criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Add the option to Switch Teams please!

HvV... for reasons beyond our control end up unbalanced. In situations like 2v4, I personally would be okay with switching teams, especially when I’m just in the mood to play the LS or DS.

You would forfeit your points of course, but the score is what matters: it’s a team game.

Replies

• No kidding, it sucks having the other team down a teammate and struggling but you cant even move or be moved to balance teams.
  • I totally agree, this is a must to this game. It would allow us to manually balance teams out. It'll definetly be better then whatever Matchmaking is doing right now.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Even on larger game modes. It's common for players to quit in CS if we return to the ground phase, leaving teams lopsided. Lately they balance out quickly enough, with the increase in new players, so thats nice. Would still be nice in those situations where there's an opening on the other team, and you feel like playing as the other faction.
  • It is really too bad HVV has come to this.
  • When players FO as soon as the match begins. Like the moment it begins!
    This is my least favorite thing.
  • I dont know if thats a good thing. This creates a posture where people will whale and pay for win streaks. This is a major issue with Fortnite already as well as other 'competitive games'

Knowing that stats are now visible according to EA.

We should be forced to get along with other players, its a part of getting better and improving. If ya get laid out in 3.5 seconds keep trying, stop complaining and getting on the 'good guys' side and steam rolling thinking one is good.

It would also create stalking in matches which i personally would have an issue with. Since i am fairly good in HvV and do not want PC players trying to match hunt with / gainst me
  • LafenChuck
    169 posts Member
    edited January 15
    deleted
  • RogueZeroRendar
    2577 posts Member
    edited January 15
    DarthLuke wrote: »
    I dont know if thats a good thing. This creates a posture where people will whale and pay for win streaks. This is a major issue with Fortnite already as well as other 'competitive games'

We should be forced to get along with other players, its a part of getting better and improving. If ya get laid out in 3.5 seconds keep trying, stop complaining and getting on the 'good guys' side and steam rolling thinking one is good.

It would also create stalking in matches which i personally would have an issue with. Since i am fairly good in HvV and do not want PC players trying to match hunt with / gainst me

I don't think Matchmaking should be disabled if this 'change team' system gets implemented. This way, shuffling teams after a planet is done will still take effect as it does now with MM. But as OP mentioned, this is an idea to solve unbalances, not for people to switch to their preferred team. If nothing was done to curb people from switching teams, we would either get hanged in stalemates where everyone wants to play darkside (or with the premade strong team), or, if the game goes on, many quitters because they couldn't change to darkside (or to the premade strong team).

I think restrictions on when you can change teams, and how many can change teams are a must. I'd propose the change team button should only be available when there's at least 2 more people on the bigger team, so everyone on this team gets the option to change teams, and whenever one does it and the difference between players becomes less then 2, then nobody else can do it. Smaller teams won't have this option available ever, unless they become the bigger team.

BTW, so you're a PC player. We've been gathering together the PC players here on the forum so we can play together sometimes. You can check it on this thread here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/149325/forum-hvv-players-on-pc#latest

EDIT: And BTW, you mentioned stats are now visible according to EA. What do you mean by that? And where did you get this info from? I'm really curious
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    I dont know if thats a good thing. This creates a posture where people will whale and pay for win streaks. This is a major issue with Fortnite already as well as other 'competitive games'

I don't think Matchmaking should be disabled if this 'change team' system gets implemented. This way, shuffling teams after a planet is done will still take effect as it does now with MM. But as OP mentioned, this is an idea to solve unbalances, not for people to switch to their preferred team. If nothing was done to curb people from switching teams, we would either get hanged in stalemates where everyone wants to play darkside (or with the premade strong team), or, if the game goes on, many quitters because they couldn't change to darkside (or to the premade strong team).

I think restrictions on when you can change teams, and how many can change teams are a must. I'd propose the change team button should only be available when there's at least 2 more people on the bigger team, so everyone on this team gets the option to change teams, and whenever one does it and the difference between players becomes less then 2, then nobody else can do it. Smaller teams won't have this option available ever, unless they become the bigger team.

BTW, so you're a PC player. We've been gathering together the PC players here on the forum so we can play together sometimes. You can check it on this thread here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/149325/forum-hvv-players-on-pc#latest

EDIT: And BTW, you mentioned stats are now visible according to EA. What do you mean by that? And where did you get this info from? I'm really curious

You took some words from my brain lol

I was also thinking there would be some balanced limitations as to when you can/cannot switch teams. When I started the OP I was inspired by HvV but clearly this option would be useful across the board.

Clearly, we can't have people switch teams if it would cause unbalance. It should only be available if it would even out the teams. In situations like 4v3, you could endlessly switch teams back and forth, so this option would be disabled in these situations as well.

For larger game modes, the same rules would apply. Simply put, unless there is a gap of 2, or some other even number between teams, the option will not appear.