the death of the mode. It might take a couple tries but after that I usually find 7 other players to have an enjoyable match with. The main issue is that he thinks that a penalty will deter people from quitting.. It really won't. It will just deter people from playing the game mode entirely. Nobody wants to sit through premades/lopsided lobbies.. they'll just go play something else
  • bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    Meerkat wrote: »
    DJ1 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Stop trying to justify stomping. It's pathetic.

More like: I want to be sure the I can’t just walk over them for 4min and feel powerful lol

I said ragequitting, Idk why you edited it.

So as I asked ... you play in pre-made groups, right?

You assumed and you know what happens when you assume, right?....

No, I don't play in pre-made groups.

A 10min ban will do wonders for the mode. A lot of people will just finish matches out instead of getting the penalty.

Also not everyone will throw a tantrum like a child at the first taste of salt in a match and do nonsense like wait a few min to be kicked, suicide over & over, or stand around emoting.

Please, DICE implement a quitting penalty in some way, shape, or form.

Ragequitting is glorified in today's gaming culture and it's lame.

Is punishing people who want to leave from lag really worth sticking it to ragequitters..? Probably not.

On top of the fact that HVV is not ranked and nothing is tracked.. It doesn't even really matter.

The old lag excuse...

If one match is laggy, you tough it and finish the match then quit. If you get lag a lot then that's a personal problem. Battlefront 2 is not inherently laggy.

It's worth it because stopping people from ragequitting stops people abandoning teams and leaving them unfairly outnumbered.

If a team is down by 25 and hasn't gotten a kill, does it matter if that team ends up outnumbered?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• If I've quit games its been H v V. Why? Mainly its because of the poor game play of my team mates. They will do things like:
    1. Attack 1 v 3 or 1 v 4
    2. Sit there with block up, behind you when you are getting attacked by 2 enemies yet will not help you out, letting you die
    3. Refuse to group up and insist on going one out all the time
    4. Hide
    5. When you come to help them when they are being attacked by multiple enemies, run away and leave you to face the enemy alone
    6. Will ignore suggestions, like when as Anakin to use pull dominance to get Fett or Palps, but use them to get saber villains closer, when we have no blaster heros on the team, thus seeing Boba and/or Papls killing us off all over the place.

Sorry but when I wind up with a team like that, am getting frustrated beyond belief, and am not enjoying it, I'm supposed to stay and play the whole round or get penalised? To the OP you can go jump!
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • DJ1
    48 posts Member
    Well I was away from this game for quite a while and only came back end of last year, but I just remembered the OP's name, and it may be possible this is a wind-up thread to stir emotions ;)
  • If I've quit games its been H v V. Why? Mainly its because of the poor game play of my team mates. They will do things like:
    1. Attack 1 v 3 or 1 v 4
    2. Sit there with block up, behind you when you are getting attacked by 2 enemies yet will not help you out, letting you die
    3. Refuse to group up and insist on going one out all the time
    4. Hide
    5. When you come to help them when they are being attacked by multiple enemies, run away and leave you to face the enemy alone
    6. Will ignore suggestions, like when as Anakin to use pull dominance to get Fett or Palps, but use them to get saber villains closer, when we have no blaster heros on the team, thus seeing Boba and/or Papls killing us off all over the place.

Sorry but when I wind up with a team like that, am getting frustrated beyond belief, and am not enjoying it, I'm supposed to stay and play the whole round or get penalised? To the OP you can go jump!

encounter these scenarios daily, very frustrating
  • CC_1010
    3084 posts Member
    I just quit in the middle of an hvv match!
    Lag ***** me off. Kylo can hit through my block and I get teleported into enemy sabers and take massive damage my team was also trash so I was always in a 4v1. Sorry not sorry;)
  • Also, just about every stupid ***** match the server drops me into where it’s 7-27 and there are only 2 people playing on my team - I’m gonna quit. Just silliness there. Sometimes I’ll see if it’s salvageable, but jumping into a nearly completed steamroll is just wasted energy.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Let’s just face it. The majority of those that ragequit either think they’re better then they actually are, and can’t deal with getting stomped, or they’re YouTube/streamer wannabes that think they’re better then they actually are
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Let’s just face it. The majority of those that ragequit either think they’re better then they actually are, and can’t deal with getting stomped, or they’re YouTube/streamer wannabes that think they’re better then they actually are

Very insightful.
  • Yeah they should ask quitters why they quit......I'm sure if they took a poll.

70% would be teams are uneven or matchmaking was poor.
    15% Toxic Behavior
    10% Game Disconnects from power loss or internet interruption
    5% AFK.
  • MC_XIX
    2247 posts Member
    No. Here's a better idea: if you play in a party, your maximum health should be halved, and so should your weapon damage.

Parties want to team up to dominate random lobbies? Ok, then handicap them for taking advantage of the non-existent matchmaking system. Give random public players the chance they deserve to beat the parties of experienced players.
  • DJ1
    48 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »

Bwahaha ... and after this post you went off to make some popcorn

If I'm not mistaken, aren't you the guy that always tyoed 'git gud'? Surely an op player such as yourself doesn't need a full team to win or wouldn't see any challenge in being part of a steam rolling group?
  • Please bring back LOL
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Please bring back LOL

Let’s just make insightful the new LOL
  • DJ1 wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken, aren't you the guy that always tyoed 'git gud'? Surely an op player such as yourself doesn't need a full team to win or wouldn't see any challenge in being part of a steam rolling group?

This right here.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member

This right here.

You’re correct I don’t need a team to win, however it is a good thing to help out other players, and have them help you
  • DJ1
    48 posts Member

This right here.

You’re correct I don’t need a team to win, however it is a good thing to help out other players, and have them help you

Insightful ;) but your thread isn't about people helping each other, which implies free association ... instead it's about regulating people, which implies coercion

For someone using the word 'punx' why are you favouring control measures?
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    They need to have a quitting penalty. Too many sweaty, quitters who leave when someone better comes along
  • many "quits" happen because people need a quick break between rounds (peeing, pooping, whatnot), and the time between is almost but not quite long enough, you can tell because they disappear right at the start

increase the timeout to get booted
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    No. Here's a better idea: if you play in a party, your maximum health should be halved, and so should your weapon damage.

Parties want to team up to dominate random lobbies? Ok, then handicap them for taking advantage of the non-existent matchmaking system. Give random public players the chance they deserve to beat the parties of experienced players.

Lmao They would still crush lobbies I guarantee it. 95% of people who play this game suck. That being said its still a dumb idea. Legit get good
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• DJ1
    48 posts Member
    They need to have a quitting penalty. Too many sweaty, quitters who leave when someone better comes along

... which makes your previous statement about 'helping' each other a fake post

But the root of your contradiction is simple - this is clearly a thread that you've created to wind people up ... gg :)
  • MC_XIX
    2247 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

Lmao They would still crush lobbies I guarantee it. 95% of people who play this game suck. That being said its still a dumb idea. Legit get good

They would still have an advantage, but a much slimmer one. Even random public players would be able to take down enemies with 300 or 400 health while they have double that, and double the damage output. It would be much more balanced between the teams.

And what are you talking about when you say get good? Doesn't matter how good you are, you are never going to beat a pre-made lobby with random teammates. Not ever, unless somehow you are teamed up with 3 very experienced and skilled players and the map is Kashyyyk. Get good yourself and be realistic.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Just impose a ban on players restarting games/lobbies immediately after quitting. 5-10 min isn’t going to kill you
  • hatreds_wrath
    486 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Just impose a ban on players restarting games/lobbies immediately after quitting. 5-10 min isn’t going to kill you

Yes it will. Its tied to my vitals. DICE please allow us to keep on quitting.
  • As long as they don’t bring back the Target system. Trash right there.
  • Jenga_Fett1
    731 posts Member
    edited January 12
    If you leave the game you should be unable to play for life.
  • If you leave the game you should be unable to play for life.

Any video game. Ever.

As a matter of fact, if you quit, it should also brick your console.

• bfloo
    16577 posts Member
    As long as they don’t bring back the Target system. Trash right there.

Hero tdm isn't any better.

So far the 2015 game HvV was still the best one, and that had its flaws as well.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Well, c'mon ... compare it to the original battlefront 2005 version of HvV. It was hack'n'slash solely, pure chaos. Target system was kinda worse since everybody was rushing at one person. But at least they took the risk to introduce some more tactics to this game mode.

With it now being tdm it is far more enjoyable. It is better than 2005 and better than in the beginning of 2017. 2015 was kinda underwhelming for me tbh, since I don't want to fight against troopers in this mode, I wanna fight heroes.

So tbh, the approach they have currently in place is a nice one.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    2015 BF had its moments, but 15’s HvV blew
  • After more time of dedicated HvV play I can now say a majority of my team leaves whenever they think we can’t win, it usually happens within the first few minutes. I’ve had multiple instances where half the team has quit just for us to hold off long enough for more players to join and we make a comeback. Usually it’s not a team issue, just a teamwork issue where people don’t want to work together in basic ways such as flanking or group buffing. I’ve also noticed a large amount of newer players who aren’t yet comfortable in the mode so when they feel overwhelmed they leave.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    After more time of dedicated HvV play I can now say a majority of my team leaves whenever they think we can’t win, it usually happens within the first few minutes. I’ve had multiple instances where half the team has quit just for us to hold off long enough for more players to join and we make a comeback. Usually it’s not a team issue, just a teamwork issue where people don’t want to work together in basic ways such as flanking or group buffing. I’ve also noticed a large amount of newer players who aren’t yet comfortable in the mode so when they feel overwhelmed they leave.

I just started playing the game after about a 6 month hiatus, and it’s worse then ever. The TS even with its flaws, still made the game fun. HvV is now a mess with sweaty players, who the second started getting their butts kicked, bail. Might have a lot to do with them streaming the game live, and losing viewers
  • OoiiHooked_22
    4347 posts Member
    edited January 13
    bfloo wrote: »

So far the 2015 game HvV was still the best one, and that had its flaws as well.

15 wasn’t that good, and TS was the worst we’ve had. It had people running and finding glitches more so than usual and were scared to fight like @TjPunx
  • bfloo wrote: »

15 wasn’t that good, and TS was the worst we’ve had. It had people running and finding glitches more so than usual and were scared to fight like @TjPunx

let it go
  • OoiiHooked_22
    4347 posts Member
    edited January 13

let it go

Let the TS go. You’re new new to understand that joke
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member

let it go

Let the TS go

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• ROMG4 wrote: »

let it go

Let the TS go

tcr4vqfdgmjs.jpeg

• Too**
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member

tcr4vqfdgmjs.jpeg

EminentDeadlyGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• bfloo wrote: »

let it go

Let the TS go. You’re new new to understand that joke

:p
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

tcr4vqfdgmjs.jpeg

EminentDeadlyGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

lypjw893ja0l.gif
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 13

Wasn’t scared to fight, but when the exploits were in the game (Hoth), it was funny to watch the sweaty s lose their s***t when they were getting emoted behind a wall

Wasn’t scared to fight, but when the exploits were in the game (Hoth), it was funny to watch the sweaty s lose their s***t when they were getting emptied behind a wall

hsxrhtey26vr.jpeg
  • Just a thought... maybe, just maybe they should fix the main problems that cause people to quit, before punishing those who do. Things like matchmaking, buggy/unbalanced characters, hit detection, the broken/pointless stamina system and many other things.

I'm in no way defending quitters, I'm just saying the small team could use their limited workforce and resources on punishing people or making the game a better experience.
    You should be banned. First time 24 hours, 2,3,4.th time 48 hours, and 10+ for a month or longer
    I agree. If you quit a match for no reason, might as well quit the game.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Usually dont play HvV, but now tried. 3 matches. Quitted all of them. Total stomps/steamrolls. Why should any stick in matches like that? I urge everyone doing so until we get even somekind of matchmaking. (same with GA).
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Usually dont play HvV, but now tried. 3 matches. Quitted all of them. Total stomps/steamrolls. Why should any stick in matches like that? I urge everyone doing so until we get even somekind of matchmaking. (same with GA).

The targeting system helped not have as many quitters

Wasn’t scared to fight, but when the exploits were in the game (Hoth), it was funny to watch the sweaty s lose their s***t when they were getting emoted behind a wall

Wait a min! Are we all seriously getting lectured about getting timeouts for quitting an HvV match by a wall exploit player?