criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

When is REY going to get her last name added?

13Next

Replies

• Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Rey doesn’t deserve that name.
    Palpatine would suffice

She definitely deserves that name.

I am quite late to this - why would she?

Because she earned it. Despite her being a Palpatine, she defied that, she wanted to remain a good person, a person who would fight her "destiny" to be Empress. She defeated Sheev, and earned her the right to be called whatever she liked, including Skywalker.
    And she did that out of respect, since Ben died, she wanted to continue the Skywalker line.

She didn’t defeat Palps ALONE, she was effectively defeated until all the Jedi came to “help”. Unlike Vader/Anakin
    Disney is so annoying. Making her the chosen one in the end that brought balance to the force

whole ST was treating the former / earlier films too bad ...

EP. 4 is now ***** due to force teleporting and the ship-hyperspace scene from ep.8... simply program a robot to sit in a ship and come out of hyperspace in the deathstar to destroy it... completely broke ep.4 (and ep.6 as well)

EP. 6: well, basically see death star mentions above. Furthermore the whole point of destroying the emperor was just.. well, not achieved? Emperor survived and build an even bigger army (however?!?!?!)...

EP. 1-6 completely broken since it has been the saga of the chosen one and EP.9 with the revive of palpatine somewhat presents us with the fact, that the chosen one was never the chosen one and failed his destiny since he never brought balance to the force? Wow, instead it is rey cause reasons... Thx for nothing

But hey, again, it is my point why I do not like these films... happy if you people can / could enjoy it more

Very good points. The whole chosen one, yes Anakin WAS and IS the chosen one, story is tarnished now. They did NOT do this story justice, or make it relevant to the others at all
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Disney is so annoying. Making her the chosen one in the end that brought balance to the force

EP. 4 is now ***** due to force teleporting and the ship-hyperspace scene from ep.8... simply program a robot to sit in a ship and come out of hyperspace in the deathstar to destroy it... completely broke ep.4 (and ep.6 as well)

EP. 6: well, basically see death star mentions above. Furthermore the whole point of destroying the emperor was just.. well, not achieved? Emperor survived and build an even bigger army (however?!?!?!)...

EP. 1-6 completely broken since it has been the saga of the chosen one and EP.9 with the revive of palpatine somewhat presents us with the fact, that the chosen one was never the chosen one and failed his destiny since he never brought balance to the force? Wow, instead it is rey cause reasons... Thx for nothing

But hey, again, it is my point why I do not like these films... happy if you people can / could enjoy it more

Don’t overthink those movies bro.

And for the hyperspace ramming: The Raddus had special shields.

When 3 imo 1 destroyers rammed the executor they all blew up.

It's not overthinking though, but if you call it a saga (a continous saga tbh) I am expecting that the story fits together, which simply isn't the case

^again, beat me to it. The stories have to work with each other. They do not now. Should’ve just made these last three a separate trilogy.
  • CC_1010
    3564 posts Member
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Palpatine would suffice

Because she earned it. Despite her being a Palpatine, she defied that, she wanted to remain a good person, a person who would fight her "destiny" to be Empress. She defeated Sheev, and earned her the right to be called whatever she liked, including Skywalker.
    And she did that out of respect, since Ben died, she wanted to continue the Skywalker line.

She didn’t defeat Palps ALONE, she was effectively defeated until all the Jedi came to “help”. Unlike Vader/Anakin

Very good points. The whole chosen one, yes Anakin WAS and IS the chosen one, story is tarnished now. They did NOT do this story justice, or make it relevant to the others at all

It's not overthinking though, but if you call it a saga (a continous saga tbh) I am expecting that the story fits together, which simply isn't the case

^again, beat me to it. The stories have to work with each other. They do not now. Should’ve just made these last three a separate trilogy.
    I personally really like TLJ but tros ruined it. I was so glad that snoke was gone, rey was a nobody(greatest win) and Luke got an interesting character arc but all of that got destroyed by a lame version of palpatine returning, rey being a...., and a huge dumb fleet of star destroyers with planet killing lasers.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Palpatine would suffice

I personally really like TLJ but tros ruined it. I was so glad that snoke was gone, rey was a nobody(greatest win) and Luke got an interesting character arc but all of that got destroyed by a lame version of palpatine returning, rey being a...., and a huge dumb fleet of star destroyers with planet killing lasers.

I’m glad there’s some people out there that liked TLJ. I’m jealous
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    StarLillie wrote: »

Honestly: may favorite part of the saga is the clone wars(I love ep 3 although it is a badly made movie/I can’t watch ep1-2 they are so bad. I would give all other eras away in a heart Beat, but I love the OT and Liked TFA and very much like TLJ. TROS ruined the st for me and I do not want to be reminded of the new movies ever again.

Out of interest: why do you think ep.3 is a badly made movie? I really like the PT tbh and think it is hated for the wrong reasons. I also like the Phantom Menace tbh. EP 2 is really bad sometimes, but cutout the verybad written love sequences and the movie is good again.

But hey, we have distanced quite far from OP - hell idk since I do not even know what she is named in canon now. Palpatine, Skywalker whatever. I do not care for her but would definetly be disappointed if the gets the name skywalker as official one in this game :( But hey, reasons

Long story. The characters are only REALLY interesting because of all the other material. Many lines do t make ANY sense. Anakin and many others are completely stupid.
    I recently rewatched it and anticipated the opera scene. What a bad scene. Ian is great but Anakin is sooo unbelievably stupid that it completely ruined the moment. The war has no consequences on the galaxy in this movie. The Jedi are *****. Yoda feels out of character(not as much as in aotc though). Many actions by the protagonists make no sense and are actually braindead. The lightsaber fights are not nearly as good as some people make them out to be(windu vs sidious and dooku vs ani and obi much better in the novelisation). The grievous vs obi fight is unnecessary and adds nothing to the plot(much better explained in the novel).
    Too much CGI all over the film. Horrible dialogue we all heard it before.

I still love this era though and ep 3 introduced a lot of cool vehicles, concepts(order 66) etc which were sloppily integrated into the movie but still good ideas.
    If you want to know why the prequels are truly not well made films I suggest you to watch the plinkett reviews. They are very long video essays with a lot of great Humor and really explain why these movies are bad and how they could have been better. And the guy behind it actually has REAL movie experience and studied movie making.

Anakin is not stupid, take that back X2.

He is the dumbest main character ever. The guy can’t take a hint. It’s ridiculous how stupid he is and it takes me out of the movie lol.

He is just angsty and maybe emotionally foolish. But he's not dumb/stupid, you don't understand him.
  • CC_1010
    3564 posts Member
    Palpatine would suffice

I’m glad there’s some people out there that liked TLJ. I’m jealous

You should be:€

• She definitely deserves that name. [/quote]

Because she earned it.[/quote]

You don’t earn names. They are genetic. Just because I killed some old geezer doesn’t mean I go around calling myself Loujjw Skywalker
  • Hopefully next update, she rightfully deserves the Skywalker name.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • She is "Rey Nothing" ;)
  • Don't care about her name, or the movies at this point. I want her new lightsaber though, which by the way at first glance looked like a double light saber, similar to her vision.
  • I really don't care if they add her last name. But I would love to have a skin with that awesome orange lightsaber.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Actually, there never was balance, so it was meaningless from the beginning. Balance is between the light and the dark, and Anakin didn't bring balance by killing Palpatine, he would've brought even more unbalance, due to the fact that the Sith would've been gone and the galaxy would be heavily dominated by the lightside, the whole chosen one prophecy is unbalanced in it's self.
    I'm pretty sure the original idea of balance is little to no dark side users, hence why Palpatine and his apprentices were a bad thing. That the Dark Side was a cancer to be rid of. Not that I'm opposed to media that tries to show the other version and explores it well (although this trilogy doesn't do that, since what you said is exactly what happens at the end of this trilogy as well, so it's useless there), but I'm pretty sure that's what the original intent was.
    s1wkxvx595ct.png

Yeah that's what i'm saying..... that's why i said that the chosen one prophecy didn't really make any sense what so ever, you can't just destroy the Sith by destroying Palpatine, it don't work that way, it's like trying to run off a bunch of rats that infested your house... but they'll be back no matter what, thus meaning that the chosen one prophecy didn't make any sense and was just a big hoax that the Jedi believed in, aside from the fact that it just brought imbalance, just like at the end of TROS did, so it'll just continue on i guess.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • So this thread swung wildly between off topic conversation along with some seriously inappropriate posts. I've removed over 50 posts from in here and will be closing the thread.
This discussion has been closed.