criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Either buff rolling, or nerf saber tracking. Blaster Heroes are at a severe disadvantage.

Prev13
The saber-tracking is so strong, You could be 5 feet in front of Vader, running and with 1 swing he's on you again.

So, there's 2 solutions:
1. Nerf Saber-Tracking - Make it so that you don't auto-connect with your target, you have to actually time your hits and use some actual skill .

2. Buff Rolling - Make it so that blaster-heroes have a longer window of immunity to saber-damage while rolling, that'd give blaster-heroes way more of a chance against saber heroes.

I know some of you saber-mains will reply to this and be like "omg no!! they're so good as is I get killed by Han Solo all time!! :(" and to you I just have to say, get good. If a blaster hero kills you while you're a saber hero, they're probably significantly more skilled than you and deserved that kill - with these changes it'd make it more fair across the board, and blaster heroes more playable instead of their current state.
th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
-Lego Yoda

Replies

• I go with the first option. By the ways, sabers do not need a damage buff to compensate. I’ve seen people saying all sabers should do 150 or even 200 damage from the front without cards if this happens.
    A very wise Jedi once said, "Don't touch anything."

Stay home and play Battlefront.
  • Eh its about equal.

In HvV I've seen blaster heroes own lightsaber hereos and vice versa

Also depends if your talking PC or Console. I play on console and the gameplay is different than PC

PC with god aim blaster heroes own from what Ive heard
  • Eh its about equal.

In HvV I've seen blaster heroes own lightsaber hereos and vice versa

Also depends if your talking PC or Console. I play on console and the gameplay is different than PC

PC with god aim blaster heroes own from what Ive heard

The simple fact that blaster heroes don't survive an encounter with two heroes is telling, that's not about which support you play on, no support allows that.
    They wreck but get wrecked even easier and cry if you don't babysit them.
    Final point is, do you see yourself winning an engagement when starting with a 200+ hp deficit ? (already having natural less health then taking that initial debilitating CC + the 1-2 hits following before you can actually start to fight).
    You get pulled from nowhere by Kylo/Anakin (and believe me, you will) you might as well hit restart at this point.

• Blaster heroes are great, GiT gUd
  • Both need to happen.

Rolls need to actually work against sabers and force abilities, they need to cancel lunge, and they could likely also travel a bit further.

Saber tracking and lunge needs to be brought down. I’m so tired of someone following me across the map with their magnetic sabers. Would like to saber DPS brought down, as well.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Both need to happen.

Rolls need to actually work against sabers and force abilities, they need to cancel lunge, and they could likely also travel a bit further.

Saber tracking and lunge needs to be brought down. I’m so tired of someone following me across the map with their magnetic sabers. Would like to saber DPS brought down, as well.

On consoles, in HvV a good saber hero will eat for snack a good hero shooter in 9 out of 10 in 1v1 situations, only when babysit hero shooters, they stand a chance. If a hero shooter gets you as a saberlord in a 1v1, maybe this game is not for you.
  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    Both need to happen.

On consoles, in HvV a good saber hero will eat for snack a good hero shooter in 9 out of 10 in 1v1 situations, only when babysit hero shooters, they stand a chance. If a hero shooter gets you as a saberlord in a 1v1, maybe this game is not for you.

Why are you so hostile all the time? Relax, dude.

I understand the balance and state of blaster heroes, but I appreciate your candor.
  • Both need to happen.

I cringe every time I play Boba and literally see them lunge to me from one end of that open area in Mos Eisely to the other end.
  • Both need to happen.

I cringe every time I play Boba and literally see them lunge to me from one end of that open area in Mos Eisely to the other end.

Oh, man. The lunge towards Boba can be hilarious.

Here’s a funny clip from awhile ago;

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cyqyft/sometimes_just_sometimes_the_ridiculous_lunges/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • Both need to happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cyqyft/sometimes_just_sometimes_the_ridiculous_lunges/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Dang that was the craziest lunge I've ever seen haha. Obis lunges drive me crazy more than anyone I think.
  • Both need to happen.

Dang that was the craziest lunge I've ever seen haha. Obis lunges drive me crazy more than anyone I think.

Yeah, Rey has some funny lunge. Was funny seeing her launch off the map, lol.

Ah, yes - Obi’s mile long kick. Love that one.
  • No thank you.

Top tier blaster heroes can compete with the top tier sabers. Although I am all for buffing the 2-3 or so weak blaster heroes.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    No thank you.

Top tier blaster heroes can compete with the top tier sabers. Although I am all for buffing the 2-3 or so weak blaster heroes.

And who would those blasters be that can compete with top tier sabers? Because if you say any name other than Boba, you're wrong. Equal player skill must be taken into account. A good player can beat a bad one, no matter who is used. I killed a Vader with Leia and a GG with Han, both 1v1 earlier today. FYI, the Vader and GG were bad players. And don't come at me with Han LOL. Given EQUAL PLAYER SKILL, Han gets pooped on by any DS saber. Fact.
    No thank you.

So youre essentially saying you need a crutch like saber tracking...

Two equally skilled players, saber comes out on top almost 90% of the time. Theres little to almost no room for error with blasters while sabers can mess up numerous times and still come out on top.
  • Removing saber tracking would be a bad idea. If anything, the right move would be to tone it down a bit.

Imagine playing as a saber hero on Endor and trying to hit a single, base class assault as he's rolling in and out of existence without some measure of saber tracking. Speeders are chasing with their no aim needed splash damage death barrage. Atsts are spamming their anti hero missiles. You're getting stuck on braches and rocks as you need to land 2 hits on every single enemy without any measure of assistance. Doesn't sound like a good idea at all.
  • graveyard3377
    135 posts Member
    edited January 6
    Both need to happen.

When Luke and Anikan join forces to have a spam fest against Boba across the map...
  • Agree op.
  • Both need to happen.

Oh man I'm glad you have that recorded. This happens to me all the time but unfortunately there isn't a handy cliff nearby. In earlier comments on this thread and others I've talked about how that lunge can traverse entire maps at times if it coincides with force pushes.

In Boba's case they can launch vertically with you if you get repulsed or heroic might'd upwards. Then they float back down still swinging and follow you through the air.

Usually they just cling to you like glue while you deplete your dodges
  • I don’t want roll buffed a nerf with saber tracking would do fine. My preferred fix would just be to increase the speed of gun heroes so they actually have a chance to escape, along with a a saber tracking nerf
  • Jenga_Fett1
    769 posts Member
    edited January 6
    https://account.xbox.com/en-us/spashell
    Here’s a clip from last year showing saber tracking.
    A very wise Jedi once said, "Don't touch anything."

Stay home and play Battlefront.
  • The saber-tracking is so strong, You could be 5 feet in front of Vader, running and with 1 swing he's on you again.

So, there's 2 solutions:
    1. Nerf Saber-Tracking - Make it so that you don't auto-connect with your target, you have to actually time your hits and use some actual skill .

2. Buff Rolling - Make it so that blaster-heroes have a longer window of immunity to saber-damage while rolling, that'd give blaster-heroes way more of a chance against saber heroes.

I know some of you saber-mains will reply to this and be like "omg no!! they're so good as is I get killed by Han Solo all time!! :(" and to you I just have to say, get good. If a blaster hero kills you while you're a saber hero, they're probably significantly more skilled than you and deserved that kill - with these changes it'd make it more fair across the board, and blaster heroes more playable instead of their current state.

Don't bring a blaster to a saber fight. However... lunges are redonk right now.

I promise I agree with you to a degree, but.... by significant skill do you mean hiding behind a saber buddy, or shooting a saber in their back while they're fighting someone else? Insulting players with "get good" is a problem in itself. Yes, they should be aware of their surroundings, but you taking advantage while they are preoccupied takes no skill either. You can't get good at blocking splash dmg (iden w/ a guardian is almost impossible). You can't get good at avoiding bugs and glitches (and BF2 is always blighted with a few at any given time). You caaan get good at making due with lag or unrealistic lunges, you just have to work stupid hard. Manipulate the lunges/tracking to your benefit. If you know they are spammy, get your game plan ready, because spammers basically guarantee you a small window for action each time you dodge. You're gonna take hits, but you can definitely do more dmg than what you take. Telling people to get good and asking for buffs in the same post... see the irony? But again, I do agree saber combat is out of hand. I brought gifts... lol

This kill for example. I was proud in the moment lol, but after reviewing... I should not have gotten that first hit. Lunges are way too long right now:

This one is just nonsense... would love to see it from Dookus perspective. He clearly attacks in place multiple times before doing a super lunge:

On the flipside, there are plenty of scenarios where a blaster hero is OP, like if they have a guardian, or if there is enough distance and enough blasters lol. Sorry you might get stuck with players not willing to watch your back, I personally prefer to stick back and heal/keep heat off the blaster, but know most players just run in like berserkers. Fact of the matter is, TDM does not promote team play.

I think tracking should be nerfed, but not removed. Maybe it should only track within a certain cone radius, stemming from where the player is aiming.

Evades aren't all that bad right now honestly... I'm having more issues on the saber end (attacking very close or attacking with a lunge or dash) and seeing my saber hit, hearing the sound, all that jazz...Their back sparks up for crying out loud! But they are unaffected...

I too want a better evade (for both blasters and sabers), since it takes skill to execute with proper timing... skill should be rewarded. Spamming a saber that auto tracks requires no skill, especially with super long lunges.

I would even want a new evade: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152215/add-a-new-evade-standing-evade-no-directional-input#latest
    No thank you.

Two equally skilled players, saber comes out on top almost 90% of the time. Theres little to almost no room for error with blasters while sabers can mess up numerous times and still come out on top.

Well put. Playing with a blaster is very unforgiving. I honestly like it that way. Makes it all the more satisfying when you take a saber down. I think sabers should be unforgiving too though.
  • Being immune to ragdoll when using abilities as heroes/villains does play a part too.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • The saber-tracking is so strong, You could be 5 feet in front of Vader, running and with 1 swing he's on you again.

So, there's 2 solutions:

I promise I agree with you to a degree, but.... by significant skill do you mean hiding behind a saber buddy, or shooting a saber in their back while they're fighting someone else? Insulting players with "get good" is a problem in itself. Yes, they should be aware of their surroundings, but you taking advantage while they are preoccupied takes no skill either. You can't get good at blocking splash dmg (iden w/ a guardian is almost impossible). You can't get good at avoiding bugs and glitches (and BF2 is always blighted with a few at any given time). You caaan get good at making due with lag or unrealistic lunges, you just have to work stupid hard. Manipulate the lunges/tracking to your benefit. If you know they are spammy, get your game plan ready, because spammers basically guarantee you a small window for action each time you dodge. You're gonna take hits, but you can definitely do more dmg than what you take. Telling people to get good and asking for buffs in the same post... see the irony? But again, I do agree saber combat is out of hand. I brought gifts... lol

This kill for example. I was proud in the moment lol, but after reviewing... I should not have gotten that first hit. Lunges are way too long right now:

This one is just nonsense... would love to see it from Dookus perspective. He clearly attacks in place multiple times before doing a super lunge:

On the flipside, there are plenty of scenarios where a blaster hero is OP, like if they have a guardian, or if there is enough distance and enough blasters lol. Sorry you might get stuck with players not willing to watch your back, I personally prefer to stick back and heal/keep heat off the blaster, but know most players just run in like berserkers. Fact of the matter is, TDM does not promote team play.

I think tracking should be nerfed, but not removed. Maybe it should only track within a certain cone radius, stemming from where the player is aiming.

Evades aren't all that bad right now honestly... I'm having more issues on the saber end (attacking very close or attacking with a lunge or dash) and seeing my saber hit, hearing the sound, all that jazz...Their back sparks up for crying out loud! But they are unaffected...

I too want a better evade (for both blasters and sabers), since it takes skill to execute with proper timing... skill should be rewarded. Spamming a saber that auto tracks requires no skill, especially with super long lunges.

I would even want a new evade: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152215/add-a-new-evade-standing-evade-no-directional-input#latest

Why did we not just say don't bring a saber to a blaster fight instead of having roll ruined?

It is also kinda absurd to complain about how others have a block ignoring when they themselves have 0 block and the only defense is a barely functioning roll. Blaster heroes aren't OP for having a guardian, that is a 2v1 situation and in most cases, no one will survive a 2v1 situation regardless of the type of heroes (Boba Fett is the significant one but that's because he has a jetpack).

Keeping blasters at a disadvantage and having an absurd mechanic such as saber tracking because it ruins your 1v1 saber fights in a mode that isn't about 1v1 saber fights and because of lag which is not a problem tied to blaster heroes only are not legitimate reasons.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    No thank you.

No I'm saying when I play a good hero like Han, I don't have any problems.
  • mrnedburns wrote: »
    Meerkat wrote: »
    No thank you.

Nah if the saber player is of anywhere near equal skill you're toast. I love Han but he can't touch a skilled Vader or Grievous 1 on 1.

Or Kylo. Or Dooku. Or Maul.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Removing saber tracking would be a bad idea. If anything, the right move would be to tone it down a bit.

Imagine playing as a saber hero on Endor and trying to hit a single, base class assault as he's rolling in and out of existence without some measure of saber tracking. Speeders are chasing with their no aim needed splash damage death barrage. Atsts are spamming their anti hero missiles. You're getting stuck on braches and rocks as you need to land 2 hits on every single enemy without any measure of assistance. Doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

I'm not saying it needs to be entirely removed, it just needs to be un noticeable, heroes lunging at you from across the map & sabers hitting you while you're rolling behind them is just stupid. Saber-Tracking should only work if the target is very close (saber length), and rolls need to be buffed. Even with a saber-tracking nerf, blaster heroes still have less: DPS, Health, Speed, Dash-Length and Jump Height - utterly absurd to say blaster heroes (not troopers) don't deserve a small buff to their roll to make them more on par with their saber counterparts.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • Just buff blaster damage and call it good.

Removing saber tracking would be a bad idea. If anything, the right move would be to tone it down a bit.

I'm not saying it needs to be entirely removed, it just needs to be un noticeable, heroes lunging at you from across the map & sabers hitting you while you're rolling behind them is just stupid. Saber-Tracking should only work if the target is very close (saber length), and rolls need to be buffed. Even with a saber-tracking nerf, blaster heroes still have less: DPS, Health, Speed, Dash-Length and Jump Height - utterly absurd to say blaster heroes (not troopers) don't deserve a small buff to their roll to make them more on par with their saber counterparts.

Your main concern is for HvV so I agree with that since, in the few times I've played it, blaster heroes got demolished by skilled saber users. But I mainly play GA so the sabertracking is absolutely essential for being effective as a saber hero. Otherwise I'd just be spamming abilities and then waiting for the cooldown
    moistboii wrote: »

Your main concern is for HvV so I agree with that since, in the few times I've played it, blaster heroes got demolished by skilled saber users. But I mainly play GA so the sabertracking is absolutely essential for being effective as a saber hero. Otherwise I'd just be spamming abilities and then waiting for the cooldown

No it also goes to GA. You still get tracked across maps as a jet trooper. It's not essential at all unless you're a straight up trigger masher. People did just as well before it got cranked up.

So, there's 2 solutions:

Why did we not just say don't bring a saber to a blaster fight instead of having roll ruined?

It is also kinda absurd to complain about how others have a block ignoring when they themselves have 0 block and the only defense is a barely functioning roll. Blaster heroes aren't OP for having a guardian, that is a 2v1 situation and in most cases, no one will survive a 2v1 situation regardless of the type of heroes (Boba Fett is the significant one but that's because he has a jetpack).

Keeping blasters at a disadvantage and having an absurd mechanic such as saber tracking because it ruins your 1v1 saber fights in a mode that isn't about 1v1 saber fights and because of lag which is not a problem tied to blaster heroes only are not legitimate reasons.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    moistboii wrote: »

No it also goes to GA. You still get tracked across maps as a jet trooper. It's not essential at all unless you're a straight up trigger masher. People did just as well before it got cranked up.

Well for GA saber tracking needs to stay. If it gets SLIGHTLY toned down I guess that's fine but I actually love saber tracking jet troopers who think they can just fly around me and spam rockets with no consequence lol
  • Imo with the saber auto tracking blaster heroes should have the launch roll back, it’s what Dice originally deemed fit and that’s before all hok cards were introduced. The absurd block/swing time is ridiculous, especially when dash is also available imo. As a blaster hero should be able to roll or shoot without cooling as long as a saber can block or swing. This still doesn’t account for the superior mobility and force moves.

The complaining by sabers have ruined much of this game imo and not becoase of sabers themselves, because of how the game chances to suit them. The game literally revolves around what one group wants and it shouldn’t be that way imo. Vehicles and weapons are nerfed or ruined, really anything that threatens sabers is redone usually in a bad way.

We need more blaster characters designed like Greedo, Bossk15, and Dengar from the last game imo and a Bobba that had a great ee3 and isn’t reliant on rocket spam. For the average player most blaster heroes stand no chance without some type of spam detonite, stun droid, or stun move, due to weak main weapons and awful mobility compared to bf15
  • OP has no idea what he's talking about. Learn to time your rolls. Experienced blaster players can survive certain encounters with a saber character.

Unlike a lot of you newcomers, I actually played this game since beta, back when rolling was basically granting blaster characters godmode. They were close to untouchable. I used to main Leia in those days, someone who doesn't have any stun abilities but could easily roll out of attacks.

No, absolutely no more of that cancerous mechanic. Besides, it defeats all logic, gameplay or canon wise.
    A blaster character is supposed to keep his distance, inflicting damage from afar, and not melt away a MELEE character.
    You get pulled from nowhere by Kylo/Anakin (and believe me, you will) you might as well hit restart at this point.
    Simplistic statement. If Han has his detonite, Lando and Chewie their stuns, they can survive an encounter with Kylo, assuming they have a decent skill level.

And mentioning Anakin, yikes... he is a joke ever since his last nerf. I survived as Boba and Palps against people with Anakin at level 500+. Bossk is the most fragile against him, ever since they ruined his jump, and maybe Iden if she doesn't have her stun droid, but overall she is still a hero melter, I wouldn't complain about her being countered by Anakin.
  • R3volucion wrote: »
    yikes

I'm thankful you inserted the keyword to describe your post.

• I think HvV is driving some seriously tedious mechanics on the heroes. The saber heroes in this game are already easily the least fun that I've played in a Star Wars game. Playing Cal Kestus in Fallen Order is a breath of fresh air vs the "OFF Button" that is stamina in this game.

In co-op, it's far easier to play blaster heroes imo. I clear out the whole place with Finn, Phasma, Chewy, and Bossk. Too often with saber heroes, I get caught with no stamina and cut down quick.
    No thank you.

Then you're playing bad players. Which is actually very believable. A good DS saber player owns Han 1v1 every single time

Well yes.

Saber heroes dominate in a 1v1. In a 4v4 setting the top tier blasters perform very well. Han Solo is one of them and I can keep up with premades sweaties all the same... He is a good character period. Has nothing to do with bad players. No, I can't do it with Chewie or Leia, but they need to be buffed.

I think the only changes that need to be made are to improve the weaker blasters so they can do this too. Not sure about making blasters win 1v1 against sabers.. But then again we are getting a basketball droid to compete with heroes. So I guess our brains are already turned off towards the circus that is about to ensue. So I don't really care either way.
  • R3volucion wrote: »
    Besides, it defeats all logic, gameplay or canon wise.
    A blaster character is supposed to keep his distance, inflicting damage from afar, and not melt away a MELEE character.
    I agree. When the saber closes the gap and I am unable to land my CC or do an outplay I realize that it is my fault. I don't look to DICE to hold my hand.

• Seems to me that whenever I'm in HvV, a blaster hero is a powerful force when flanking behind light saber heroes. The light saber heroes draw the attention and the blaster hero melts people from the back row.

And with how stamina works, a blaster hero should be able to use that as an advantage. If you get caught in close quarters, you SHOULD be in serious trouble. lol
  • The main thing is blaster heroes usually require a few good sabers to keep focus off them to allow flanks and distance. That said me and a few others have dominated lobbies with blasters heroes only,..but we were grouped up not randoms.
    No thank you.

Then you're playing bad players. Which is actually very believable. A good DS saber player owns Han 1v1 every single time

Well yes.

Saber heroes dominate in a 1v1. In a 4v4 setting the top tier blasters perform very well. Han Solo is one of them and I can keep up with premades sweaties all the same... He is a good character period. Has nothing to do with bad players. No, I can't do it with Chewie or Leia, but they need to be buffed.

I think the only changes that need to be made are to improve the weaker blasters so they can do this too. Not sure about making blasters win 1v1 against sabers.. But then again we are getting a basketball droid to compete with heroes. So I guess our brains are already turned off towards the circus that is about to ensue. So I don't really care either way.

Chewy is better than Han in HvV IMO. And yes, I can own most premades regardless of who I'm playing as well. The issues lie in facing a GOOD premade, in which case, LS blasters get farmed. So do Iden, Phasma and Bossk. I'm simply commenting on the imbalance. Good players will always beat bad ones no matter what. But if I'm playing solo against what I know is a good team, you can bet I'm not taking a blaster hero.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    The saber-tracking is so strong, You could be 5 feet in front of Vader, running and with 1 swing he's on you again.

So, there's 2 solutions:

Want to be heard, much (you posted twice)? Who is talking about 1v1 sabers? I'm not... I want tracking nerfed. I want a better evade. I even want an additional type of evade to help because of the very topic this thread is about. Who are you trying to argue with??? :D

BF2 is taking on a very ambitious project, melding two worlds of gaming and mechanics: Melee RPG's and FPS games. As preposterous as this game gets at times, whether it be buffs/nerfs or new heroes and abilities... they've done a darn good job (forgiving the plethora of ongoing bugs).

Im pretty sure none of the available saber heroes were taken down by blasters in canon... Order 66? Whole other deal lol. Blasters should be able to put up a fight, but rarely should they easily win against a saber. This is the way.

Mind you.... these are not padawans. We aren't fighting Finn with a lightsaber. We are fighting Powerful Sith, and Jedi Masters. Blaster heroes are pretty awesome already. Sorry you need to abide by realistic strategies to stay alive when the superior warriors with superior weapons arrive.

This is Star Wars.
    ng8spvkmx6qn.png
    If only those rebels had a better evade... (joke aside, yes please, lets find a happy medium here).
  • Guide to kiing Han because he's apparently iNsAnElY oP: bait the det. charge by holding block or timing dodge, then bait shoulder charge by keeping distance a bit and dodging, then spam your saber until he dies. Simple.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I wouldn’t use canon much as reference for this game or things get very contradictory.

2 master Jedi that couldn’t take down CB

Blasters taking down Jedi quickly.

qqv3z4uum2i5.gif

Also if going by canon Vader and Palpatine destroy most anyone and Yoda needs a huge buff. Vader doesn’t even need a saber to block blaster fire.

h8abrdvv0dce.gif