criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Either buff rolling, or nerf saber tracking. Blaster Heroes are at a severe disadvantage.

13Next

Replies

• bfloo
    17099 posts Member
    MikeDog5k wrote: »
    MMGmind wrote: »
    Blaster heroes are already good like they are. Everytime I see one of them in HvV I run on him because I know how many kills he can take at range... I simply ignore saber heroes enemy to run on their blaster friend because THEY ARE OP when Nobody are seeing them. I'm not saying they can easily win in 1 vs 1. I'm saying that saber heroes is for close combat and blaster heroes is for range/distant combat...

I don't know who you're trying to fool, but it's not very convincing.

He isn't wrong, I'll go after a blaster hero 1st as well.

Been unloaded upon too many times while tied up with saber users.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Well I stand corrected. All this time I thought sabers targeted blasters because they're an easy kill.
    But now I understand, blasters are so OP they must be targeted or my team stands no chance. I mean look at this Lando Annihilating those poor saber users

• bfloo
    17099 posts Member
    MikeDog5k wrote: »
    Well I stand corrected. All this time I thought sabers targeted blasters because they're an easy kill.
    But now I understand, blasters are so OP they must be targeted or my team stands no chance. I mean look at this Lando Annihilating those poor saber users

[/quote]

It isn't that they are op, some are just really good opportunists.

Get the quick kill or crushed with head shots while focusing on another saber user...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    R3volucion wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    You also claim me to be disruptive to this thread yet here you are on a tangent insulting me and ignoring the points I presented to you.
    I can agree that the way you're "debating" is disruptive. It's not really a debate, since all you do is keep repeating like a broken record "roll was ruined", "where was that mindset at launch" on almost every hero thread.

You think that by spamming and flooding "roll was ruined", the devs will listen to you?

Get a grip.
    I'm part of those who've played the game since beta, and as previously stated on my first post here, the roll mechanic up until February 2018 was BROKEN. My Leia could survive AND take down a Kylo and Maul. Bossk was literally unkillable even if attacked by multiple jedi.
    That IS NOT balanced.

Rolling is fine currently. :)
    Skilled players don't whine about not surviving a fight with Vader while playing Han.
    Skilled players don't whine about not surviving a fight with Anakin while playing Iden.
    Skilled, experienced blasters already dominate HvV lobbies.
    Rolling is fine. :)

I was repeating myself because my point was being ignored with massive amounts of deflecting.

The devs listened to "people are too hard to hit, nerf roll"

I've played since the beta, the February nerf to roll and dodge was one of the worse in the game's history. If you could beat a Bossk, Kylo and Maul 3v1 then they must have been awful.

Blasters outside of Boba don't dominant. I could say why but you'd just say "you're just repeating yourself and that is not an argument".

Roll is not fine.

I absolutely agree, Roll was fine before the atrocious nerf - it gave the blaster heroes a way to actually fight back when saber heroes have all of these advantages - Boba Fett is the only blaster hero who even stands a chance at winning a 2v1, and that's only because of his annoying jetpack.

Perfectly summarized. I found it super annoying since I began to play BFII (I'm playing from the game launch), only a very few blaster heroes (Han, Boba and sometimes Phasma) can have a chance 1v1 with saber ones, and ONLY under certain circumstances. I do agree with people who say that blaster heroes should stay away from hand-to-hand combat, but, in reality, it is almost impossible not to get into the fray. Let's think about the 2nd and 3rd phases of Naboo or Hoth, for example.
    And the main problem is exactly in the weakness against the saber, which is understandable but really kills the game. I regretfully choose very rarely a blaster hero because of this unbalanced weakness.
  • Both. Playing as Finn in HvV is depressing when your team is dead. Nerf tracking, keep damage where it is at, it Galactic assault will be awful. Give blaster heroes one or two more rolls and then we shall have peace.

✌️✌️
  • I’d say nerf saber hit boxes, especially in length and the vertical direction. I’m tired of being hit by a guy on the floor while I’m in the air, or dying to a saber that never reached my character.

I have experienced this too many times to say without a nervous breakdown
  • LOL to anyone who think blaster heroes are ever going to get a buff significant enough to to put them on par with saber heroes. Remember this game is meant to cater to the lowest denominator which is saber heroes.

This is the unfortunate reality.

Too many complained about blaster heroes being “OP”, so it’s unlikely we’ll ever see them (or rolls) get any significant buffs to make them equal to sabers.

• hatreds_wrath
    510 posts Member
    edited January 13
    MMGmind wrote: »
    Blaster heroes are already good like they are. Everytime I see one of them in HvV I run on him because I know how many kills he can take at range... I simply ignore saber heroes enemy to run on their blaster friend because THEY ARE OP when Nobody are seeing them. I'm not saying they can easily win in 1 vs 1. I'm saying that saber heroes is for close combat and blaster heroes is for range/distant combat...

Lol So youre just helping the argument. Most arent great to 1v1 against saber users. And especially fending off more than one until help arrives.
  • Why can't blasters win in melee range against sabers..?

I demand that DICE does something immediately.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Why can't blasters win in melee range against sabers..?

Personally I think they should do a small increase in melee damage. Or at least just Chewie and Bossk.
  • No. I can already tell you want the roll to be where it was at launch when you only had to spam the roll button to survive or live longer than 10 seconds. The roll is fine where it is now.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • No. I can already tell you want the roll to be where it was at launch when you only had to spam the roll button to survive or live longer than 10 seconds. The roll is fine where it is now.

No. I can already tell you want roll to be where it is now so you only have to mash the attack button to get the kill in 1.0 seconds. The roll barely works where it is now.

• MikeDog5k wrote: »
    No. I can already tell you want the roll to be where it was at launch when you only had to spam the roll button to survive or live longer than 10 seconds. The roll is fine where it is now.

No. I can already tell you want roll to be where it is now so you only have to mash the attack button to get the kill in 1.0 seconds. The roll barely works where it is now.

I'd say it pretty much doesn't work. I'm always amazed when it actually does dodge something.
  • Alright I've removed the couple of Arguments that were in here, let's leave that out going forward and keep this on topic. You can disagree with someone without resorting to insults.
  • ROMG4
    4730 posts Member
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Why can't blasters win in melee range against sabers..?

tumblr_mnvp3jjlNp1qex0dmo1_500.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg

There's a middle-ground to be had, while blasters shouldn't just be completely immune to sabers simply by rolling every 2 seconds, Sabers shouldn't be able to annihilate blasters in 2 seconds with no chance of escape unless a team mate saves you.. equal skill saber vs blaster, saber wins at all ranges 9/10 times, it doesnt even matter if the blaster hero is at long range, most are fast enough to mitigate that in seconds.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    The saber-tracking is so strong, You could be 5 feet in front of Vader, running and with 1 swing he's on you again.

So, there's 2 solutions:
    1. Nerf Saber-Tracking - Make it so that you don't auto-connect with your target, you have to actually time your hits and use some actual skill .

2. Buff Rolling - Make it so that blaster-heroes have a longer window of immunity to saber-damage while rolling, that'd give blaster-heroes way more of a chance against saber heroes.

I know some of you saber-mains will reply to this and be like "omg no!! they're so good as is I get killed by Han Solo all time!! :(" and to you I just have to say, get good. If a blaster hero kills you while you're a saber hero, they're probably significantly more skilled than you and deserved that kill - with these changes it'd make it more fair across the board, and blaster heroes more playable instead of their current state.

Don't bring a blaster to a saber fight. However... lunges are redonk right now.

I promise I agree with you to a degree, but.... by significant skill do you mean hiding behind a saber buddy, or shooting a saber in their back while they're fighting someone else? Insulting players with "get good" is a problem in itself. Yes, they should be aware of their surroundings, but you taking advantage while they are preoccupied takes no skill either. You can't get good at blocking splash dmg (iden w/ a guardian is almost impossible). You can't get good at avoiding bugs and glitches (and BF2 is always blighted with a few at any given time). You caaan get good at making due with lag or unrealistic lunges, you just have to work stupid hard. Manipulate the lunges/tracking to your benefit. If you know they are spammy, get your game plan ready, because spammers basically guarantee you a small window for action each time you dodge. You're gonna take hits, but you can definitely do more dmg than what you take. Telling people to get good and asking for buffs in the same post... see the irony? But again, I do agree saber combat is out of hand. I brought gifts... lol

This kill for example. I was proud in the moment lol, but after reviewing... I should not have gotten that first hit. Lunges are way too long right now:

This one is just nonsense... would love to see it from Dookus perspective. He clearly attacks in place multiple times before doing a super lunge:

On the flipside, there are plenty of scenarios where a blaster hero is OP, like if they have a guardian, or if there is enough distance and enough blasters lol. Sorry you might get stuck with players not willing to watch your back, I personally prefer to stick back and heal/keep heat off the blaster, but know most players just run in like berserkers. Fact of the matter is, TDM does not promote team play.

I think tracking should be nerfed, but not removed. Maybe it should only track within a certain cone radius, stemming from where the player is aiming.

Evades aren't all that bad right now honestly... I'm having more issues on the saber end (attacking very close or attacking with a lunge or dash) and seeing my saber hit, hearing the sound, all that jazz...Their back sparks up for crying out loud! But they are unaffected...

I too want a better evade (for both blasters and sabers), since it takes skill to execute with proper timing... skill should be rewarded. Spamming a saber that auto tracks requires no skill, especially with super long lunges.

I would even want a new evade: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152215/add-a-new-evade-standing-evade-no-directional-input#latest

Why did we not just say don't bring a saber to a blaster fight instead of having roll ruined?

It is also kinda absurd to complain about how others have a block ignoring when they themselves have 0 block and the only defense is a barely functioning roll. Blaster heroes aren't OP for having a guardian, that is a 2v1 situation and in most cases, no one will survive a 2v1 situation regardless of the type of heroes (Boba Fett is the significant one but that's because he has a jetpack).

Keeping blasters at a disadvantage and having an absurd mechanic such as saber tracking because it ruins your 1v1 saber fights in a mode that isn't about 1v1 saber fights and because of lag which is not a problem tied to blaster heroes only are not legitimate reasons.

Want to be heard, much (you posted twice)? Who is talking about 1v1 sabers? I'm not... I want tracking nerfed. I want a better evade. I even want an additional type of evade to help because of the very topic this thread is about. Who are you trying to argue with??? :D

BF2 is taking on a very ambitious project, melding two worlds of gaming and mechanics: Melee RPG's and FPS games. As preposterous as this game gets at times, whether it be buffs/nerfs or new heroes and abilities... they've done a darn good job (forgiving the plethora of ongoing bugs).

Im pretty sure none of the available saber heroes were taken down by blasters in canon... Order 66? Whole other deal lol. Blasters should be able to put up a fight, but rarely should they easily win against a saber. This is the way.

Mind you.... these are not padawans. We aren't fighting Finn with a lightsaber. We are fighting Powerful Sith, and Jedi Masters. Blaster heroes are pretty awesome already. Sorry you need to abide by realistic strategies to stay alive when the superior warriors with superior weapons arrive.

This is Star Wars.
    ng8spvkmx6qn.png
    If only those rebels had a better evade... (joke aside, yes please, lets find a happy medium here).

I didn't post it twice, duplicate posts are a common bug with these forums

I was arguing you absurd points that Blasters are still good because of lag and 2v1 situations.

Battlefront isn't nor ever has been trying to be an RPG melee game, the saber combat in this game is just a gimmick built on top of an FPS system. The only reason so much time has been spent on the saber combat is that one of the few developers is the hero designer.

Canon and lore have 0 place in a game's balancing, the only reasons blasters are at a disadvantage right now is because roll was ruined (because saber players who couldn't just time their swings complained) and doesn't work, blaster heroes have been nerfed, and Anakin, a hero was designed to be game-breaking overpowered created a power creep.

Again it doesn't matter what happened in canon or lore, that has 0 place in a game. Also again, blasters aren't awesome fighting sabers is more frustrating and isn't the other way around, all blasters have is a roll that doesn't function while sabers have saber tracking, attacks that cause stagger, block, more maneuverability, and bugs that benefit them (spamming swing and getting to ignore abilities) No, sabers shouldn't just get an easier time, this isn't "the way" this is terrible game balancing

Sorry you need to abide by realistic strategies to stay alive when the superior warriors with superior weapons arrive.

I must ask again, where was this mindset before roll was ruined, blaster heroes nerfed, and sabers getting absurd buffs? Why couldn't they have to switch to "realistic strategies"? Why did the game's balance have to be ruined?

No, Star Wars isn't all about a 2 minute clip of Darth Vader of killing people, and again this is a game lore and canon have 0 place here. Also this is Star Wars Battlefront, not some sword fighting game.

I have to agree with Empire here. Multiplayer wise, yes. Lore and cannon don't have much of a place here, if any. This is an FPS at heart and the saber combat is there because lightsaber users are there. I never complained about the roll blaster heroes had because I understood why it was there. Once I got better with heroes, it rarely bothered me. Is Han Solo annoying from time to time? Maybe. But that doesn't stop me from Force Choking him. Blaster heroes can get severely punished in two major ways. There's probably more, but this is from what I've seen. Distance is a major factor because of the saber tracking (which needs to go. I hate it.) If a lightsaber user gets close to you, you're severely punished because there is very little you can do to fight it. Bossk and Han Solo can survive if they know what they're doing, but more often than not even if they do have purple cards, they still get destroyed because of how stupid the saber combat is. The other issue is numbers. Everytime I see someone pick a blaster hero when the other 7 have light sabers, I wish them the best of luck in my mind. Blaster heroes stand no chance against two or three sabers. Against four? You might as well just put the controller down.

Why did the roll have to be nerfed? Why? It was fine the way it was. If you timed your hits correctly, you can ignore the roll. Not complete I think but it was a counter. So many people complained about saber combat because of the changes like managing a stamina bar, knowing when to block and when to counter attack, using your abilities correctly instead of just spamming them mindlessly. Blaster heroes had a chance because roll was a way for them to breath for a second until DICE gave in to the complaining. I see this getting fixed in the form of removing saber tracking (again, I hate it so much as a Vader main,) and/or buffing the roll. Heck I'd even take both. I just want the blaster heroes to have as much of chance of winning a 1v1 as saber heroes do.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.

There's a middle-ground to be had, while blasters shouldn't just be completely immune to sabers simply by rolling every 2 seconds, Sabers shouldn't be able to annihilate blasters in 2 seconds with no chance of escape unless a team mate saves you.. equal skill saber vs blaster, saber wins at all ranges 9/10 times, it doesnt even matter if the blaster hero is at long range, most are fast enough to mitigate that in seconds.

There MUST be some happy medium.

There MUST be some happy medium.

Indeed.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda