criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

CO-OP Ai Need to be Tone Down.

The AI in Co-Op are crazy!

I don’t mind when they spawn all at once, but they are crazy and broken.

When I pull them or push them as Anakin, Obi, Yoda, Maul or even Freeze as Kylo, THEY STILL SHOOT AND HIT YOU.

Fix that please!

Replies

• DJ1
    48 posts Member
    edited January 9

When I pull them or push them as Anakin, Obi, Yoda, Maul or even Freeze as Kylo, THEY STILL SHOOT AND HIT YOU.

Fix that please!

Um, no I think they're fine tbh, when a team pto it's pretty cool, there needs to be a challenge in all fairness
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member
    DJ1 wrote: »

Fix that please!

Um, no I think they're fine tbh, when a team pto it's pretty cool, there needs to be a challenge in all fairness

Challenge, yes. However what OP has described is cheating. We can't do it, they shouldn't either.
  • anidriX
    1404 posts Member
    They need to be fixed, not toned down. What you describe is a bug, not a representation of the AI difficulty. I agree with you on this but other than that, I would not touch them. They PTFO pretty well and can be a challenge if your team doesn't work together. Lightsaber Hero AI needs some work though. They are too defensive. And if I remember correctly, they spawn with 1000hp for some reason.
  • Stop the bot cheating.
  • The lightsaber heroes do have a much harder time in Co-op with how stamina works. I suggested in another thread that stamina be removed all together for co-op. The AI swarms unlike anything in the other modes, and yes they will still hit you even while being pulled, etc. lol
  • I think they are fine they should be hard to make the mode Challenging
  • I actually like the challenge. Some level stages can be quite difficult, which makes it interesting. They should fix the bugs tho.
  • The lightsaber heroes do have a much harder time in Co-op with how stamina works. I suggested in another thread that stamina be removed all together for co-op. The AI swarms unlike anything in the other modes, and yes they will still hit you even while being pulled, etc. lol

Before the bot started cheating, sabers were fine. You could hit them with an ability and get a break from the constant firing.

The cheating has also effected Chewie. His slam is less effective due to not stopping bots from firing.
  • The AI heroes can take more damage, block far longer than player controlled heroes, do far more damage to players of both infantry and heroes, and have the same crowd-control bug, making heroes like Chewbacca and Phasma with their flawless accuracy just steamrollers that can't be contested with at all. Even the Resistance enforcers can shoot in a literal 360 degree area while charging, making them not only difficult to hit because of how fas they go compared yet again to player controlled ones, but also able to melt anything with their constant minigun fire.
  • The AI in Co-Op are crazy!

Fix that please!

They still shoot at you indeed, but this BUG is said to be fixed soon:

giphy.gif

But honestly? The AI is gg ez. It's an AI, it's bound to be exceptional in some areas, and utterly ineffective in others. Just learn how to take advantage of its limits, and Coop will feel like a playground. E.g.:

If you let the AI burn its stamina, then just spam back at it and you'll easily win:

giphy.gif

Or if this seems too hard to do, you may take the High Ground and laught at its incompetence:

giphy.gif

Or if there's nothing else to try, just stay blocking the AI Hero until it stops doing anything, and so you stop with it. After a time it'll disengage:

giphy.gif

I think the AI can remain how it is, but with that shooting while incapacitated BUG fixed.

The last one is absolutely hilarious!
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    [

giphy.gif.

LwHi.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• [Or if there's nothing else to try, just stay blocking the AI Hero until it stops doing anything, and so you stop with it. After a time it'll disengage:

giphy.gif

So basically like current HvV when both heroes are out of stamina LOL!!
  • Alwe15
    2000 posts Member

Fix that please!

They still shoot at you indeed, but this BUG is said to be fixed soon:

giphy.gif

But honestly? The AI is gg ez. It's an AI, it's bound to be exceptional in some areas, and utterly ineffective in others. Just learn how to take advantage of its limits, and Coop will feel like a playground. E.g.:

If you let the AI burn its stamina, then just spam back at it and you'll easily win:

giphy.gif

Or if this seems too hard to do, you may take the High Ground and laught at its incompetence:

giphy.gif

Or if there's nothing else to try, just stay blocking the AI Hero until it stops doing anything, and so you stop with it. After a time it'll disengage:

giphy.gif

I think the AI can remain how it is, but with that shooting while incapacitated BUG fixed.

That first one 😂 Clone even gets a couple shots off as he flies through the air 🤦🏼‍♂
  • The AI has a tendency to rush at you unimpeded unless you start shooting them at choke points. Learn the maps, invest in not giving up chokes and it'll turn into a carnage kill fest. If your out in the open facing 2 or more you prolly get iced trading shots, but at distance w/ cover their targetting ai is terrible. let the bots be fodder and swap classes to heavy/saber hero when they get on the objective.
  • BTW, another tip against AI: the farther you are from it, the worse its aim gets. Trying to take an AI shooter from close quarters will be much harder then trying from afar.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Up close, the AI tend to run really tight circles around you quickly that are hard to follow. Abilities can be turned on instantly, as with Chewie's Bowcaster, for instance. He can be a real menace. I have seen him and Phasma jump much higher than they can when a human plays them. The AI should be hard but be restricted to the exact same conditions as the player.

Co-Op is the mode that made me appreciate Finn and Phasma more. In the last phase of Ajan Kloss, whether attacker or defender, they are one of the keys to winning. As has been said before, it's always good to know spawn/choke points and basically await wave after enemy wave, mowing them down. Some characters may be more suited to do that than others, also depending on the phase of the round.
  • Maybe just a difficulty setting. I like having try hard games with friends BUT I also like chilling and playing casual.
  • anidriX
    1404 posts Member
    BTW, another tip against AI: the farther you are from it, the worse its aim gets. Trying to take an AI shooter from close quarters will be much harder then trying from afar.

And if you are up against a lightsaber hero AI head on as a blaster don't shoot because their deflection accuracy is insane.
  • I obviously agree with fixing the issues of them still shooting when they shouldn't be able to, like rolling or being frozen.

But other than that, I think the difficulty is pretty good, and could even be ramped up a little if you ask me.

The difficulty in Co-OP comes mainly from teamplay. If you have a good team that knows how and when to spread Co-op can be surprisingly easy to a point where it almost defies the reasons for playing the mode in the first place: levels.
  • ROMG4
    3482 posts Member
    Oh I'm afraid the coop deflector shields will be quite operational when your nerfs arrive!
    kvyHdIU.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread