criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

COOP is obnoxiously unbalanced.

SgtSeals
posts Member
edited January 9
Prepare for a rant.

COOP is extremely unpleasant to play, especially Clone Wars and especially defence in CW.
The principle behind defence seems to be, just toss as many AI at the players who may not even be 4/4 and call it a day and it gets much worse when a villain/hero is tossed into the mix to really rub it in.

It's even more unbalanced when a game starts with only, say, two players who are expected to defend three or two command points and get steamrolled within seconds after a round start. No matter how good players are, it doesn't matter when they're simply swarmed with enemies due to the complete lack of thought that went into the balancing.

The one exception to the rule is playing First Order on Starkiller base, because Sith Trooper solves everything.

This rant may be born out of salt, but it is the result of weeks worth of frustration at steamrolled defences in COOP poured into a thread trying to make that clear.
I hope that in the update that adds in GCW to the coop that some consideration is actually given to proper balancing of the number of AI/frequency of heroes/villains based on the number of players on and how hard of a time they're already having. Because for now I'm simply motivated to click 'cancel' whenever I see a defence map pop up whenever I'm playing Seps, Clones or Resistance.

Replies

• Certain maps are harder than others to defend but I've manage to do it with randoms many times. My most recent defending wins were Naboo 1st phase, Kashyyk 2 phase, Kamino 1st phase, Feluica 2nd phase..
    I like the challenge personally.

giphy.gif

• I've been using co-op exclusively since starting the game (xmas noob), figuring once I could consistently begin winning and doing well, I'd be reasonably able to help out in CS and GA. My initial reaction was similar to OP, but once you learn the maps and the patterns (and rank up your cards/gear/heroes/etc.) it gets easier, offense AND defense, especially if you get teamed up with players who'll PTGDFO.

It can still be tough, but I think it's balanced pretty well for a team of 4 players who want to actually play the mode.
  • @kevlegs1971 what is your experience on Ajan Kloss as F.O.?

I cannot find a team to push with me on the last phase and I don't think I've ever beaten it.

Just curious if you find this one as challenging as I think it is.
  • better trooper weapons help a lot. Once you learn the maps, you find chokes to slaughter in and keep cpu bodies between you and targets.
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    @kevlegs1971 what is your experience on Ajan Kloss as F.O.?

I cannot find a team to push with me on the last phase and I don't think I've ever beaten it.

You know, I'm not sure if I've done that one yet... I'll give it a go today and get back to ya..

giphy.gif

• Anyone else hate rey in Co op especially if you are a reinforcement if she uses mind trick unless your team are nearby you are screwed
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    @kevlegs1971 what is your experience on Ajan Kloss as F.O.?

Ok, so I did defend and attack on these earlier for the first time. It did take us to the final phase each time but we completed it both times. I took Finn and Phasma for that phase.
    Defending seemed to have more attackers but we managed it. I was playing with randoms but if I was with friends, I think we could have finished before the final phase.

giphy.gif

• Thanks @kevlegs1971 ... I have only attacked on Ajan Kloss as FO and find capturing last phase the worst! Especially if a random takes Phasma and doesn't push...if I get her we have a chance if others will push but even that is asking too much of a lot of players it seems.

I think the swarms in that cave scare noobies something fierce ;)
  • hosco33
    395 posts Member
    edited January 15
    SgtSeals wrote: »
    Prepare for a rant.

COOP is extremely unpleasant to play, especially Clone Wars and especially defence in CW.
    The principle behind defence seems to be, just toss as many AI at the players who may not even be 4/4 and call it a day and it gets much worse when a villain/hero is tossed into the mix to really rub it in.

It's even more unbalanced when a game starts with only, say, two players who are expected to defend three or two command points and get steamrolled within seconds after a round start. No matter how good players are, it doesn't matter when they're simply swarmed with enemies due to the complete lack of thought that went into the balancing.

The one exception to the rule is playing First Order on Starkiller base, because Sith Trooper solves everything.

This rant may be born out of salt, but it is the result of weeks worth of frustration at steamrolled defences in COOP poured into a thread trying to make that clear.
    I hope that in the update that adds in GCW to the coop that some consideration is actually given to proper balancing of the number of AI/frequency of heroes/villains based on the number of players on and how hard of a time they're already having. Because for now I'm simply motivated to click 'cancel' whenever I see a defence map pop up whenever I'm playing Seps, Clones or Resistance.

It must be challenging. I've seen that, when AI is pushing you back, you have to give in or it will kill you for sure. They're coming in waves so you just have to kill several from the distance before being able to push current wave back again.

Of course teammates make a difference, but that's cool, if it were easy for a single player, it would be boring for multiplayer. It's actually more interesting playing with inexperienced players so there's a challenge ;) though obliterating AI is also cool sometimes, I've enjoyed both scenarios.