criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

I don’t want to fly and fight in Space anymore

Who remembers in Battlefront 1 when we would fight on the planet. Who remembers when we flew in those trenches like Death Star, Jabbas Palace or Hoth if some OG pilots remembers. Because being in space has well a lot of space and easy “terrain” to fly around idk it’s my opinion and I just want that Star Wars feel to it

Replies

• I never play SA anymore as it's just too easy... I had about 6 months away from playing it, decided to have a go and came top in the first three games..Zzzzzzzzzz

I enjoyed the previous games where you could fight along with ground forces... I'd love to be able to land and take off on maps again too.

giphy.gif

• I never play SA anymore as it's just too easy... I had about 6 months away from playing it, decided to have a go and came top in the first three games..Zzzzzzzzzz

I enjoyed the previous games where you could fight along with ground forces... I'd love to be able to land and take off on maps again too.

Well, the latter is possible in GA (without the landing and takin off, cause that's sadly not how EA's/DICE's Battlefront works, due to balancing etc). And I like the space maps in SA, but I still totally agree, Some Atmosphere-maps designed for SA (those in GA have just a very tiny area where anything exiting happens, unless you get to dogfight with other players).

Trench Run, Canyons, a bigger Jakku-map etc.

All in all, give us maps or areas on maps that are actually hard to fly through and survive. Some parts of the Trench run were actually pretty exiting to fly through. Give us more of that: small spaces and tunnels where the skilled pilots can show their skills!
  • I like the space combat cuz I don't have to worry about hitting a floor, but I can see how space in every map can get boring.
  • TaydarRoe wrote: »
    I like the space combat cuz I don't have to worry about hitting a floor, but I can see how space in every map can get boring.

Well, some of the maps have waay more debris than any Starfighter map in BF2015, and some (like Kamino or Fondor, if you will) have some sort of floor as well.
  • I miss my LAAT
  • I love space combat, but I'd really like to see also starfighters in the sky, fighting with the ground forces.
  • OcDoc
    2093 posts Member
    I have no idea if DICE play-tested something like this but it seems like it would be so cool to have at least one map where there was a proper ground battle going on at the same exact time as a proper air battle. Right now there are really just a couple actual players in the sky and the rest is bot cinema.

Who knows though... could be lame (or nothing special).
  • Battlefront 1 in some points was a way better Star Wars experience.
  • The title of this thread sounds like it would be the name of a new Pink Floyd song.
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    The title of this thread sounds like it would be the name of a new Pink Floyd song.

LOL true!
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    LafenChuck wrote: »
    Battlefront 1 in some points was a way better Star Wars experience.

It had better background battles going on. Even during FS, you could see a ground battle going on on most of the maps.

This game just never captured the feel like the 2015 game did.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

It had better background battles going on. Even during FS, you could see a ground battle going on on most of the maps.

What? Are you sure? I am pretty certain that those maps were pretty empty except maybe a few Turbolasers.
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

What? Are you sure? I am pretty certain that those maps were pretty empty except maybe a few Turbolasers.

I remember the Tatooine map you could see the back and forth blaster fire
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

I remember the Tatooine map you could see the back and forth blaster fire

Really? Huh...
    Weren't both maps pretty isolated locations where no ground-map version existed?

Well if you are right that is pretty cool and Somehow I seem to have missed that