criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

PC version of CS and GA has way too many aimbot cheaters, not worth playing

zidangus
6 posts Member
edited January 4
HvV great, showdown great, Co-op great, but Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assualt are both overrun with cheaters. Every time I played these modes in the last few weeks I get killed sooo many times with one shot from across the map and from behind buildings/objects, 3 out of 5 games it's the same story. This never happens on Co-op when playing against AI, and very rarely on HvV and showdown. It's just CS and GA, it's pointless playing the game it's infested with cheaters. When will dice use anticheat software for multiplayer like BattlEye? until they do I won't be playing CS or GA.

Replies

• I'm sorry to break it to you, but the scenarios you describe can be rationalized through server delay and facing veteran players, who use the NT-242 sniper rifle. I never encounter cheaters, or at least have not yet, but I do encounter moments where, on my screen, I die behind cover after just being in a fire fight only because there is server delay where on the opponent's screen they see me clearly, but on my screen I'm clearly behind cover. The reality is there aren't many cheaters. It is not "infested" with cheaters. In Co-op vs AI and HvV it never happens because there are less players to affect server delay and because AI are not dependent on the servers. I will not deny the existence of cheaters, cos there are many, but their numbers are not as high as you describe.
  • @Zesin you are breaking nothing to me, I know about server delay and your so-called 'veterans' using a sniper rifle. I have been playing this game over a year. What I am talking about and experiencing is not that, it is AIMBOTS! go on CS and GA and way to often I am killed from players across the map with one shot and behind objects that I have been stood behind for at least 10 seconds, even when I manage to get a hero I have been one shot killed multiple times on CS and GA, this has NEVER happened on CO-OP, HvV or showdown. CS and GA is infested with cheaters and to try and tell me its server delay or really good snipers is laughable TBH. I don't care how good you are, one-shot killing a hero from across the map you have to be cheating.

Just google it, there are so many cheats for PC battlefront 2 it's embarrassing that DICE doesn't do anything.

The modes are unplayable on PC until Dice finally gets their fingers out their butts and starts implementing anti-cheat software on multiplayer modes. Until then these game modes are a joke IMO.
  • Yeah, they always say the same hoping you'll be patient instead of telling you they'll address it. Now, it hasn't happened to me recently, so maybe they're addressing it or players understood that's not funny for anyone, even themselves and the game dies.

But I don't like some guys just to try to say you're crazy so I'll share some evidences of the same cases you're referring to several months ago (in Xbox btw, consoles are not free of this as they swear).

Next is an example, Kylo got killed in one shot by Lando, that happened twice consecutively that day, this recording was the second time because I thought the first one was my imagination or their [in]famous server lag:

If it were a server lag it would happen randomly, not consistently with the same character and player.

Another example with infantry:

I insist, I haven't seen these anymore recently, I've seen other abuses, like squads, but they respect game mechanics, which is not cheating.

The game is awesome and it'd be brilliant if they make it offline/private-servers first so real fans' experience is not harmed by people who clearly don't love the game.
  • I think sniping across the map is most definitely achievable; in fact, I do it plenty of times throughout my time playing a match. Honestly, I don't ever run into cheaters, but, based on your hostile and aggressive tone, it seems like you do encounter them frequently, which I also find doubtful. But, sure, do what you think is best by not playing CS or GA, and I agree DICE should take care of these issues.
  • hosco33 wrote: »
    Yeah, they always say the same hoping you'll be patient instead of telling you they'll address it. Now, it hasn't happened to me recently, so maybe they're addressing it or players understood that's not funny for anyone, even themselves and the game dies.

But I don't like some guys just to try to say you're crazy so I'll share some evidences of the same cases you're referring to several months ago (in Xbox btw, consoles are not free of this as they swear).

Next is an example, Kylo got killed in one shot by Lando, that happened twice consecutively that day, this recording was the second time because I thought the first one was my imagination or their [in]famous server lag:

If it were a server lag it would happen randomly, not consistently with the same character and player.

I insist, I haven't seen these anymore recently, I've seen other abuses, like squads, but they respect game mechanics, which is not cheating.

The game is awesome and it'd be brilliant if they make it offline/private-servers first so real fans' experience is not harmed by people who clearly don't love the game.

The A280-CFE one is normal. It’s the mid range EE-4 from BF2015. 1 burst to the head and you’re dead. But, the one shot a Kylo is....unexplainable. I can’t see how that one would work. That may be a glitch or a cheater. Hard to tell though
  • video one you lost half ya health before getting hit lando;t ....
  • zidangus wrote: »
    HvV great, showdown great, Co-op great, but Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assualt are both overrun with cheaters. Every time I played these modes in the last few weeks I get killed sooo many times with one shot from across the map and from behind buildings/objects, 3 out of 5 games it's the same story. This never happens on Co-op when playing against AI, and very rarely on HvV and showdown. It's just CS and GA, it's pointless playing the game it's infested with cheaters. When will dice use anticheat software for multiplayer like BattlEye? until they do I won't be playing CS or GA.

Been playing PC version for over a year and probably seen 2 actual cheaters. I also mainly play GA. Sorry but you probably just need to practice more. Getting to know the maps and where players generally go or snipe from is key.
    Yeah, they always say the same hoping you'll be patient instead of telling you they'll address it. Now, it hasn't happened to me recently, so maybe they're addressing it or players understood that's not funny for anyone, even themselves and the game dies.

The A280-CFE one is normal. It’s the mid range EE-4 from BF2015. 1 burst to the head and you’re dead. But, the one shot a Kylo is....unexplainable. I can’t see how that one would work. That may be a glitch or a cheater. Hard to tell though

The Kylo vid you see the health dropping almost half way and then dead. Seems more like a 2 shot. Wonder if there was a sniper headshot somewhere.
  • relleuM wrote: »

Been playing PC version for over a year and probably seen 2 actual cheaters. I also mainly play GA. Sorry but you probably just need to practice more. Getting to know the maps and where players generally go or snipe from is key.

Not everyone has the same experience, I've seen 3 obvious cheaters in the last month (aimbot and forced instant kill). If you dig around about how this game's anti-cheat works, it's pretty poop at detecting cheaters efficiently and they slip through by abusing the system.

Cheaters in any game also tend to pop up in the non prime time hours from the usual suspect countries because of time differences. This game doesn't seem region locked, but I haven't seen anything that says it is.
    relleuM wrote: »

The Kylo vid you see the health dropping almost half way and then dead. Seems more like a 2 shot. Wonder if there was a sniper headshot somewhere.

Imagine if the hitboxes just freaked out/lagged and the damage culprit was the Rey swinging at the Phasma, I slowed it down to 0.25 speed and I couldn't anything else that would've done it.
  • Neonred_90 wrote: »
    relleuM wrote: »

Not everyone has the same experience, I've seen 3 obvious cheaters in the last month (aimbot and forced instant kill). If you dig around about how this game's anti-cheat works, it's pretty poop at detecting cheaters efficiently and they slip through by abusing the system.

Cheaters in any game also tend to pop up in the non prime time hours from the usual suspect countries because of time differences. This game doesn't seem region locked, but I haven't seen anything that says it is.

I used to play counter-strike competitively for many years and always saw players complaining daily about hackers and I was called a hacker numerous times. I met who would become my best friends in college after joining a LAN game and they were adamant I was cheating, so they came to see me play in person to find out I wasn’t.

Just last night I was playing BF2 and text chat was littered with complaints over hackers, though I didn’t really see anything special going on. I don’t doubt that there are hackers, I just usually give the benefit of the doubt because I know what good players can do. Especially those who are half my age with much faster reflexes then I have now and far more time to play and improve upon their skills.

The 2 hackers I can confirm in BF2 for my entire time played were somehow shooting through walls.
  • hosco33
    395 posts Member
    edited January 8
    RAKM3iST3R wrote: »
    video one you lost half ya health before getting hit lando;t ....

that's a lie and that's the reason we get mad. You are a flat earther or just don't want DICE to do anything in your convenience.

The same for @relleuM , how corrupt you could be to having such proofs and still remain lying.
    RAKM3iST3R wrote: »
    video one you lost half ya health before getting hit lando;t ....

that's a lie and that's the reason we get mad. You are a flat earther or just don't want DICE to do anything in your convenience.

The same for @relleuM , how corrupt you could be to having such proofs and still remain lying.

Lol I just watched the video for Kylo again. You literally see the health bar drop to half and then dead. Don’t know how saying so makes me corrupt but to each their own.
  • Geri_mester
    3 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Yesterday i saw someone in SA with a purple card on a level 12 fighter, even tho you unlock the purple cards at level 25.
  • Yesterday i saw someone in SA with a purple card on a level 12 fighter, even tho you unlock the purple cards at level 25.

Was it Rey/chewie or Kylo Ren? You get a purple card for them if you give ea more money for specific edition. I got em at release for preordering, not sure if other versions offered this as well but probably did
  • Yesterday i saw someone in SA with a purple card on a level 12 fighter, even tho you unlock the purple cards at level 25.

Was it Rey/chewie or Kylo Ren? You get a purple card for them if you give ea more money for specific edition. I got em at release for preordering, not sure if other versions offered this as well but probably did

I think it was a regular fighter. I don't know about the gift card, but if that's the case, than maybe you are right. Perhaps i am wrong about the ship/class.
  • I watched the videos above to see what this is all about.

I does look suspicious but it's hard to determine if you weren't part of the match.

I used to be a sniper in almost every game I played. An experienced sniper focusing on nothing else can be a real pain in the *****. Especially if he adjust all his hardware and settings to this task and has a routine in that particular game as well as being one with the game mechanics.
    It is possible to hit someone all across the map if he is really good. But then again luck and skill has to be extremely high.

I don't know if I could live up to what I'm used to be. I've become older. My reflexes are slower and my brain as well. But once you learned how to ride a bike you never forget it.

I once tested an aimbot. It was way back when we played Unreal Tournament Assault i the 1990's. It was on a private server.
    It was interesting to experience how these work. That was also the reason we tried it. We wanted to be able to determine if you could see the difference between a skilled player and a bot. And you actually could. The aimbot is extremely fast. You can feel the difference.
    But ultimately there was no fun in it. This was the first and only time I ever tried such a thing. After all it would have been an unsatisfying to take credit for someone else's work. I didn't fire and hit something. The aimbot did.