criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Remove points from officer health buff for first 30 seconds at the start of a game.

Prev13456
Starwarsor66
2601 posts Member
edited January 12
READ BEFORE COMMENTING.

I'm going to tag mods in here so there is no trolling and going off topic like the last thread I made. I mean feel free to attempt it, but your fault if you get moderated.

Other than the bugs with the officer abilities, the class is fine in almost every way except for the boost in points it receives at the beginning.

Officers should get points for supporting the team the way it does and the amount they recieve is probably fine at the moment only if they didn't receive the 500+ points they get at the start of the game.

I've seen people say their points at the start were capped. They definitely aren't. Go and test it yourself if you don't believe me. This isn't up for debate though because it's a simple test anyone can do without derailing the thread.

Officers should get points for buffing team mates. Just only once combat with the enemy is possible.

Now there are some maps like naboo and starkiller where the teams are either instantly fighting or are only 10 seconds away from snipers being able to attack. So these maps should either have no timer for the health buff to give points or a smaller timer than 30 seconds.

The point of it is only to prevent veteran players from abusing this class. Which so often happens. I see game after game of the same veteran players who, for some weird reason, just can't play troopers yet can play Saber heroes and therefore use the officer to get what they want and ALWAYS buff the entire team at the start and then suicide and do it again! Most matches I'd say they average about 700 points for doing it twice like that. I used to do all of this when I mained officer ages ago, so I'm well aware of how OP this particular method is for gaining an advantage in points at the beginning of a match.

The reason they abuse this at the beginning of matches is to get the heroes first. They then might keep them for the majority of the game and I don't think that opening boost in points is all that fair to the other classes. I have no issue with them recieving points over the greater course of the match. Yet the beginning heroes should be reserved for objective play and effective support and combat team members. NOT for people who use abilities just for points when there is no practical use for the buffs because there is no enemies around to do any damage.
Post edited by Starwarsor66 on

Replies

  • Starwarsor66
    2601 posts Member
    edited January 13
    I've made another thread on this topic, and just tagging you guys because it's possibly the most volatile topic on the forum when it's brought up and hopefully tagging you all acts as a deterrent to either abusing me or derailing the thread, like last time.

    Thanks.
    Post edited by EA_Tom on
  • I thought they were still on vacation?
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    I thought they were still on vacation?

    Maybe. They still moderate though.

    Nice try on derail.
  • @Starwarsor66 I didn't mean to. On the topic though I don't really think this would stop vet officer players from getting high points. I think It'll probably be the same result.
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    @Starwarsor66 I didn't mean to. On the topic though I don't really think this would stop vet officer players from getting high points. I think It'll probably be the same result.

    Ok fair enough haha.

    Yeah but it would mitigate the problem at the start of matches when it comes to getting the first heroes. The officer still no doubt does get more points over a match regardless of the opening points. Yet the first chance to get a hero is where the problem lies, because later on in the match everyone has enough points for one regardless of how many officers there are anyway.
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    @Starwarsor66 I didn't mean to. On the topic though I don't really think this would stop vet officer players from getting high points. I think It'll probably be the same result.

    I edited and made another paragraph. I probably should of actually mentioned the overall reason for taking these points away haha
  • The 3 other base trooper classes unite! With our powers combined, we can overcome this imbalance!
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.

    Even if you take away the extra points the noobs still arent getting the heros first. I tried this. Instead of Officer I played as Assault and still got a Hero. Heck I can even do it with speicliast. It just doesn't matter. Let it go
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Officer and Rey have such silly mechanics. Buts it’s an old fight. It’ll never change
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.

    Even if you take away the extra points the noobs still arent getting the heros first. I tried this. Instead of Officer I played as Assault and still got a Hero. Heck I can even do it with speicliast. It just doesn't matter. Let it go

    Maybe re-read what I said?

    It's about VETERAN players abusing the officer class and causing an imbalance for other VETERAN players.

    Please try and follow what is written and not go off on a tangent.
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.

    Nobody’s “abusing” the system. The Officer was designed to work the way he does and the developers have made that clear.

    I never read anything about the developers mentioning those opening points. I've read a whole bunch of things about how the officer is a support class. I've never once read that they should get points for providing support when there is no possibility AT ALL of combat. It's fine if they buff when the possibility of fighting an enemy is around (meaning 30 seconds of the game has passed). I have no issue with that.
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.

    Nobody’s “abusing” the system. The Officer was designed to work the way he does and the developers have made that clear.

    I’m not getting into this topic again but it’s FORSURE the most abused thing in the game lol.
  • Officer and Rey have such silly mechanics. Buts it’s an old fight. It’ll never change

    The only reason this topic gets so much flak is because literally half the playerbase is officer haha. I bet if the Devs ran a poll and asked everyone if these points at the start were fair, it would be 50/50 and half of those votes would of been officers. So it'd be basically 100% of the other classes wanting it changed.
  • Then get rid of assaults and specialists ability to speed to the objective in the beginning as well.

    Fair enough. That can go too. I'm an assault and specialist main and I'm cool with that as long as the officers don't get to buff for points at the start.
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.

    Nobody’s “abusing” the system. The Officer was designed to work the way he does and the developers have made that clear.

    I’m not getting into this topic again but it’s FORSURE the most abused thing in the game lol.

    You damn well are getting into this topic again Haha We all are!
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.

    Nobody’s “abusing” the system. The Officer was designed to work the way he does and the developers have made that clear.

    I’m not getting into this topic again but it’s FORSURE the most abused thing in the game lol.

    You damn well are getting into this topic again Haha We all are!

    😂😂😂
  • That’s a pretty large assumption. My heavy is level 1000. My officer is not.

    I would vote not to change it. It doesn’t bother me that people utilize mechanics as they’ve been intended to be.

    It doesn’t bother me that people do it to intentionally get heroes faster. Each person has the exact same ability to do the same thing. It’s not like the game forces you to pick a class and only these “officer mains” can do this.

    Look, I get the premise behind what you’re asking for, but it’s really not that big of a problem. A “veteran” player with enough experience at other classes can do decent enough to pick up a hero on their own.
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    2 kills isn't a big issue? It can make the difference between getting a hero and not getting one at the start. That's what this is all about. Veteran players abusing the system and making it not balanced for other veteran players. It's not about the noobs or casual players. The system should be changed to reflect combat skill level and support effectiveness and objective play.

    If it's not a big issue, then at the least it's a small one. So let's just change it to be safe.

    Nobody’s “abusing” the system. The Officer was designed to work the way he does and the developers have made that clear.

    Just FYI. If you think the system isn't broken, take a moment to think that if you got a group together, you could literally not enter into a fight and stay in the starting section of a lot of maps and continually buff each other with officers to get huge points. Then once you've all got a lot of points, people respawn as heroes and reinforcements and then you can begin to fight with all of that while the other team has nothing.

    An example map would be starkiller for the rebels. The enemy can't reach you. You have no timer that says you need to enter combat. The ticket number will stay where it's at. So you can all safely stay back and do that and build up an "army" and then steamroll the enemy when you are ready.

    Obviously this wouldn't happen. But you think the system is balanced, yet something like this is still possible nonetheless.
  • StarLillie
    366 posts Member
    edited January 12
    I main officer but not to hero race. I do think Prom is right, those 300-700 points (whatever it may be) will not make a difference to veteran players.
    It might for newer players though.
    Is it fair to take their chance away because veterans 'abuse' it?
    Experienced players will always know all the ways to make it happen and they will always exploit them. I play with a few guys often who top the board and get hero's every single time, trust me, they don't need officers to do it.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    That’s a pretty large assumption. My heavy is level 1000. My officer is not.

    I would vote not to change it. It doesn’t bother me that people utilize mechanics as they’ve been intended to be.

    It doesn’t bother me that people do it to intentionally get heroes faster. Each person has the exact same ability to do the same thing. It’s not like the game forces you to pick a class and only these “officer mains” can do this.

    Look, I get the premise behind what you’re asking for, but it’s really not that big of a problem. A “veteran” player with enough experience at other classes can do decent enough to pick up a hero on their own.

    "Intended to be". Please clarify what you believe to be the intended outcome for buffing the whole team for battlepoints at the beginning without any possibility of combat at all. NOW PAY ATTENTION. I said the points at the start. NOT the points at any other time in the game. If they buff at any other time, they deserve points. So, with that said, please answer.
  • All they need to do is take away officers presence AND the assist points. IF officers aren’t abused then that wouldn’t matter and since everyone can get a hero with every class then it wouldn’t matter. Get rid of scan dart assist points even tho know one uses it. Bam, no one should have an issue with all of that.
  • All they need to do is take away officers presence AND the assist points. IF officers aren’t abused then that wouldn’t matter and since everyone can get a hero with every class then it wouldn’t matter. Get rid of scan dart assist points even tho know one uses it. Bam, no one should have an issue with all of that.

    Something else will become the new exploit and then it will become the top complaint.
    There is always going to be one thing a class has that others don't that obtain points faster.
    I don't care about the start points, I never get more than 200-300 anyway lol. I refuse to suicide points.
    But again, veterans will always know the way.
  • Look, the developers designed the class. They said you get BP for using the ability.

    They put no restrictions like you are asking for. If their “intent” was for it to be combat restricted, it would’ve been designed that way. (I make no judgement on whether that’s right/wrong/fair.)

    Again, I get you’re passionate about how “unfair” this is, but please don’t use caps like I don’t understand your point. It’s fairly unnecessary.

    As I said, I get why you’re asking for this, but a lot of people consider the start points to be inconsequential. I main a heavy and I’ve beaten officers to heroes plenty of times when I chose to do so. That doesn’t make it fair or equitable, but it’s not a large problem in comparison to fixing bugs.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    I main officer but not to hero race. I do think Prom is right, those 300-700 points (whatever it may be) will not make a difference to veteran players.
    It might for newer players though.
    Is it fair to take their chance away because veterans 'abuse' it?
    Experienced players will always know all the ways to make it happen and they will always exploit them. I play with a few guys often who top the board and get hero's every single time, trust me, they don't need officers to do it.

    I don't need officer to do it either. Yet sometimes there are other VETERAN players (not noobs or casuals) which do specifically use the officer class to get a hero. I know this because I've spoken to them about it. I am almost always the first to a hero, but still, when these other players use the officer their likelihood of getting a hero compared to if they didn't, does rise.

    In regards to noobs. They will get a hero or reinforcement down the line anyway if they wait. Their officer points will accumulate a lot over the course of a match and I have no problem with that. I think it's fine if they end up having points to use reinforcements or heroes and they should be allowed the chance for sure. The noobs and casuals aren't going to be affected by my proposal though. Only the top players that fight it out for a hero at the start will be. And I feel that at the higher end of the skill spectrum, things should be more finely tuned than they currently are if it's going to promote balance and therefore greater competition.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    All they need to do is take away officers presence AND the assist points. IF officers aren’t abused then that wouldn’t matter and since everyone can get a hero with every class then it wouldn’t matter. Get rid of scan dart assist points even tho know one uses it. Bam, no one should have an issue with all of that.

    Something else will become the new exploit and then it will become the top complaint.
    There is always going to be one thing a class has that others don't that obtain points faster.
    I don't care about the start points, I never get more than 200-300 anyway lol. I refuse to suicide points.
    But again, veterans will always know the way.

    But there’s nothing that compares to the officer battle point gain, so I don’t see how something else would pop off. If you don’t exploit it you wouldn’t understand it tho. Getting 1000+ at the beginning PLUS any assist points you can grab is incomparable if scan dart is taken out, which even that doesn’t get enough points. I’ve used officer a lot lately purposely using it to get a hero and it’s silly easy if done right. But this is an old argument.

    The officer was made for easy hero grabbing gameplay and BP game. DICE knew what they were doing. It was intended to be the “crutch” of the 4 classes. But like I said, it’s been a problem for so long with no change so they wouldn’t change now. It’s not worth debating
  • I think after officer, most go for tanks, speeders, and planes to accumulate points/kills the fastest.
    Take away the start officer buffs and they're still going to obtain these points with other resources to secure hero's through the entire match.
    Next will be to nerf those, and then something else.. it won't ever end.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    Look, the developers designed the class. They said you get BP for using the ability.

    They put no restrictions like you are asking for. If their “intent” was for it to be combat restricted, it would’ve been designed that way. (I make no judgement on whether that’s right/wrong/fair.)

    Again, I get you’re passionate about how “unfair” this is, but please don’t use caps like I don’t understand your point. It’s fairly unnecessary.

    As I said, I get why you’re asking for this, but a lot of people consider the start points to be inconsequential. I main a heavy and I’ve beaten officers to heroes plenty of times when I chose to do so. That doesn’t make it fair or equitable, but it’s not a large problem in comparison to fixing bugs.

    Ok I won't you caps for you personally. It was necessary though considering the direction of the conversations this topic usually takes without explicit instructions for how to stay on course.

    I never said anything about the magnitude of this problem in relation to bugs. Not once. I just believe this is a problem that should be fixed. Yes some bugs are a higher priority, as they should be. Yet the Devs also spend time on things many of us think are unworthy of time spent. So I don't see an issue with making this a fix either. It'd be more welcome than 80% of any fixes I've ever seen in the CT's.

    Why can't you make a personal judgement on your views of why the officer should be allowed to buff and get points for literally nothing at the start of the game? This isn't something as personally revealing as giving your opinion on a hot political issue or something haha honestly I can't think of one reason for the opening points from the buff at the start, and I highly doubt you can either. If I'm right, then why not just say there is no good reason for it to happen?
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    All they need to do is take away officers presence AND the assist points. IF officers aren’t abused then that wouldn’t matter and since everyone can get a hero with every class then it wouldn’t matter. Get rid of scan dart assist points even tho know one uses it. Bam, no one should have an issue with all of that.

    Something else will become the new exploit and then it will become the top complaint.
    There is always going to be one thing a class has that others don't that obtain points faster.
    I don't care about the start points, I never get more than 200-300 anyway lol. I refuse to suicide points.
    But again, veterans will always know the way.

    But there’s nothing that compares to the officer battle point gain, so I don’t see how something else would pop off. If you don’t exploit it you wouldn’t understand it tho. Getting 1000+ at the beginning PLUS any assist points you can grab is incomparable if scan dart is taken out, which even that doesn’t get enough points. I’ve used officer a lot lately purposely using it to get a hero and it’s silly easy if done right. But this is an old argument.

    The officer was made for easy hero grabbing gameplay and BP game. DICE knew what they were doing. It was intended to be the “crutch” of the 4 classes. But like I said, it’s been a problem for so long with no change so they wouldn’t change now. It’s not worth debating

    I don't mind taking away the initial points.
    I use recharge and despite the 5 other officer buffs hitting me afterwards it never refreshes before we are at the battle point. I'm not sure you can recharge recharge. Or maybe the health buff gives more points? Either way I find recharge to be most useful for the team and myself.

    But that's all off track, no complaint from me if they remove it from start. I don't think it'll make the big difference OP is hoping for though.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    I think after officer, most go for tanks, speeders, and planes to accumulate points/kills the fastest.
    Take away the start officer buffs and they're still going to obtain these points with other resources to secure hero's through the entire match.
    Next will be to nerf those, and then something else.. it won't ever end.

    Well I personally don't want any of that stuff to go. I haven't seen any reason to believe this would create a cascade effect to that end. I don't think anyone at all has mentioned any other possible nerfs to the officer.

    I don't want any other nerfs to it either. I feel that as long as their 2 main bugs were fixed and this points issue was as well, then they would be very well balanced, and could also still be used for the noobs and casuals to get points throughout the match. Whilst at the same time creating a more balanced environment at the beginning for the more experienced players when it comes to competition for a hero.
  • Why I don’t make a personal judgment is because it’s inconsequential in comparison to other game issues.

    I don’t mind that people use what is available to them.

    If the developers felt it was a game breaking issue it would’ve been changed long ago (maybe).

    I’m on your side of what you’re trying to accomplish (equity of point gain), but, as others have mentioned, changing a single ability will just chain to the next one.

    Should X get points for Y is a fairly subjective debate. Some people will think it’s perfectly fair and others will not. I don’t think you’re going to gather a consensus on this topic.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    Why I don’t make a personal judgment is because it’s inconsequential in comparison to other game issues.

    I don’t mind that people use what is available to them.

    If the developers felt it was a game breaking issue it would’ve been changed long ago (maybe).

    I’m on your side of what you’re trying to accomplish (equity of point gain), but, as others have mentioned, changing a single ability will just chain to the next one.

    Should X get points for Y is a fairly subjective debate. Some people will think it’s perfectly fair and others will not. I don’t think you’re going to gather a consensus on this topic.

    Well I'm only asking you to ponder on quite an easy question with what I believe only has one answer. But hey, up to you if you don't want to reveal your thoughts on it.

    The developers sometimes don't know what should be changed and every now and then the community can get something through to them if it's all in the name of creating more balance and a better overall game.

    I don't believe a change to this one ability will lead to a push for other changes. The subject of officer battlepoints has been an issue since launch and I believe a slight nerf in this way would be welcomed by many and accepted by all as a good good and balanced change. If it were to happen, I think the officers would actually all be on board with it and just straight up admit that yes it was slightly OP and out of balance the whole time and they had a good run while it lasted haha.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    I think after officer, most go for tanks, speeders, and planes to accumulate points/kills the fastest.
    Take away the start officer buffs and they're still going to obtain these points with other resources to secure hero's through the entire match.
    Next will be to nerf those, and then something else.. it won't ever end.

    Well I personally don't want any of that stuff to go. I haven't seen any reason to believe this would create a cascade effect to that end. I don't think anyone at all has mentioned any other possible nerfs to the officer.

    I don't want any other nerfs to it either. I feel that as long as their 2 main bugs were fixed and this points issue was as well, then they would be very well balanced, and could also still be used for the noobs and casuals to get points throughout the match. Whilst at the same time creating a more balanced environment at the beginning for the more experienced players when it comes to competition for a hero.

    FYI, if you aren't aware, the 2 bugs are that their health buff causes anyone affected by it to be immune to CC abilities from enemy heroes. Also the grenade disorientation effects going through walls. Those things are currently known to the Devs and they said are working on fixes.
  • officers are fine as is, stop whining because they get battle points
  • All they need to do is make it so PTO gives out more points. Even if you just stand in it, you get points. Giving out a little more would promote that type of play and reward it. You can get the hero just as fast with any type or infantry. Assault has vanguard which is ohko from the back, it has the CR-2, it has scan dart etc. Big maps if you get the Heavy and attack the walker with your turret and sentry, you get more points than any officer.
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Assuming that they care that other players view them as bad players because they chose to main officer.
    Why does it bother you to see them on the enemy team, but not your own? And it's a big assumption the hero's were all officers to start, I can confirm with different groups I've played with, not the case actually.
    Trust me, nerf the officer battle gain because you feel they're not deserving is a true 'be careful what you wish for.'
    It's like saying nerf the heavy cause the sentry gun is too easy to get kills and that's an unfair advantage to other classes. Seems silly yah? You're opening a big can of worms, trust.
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Your point is flawed though, I've just told you I rarely start a game as an officer because the opportunity to score much higher elsewhere exists.

    Lightside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk I always start as specialist to get the missile launcher and score heavily. Then I switch to heavy for the same reason.

    Darkside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk Assault or Specialist to catch them at the launchers. I particularly like meleing them with shield and the melee boost card as specialist

    Lightside Endor I start as assault to flank the players defending the computer room.
    Darkside Endor, yes I do start as an officer but they are the best for defending points generally.

    Lightside death star, specialist with trip mine over the retractable bridge then lay trip mines to catch enemies coming in, might switch to officer after that.
    Darkside death Star, again yes an officer for point defence with turret.

    Lightside Yavin mostly officer to get to the courtyard and defend it but here what you're complaining about doesn't happen because people spawn in sporadic groups. The same with Tatooine.

    Darkside Yavin, I go specialist with shield to attack the courtyard turbo laser immediately and plant the bomb protected with shield.


    I can't be bothered going through all the maps but there are only two maps where what you're complaining about happens all the time for both side, Starkiller Base and geonosis. It happens on darkside Endor and Death Star too.

    I'm not an officer main at all as I've shown, my starting class is always determined by the map.

    The officer is fine in it's current format



  • StarLillie wrote: »
    So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Assuming that they care that other players view them as bad players because they chose to main officer.
    Why does it bother you to see them on the enemy team, but not your own? And it's a big assumption the hero's were all officers to start, I can confirm with different groups I've played with, not the case actually.
    Trust me, nerf the officer battle gain because you feel they're not deserving is a true 'be careful what you wish for.'
    It's like saying nerf the heavy cause the sentry gun is too easy to get kills and that's an unfair advantage to other classes. Seems silly yah? You're opening a big can of worms, trust.

    I don't like it when it happens on the enemy team because it means I'm vsing lesser players. I mean I like a steamroll of the enemy as much as the next person, but when I get into a lobby with players I know that do this tactic, it's just annoying after a while to be vsing players that constantly have heroes when they don't really deserve them (from my point of view) and therefore make the game not quite as intense as it could be for me.

    That view point ^ took quite a while to develop and I only started feeling that way once I became very good at the game. Before that when I wasn't as good I was annoyed for the same reason most others who aren't officers get annoyed, which was the obvious reason of the officers constantly beating me to heroes.

    Although it serves my purpose to have the points nerfed in the way I proposed, I believe it holds a greater value to that of other assault/heavy/specialist players. Believe me, it can be quite disheartening as one of the other classes to see it happen again and again when an officer uses the tactic I've mentioned to get heroes and I imagine many people abandon the other classes in favour of officers because of the BP gain they have.

    All I'm asking for is for officer mains to try and see this from all points of view really. Like it can be annoying to veteran players for certain reasons and also noobs/casuals.
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Your point is flawed though, I've just told you I rarely start a game as an officer because the opportunity to score much higher elsewhere exists.

    Lightside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk I always start as specialist to get the missile launcher and score heavily. Then I switch to heavy for the same reason.

    Darkside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk Assault or Specialist to catch them at the launchers. I particularly like meleing them with shield and the melee boost card as specialist

    Lightside Endor I start as assault to flank the players defending the computer room.
    Darkside Endor, yes I do start as an officer but they are the best for defending points generally.

    Lightside death star, specialist with trip mine over the retractable bridge then lay trip mines to catch enemies coming in, might switch to officer after that.
    Darkside death Star, again yes an officer for point defence with turret.

    Lightside Yavin mostly officer to get to the courtyard and defend it but here what you're complaining about doesn't happen because people spawn in sporadic groups. The same with Tatooine.

    Darkside Yavin, I go specialist with shield to attack the courtyard turbo laser immediately and plant the bomb protected with shield.


    I can't be bothered going through all the maps but there are only two maps where what you're complaining about happens all the time for both side, Starkiller Base and geonosis. It happens on darkside Endor and Death Star too.

    I'm not an officer main at all as I've shown, my starting class is always determined by the map.

    The officer is fine in it's current format



    Someone can be an officer and then buff and get the points, then respawn as any of the classes you said for the reasons you mentioned. Enough said.
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Your point is flawed though, I've just told you I rarely start a game as an officer because the opportunity to score much higher elsewhere exists.

    Lightside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk I always start as specialist to get the missile launcher and score heavily. Then I switch to heavy for the same reason.

    Darkside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk Assault or Specialist to catch them at the launchers. I particularly like meleing them with shield and the melee boost card as specialist

    Lightside Endor I start as assault to flank the players defending the computer room.
    Darkside Endor, yes I do start as an officer but they are the best for defending points generally.

    Lightside death star, specialist with trip mine over the retractable bridge then lay trip mines to catch enemies coming in, might switch to officer after that.
    Darkside death Star, again yes an officer for point defence with turret.

    Lightside Yavin mostly officer to get to the courtyard and defend it but here what you're complaining about doesn't happen because people spawn in sporadic groups. The same with Tatooine.

    Darkside Yavin, I go specialist with shield to attack the courtyard turbo laser immediately and plant the bomb protected with shield.


    I can't be bothered going through all the maps but there are only two maps where what you're complaining about happens all the time for both side, Starkiller Base and geonosis. It happens on darkside Endor and Death Star too.

    I'm not an officer main at all as I've shown, my starting class is always determined by the map.

    The officer is fine in it's current format



    Someone can be an officer and then buff and get the points, then respawn as any of the classes you said for the reasons you mentioned. Enough said.

    And people do often do that.
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Your point is flawed though, I've just told you I rarely start a game as an officer because the opportunity to score much higher elsewhere exists.

    Lightside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk I always start as specialist to get the missile launcher and score heavily. Then I switch to heavy for the same reason.

    Darkside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk Assault or Specialist to catch them at the launchers. I particularly like meleing them with shield and the melee boost card as specialist

    Lightside Endor I start as assault to flank the players defending the computer room.
    Darkside Endor, yes I do start as an officer but they are the best for defending points generally.

    Lightside death star, specialist with trip mine over the retractable bridge then lay trip mines to catch enemies coming in, might switch to officer after that.
    Darkside death Star, again yes an officer for point defence with turret.

    Lightside Yavin mostly officer to get to the courtyard and defend it but here what you're complaining about doesn't happen because people spawn in sporadic groups. The same with Tatooine.

    Darkside Yavin, I go specialist with shield to attack the courtyard turbo laser immediately and plant the bomb protected with shield.


    I can't be bothered going through all the maps but there are only two maps where what you're complaining about happens all the time for both side, Starkiller Base and geonosis. It happens on darkside Endor and Death Star too.

    I'm not an officer main at all as I've shown, my starting class is always determined by the map.

    The officer is fine in it's current format



    Someone can be an officer and then buff and get the points, then respawn as any of the classes you said for the reasons you mentioned. Enough said.

    Only in a fast respawn event, normally you wait for 5 seconds to respawn you're too late to do anything I suggested.

    Enough said

    You're just complaining because people don't play how you want them too, get over it
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Your point is flawed though, I've just told you I rarely start a game as an officer because the opportunity to score much higher elsewhere exists.

    Lightside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk I always start as specialist to get the missile launcher and score heavily. Then I switch to heavy for the same reason.

    Darkside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk Assault or Specialist to catch them at the launchers. I particularly like meleing them with shield and the melee boost card as specialist

    Lightside Endor I start as assault to flank the players defending the computer room.
    Darkside Endor, yes I do start as an officer but they are the best for defending points generally.

    Lightside death star, specialist with trip mine over the retractable bridge then lay trip mines to catch enemies coming in, might switch to officer after that.
    Darkside death Star, again yes an officer for point defence with turret.

    Lightside Yavin mostly officer to get to the courtyard and defend it but here what you're complaining about doesn't happen because people spawn in sporadic groups. The same with Tatooine.

    Darkside Yavin, I go specialist with shield to attack the courtyard turbo laser immediately and plant the bomb protected with shield.


    I can't be bothered going through all the maps but there are only two maps where what you're complaining about happens all the time for both side, Starkiller Base and geonosis. It happens on darkside Endor and Death Star too.

    I'm not an officer main at all as I've shown, my starting class is always determined by the map.

    The officer is fine in it's current format



    Someone can be an officer and then buff and get the points, then respawn as any of the classes you said for the reasons you mentioned. Enough said.

    Only in a fast respawn event, normally you wait for 5 seconds to respawn you're too late to do anything I suggested.

    Enough said

    You're just complaining because people don't play how you want them too, get over it

    Ah, definitely not enough said there haha. Thanks to the addition of being able to spawn on players, you can pick one of the assaults or specialist's (which are usually one of the 3 others in your squad), and then spawn in on them whilst they've been using a fast running ability and you're already back to where you would of been.

    So, once again, people do this and they get the added bonus of the officer buff points and still get to play the objective basically the same as if they had just started with one of the other classes.
  • So you don't want officers scoring points at the beginning of the battle because it gives them a BP advantage.
    So should the speed boost of Assault and Specialist with middle abilities be removed as this helps them get to objectives first and score fast.

    Different play styles offer different opportunities, this is the way it should be much like life.

    Yeah I already said I'm ok with those being removed as well. Although the officer does accumulate points at a much faster rate than all the other classes anyway so I don't think it's really necessary to nerf the other classes in any way.

    I know the officers will fight this proposed change to the death because who wants a nerf of their main class? No one. It's a little sad that hardly any of them publicly recognise that they get more points on average than the other classes regardless of the intention of the class's role in the game. A class's role, be it combat or support or heavy infantry, should not have any reflection on the overall average of BP that class receives.

    I used to play officer and I never admitted it either. Yet I always knew they were OP with points. So few officers do admit.

    Jokes really on all of them in the end, because every other player in the game who isn't an officer just views these people as bad players no matter how high up the scoreboard they get. I personally don't even really find them an issue because I get hero basically all the time. I just want a change because even when I see it happen on the enemy team I think it's just lame that these guys are getting heroes and don't like constantly VS'ing a bad player when they get a hero all because they used a certain class.

    It's like if a palpatine gets first place nowadays. We all know it doesn't count haha.

    Your point is flawed though, I've just told you I rarely start a game as an officer because the opportunity to score much higher elsewhere exists.

    Lightside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk I always start as specialist to get the missile launcher and score heavily. Then I switch to heavy for the same reason.

    Darkside Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk Assault or Specialist to catch them at the launchers. I particularly like meleing them with shield and the melee boost card as specialist

    Lightside Endor I start as assault to flank the players defending the computer room.
    Darkside Endor, yes I do start as an officer but they are the best for defending points generally.

    Lightside death star, specialist with trip mine over the retractable bridge then lay trip mines to catch enemies coming in, might switch to officer after that.
    Darkside death Star, again yes an officer for point defence with turret.

    Lightside Yavin mostly officer to get to the courtyard and defend it but here what you're complaining about doesn't happen because people spawn in sporadic groups. The same with Tatooine.

    Darkside Yavin, I go specialist with shield to attack the courtyard turbo laser immediately and plant the bomb protected with shield.


    I can't be bothered going through all the maps but there are only two maps where what you're complaining about happens all the time for both side, Starkiller Base and geonosis. It happens on darkside Endor and Death Star too.

    I'm not an officer main at all as I've shown, my starting class is always determined by the map.

    The officer is fine in it's current format



    Someone can be an officer and then buff and get the points, then respawn as any of the classes you said for the reasons you mentioned. Enough said.

    Only in a fast respawn event, normally you wait for 5 seconds to respawn you're too late to do anything I suggested.

    Enough said

    You're just complaining because people don't play how you want them too, get over it

    Ah, definitely not enough said there haha. Thanks to the addition of being able to spawn on players, you can pick one of the assaults or specialist's (which are usually one of the 3 others in your squad), and then spawn in on them whilst they've been using a fast running ability (which they always do) and you're already back to where you would of been.

    So, once again, people do this and they get the added bonus of the officer buff points and still get to play the objective basically the same as if they had just started with one of the other classes.

    I'm complaining because of an imbalance in the game. You just don't agree with it because you haven't thought it out well enough.
  • Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!