criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Why not ashoka and ventress for Januar new Heroes??? Bb8 and bbe9 are not good!

Prev13
Droids for new Heroes no
All wait for ashoka and ventress
And what coming???
2 droids

Replies

• Or all the threads crying for a buff. It’s gonna go either way and take up more time trying to balance how a droid fits in 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ll enjoy my kills tho
  • Maybe, because we don't really need even more prequel lightsaber heroes atm?
    It's a shame for Poe or Jannah though.
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    Maybe, because we don't really need even more prequel lightsaber heroes atm?
    It's a shame for Poe or Jannah though.

Hey they at least got screentime in their own movies

BF2 is quite literally the only piece of media Phasma's actor got to fully express and voice her own character in something other than a 2 minute cameo in the films
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• SnakeMajin
    567 posts Member
    edited January 8
    We may think what we want about BB-8 and BB-9E as heroes. But they do fit the January thematic : Keep adding on ST content to benefit from the movie tie-in.

January has no thematic tie-in with The Clone Wars.
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    edited January 8
    @DarthLando
    Except Boba Fett was an effective villain. His actions in being the only one to notice Han's plan and track them to Bespin, taking Han to his ship, and all that not only had a huge effect on the universe but drove the very opening of the next movie

All Phasma got to do in her 4 minutes of screentime in the trilogy was walk around, strike cool poses, disable Starkiller base's shields and then die just straight up die. Made even worse by the fact she was marketed probably more than any other character in the ST

She was given an absolute injustice the character deserved better
    Post edited by ROMG4 on
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• @romg4

I didn’t say he wasn’t effective, I said his potential was wasted, especially in episode 6
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Droids for new Heroes no
    And what coming???
    2 droids

I think its great.

Literally the only hero announcement that would have got me interested I think
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    @romg4

I didn’t say he wasn’t effective, I said his potential was wasted, especially in episode 6

True though that was due to George radically changing the ending and order of the OT, I think the OT was even supposed to go to 6 movies or something? It's been a while since I've read my source so all the details are fuzzy

The ST doesn't have that excuse, they knew full well what they planned with Phasma they lied to us each film
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• Devs want droids, community not, droid will be
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    @romg4

True though that was due to George radically changing the ending and order of the OT, I think the OT was even supposed to go to 6 movies or something? It's been a while since I've read my source so all the details are fuzzy

The ST doesn't have that excuse, they knew full well what they planned with Phasma they lied to us each film

Yeah, I like how they gave us a trailer showing an edited Duel of Fates track that everyone got hyped for....that was not in the movie
  • Batman20
    2304 posts Member
    Because they aren't ST heroes
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    @romg4

Yeah, I like how they gave us a trailer showing an edited Duel of Fates track that everyone got hyped for....that was not in the movie

My favorite is how they would spend a whole year telling us the character of Finn was going to show us a new side of the Star Wars galaxy

Let us see what Stormtroopers are "really" like. Yeah that lasted long

Or the year they would spend hyping up Phasma by showing us 10 seconds of the 2 minute screentime she would end up having

Every bloody FILM
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• awakespace
    1294 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Because they are super easy to animate and fit with the TROS content

Ahsoka and Ventress would be much more difficult. I really hope they have been working on them for the past year and bring them for clone wars season 7 in February or March...

And I hope the droids at least add a cool new dimension to hero gameplay
  • I'm fine with BB-8 and BB-9E this month with the addition of ST to CS.

Next month is when they should add Ahsoka and Ventress with the launch of Clone Wars Season 7 on Disney+. It's the perfect time to do it. And with Siege of Mandalore involved they could add the 332nd Clone battalion skins and a Clone Wars skin for Maul. One month drop as an event, and then it's on to OT era through spring and summer and into fall where hopefully we get something for Mandalorian Season 2.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    BB8 is likable. Ahsoka is a cringe. Barely even know Ventress; I don’t watch cartoons.

hahahha..........Your missing out on a lot because your just basing the show on being a cartoon.
    fwby7ga59nfw.png

I'm watching the Clone Wars now to catch up for the new season.

P.S. Ahsoka is lightyears better than BB8

• Lord_Tyrannus
    1138 posts Member
    edited January 8
    We don't need ahsoka. Add an inquisitor instead ahsoka.
    BB8 is likable. Ahsoka is a cringe. Barely even know Ventress; I don’t watch cartoons.

hahahha..........Your missing out on a lot because your just basing the show on being a cartoon.
    fwby7ga59nfw.png

She’s cringe but he doesn’t watch cartoons LOL. BB8 is “better” LOL
  • OcDoc
    2092 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

fwby7ga59nfw.png

Tried watching it while it was on Netflix due to this community’s recommendation. I choked down the first season best I could and just couldn’t take anymore.

I don’t care if she transitioned into all of the Avengers wrapped up into one. She was so bratty, I couldn’t care less.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    4347 posts Member
    edited January 8

fwby7ga59nfw.png

Tried watching it while it was on Netflix due to this community’s recommendation. I choked down the first season best I could and just couldn’t take anymore.

I don’t care if she transitioned into all of the Avengers wrapped up into one. She was so bratty, I couldn’t care less.

That’s just your ignorance for not watching it through and labeling her that way. She’s supposed to be like that, like Anakin and Luke in the early movies. Your loss 🤷🏻‍♂️. But you did watch a cartoon 😉🤣

• Better if all you like to do is roll around giving people flame fingers
    5axbt1ti1qee.png

Could have a jedi with dual wielding lightsabers instead
    ntc02uv45tdc.png

• Better if all you like to do is roll around giving people flame fingers
    5axbt1ti1qee.png

Could have a jedi with dual wielding lightsabers instead
    ntc02uv45tdc.png

Even if they add the duel blue or white, I would forsure rock green. Green looks dope in the game
  • What I'm going to do to all the BB8's I see
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Droids for new Heroes no
    And what coming???
    2 droids

I don’t remember ever seeing Ahsoka or Ventress in the Sequel Trilogy.

Didn't you get the memo?
    At the end of Rise of Skywalker Rey had all the jedi with her......so Ashoka was there in spirit!
  • DarthLando
    1816 posts Member
    edited January 8

fwby7ga59nfw.png

It’s called character development. Plus, in S1 she’s 14 years old, of course she has an attitude problem.

Don’t get me wrong, I somewhat agree, I’m currently re-watching S1, & she can be sorta cringey, & I find myself re-watching episodes of The Office instead, but it does get much better
    Post edited by DarthLando on
  • The balls sound more interesting than simple lightsaber clone wars heroes (which we totally didn’t get 4 of them)
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    I love me some space wizards with laser swords... but cartoons!?! that is where I draw the line. :D

You're missing out!
    I love me some space wizards with laser swords... but cartoons!?! that is where I draw the line. :D

😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 magic space power and a walking bear and a frog puppet but cartoons?!? Stop
  • OcDoc
    2092 posts Member

fwby7ga59nfw.png

That’s just your ignorance for not watching it through and labeling her that way. She’s supposed to be like that, like Anakin and Luke in the early movies. Your loss 🤷🏻‍♂️. But you did watch a cartoon 😉🤣

Yeah... I really don’t care what you think. Maybe next time people should make recommendations that start with, “It doesn’t get good till season 3”. Too late, it isn’t on Netflix anymore and I am definitely not signing into another streaming service to see if you guys have a point about season 3. Maybe if it’s on Disney + I will skip forward if I decide to get Disney + for the Mandalorian. Not sure yet.

Here is the thing... that show wasn’t as widely watched as you guys seem to think. The movies are worldwide and that cartoon was mostly just a portion of American kids. Big difference in audience size and it will just confuse a lot of people adding them to the game.

For me.. she is a bratty cringe.
    Droids for new Heroes no
    And what coming???
    2 droids

Both are bad choices
    ICONIC

fwby7ga59nfw.png

Yeah... I really don’t care what you think. Maybe next time people should make recommendations that start with, “It doesn’t get good till season 3”. Too late, it isn’t on Netflix anymore and I am definitely not signing into another streaming service to see if you guys have a point about season 3. Maybe if it’s on Disney + I will skip forward if I decide to get Disney + for the Mandalorian. Not sure yet.

Here is the thing... that show wasn’t as widely watched as you guys seem to think. The movies are worldwide and that cartoon was mostly just a portion of American kids. Big difference in audience size and it will just confuse a lot of people adding them to the game.

For me.. she is a bratty cringe.

What does that have to do with her character in the show LOL. Just look at the forum, more and more requests, PLUS she is one of the most popular selling items at the moment LOL. I’m sure that’s just CW forum members buying all her stuff 😂😂😂.

We don’t care about your opinion 😉 see ya March
  • Feelee16
    424 posts Member
    edited January 8
    I would've gone with Poe and Hux if I had the choice. They had to drop something from episode 9 and I think they would've been a better choice. I know bb8 and 9e didn't come out yet and are different but those 2 have much bigger roles in the movies than them. Also they would've been the first new pair of blaster heroes since release (phasma and Finn don't really count to me)
    Droids for new Heroes no
    And what coming???
    2 droids

I for one would rather see this game burn to the ground before seeing more prequel heroes. I am excited for the droid.
  • yl9qhqnafkaz.jpg
  • Lyc4n
    1627 posts Member
    I think they will be different and fun to use, that being said i would have prefered ahsoka and ventress who i think would also be different enough to destinguish from other lightsaber heroes and fun to use.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Droids for new Heroes no
    And what coming???
    2 droids

I don’t remember ever seeing Ahsoka or Ventress in the Sequel Trilogy.

technically she was in episode 9 with the voices of the jedi
  • I don't see why people keep complaining about this....... JUST wait til they get here! then you can complain all you want, or admit that you were wrong and they are really fun to play as. Why do people do this dumb crap.... let's add Ahsoka. let's add Ventress instead. whine more and more. I hope whoever thinks that knows who is in one Star Wars era, and who is not, because neither of them are ST heroes... and who knows, maybe there's a reason why they're adding them, instead of Poe or whoever.

I have spoken.

• Lonnisity
    1979 posts Member
    edited January 9
    I mean, the easy answer is that Ahsoka and Ventress have nothing to do with Rise of Skywalker.
    Besides a couple voice lines
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
    I think even a person who values immersion very little would still be somewhat bothered by a basketball robot fighting lightsabers...

It's always funny seeing "im sick of prequel content" "No more clone wars content".

These people act like DICE was just adding a bunch of fluff and was overkilling it. They added characters like Dooku, Anakin, Grevious etc. Not like they were adding a bunch of no names like Shaak-Ti.

Whose fault is it that the desired and popular characters come from the clone wars...? Think about it compared to the ST... What are the options..? A Han Solo clone in Poe..? Look at the PT in comparison.. Countless potential characters with unique gameplay.

👌🏻