criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

If you quit in the middle of HvV/game

1235Next

Replies

  • If you’ve got IRL things then that makes sense, but reinstating the TS won’t fix poor sportsmanship and salty players and neither will punishments for leaving. You wanna be a real hero instead of just playing one? Quit whining and making excuses for leaving your team in losing games, winning all the time is not part of any game in existence and isn’t at all a part of this one.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    As long as they don’t bring back the Target system. Trash right there.

    Hero tdm isn't any better.

    So far the 2015 game HvV was still the best one, and that had its flaws as well.

    15 wasn’t that good, and TS was the worst we’ve had. It had people running and finding glitches more so than usual and were scared to fight like @TjPunx

    Wasn’t scared to fight, but when the exploits were in the game (Hoth), it was funny to watch the sweaty s lose their s***t when they were getting emoted behind a wall

    Wait a min! Are we all seriously getting lectured about getting timeouts for quitting an HvV match by a wall exploit player?

    That’s why I’m saying 😂😂 dudes a running joke with his trolls
  • Feelee16
    471 posts Member
    edited January 13
    @TjPunx
    x0dmxu91vod4.gif
    I doubt they'll ever put the TS back in. They took pretty long to take it out. Hopefully you'll get what you want someday but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. I think it'll be best to let it go for now.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    As long as they don’t bring back the Target system. Trash right there.

    Hero tdm isn't any better.

    So far the 2015 game HvV was still the best one, and that had its flaws as well.

    15 wasn’t that good, and TS was the worst we’ve had. It had people running and finding glitches more so than usual and were scared to fight like @TjPunx

    Wasn’t scared to fight, but when the exploits were in the game (Hoth), it was funny to watch the sweaty s lose their s***t when they were getting emoted behind a wall

    Wait a min! Are we all seriously getting lectured about getting timeouts for quitting an HvV match by a wall exploit player?

    Yes
  • As soon as my team goes down more than 5-10 rounds and it's apparent I'm the only one not dying, respawning, dying again without regrouping I'm OUT. Nothing will ever change that. I leave more than half of the HvV lobbies I load into (and I'm almost always the highest score player).

    It's not even about having other "god" or "vet" players on your team... there's just so many ***** on this game that I can recognize within the first few minutes if it's a team worth hanging with or peacing out.

    Nothing could ever be implemented that would force me to stay. Anyone who mains in HvV and is being completely honest* will tell you the same thing.*



  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    If we had communication/in-game chat, it would force players to work together
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Usually dont play HvV, but now tried. 3 matches. Quitted all of them. Total stomps/steamrolls. Why should any stick in matches like that? I urge everyone doing so until we get even somekind of matchmaking. (same with GA).

    The targeting system helped not have as many quitters
    Lol, false
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • >If you quit in the middle of HvV/game

    ...nothing should or will ever happen.

    Blame the game, not the players.

    A game with this wonky combat and Aldi quality balancing, always has people rage quitting. This isn't a competitive game. Its a game held together with duct tape so people can scratch that SW itch.

    And no, matchmaking isn't the answer either, because due to the above, there's no real solution that wouldn't have people of all skill levels bounce around constantly. Levels only mean how long you've played the game, not your skill.
  • craigally
    60 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Definitely not, no one should feel compelled to stay in a match, this isn’t a competitive/vet game, but one for everyone. Forcing people to stay and get steamrolled repeatedly is daft.

    As many others have said, it’s matchmaking that should be fixed. If I could change one thing it would be preventing pre made groups being matched against pugs. It’s groups that are the big issue, they totally unbalance a match
  • Peepzilla
    988 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Calorie wrote: »
    >If you quit in the middle of HvV/game

    ...nothing should or will ever happen.

    Blame the game, not the players.

    A game with this wonky combat and Aldi quality balancing, always has people rage quitting. This isn't a competitive game. Its a game held together with duct tape so people can scratch that SW itch.

    And no, matchmaking isn't the answer either, because due to the above, there's no real solution that wouldn't have people of all skill levels bounce around constantly. Levels only mean how long you've played the game, not your skill.

    I believe most people would prefer matchmaking based on party sizes / individual players, rather than level points. Which I agree, would be a fruitless way to sort the lobbies. Time played does not always translate to skill level in this game.

    Circling back to my original point: a premade group of 4 *****-poor players can still 4v1 combo their way to a win with minimal mouth-breathing over a random team full of newbies and maybe 1-2 vet players.
  • So many things to respond to, so little time(I want to spend responding).

    Let's see if I can get through replying to every post directed at me one by one before they close this thread...
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Again, if a ranked mode, ok I could see your point. But in the current state, you just sound really salty. I don't believe for one second you feel bad for the other players on the team who has a quitter. If you are such an amazing player why should it matter to you at all? You are still going to get your kills. It only makes it sound like you are mad you can't get a 25 kill streak instead of 20.

    I asked you if you know what happens when you assume and you clearly don't.

    It makes you feel insecure for some reason to know that I do care about both teams in a match. I don't want to lose because of a ragequit as much as I don't want to win because of a ragequit.

    I want the matches to be fair. I don't want to collect kills from an outnumbered team, that's just a hollow victory.

    It's not hard to understand but you have difficulty comprehending this concept.

  • I've quit at least 10 times today in your honor, OP.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    So many things to respond to, so little time(I want to spend responding).

    Let's see if I can get through replying to every post directed at me one by one before they close this thread...
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Again, if a ranked mode, ok I could see your point. But in the current state, you just sound really salty. I don't believe for one second you feel bad for the other players on the team who has a quitter. If you are such an amazing player why should it matter to you at all? You are still going to get your kills. It only makes it sound like you are mad you can't get a 25 kill streak instead of 20.

    I asked you if you know what happens when you assume and you clearly don't.

    It makes you feel insecure for some reason to know that I do care about both teams in a match. I don't want to lose because of a ragequit as much as I don't want to win because of a ragequit.

    I want the matches to be fair. I don't want to collect kills from an outnumbered team, that's just a hollow victory.

    It's not hard to understand but you have difficulty comprehending this concept.

    There's an easy solution but people rarely do it: sit back and wait for the lobby to refill. It always happens, it's just a matter of when. But everyone is chasing high score on a mode that rewards assists and damage over kills anyway, so that's why it never happens.

    In the rare times I'm playing with people we fall back or allow even numbers (1v1, 2v2, etc.) and the other team usually notices, the fights last longer and the lobby eventually fills with players who want to help turn the tide.

    Try that out. I'm only suggesting this because there will never be a punishment for leaving a casual video game like this. So it's better to focus on other ways around this problem you're having -- and that's my suggestion to you.
  • I've always done that when someone on the enemy team quits. I will just go to a high place, remove myself from the fights and watch until a new player comes.

    It really isn't that serious.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    You should be banned. First time 24 hours, 2,3,4.th time 48 hours, and 10+ for a month or longer
    I agree. If you quit a match for no reason, might as well quit the game.

    Underrated post lmao
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • they can't "fix" matchmaking

    there aren't enough people on at a given time to have well matched teams without making matches delay for 10-30 minutes (and you'd be playing the same people over and over)...as it is now players bail when a match doesn't start immediately (because broken server code sometimes stops filling open slots indefinitely)

    there aren't even enough players to quickly fill empty spots in games, what I usually see on xbone is a match quickly falls to 3 people on one side and then stays that way for several minutes

    the only way to fix the mode is to bring back target system (toldja) or something very similar in terms of objective play

    The longest I have waited for a game of HvV to fill up recently was only like 3-4 minutes and that happened once. Its usually filled in a minute

    Really? What happened when you woke up from that dream? 3-4 mins is the low end on a BUSY night. WTH hell would bringing back the target system do anyway? Besides make it easier for the other team to pinpoint you with relying that pathetic excuse for radar?
  • they can't "fix" matchmaking

    there aren't enough people on at a given time to have well matched teams without making matches delay for 10-30 minutes (and you'd be playing the same people over and over)...as it is now players bail when a match doesn't start immediately (because broken server code sometimes stops filling open slots indefinitely)

    there aren't even enough players to quickly fill empty spots in games, what I usually see on xbone is a match quickly falls to 3 people on one side and then stays that way for several minutes

    the only way to fix the mode is to bring back target system (toldja) or something very similar in terms of objective play

    The longest I have waited for a game of HvV to fill up recently was only like 3-4 minutes and that happened once. Its usually filled in a minute

    Really? What happened when you woke up from that dream? 3-4 mins is the low end on a BUSY night. WTH hell would bringing back the target system do anyway? Besides make it easier for the other team to pinpoint you with relying that pathetic excuse for radar?

    Actually I never have to wait more than a minute or two tops for a match. Maybe its different for console players? Also I rarely run into people I've played with previously.
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    As long as they don’t bring back the Target system. Trash right there.

    Hero tdm isn't any better.

    So far the 2015 game HvV was still the best one, and that had its flaws as well.

    15 wasn’t that good, and TS was the worst we’ve had. It had people running and finding glitches more so than usual and were scared to fight like @TjPunx

    Exploiters were extremely rare for me. I'm not going to bash someone for retreating instead of going 1v4 as the target when the goal is to stay alive.

    The ticket system, despite all its flaws, had more balanced games than tdm does for me. The games where the ticket difference is 5 or less at the end are fun. But with 9/10 games complete blow outs, it is just awful.

    I'm also not a tdm fan in general.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I get the sentiment about quitters....

    But, every single thing about this game screams casual. There's no stats, no win/losses, no real reason at all to care about winning or losing matches. The whole game is just built around the premise of just playing and having some fun.

    If it were a competitive game with win/losses and stats, I'd say that quitters should be penalized because it really impacts the game when people quit and it's tough to win matches if people are quitting out.

    But....winning doesn't matter in this game. I have to say it's the first online shooter I've ever played that had no stats for wins and losses and the first game where I look at the results screen and it doesn't matter one bit to me. I mean, it would be like going to school and having no grades or report cards.

    So I don't care if people quit or not and really don't think there should be penalties for something that doesn't matter in the first place.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    DJ1 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Stop trying to justify stomping. It's pathetic.

    More like: I want to be sure the I can’t just walk over them for 4min and feel powerful lol

    I said ragequitting, Idk why you edited it.

    So as I asked ... you play in pre-made groups, right?

    You assumed and you know what happens when you assume, right?....

    No, I don't play in pre-made groups.

    A 10min ban will do wonders for the mode. A lot of people will just finish matches out instead of getting the penalty.

    Also not everyone will throw a tantrum like a child at the first taste of salt in a match and do nonsense like wait a few min to be kicked, suicide over & over, or stand around emoting.

    Please, DICE implement a quitting penalty in some way, shape, or form.

    Ragequitting is glorified in today's gaming culture and it's lame.

    Is punishing people who want to leave from lag really worth sticking it to ragequitters..? Probably not.

    On top of the fact that HVV is not ranked and nothing is tracked.. It doesn't even really matter.

    The old lag excuse...

    If one match is laggy, you tough it and finish the match then quit. If you get lag a lot then that's a personal problem. Battlefront 2 is not inherently laggy.

    It's worth it because stopping people from ragequitting stops people abandoning teams and leaving them unfairly outnumbered.



    If a team is down by 25 and hasn't gotten a kill, does it matter if that team ends up outnumbered?

    But that's not a typical match is it? I want a a penalty for typical ragequitting that ruins matches.

    That's a complete blowout and if the match is going by that fast anyways you might as well finish it and then find a new lobby.

  • I see quitting when there is barely any gap or even when the quitter team is leading

    obviously there are many reasons people quit, but the core problem is the mode is thrown way out of balance when it happens

    needs an objective to moderate this effect
  • This thread is still alive?
  • SSJSnoop
    2225 posts Member
    edited January 15
    TjPunx wrote: »
    They need to have a quitting penalty. Too many sweaty, quitters who leave when someone better comes along

    This is the truth. People have so many excuses for why people quit but this is the heart of it.

    Also people really forgot that players ragequit just as much with the target system as with the tdm system.
    It's still the same. Nothing changed.

    A simple 10penalty to deter ragequitting in a 4v4 mode is not an outlandish request.
  • IcedFreon
    911 posts Member
    edited January 15


    So they should all be penalized???
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    DJ1 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Stop trying to justify stomping. It's pathetic.

    More like: I want to be sure the I can’t just walk over them for 4min and feel powerful lol

    I said ragequitting, Idk why you edited it.

    So as I asked ... you play in pre-made groups, right?

    You assumed and you know what happens when you assume, right?....

    No, I don't play in pre-made groups.

    A 10min ban will do wonders for the mode. A lot of people will just finish matches out instead of getting the penalty.

    Also not everyone will throw a tantrum like a child at the first taste of salt in a match and do nonsense like wait a few min to be kicked, suicide over & over, or stand around emoting.

    Please, DICE implement a quitting penalty in some way, shape, or form.

    Ragequitting is glorified in today's gaming culture and it's lame.

    Is punishing people who want to leave from lag really worth sticking it to ragequitters..? Probably not.

    On top of the fact that HVV is not ranked and nothing is tracked.. It doesn't even really matter.

    The old lag excuse...

    If one match is laggy, you tough it and finish the match then quit. If you get lag a lot then that's a personal problem. Battlefront 2 is not inherently laggy.

    It's worth it because stopping people from ragequitting stops people abandoning teams and leaving them unfairly outnumbered.



    If a team is down by 25 and hasn't gotten a kill, does it matter if that team ends up outnumbered?

    But that's not a typical match is it? I want a a penalty for typical ragequitting that ruins matches.

    That's a complete blowout and if the match is going by that fast anyways you might as well finish it and then find a new lobby.

    It is 4/5 for me.

    I accepted long ago that once this happens, it will take hours for matchmaking to put me in a level lobby, so once I quit, it is off to a different game.

    It has been this way since launch.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Banned? Nah bro thats over stepping it a tinny bit. I agree should be some harsh penalty thou. Maybe docking credits from the account- maybe something like 350 as thats the casual reward from matches.

    As well as maybe being locked out of matches for 15 mins. As well as a icon in game that cant be gotten rid of. something like a emoji of a chicken or a baby in diper with a pacifier in their mouth.
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Banned? Nah bro thats over stepping it a tinny bit. I agree should be some harsh penalty thou. Maybe docking credits from the account- maybe something like 350 as thats the casual reward from matches.

    As well as maybe being locked out of matches for 15 mins. As well as a icon in game that cant be gotten rid of. something like a emoji of a chicken or a baby in diper with a pacifier in their mouth.

    I don't think credits will motivate, if they did no one would quit You already lose credits if you quit before the match ends.
    The emoji baby in diaper is friggin hillarious though! Please do this.
  • Whats the point to stay in a Team that only feeds the enemy Team ?

    Nothing...
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Banned? Nah bro thats over stepping it a tinny bit. I agree should be some harsh penalty thou. Maybe docking credits from the account- maybe something like 350 as thats the casual reward from matches.

    As well as maybe being locked out of matches for 15 mins. As well as a icon in game that cant be gotten rid of. something like a emoji of a chicken or a baby in diper with a pacifier in their mouth.

    If only this game had more players. They could just pair the quitters with other quitters.
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Banned? Nah bro thats over stepping it a tinny bit. I agree should be some harsh penalty thou. Maybe docking credits from the account- maybe something like 350 as thats the casual reward from matches.

    As well as maybe being locked out of matches for 15 mins. As well as a icon in game that cant be gotten rid of. something like a emoji of a chicken or a baby in diper with a pacifier in their mouth.

    There will never be a penalty let alone your ridiculously juvenile suggestions here. The only babies are those whining because their pre-made team doesn't get to feast on the full amount of players. Waa waa.

    And it's spelt "diaper," you'll probably get it down when you're out of one.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I have some mis-matched HvV matches to quit out of.
  • I often find you can gauge your team by whether all players have selected a character before the count down timer has expired to commence the match. If a player hasn't when it starts, they nearly always wind up quitting the game in the first couple of minutes leaving your team stuffed due to numerical imbalance.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I often find you can gauge your team by whether all players have selected a character before the count down timer has expired to commence the match. If a player hasn't when it starts, they nearly always wind up quitting the game in the first couple of minutes leaving your team stuffed due to numerical imbalance.

    Fix: replace quitters with AI heroes temporarily til another real player joins
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!