criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Really expensive project idea!

The Idea:
So, I am sure that if you are playing Battlefront II, then you have most likely seen the movies, they all suck. Episodes 4 5 and 6 are awesome, content-wise. They have horrible graphics and not the best acting, plus plenty of plot holes and such. The prequels have a few good points, Darth Maul, Droids, Clones, Etc. but overall they have horrible acting, horrible plots, and just all around bad graphics. The sequels need no introduction, they suck, their plots are horrible, the acting is fine, and the graphics are good, but they are still horrible. I think that some YouTubers could possibly band together and recreate the Star Wars movies.

The Process:
Obviously they should start with the Prequels, Phantom Menace to be exact. If they can get sponsors, then this should be a relatively simple process. Actors will no doubt be easy to come by as there are thousands of fans who will love to be in a film. The animation might be kinda hard, but I know that if you know what you are doing it is easy. I know a kid who can make better lightsabers than Phantom Menace had, and he's only fourteen! I think the animation will be easy. Obviously we already have a script, just follow what the original film has and update it. (I.E. Remove Jar Jar)

My Reasoning:
The reasoning behind this post is that I have seen many YouTube videos that take Star Wars as we know and love it, and remake it. Here are a few of them:
1. This is just one of this YouTubers many videos in which he recreates Star Wars posters.

2. These people need no introduction, but here is one anyway, they make awesome videos with very high quality animation.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CorridorDigital

3. Finally, this is probably what pushed this idea over the edge, I have been thinking about this idea for a long time, but this one video is the reason behind all of this, please watch it.

Legal crud:
Of course there are hundreds of legal things that would have to be in place for this to happen, maybe if Disney was all of a sudden kind they would allow this. Maybe Disney would partner and help with this project. That would be cool. But that will probably never happen.

Other Awesome Stuff:
Like in Scene 38 Re-imagined, there should be some flashbacks from other movies, references to older titles. Maybe add better music, and please change the actor for kid Anakin, no offense intended, but please! And (I started a sentence with the word, and, hah! Grammer sux!) if people want the original faces and voices, then you could just pull a Disney and do that thing they did with Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One.
If there are any YouTubers who would like to do this, please start some kind of group or something and get to work on this.

If you agree or disagree, please comment below.
Yeah, you know who I am...

Replies

• ImAGr8Panda
    153 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    The Idea:
    So, I am sure that if you are playing Battlefront II, then you have most likely seen the movies, they all suck. Episodes 4 5 and 6 are awesome, content-wise. They have horrible graphics and not the best acting, plus plenty of plot holes and such. The prequels have a few good points, Darth Maul, Droids, Clones, Etc. but overall they have horrible acting, horrible plots, and just all around bad graphics. The sequels need no introduction, they suck, their plots are horrible, the acting is fine, and the graphics are good, but they are still horrible. I think that some YouTubers could possibly band together and recreate the Star Wars movies.

The Process:
    Obviously they should start with the Prequels, Phantom Menace to be exact. If they can get sponsors, then this should be a relatively simple process. Actors will no doubt be easy to come by as there are thousands of fans who will love to be in a film. The animation might be kinda hard, but I know that if you know what you are doing it is easy. I know a kid who can make better lightsabers than Phantom Menace had, and he's only fourteen! I think the animation will be easy. Obviously we already have a script, just follow what the original film has and update it. (I.E. Remove Jar Jar)

My Reasoning:
    The reasoning behind this post is that I have seen many YouTube videos that take Star Wars as we know and love it, and remake it. Here are a few of them:
    1. This is just one of this YouTubers many videos in which he recreates Star Wars posters.

2. These people need no introduction, but here is one anyway, they make awesome videos with very high quality animation.

3. Finally, this is probably what pushed this idea over the edge, I have been thinking about this idea for a long time, but this one video is the reason behind all of this, please watch it.

Legal crud:
    Of course there are hundreds of legal things that would have to be in place for this to happen, maybe if Disney was all of a sudden kind they would allow this. Maybe Disney would partner and help with this project. That would be cool. But that will probably never happen.

Other Awesome Stuff:
    Like in Scene 38 Re-imagined, there should be some flashbacks from other movies, references to older titles. Maybe add better music, and please change the actor for kid Anakin, no offense intended, but please! And (I started a sentence with the word, and, hah! Grammer sux!) if people want the original faces and voices, then you could just pull a Disney and do that thing they did with Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One.
    If there are any YouTubers who would like to do this, please start some kind of group or something and get to work on this.

Corridor is awsome, 38 Re-imagined took an insanely long time, I am trying to learn CGI and VFX, trust me, its not easy, to make it look realistic and stuff, have you seen the budgets these movies had? The originals don't need to be re-done, they are already perfect. It is not easy, the lightsabers would be the only easy part. The actors and actresses actually have to be able to act and the legal issues alone are impossible. Sorry to shoot you down but people aren't going to sponsor a fan film that will most likely end in disaster. Look at how movies with huge budgets, professional actors/actresses and thousands of people working for them still fail. Won't work, 38 Re-imagined is awsome indeed. Corridor makes short videos, they don't make long movies with years worth of CGI and VFX. People need to be paid and it just wouldn't work. Btw you can't get people to help pay because its a fan film, its against the LucasFilm rules for short films. I'm just assuming you haven't been to film school.
  • ImAGr8Panda
    153 posts Member
    edited January 3
    They aren't going to allow a bunch of kids to make "official" star wars movies.(they already tried that when they let Rian Johnson direct with full creative control) "If Disney was all of a sudden kind"? Sounds like my kid brother making an argument. They aren't going to be "kind" and let people make trashy "official" star wars movies, they are a multi billion dollar company.
  • They aren't going to allow a bunch of kids to make "official" star wars movies.(they already tried that when they let Rian Johnson direct with full creative control) "If Disney was all of a sudden kind"? Sounds like my kid brother making an argument. They aren't going to be "kind" and let people make trashy "official" star wars movies, they are a multi billion dollar company.

The part where I said "Disney was all of a sudden kind" was sarcasm, I know they would never let this happen, but I think they should. Or maybe they should do it themselves.
  • Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    The Idea:

The Process:

My Reasoning:

Legal crud:

Other Awesome Stuff:

Corridor is awsome, 38 Re-imagined took an insanely long time, I am trying to learn CGI and VFX, trust me, its not easy, to make it look realistic and stuff, have you seen the budgets these movies had? The originals don't need to be re-done, they are already perfect. It is not easy, the lightsabers would be the only easy part. The actors and actresses actually have to be able to act and the legal issues alone are impossible. Sorry to shoot you down but people aren't going to sponsor a fan film that will most likely end in disaster. Look at how movies with huge budgets, professional actors/actresses and thousands of people working for them still fail. Won't work, 38 Re-imagined is awsome indeed. Corridor makes short videos, they don't make long movies with years worth of CGI and VFX. People need to be paid and it just wouldn't work. Btw you can't get people to help pay because its a fan film, its against the LucasFilm rules for short films. I'm just assuming you haven't been to film school.

I know that it wouldn't be possible, but I am just throwing this out there on the hope that some crazy radical dude picks it up.
    Cracjaw450 wrote: »
    The Idea:

The Process:

My Reasoning:

Legal crud:

Other Awesome Stuff:

I know that it wouldn't be possible, but I am just throwing this out there on the hope that some crazy radical dude picks it up.

Some crazy radical dude wouldn't do anything with it.(meaning he is high as the sky? Because that's the only way he'd pick it up)
    They aren't going to allow a bunch of kids to make "official" star wars movies.(they already tried that when they let Rian Johnson direct with full creative control) "If Disney was all of a sudden kind"? Sounds like my kid brother making an argument. They aren't going to be "kind" and let people make trashy "official" star wars movies, they are a multi billion dollar company.

The part where I said "Disney was all of a sudden kind" was sarcasm, I know they would never let this happen, but I think they should. Or maybe they should do it themselves.

No they shouldn't. Letting random people do that would be the worst decision ever.(I wouldn't be surprised if they did though with the ***** that is KK as president)