criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Saber block need to reflect palp lighting back

Like in the movies saber block need to reflect palpatines lighting back to him this will be a good nerf to this op hero.

Replies

• LordMuro wrote: »
    Like in the movies saber block need to reflect palpatines lighting back to him this will be a good nerf to this op hero.

But you have to aim it back at him like regular gunfire and not be an automatic bounce back. I think EA should create an offline training room so people can learn to counter him. lol

giphy.gif

Am I missing something? Don't sabers just absorb the lightning?

But you have to aim it back at him like regular gunfire and not be an automatic bounce back. I think EA should create an offline training room so people can learn to counter him. lol

Buuuut if Palps doesn't need to aim, why should the person blocking??? lol
  • if youre blocking his lightning and youre in his face , yeah but at a range no.
  • Would be nice indeed.

At least that 1 or 2 character can refelect his attacks.
  • I don’t think the lightning was truly reflected back in the same way blaster bolts are. The person was still blocking/absorbing the lightning but similar to Mace Windu, the saber was too close to Palpatine so he was burned in the process. The person charged towards Palp and didn’t stand in place. Only when they got close is when it hurt him. I don’t think we should have Jedi reflecting back lightning now as a result.
  • relleuM wrote: »
    I don’t think the lightning was truly reflected back in the same way blaster bolts are. The person was still blocking/absorbing the lightning but similar to Mace Windu, the saber was too close to Palpatine so he was burned in the process. The person charged towards Palp and didn’t stand in place. Only when they got close is when it hurt him. I don’t think we should have Jedi reflecting back lightning now as a result.

Reflecting lightning is for game balance not canonical accuracy - I don’t care if it happened in the movies or not or how, it is simply a needed game mechanic. Besides, when did Lando use a disabler to stun people or when did we see Luke repulse a bunch of enemies? I can’t recall Leia tossing down a deployable shield in the movies. It’s a game not a movie.

• [/quote]

Buuuut if Palps doesn't need to aim, why should the person blocking??? lol[/quote]

lol was thinking exactly the same thing as soon as i read that
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    321 posts Member
    edited January 13
    [edit: uhhh I didn't realize I posted this here... this was meant for a Yoda thread lol sorry guys I have too many tabs open]

ttaww8l1dply.jpeg
    Or we could give Yoda Smite. Lol
    Post edited by Scion_of_Yggdrasil on
    I don’t think the lightning was truly reflected back in the same way blaster bolts are. The person was still blocking/absorbing the lightning but similar to Mace Windu, the saber was too close to Palpatine so he was burned in the process. The person charged towards Palp and didn’t stand in place. Only when they got close is when it hurt him. I don’t think we should have Jedi reflecting back lightning now as a result.

Reflecting lightning is for game balance not canonical accuracy - I don’t care if it happened in the movies or not or how, it is simply a needed game mechanic. Besides, when did Lando use a disabler to stun people or when did we see Luke repulse a bunch of enemies? I can’t recall Leia tossing down a deployable shield in the movies. It’s a game not a movie.

True, but there is a difference between giving someone additional abilities and changing the way established forcepowers work. It was something special when Yoda managed to toss Dooku's lightning back at him, something that he couldn't manage with Palp's.
    Force lightning, in all Star Wars media I know, can't just be reflected with a lightsaber, just blocked.
    Giving Leia a shield makes sense, since she is a general, and Lando could have had a disable. And Luke's Repulse makes sense as a force Power, imo, and doesn't change the way "his" force works
  • I think it is balance enough that Palpatine can't block any damage

Well in the Windu example it seems that Palps allowed himself to be damaged in order to fully initiate Anakin to the dark side. We see it reflected in Episode 9, but that was a little much lol. I think they could reduce the stamina drain, but reflecting it back just wouldn't really work out.
  • Completely agree. At least make it so his lightning attacks don’t go through block.

Since the Obi-Wan nerf, there really is no counter to Palps outside of Anakin’s pull.
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    relleuM wrote: »

Well in the Windu example it seems that Palps allowed himself to be damaged in order to fully initiate Anakin to the dark side. We see it reflected in Episode 9, but that was a little much lol. I think they could reduce the stamina drain, but reflecting it back just wouldn't really work out.

As far as I understand, not everyone would be able to reflect lightning. Others can block it with their light saber, but unless they are highly trained in tutaminis, that's all they would really be able to do. Mace used Vaapad, another specialized abilty. Rey...
    I like to think she was partly using lightning herself. Since she is inherently skilled in force lightning, thats why she possesses the ability to reflect it with such magnitude

I would like to see Rey reflect lightning at close distances. Yoda/Rey would be the ultimate Emperor counter duo.
  • Completely agree. At least make it so his lightning attacks don’t go through block.

Since the Obi-Wan nerf, there really is no counter to Palps outside of Anakin’s pull.

His lightning doesn't go through block unless you are out of stamina, Hello Anakin :smile: . Chain Lightning does go through block when you have Show No Mercy equipped (Not in the tooltip...). Since lightning is more like consistent damage over time, anytime you drop block for any reason you take damage. Almost all hero moves allow you to take damage while doing them. You are also only immune to the damage while dodging, but if you aren't holding block then you will take some damage.

Side note, Yoda can block Palpatine basic attack infinitely, all force abilities (Except chain lightning example above) for that matter.

Chain Lightning shouldn't go through block...Palpatine is stupid good atm...
  • yoda901
    185 posts Member
    edited January 10
    yoda901 wrote: »

As far as I understand, not everyone would be able to reflect lightning. Others can block it with their light saber, but unless they are highly trained in tutaminis, that's all they would really be able to do. Mace used Vaapad, another specialized abilty. Rey...
    I like to think she was partly using lightning herself. Since she is inherently skilled in force lightning, thats why she possesses the ability to reflect it with such magnitude

I would like to see Rey reflect lightning at close distances. Yoda/Rey would be the ultimate Emperor counter duo.

I could see it reflection lightning withing say 7-10 Yards, maybe reflecting up to 10-15% (Could be higher the close he is) of the damage back, keeping stamina drain the same.

I would like to see Yoda shoot back lightning back to the Emperor as he does when absorbing Dookus. I also think the window needs to be longer on reflecting back the lightning, it is rather short. I could also see the damage upped by 50 at max from absorbing force lightning. As for Rey, I could see that. I think she needs a little overhaul to be honest, I don't much like her spammy playstyle. Just thoughts.
  • yoda901 wrote: »
    yoda901 wrote: »

I could see it reflection lightning withing say 7-10 Yards, maybe reflecting up to 10-15% (Could be higher the close he is) of the damage back, keeping stamina drain the same.

I would like to see Yoda shoot back lightning back to the Emperor as he does when absorbing Dookus. I also think the window needs to be longer on reflecting back the lightning, it is rather short. I could also see the damage upped by 50 at max from absorbing force lightning. As for Rey, I could see that. I think she needs a little overhaul to be honest, I don't much like her spammy playstyle. Just thoughts.

Hello fellow Yoda! Yes yes yes. I want Yoda to be able to reflect default emperor lightning too but with no bonus dmg, and add a great dmg boost to when you reflect dookus or emperors ground lightning attack. I also think Yoda should be the exception to chain lightning bypassing block). It doesn't happen often (skilled players rarely fall for Yoda's reflect, you have to bait them, or they just don't even try and only use it when you are fighting someone else with your back turned...) so its rarity should mean its extra punishing when it happens.

Timing... I agree with extending how long he has to reflect (I honestly don't know how much time you have as is, but I always feel panicked to reflect it, resulting in taking hits sometimes), but think it might be a necessary evil. Yoda in the movies either reflected shortly after or absorbed it completely.

What if when he absorbs lightning an icon appears on his ability tab. Like the dodge icon, it will have a small lightning bolt in the center and a white timer that drains, indicating how much time you have before its fully absorbed (turning into his regular push again). Then you can attack or dodge and use abilities freely, without forfeiting the reflect, so long as you use it before the time is up.
  • This would make Palpatine useless in HvV if every saber hero took no damage from his lightning and just blasted it back at him by blocking
  • How bout this: Palpatine's lightning can only be reflected to half the distance it normally travels, and it drains less stamina from the person blocking the further away Palpatine is. That way, it's not as much of a threat to Palpatine to the point of where you have to run away after just sighting a saber-user, while simultaneously giving Palpatine a good nerf. This would apply to all saber heroes except Yoda, who would still absorb it obviously.
  • How bout this: Palpatine's lightning can only be reflected to half the distance it normally travels, and it drains less stamina from the person blocking the further away Palpatine is. That way, it's not as much of a threat to Palpatine to the point of where you have to run away after just sighting a saber-user, while simultaneously giving Palpatine a good nerf. This would apply to all saber heroes except Yoda, who would still absorb it obviously.

I do agree palps needs a good counter or a gentle nerf, or a way to discourage spamming his lightning (which is basically how hes designed to play), but don't think all sabers should be able to reflect his lightning. Correct me if I'm wrong:
    • Obiwan has only ever blocked lightning with his saber
    • Anakin.... done got GOT by Dooku. No reflecty for Ani
    • Rey *TROS spoilers* nuff said
    • Luke... like father like son. Palps zapped him good. No reflect for Luke.
    • Yoda obvi is a boss. Keep on punishing the DS, master.

IF sabers do get reflect, they should only be able to reflect from a very close distance, maybe a quarter of Emperors typical range. Mace windu and another noteworthy Jedi were only able to reflect lightning from directly in front of the Emperor.
  • Just made a forum post on palpatine if anyone is curious here is the link
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152663/palpatine-dark-aura-permanent-immobilization#latest

I do agree palps needs a good counter or a gentle nerf, or a way to discourage spamming his lightning (which is basically how hes designed to play), but don't think all sabers should be able to reflect his lightning. Correct me if I'm wrong:
    • Obiwan has only ever blocked lightning with his saber
    • Anakin.... done got GOT by Dooku. No reflecty for Ani
    • Rey *TROS spoilers* nuff said
    • Luke... like father like son. Palps zapped him good. No reflect for Luke.
    • Yoda obvi is a boss. Keep on punishing the DS, master.

IF sabers do get reflect, they should only be able to reflect from a very close distance, maybe a quarter of Emperors typical range. Mace windu and another noteworthy Jedi were only able to reflect lightning from directly in front of the Emperor.

No
  • I think it is balance enough that Palpatine can't block any damage

I both agree and disagree with this comment, I have level 300+ characters and I agree that palpatine isn't that bad as he cant block however my best friend and my son God father is the best palpatine I've seen or played against he is almost untouchable being able to dodge 90% of abilities and savers coming at him but that's what you get when you have over 2000 hours on the game