criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Remove points from officer health buff for first 30 seconds at the start of a game.

2456

Replies

  • polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.
  • I’m pretty sure DICE nerfed the point gain a while back, so I think how they are at the moment is intentional.

    And I’m sure a large portion of those battle points come from the bounty hunter star card
  • it's a non issue that bugs you for unknown reasons

    Unknown? No no no. I know. Anyone that reads my posts know. Why don't you know? Get in the know.
  • polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.

    BP aren't just limited to combat. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get it for supporting other players.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.

    BP aren't just limited to combat. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get it for supporting other players.

    You still haven't read the OP haha
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.

    BP aren't just limited to combat. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get it for supporting other players.

    There's an answer to that question in there as well.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.

    BP aren't just limited to combat. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get it for supporting other players.

    You still haven't read the OP haha

    That's quite the assumption, there.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.

    BP aren't just limited to combat. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get it for supporting other players.

    You still haven't read the OP haha

    That's quite the assumption, there.

    Considering your last 2 posts both had answers within the OP, it's not "quite the assumption". What I said is highly likely to be true and therefore it's just "an assumption".
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    Do we really have to nerf the officer again?
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Let’s just hope they don’t bring anymore CW heroes to this game. The current load out is fine. No one wants Ashoka
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Do we really have to nerf the officer again?

    Yes. I'm afraid their points imbalance is still quite operational.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Let’s just hope they don’t bring anymore CW heroes to this game. The current load out is fine. No one wants Ashoka

    Let's just hope they remove these officer points.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    I thought they were still on vacation?

    Do the Devs even take vacation? They could probably still comment from their phones, or tablets about any issues
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Do we really have to nerf the officer again?

    Yes. I'm afraid their points imbalance is still quite operational.

    And yet we wonder why all anyone wants to do is play BP units

    It's this kind of thinking that has killed class variety and created a meta unchanging for the better part of a year and a half
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • Let’s just hope the Target system never comes back. Bad all the exploiters.
  • Alotta Officers in here 😂😂. I’m telling you man you can’t get rid of this crutch. They are “inspiring” the battlefield by hoarding points LOL. Most people don’t know how to argue the officer right, I’ve been told ALL the officer buffs have a 300 cap AND that’s if we get rid of officer points we need to get rid of Yoda’s presence BP gain LMAO. As if either of those existed
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    edited January 13
    3lzl1e.jpg

    Put on the extra shield health and you'll get to be a tank while taking only a slight hit in BP generation, but yall just wanna keep nerfing the support class to the point it no longer IS a support class
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    3lzl1e.jpg

    Put on the extra shield health and you'll get to be a tank while taking only a slight hit in BP generation, but yall just wanna keep nerfing the support class to the point it no longer IS a support class

    Slight hit? Cmon. PLUS do you get assists for teammates kills? I get what your saying but it’s still not comparable
  • The issue isn’t a class having abilities or cards that get them points, every class has something. It’s the AMOUNT and the accessibility the officer gains.

    Nothing will change so it’s a dying topic as I’ve already said, officers think this is an attack on their class. They can still do everything lol
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    3lzl1e.jpg

    Put on the extra shield health and you'll get to be a tank while taking only a slight hit in BP generation, but yall just wanna keep nerfing the support class to the point it no longer IS a support class

    Slight hit? Cmon. PLUS do you get assists for teammates kills? I get what your saying but it’s still not comparable

    3lzmyw.jpg

    giphy.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    3lzl1e.jpg

    Put on the extra shield health and you'll get to be a tank while taking only a slight hit in BP generation, but yall just wanna keep nerfing the support class to the point it no longer IS a support class

    Slight hit? Cmon. PLUS do you get assists for teammates kills? I get what your saying but it’s still not comparable

    3lzmyw.jpg

    giphy.gif

    But the difference is Heavy has to take damage and risk getting shot at for 100-400 points. Officer walks behind 5+ troopers fighting and stays behind them getting 1000+. Each class has a BP cheese, none compare the Officer cheese.
  • I didn’t want to get into this topic lol darn it. I’ll exit off that
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    But the difference is Heavy has to take damage and risk getting shot at for 100-400 points. Officer walks behind 5+ troopers fighting and stays behind them getting 1000+. Each class has a BP cheese, none compare the Officer cheese.

    Ehh, what does it matter I get to heal faster maybe get a health buff at a good time

    I really don't care what my team is doing as long as they are at least doing something near the objective. I don't care about playing BP units or Heroes

    I just want to win
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • StarLillie
    366 posts Member
    edited January 13
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    3lzl1e.jpg

    Put on the extra shield health and you'll get to be a tank while taking only a slight hit in BP generation, but yall just wanna keep nerfing the support class to the point it no longer IS a support class

    Slight hit? Cmon. PLUS do you get assists for teammates kills? I get what your saying but it’s still not comparable

    3lzmyw.jpg

    giphy.gif

    But the difference is Heavy has to take damage and risk getting shot at for 100-400 points. Officer walks behind 5+ troopers fighting and stays behind them getting 1000+. Each class has a BP cheese, none compare the Officer cheese.

    Because they're the tank, officer is supporting the entire time, recharging the heavy's sentry and bombs, along with all the other classes. And Officers will stand behind so as not to block your sentry gun, enjoy all those kills your double sentry round got you? Thank an officer. Or don't since, heaven forbid they got something out of it too...

    Also in that scenario I'm pretty sure the heavy gets a lot more than 100-400 points... as an officer I don't get 1000 points for assists only, I have to get kills in there as well.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    3lzl1e.jpg

    Put on the extra shield health and you'll get to be a tank while taking only a slight hit in BP generation, but yall just wanna keep nerfing the support class to the point it no longer IS a support class

    Slight hit? Cmon. PLUS do you get assists for teammates kills? I get what your saying but it’s still not comparable

    3lzmyw.jpg

    giphy.gif

    But the difference is Heavy has to take damage and risk getting shot at for 100-400 points. Officer walks behind 5+ troopers fighting and stays behind them getting 1000+. Each class has a BP cheese, none compare the Officer cheese.

    Because they're the tank, officer is supporting the entire time, recharging the heavy's sentry and bombs, along with all the other classes. And Officers will stand behind so as not to block your sentry gun, enjoy all those kills your double sentry round got you? Thank an officer. Or don't since, heaven forbid they got something out of it too...

    No one is attacking the officers abilities lol. I don’t get why people keep bringing up the USEFULNESS of an officer. It’s the BATTLE POINT GAIN. No one cares about their abilities, it’s what comes AFTER the ability.

    This has NOTHING to do with officer abilities themselves. Lol. Just because people in here don’t abuse it, doesn’t mean it’s not the easiest cheese in the game next to Rey. It’s just a fact that’s how the majority of officers play.
  • ExtractionFan69
    494 posts Member
    edited January 13
    The issue isn’t a class having abilities or cards that get them points, every class has something. It’s the AMOUNT and the accessibility the officer gains.

    Nothing will change so it’s a dying topic as I’ve already said, officers think this is an attack on their class. They can still do everything lol

    I'm not an officer main but this guy's neverending jihad against officers is both funny and poorly argued

    one good thing about this game is that the base trooper classes are well balanced (about the only thing that is), none need changing and all are fun to play for different reasons

    honestly it wouldn't affect my playing choices at all if officer BP were nerfed, but it's equally an unnecessary change and this guy just seems permanently salty because he thinks all the people above him on the scoreboard are officers :D
  • @StarLillie you’re more than welcomed to go test the heavy out. You die in the same amount. You’re an officer main, how would you know about a heavy? I just tested it and I only got 1 life of 900 points, because you have to be getting SHOT at to get the points. Officers do not.

    You say you don’t go out and exploit the officer, that’s the reason you don’t get 1000 points LOL. But please don’t be ignorant and say you CANT get 1000 points off assist alone. It’s very possible
  • Okay, I’m on too deep FORSURE now. I’ll reframe from replying to the reply’s to me. Officers are such a hot topic and idk why.

    Enjoy whatever class you want
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    You got pick up every point, officers are out to make it rich. Must be the season of the Pizza bear
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • @StarLillie you’re more than welcomed to go test the heavy out. You die in the same amount. You’re an officer main, how would you know about a heavy? I just tested it and I only got 1 life of 900 points, because you have to be getting SHOT at to get the points. Officers do not.

    You say you don’t go out and exploit the officer, that’s the reason you don’t get 1000 points LOL. But please don’t be ignorant and say you CANT get 1000 points off assist alone. It’s very possible

    I've played all the classes, if I venture into co-op heavy is my top choice. I'm just a support class at heart.
    But you are right, I main officer, I am probably still too new to know all need to knows. Not ignorant just inexperienced, there is a difference. I agreed the bp gain at the very start is a bit much, it should activate at the point of battle.

    I do know however, if you nerf the officer, after time there will be some other class that starts getting hate because their bp is unfair to other classes. It will probably be the heavy, just because they have the sentry ability and take a few hits they shouldn't get more bp than other classes - just because it's their 'ability'. I don't feel this way, but someone will and others too, and domino effect is in play.
    I've played in a group with you and you are a very good player who plays hard, respect. When I step outside I can empathize why you feel this way. I also know you don't really understand the support role, and that's ok too.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    @StarLillie you’re more than welcomed to go test the heavy out. You die in the same amount. You’re an officer main, how would you know about a heavy? I just tested it and I only got 1 life of 900 points, because you have to be getting SHOT at to get the points. Officers do not.

    You say you don’t go out and exploit the officer, that’s the reason you don’t get 1000 points LOL. But please don’t be ignorant and say you CANT get 1000 points off assist alone. It’s very possible

    I've played all the classes, if I venture into co-op heavy is my top choice. I'm just a support class at heart.
    But you are right, I main officer, I am probably still too new to know all need to knows. Not ignorant just inexperienced, there is a difference. I agreed the bp gain at the very start is a bit much, it should activate at the point of battle.

    I do know however, if you nerf the officer, after time there will be some other class that starts getting hate because their bp is unfair to other classes. It will probably be the heavy, just because they have the sentry ability and take a few hits they shouldn't get more bp than other classes - just because it's their 'ability'. I don't feel this way, but someone will and others too, and domino effect is in play.
    I've played in a group with you and you are a very good player who plays hard, respect. When I step outside I can empathize why you feel this way. I also know you don't really understand the support role, and that's ok too.

    That’s very true. That could happen, I can’t forsure say it wouldn’t. It’s also true that support players are needed on every team. I probably don’t understand it 🤷🏻‍♂️I like players like that, my problem isn’t with them. Good points
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Sweatys like this are the reason the game is in the state it is. Anything they perceive as OP they want nerfed to the ground. Just deal with it and move on, instead of complaining about it until you get your way
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.

    BP aren't just limited to combat. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get it for supporting other players.

    You still haven't read the OP haha

    That's quite the assumption, there.

    Considering your last 2 posts both had answers within the OP, it's not "quite the assumption". What I said is highly likely to be true and therefore it's just "an assumption".

    Dude, I have your posts basically memorized now. I know your points. It's the same exact argument as last time, nothing has changed. It IS an assumption on your part because you have no idea what I'm getting at or thinking.

    All you're doing is reposting a post MADE BY YOU that has already been debated in an attempt to either (1) start more arguments or (2) continue complaining like it's going to do something. And, I'm willing to bet it's #1 since you started out this thread by tagging every moderator acting like it's peoples' goal to come here and attack you lol, please.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 13
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Its usually only 500 points. The Highest I have seen is like 700 maybe but I can get 700 with like 2 kills. Not a big issue.

    That was my point in the last discussion he made about this, if I remember correctly. Not sure on the health buff cap but I know the recharge buff is capped at 400. It's the main ability I use as an officer.

    Point is: this isn't a problem. And, officer players shouldn't be penalized because other players are whining when this isn't such a big deal.

    Penalized? Haha I think you mean brought into line with the other classes.

    The health buff has no cap. There are videos of people getting well over 1000 points at the start. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean others don't abuse the class.

    The point is very simple. If it can be exploited at all, then it should be made so it can't be.

    I doubt you or 95% of officer mains will ever openly agree on this (even though you know it's true). Also I think roughly 50% of the playerbase is officer because of the points. So perhaps threads like this won't ever get too much traction because there are far more officers than any other class.

    Officers reign supreme.
    Officers are all.
    Officers are the Empire.
    Officers are the First Order.
    Officers are Battlefront 2.
    And, as an officer, I say: this isn't a big deal.

    In case you're not understanding, there's not some secret officers meeting going on where we all sit at a table and decide this buff isn't a problem. We're individuals who can recognize that it's not an issue. It's not bringing the class into line with the other classes. You are, in fact, penalizing officers by removing their ability to get BP for the first 30 seconds of the match. That's a long time. If you said first 5 seconds, maybe I'd be more in line with what you're saying. But 30 seconds in, the match has already begun, shots have been fired, people have earned BP, and your argument becomes nonsense because there's no way anyone will ever support this thread.

    It's not game breaking. It's not disruptive to your own playing. It's not preventing you from getting a hero. It's not doing anything to you other than existing and you don't like it. That doesn't warrant immediate, if any, action.

    Now, let's be careful here. This isn't a thread for arguing like lunatics.

    bsjrlj125zna.gif

    I honestly cannot believe I have to explain this to anyone. Like seriously I find it baffling that I'm going to have to explain it to you right now. But anyway...

    The officers get points when there is no combat at the start. No other class does. The 30 second timer thing is just what I imagined it'd take to get to combat on most maps. Which is about right. In the OP I did mention exceptions for certain maps.

    Did you even read the OP or did you just read the title and post?

    I never said you all get together and come to an agreement on anything. The thing is, that if a nerf is called on something that someone uses, they almost always push against that nerf even if it would bring more balance to the game.

    BP aren't just limited to combat. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to get it for supporting other players.

    You still haven't read the OP haha

    That's quite the assumption, there.

    Considering your last 2 posts both had answers within the OP, it's not "quite the assumption". What I said is highly likely to be true and therefore it's just "an assumption".

    Dude, I have your posts basically memorized now. I know your points. It's the same exact argument as last time, nothing has changed. It IS an assumption on your part because you have no idea what I'm getting at or thinking.

    All you're doing is reposting a post MADE BY YOU that has already been debated in an attempt to either (1) start more arguments or (2) continue complaining like it's going to do something. And, I'm willing to bet it's #1 since you started out this thread by tagging every moderator acting like it's peoples' goal to come here and attack you lol, please.

    Tagging the mods was pretty funny, and a big no no. I b4 lock
  • This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    But the difference is Heavy has to take damage and risk getting shot at for 100-400 points. Officer walks behind 5+ troopers fighting and stays behind them getting 1000+. Each class has a BP cheese, none compare the Officer cheese.

    Ehh, what does it matter I get to heal faster maybe get a health buff at a good time

    I really don't care what my team is doing as long as they are at least doing something near the objective. I don't care about playing BP units or Heroes

    I just want to win

    Oh, well as long as you don't care then none of us should either.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    But the difference is Heavy has to take damage and risk getting shot at for 100-400 points. Officer walks behind 5+ troopers fighting and stays behind them getting 1000+. Each class has a BP cheese, none compare the Officer cheese.

    Ehh, what does it matter I get to heal faster maybe get a health buff at a good time

    I really don't care what my team is doing as long as they are at least doing something near the objective. I don't care about playing BP units or Heroes

    I just want to win

    Oh, well as long as you don't care then none of us should either.

    They keyword in this post Is "I"
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

  • The issue isn’t a class having abilities or cards that get them points, every class has something. It’s the AMOUNT and the accessibility the officer gains.

    Nothing will change so it’s a dying topic as I’ve already said, officers think this is an attack on their class. They can still do everything lol

    I'm not an officer main but this guy's neverending jihad against officers is both funny and poorly argued

    one good thing about this game is that the base trooper classes are well balanced (about the only thing that is), none need changing and all are fun to play for different reasons

    honestly it wouldn't affect my playing choices at all if officer BP were nerfed, but it's equally an unnecessary change and this guy just seems permanently salty because he thinks all the people above him on the scoreboard are officers :D

    How is it poorly argued? You literally add nothing but poor jokes with the same theme of desperate nonchalant and indifferent demeaner behind all of them haha. Like you always seem to be attempting to be too cool for school and don't try and offer up any actual counter arguments to anything I've said. Have you read the OP? I doubt it. If you had you would of seen that I wrote that the officer is well balanced, because I feel all the base trooper classes are when it comes to gameplay. Just not the points.

    No one is above me on the scoreboard. I don't exaggerate that. On average I'd be top of the scoreboard regardless of who plays. I'm sick of vs'ing other players that suck with heroes just because they used an officer to get the hero first. Also I'd like to make the game balanced for everyone else as well. Casuals and noobs are the ones that suffer the most from this issue, and also other veteran players that aren't as good as me.

    This forum and talking to other officers directly are the only 2 instances where the officer is defended for the BP gain at all. When I've spoken to literally any player directly that I've vs'd or been on teams with, who don't main officer, agree that officer BP are unbalanced.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    @StarLillie you’re more than welcomed to go test the heavy out. You die in the same amount. You’re an officer main, how would you know about a heavy? I just tested it and I only got 1 life of 900 points, because you have to be getting SHOT at to get the points. Officers do not.

    You say you don’t go out and exploit the officer, that’s the reason you don’t get 1000 points LOL. But please don’t be ignorant and say you CANT get 1000 points off assist alone. It’s very possible

    I've played all the classes, if I venture into co-op heavy is my top choice. I'm just a support class at heart.
    But you are right, I main officer, I am probably still too new to know all need to knows. Not ignorant just inexperienced, there is a difference. I agreed the bp gain at the very start is a bit much, it should activate at the point of battle.

    I do know however, if you nerf the officer, after time there will be some other class that starts getting hate because their bp is unfair to other classes. It will probably be the heavy, just because they have the sentry ability and take a few hits they shouldn't get more bp than other classes - just because it's their 'ability'. I don't feel this way, but someone will and others too, and domino effect is in play.
    I've played in a group with you and you are a very good player who plays hard, respect. When I step outside I can empathize why you feel this way. I also know you don't really understand the support role, and that's ok too.

    I just don't think there should be inaction because of fear of further calls for nerfs. I've seen this BP issue as the only ongoing topic for the base classes for 2 years. At launch it was a massive issue that was frequently brought up and it's only died down because of an extremely small nerf that didn't really do anything and I think many people have given up on it. I mean look what I have to go through whenever I make a thread about it haha.

    So I'm saying I can't really see what specific nerf people would ask for if this change was made. All the classes gameplay seem very well balanced, so I can't see anything there being a problem. Also I don't know of another way to exploit BP to the extent the officer class can, so I also can't see how an issue would come about for other classes in that sense either.
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    I didn't read and am now commenting because nobody tells me what to do unless there's some money coming my way... simple fix; every base 4 trooper spawns in with abilities empty and they must recharge....this will also stop the horrible spam of every horrible ability dice has implemented into the game that makes it so toxic...

    sidebar, I think it's hilarious that on every monthly survey dice asks if we have encountered toxic behavior when they have created the ultimate tools in allowing players to play in a toxic manner. so naïve they are. idk if it's a Swedish thing or a dice thing but....

    That's an even better idea than my 30 second rule. To have the abilities all on cooldown when it starts. Except for the maps I mentioned in the OP.
  • This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.
  • So, this thread is exactly why you can’t determine “popularity” or “large agreement” of a topic simply because of post count since probably 80% of the responses are by one person.

    You’re falling into a trap of making large swathing generalizations, assumptions, outright opinion.

    You’ve had multiple people who are non-officer mains tell you on this thread they disagree with making changes to officers. Yet, your posts make it seem as though every person who is a non-officer agrees with you.

    Frankly, I feel like this whole thread is just a giant troll. The problem here is anyone that disagrees with you, you either outright attack, belittle, accuse of not reading your long diatribe that is just marred in opinion of how terrible BP gain is for officers.

    I go back to exactly what I’ve said before on this. It’s an effort in futility to try to gather a consensus to your point of view because it’s a subjective topic on what’s fair.

    Please let this die. As you can tell, the dev team hasn’t responded to this after 100+ comments. That should tell you where it may rate on their priority list. (Unlike the Ani bug thread that got a response on page 1.)
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Sweatys like this are the reason the game is in the state it is. Anything they perceive as OP they want nerfed to the ground. Just deal with it and move on, instead of complaining about it until you get your way

    The state it's in? Haha What state would that be? I've played since beta and it's better than it was back then and at launch.

    I don't really care about anything else that might be considered OP. You know why? Because I still win regardless. I've been talking about something that has nothing to do with gameplay though. Only the 500 or so points at the start of a match for doing nothing. That's all.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    So, this thread is exactly why you can’t determine “popularity” or “large agreement” of a topic simply because of post count since probably 80% of the responses are by one person.

    You’re falling into a trap of making large swathing generalizations, assumptions, outright opinion.

    You’ve had multiple people who are non-officer mains tell you on this thread they disagree with making changes to officers. Yet, your posts make it seem as though every person who is a non-officer agrees with you.

    Frankly, I feel like this whole thread is just a giant troll. The problem here is anyone that disagrees with you, you either outright attack, belittle, accuse of not reading your long diatribe that is just marred in opinion of how terrible BP gain is for officers.

    I go back to exactly what I’ve said before on this. It’s an effort in futility to try to gather a consensus to your point of view because it’s a subjective topic on what’s fair.

    Please let this die. As you can tell, the dev team hasn’t responded to this after 100+ comments. That should tell you where it may rate on their priority list. (Unlike the Ani bug thread that got a response on page 1.)

    I accuse them of not reading the OP when I honestly feel they haven't. Also many that have disagreed and who aren't an officer have done so seemingly without reading the OP. My original post is quite rational and asking for an imbalance to be fixed.

    Who have I outright attacked or belittled? I've tagged mods in the thread. Why would I attack or belittle someone outright? Anyone that's had a big go at me, then I defend myself. Yet I don't do it in a way where a ban is applicable or anything. I do it bring things back on course to the topic at hand and possibly correct anything misleading or flat out wrong that they have said about me in their comment.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    So, this thread is exactly why you can’t determine “popularity” or “large agreement” of a topic simply because of post count since probably 80% of the responses are by one person.

    You’re falling into a trap of making large swathing generalizations, assumptions, outright opinion.

    You’ve had multiple people who are non-officer mains tell you on this thread they disagree with making changes to officers. Yet, your posts make it seem as though every person who is a non-officer agrees with you.

    Frankly, I feel like this whole thread is just a giant troll. The problem here is anyone that disagrees with you, you either outright attack, belittle, accuse of not reading your long diatribe that is just marred in opinion of how terrible BP gain is for officers.

    I go back to exactly what I’ve said before on this. It’s an effort in futility to try to gather a consensus to your point of view because it’s a subjective topic on what’s fair.

    Please let this die. As you can tell, the dev team hasn’t responded to this after 100+ comments. That should tell you where it may rate on their priority list. (Unlike the Ani bug thread that got a response on page 1.)

    The Dev team have stated they don't always respond to threads if they don't have anything to add. They don't always respond to possible changes even if threads are made about them before they come about. Saying that because a Dev hasn't responded in some way reflects this topic's rank on their priority list is flawed logic.
  • You did to me and in fact I asked you not to use caps. Should I link you back to that post :smiley:?

    It may be rational, but the topic is subjective. And this type of subjective topic will not gather a consensus, unlike fixing actual bugs, which are not subjective.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    So, this thread is exactly why you can’t determine “popularity” or “large agreement” of a topic simply because of post count since probably 80% of the responses are by one person.

    You’re falling into a trap of making large swathing generalizations, assumptions, outright opinion.

    You’ve had multiple people who are non-officer mains tell you on this thread they disagree with making changes to officers. Yet, your posts make it seem as though every person who is a non-officer agrees with you.

    Frankly, I feel like this whole thread is just a giant troll. The problem here is anyone that disagrees with you, you either outright attack, belittle, accuse of not reading your long diatribe that is just marred in opinion of how terrible BP gain is for officers.

    I go back to exactly what I’ve said before on this. It’s an effort in futility to try to gather a consensus to your point of view because it’s a subjective topic on what’s fair.

    Please let this die. As you can tell, the dev team hasn’t responded to this after 100+ comments. That should tell you where it may rate on their priority list. (Unlike the Ani bug thread that got a response on page 1.)

    Also, 80% of comments are from me? I don't think you should exaggerate to that extent if you are trying to make a logical analysis of my thread.
  • See, I think you’ve made my point with your response. Obviously, 80% was facetious, I didn’t actually go count them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!