criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Remove points from officer health buff for first 30 seconds at the start of a game.

1356

Replies

  • xeynx wrote: »
    You did to me and in fact I asked you not to use caps. Should I link you back to that post :smiley:?

    It may be rational, but the topic is subjective. And this type of subjective topic will not gather a consensus, unlike fixing actual bugs, which are not subjective.

    So what's your point? That I don't bring it up because it's subjective?

    I didn't outright attack you haha. I used caps and I made it very clear in the next post why I did and you seemed to accept it and move along with the conversation. There's a difference between belittling people compared to being a situation where you've had to explain the same things again and again and again to people to the point where you now try and make it obvious and painfully clear, from the very first post to them, what exactly your questions are and what you're talking about. Because, like I said many posts ago to you, I've had the same convo with you as I have with others and basically all of them go off topic and I have had to reign them in and use caps and over the top precise language to get them to understand what exactly the topic is. I think it's usually because they actually want to get off topic and so therefore I haven't given them any room for them to do that in this thread.
  • And if you’re curious, you’re at 41.8%, 46/110. (Not including this post which was 111.)
  • I guess 42.3% now since you posted another :wink:
  • xeynx wrote: »
    See, I think you’ve made my point with your response. Obviously, 80% was facetious, I didn’t actually go count them.

    I know you didn't, but it was too much of an exaggeration to be taken seriously at all.
  • xeynx wrote: »
    See, I think you’ve made my point with your response. Obviously, 80% was facetious, I didn’t actually go count them.

    I know you didn't, but it was too much of an exaggeration to be taken seriously at all.

    This guy likes u
  • xeynx wrote: »
    And if you’re curious, you’re at 41.8%, 46/110. (Not including this post which was 111.)

    See, there we go. 41.8% and it's my own thread. So obviously I'm going to be in here defending it more than anyone.

    But anyway, I never said a proposed change should be determined by a threads comment count. So if you have an issue with that end of the forum, maybe make a thread about it?

    I think changes should be based in rational and logical discussion that promote better all around gameplay and a more balanced environment. It can take literally one post for this to happen sometimes. Other times it can take ages to get people on board.

    Starlillie is one person, for example, who didn't agree with me at the start of the last time I made a similar thread, but has since then changed her mind on it and now agrees the start points are not warranted. So yeah, sometimes it can take a while and some further explaining of a situation and to just talk it out with people and they might sometimes change their minds.
  • This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.

    People not agreeing with you doesn't equal they didn't read it
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.

    People not agreeing with you doesn't equal they didn't read it

    It makes no sense someone would comment that if they read the OP. That's my point. I mentioned nothing about the officer's gameplay and in fact went out of my way to say the officer's gameplay is fine as it is. Therefore it goes to reason that if someone read that, they wouldn't comment saying I am targeting officer gameplay.
  • polarition wrote: »
    This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.

    People not agreeing with you doesn't equal they didn't read it

    It makes no sense someone would comment that if they read the OP. That's my point. I mentioned nothing about the officer's gameplay and in fact went out of my way to say the officer's gameplay is fine as it is. Therefore it goes to reason that if someone read that, they wouldn't comment saying I am targeting officer gameplay.

    You know, people can expand a topic, right? That's how discussions work.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • xeynx wrote: »
    And if you’re curious, you’re at 41.8%, 46/110. (Not including this post which was 111.)

    See, there we go. 41.8% and it's my own thread. So obviously I'm going to be in here defending it more than anyone.

    But anyway, I never said a proposed change should be determined by a threads comment count. So if you have an issue with that end of the forum, maybe make a thread about it?

    I think changes should be based in rational and logical discussion that promote better all around gameplay and a more balanced environment. It can take literally one post for this to happen sometimes. Other times it can take ages to get people on board.

    Starlillie is one person, for example, who didn't agree with me at the start of the last time I made a similar thread, but has since then changed her mind on it and now agrees the start points are not warranted. So yeah, sometimes it can take a while and some further explaining of a situation and to just talk it out with people and they might sometimes change their minds.

    I think that you wanted a nerf to numerous things regarding officer which was why I fought it so hard originally.
    I don't think the 200-500 starter points make much difference at the end a match, but if you think it's unfair sure, take them away. It doesn't effect my game personally cause I'm not hero racing.

    I don't believe you're going to be happy with that though. Those same people will still get hero's before you do, playing officer or not. I'm also not convinced that those players are even playing officer, you just have a huge assumption they are 🤷🏼‍♀️ but power to you, I'll support you friend.


    See what I did there? 🙃
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.

    People not agreeing with you doesn't equal they didn't read it

    It makes no sense someone would comment that if they read the OP. That's my point. I mentioned nothing about the officer's gameplay and in fact went out of my way to say the officer's gameplay is fine as it is. Therefore it goes to reason that if someone read that, they wouldn't comment saying I am targeting officer gameplay.

    You know, people can expand a topic, right? That's how discussions work.

    Yes that's true, but officer gameplay and the balance of their support role in combat has nothing at all to do with the thread and is usually used in threads like this as a way to veer off into a discussion about how that should changed rather than sticking to the point I made about their starting battlepoints. That person was making an inaccurate assessment of what is at the core of this thread.

    Anyway, I made an assumption they hadn't read the OP because they were so wrong in how they summed up the thread. Not really much point talking about that anymore.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    xeynx wrote: »
    And if you’re curious, you’re at 41.8%, 46/110. (Not including this post which was 111.)

    See, there we go. 41.8% and it's my own thread. So obviously I'm going to be in here defending it more than anyone.

    But anyway, I never said a proposed change should be determined by a threads comment count. So if you have an issue with that end of the forum, maybe make a thread about it?

    I think changes should be based in rational and logical discussion that promote better all around gameplay and a more balanced environment. It can take literally one post for this to happen sometimes. Other times it can take ages to get people on board.

    Starlillie is one person, for example, who didn't agree with me at the start of the last time I made a similar thread, but has since then changed her mind on it and now agrees the start points are not warranted. So yeah, sometimes it can take a while and some further explaining of a situation and to just talk it out with people and they might sometimes change their minds.

    I think that you wanted a nerf to numerous things regarding officer which was why I fought it so hard originally.
    I don't think the 200-500 starter points make much difference at the end a match, but if you think it's unfair sure, take them away. It doesn't effect my game personally cause I'm not hero racing.

    I don't believe you're going to be happy with that though. Those same people will still get hero's before you do, playing officer or not. I'm also not convinced that those players are even playing officer, you just have a huge assumption they are 🤷🏼‍♀️ but power to you, I'll support you friend.

    Fair enough. Yes you're right it makes almost no difference to the points at the end of the match for sure. Which is why I don't understand why people keep saying I have an issue with the end scoreboard haha.

    On average I personally am always first to a hero with assault and specialist. That's on average, not always obviously. My main personal issue with this is constantly versing lesser players on the enemy team who have heroes seemingly just because of this issue. I'm one of the few that don't really have a personal issue with officers at the start while on the same team, but that's not to say many others don't. I know for a long time while I was noob/not as good, I had a big issue with them. Even to the point of turning to main them so I could exploit them the same as others do haha. But yeah, like I've said, I think probably noobs/casuals have the most issue with officers and probably don't even realise why sometimes. I mean I was playing for quite a while at the start without even knowing about the inspiring presence card haha.

    The Australian server had only 1 or 2 GA games a day going for about 6 months last year. So I got to know all the regulars and even casuals very well and believe me I knew exactly who used officer to try and get a hero first and relied on them completely for it.

    Anyway, thanks for the support :)
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.

    People not agreeing with you doesn't equal they didn't read it

    It makes no sense someone would comment that if they read the OP. That's my point. I mentioned nothing about the officer's gameplay and in fact went out of my way to say the officer's gameplay is fine as it is. Therefore it goes to reason that if someone read that, they wouldn't comment saying I am targeting officer gameplay.

    You know, people can expand a topic, right? That's how discussions work.

    Yes that's true, but officer gameplay and the balance of their support role in combat has nothing at all to do with the thread and is usually used in threads like this as a way to veer off into a discussion about how that should changed rather than sticking to the point I made about their starting battlepoints. That person was making an inaccurate assessment of what is at the core of this thread.

    Anyway, I made an assumption they hadn't read the OP because they were so wrong in how they summed up the thread. Not really much point talking about that anymore.

    They're not wrong, you're wrong. For making this post again. It's ridiculous. Get over officers.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • The 3 other base trooper classes unite! With our powers combined, we can overcome this imbalance!

    On some maps I can get WAY more points in the first 30 seconds than what the officer gets. It's fine how it is. What needs to be fixed is KA stacking.
  • Peepzilla
    988 posts Member
    edited January 14
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Bloated?
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.

    People not agreeing with you doesn't equal they didn't read it

    It makes no sense someone would comment that if they read the OP. That's my point. I mentioned nothing about the officer's gameplay and in fact went out of my way to say the officer's gameplay is fine as it is. Therefore it goes to reason that if someone read that, they wouldn't comment saying I am targeting officer gameplay.

    You know, people can expand a topic, right? That's how discussions work.

    Yes that's true, but officer gameplay and the balance of their support role in combat has nothing at all to do with the thread and is usually used in threads like this as a way to veer off into a discussion about how that should changed rather than sticking to the point I made about their starting battlepoints. That person was making an inaccurate assessment of what is at the core of this thread.

    Anyway, I made an assumption they hadn't read the OP because they were so wrong in how they summed up the thread. Not really much point talking about that anymore.

    They're not wrong, you're wrong. For making this post again. It's ridiculous. Get over officers.

    They were wrong.
  • The 3 other base trooper classes unite! With our powers combined, we can overcome this imbalance!

    On some maps I can get WAY more points in the first 30 seconds than what the officer gets. It's fine how it is. What needs to be fixed is KA stacking.

    Well I've said before that I've noticed many people starting as officer, then buffing for their 300-500 points, and then spawning in as another class.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Firstly, if you main officer, I'm not sure you have the right to tell someone to git gud? I could be wrong though.

    If you or anyone you know aren't getting at least 400 points on maps like kamino or jakku or kashyyyk, or any of the others where the team starts together, then you just aren't doing the buff correctly. I used to main officer and I could easily get a minimum of 400 points per buff at the start of those maps. Don't try and play it down.

    Once again another who hasn't read the OP haha.

    I said in the OP that naboo was one of the exceptions and that it should not have this restriction imposed on it.

    I've also said this many times...I almost always get a hero first, yet I'm sick of versing lesser players who get heroes because of this exploit. Also I think many noobs/casuals would benefit from this being removed because it's more of an issue for them.

    I think this one aspect of the game has been unbalanced since launch, and it's time for a change.
  • Chem0
    198 posts Member
    The 3 other base trooper classes unite! With our powers combined, we can overcome this imbalance!

    On some maps I can get WAY more points in the first 30 seconds than what the officer gets. It's fine how it is. What needs to be fixed is KA stacking.

    Well I've said before that I've noticed many people starting as officer, then buffing for their 300-500 points, and then spawning in as another class.

    And so what? This dead horse has already been beaten to dust. They won't change it anymore and have nerfed officer bp gain several times already + weapons.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    This thread is just a huge whinefest because people don't agree with how officer plays.
    Officer is fine right now.

    Not even my main class I play as a specialist mostly and can easily get to 4k BP first

    How officer plays? Geez, another that didn't read the OP.

    I said officer is totally fine in it's gameplay but just not that one problem at the beginning of games.

    People not agreeing with you doesn't equal they didn't read it

    It makes no sense someone would comment that if they read the OP. That's my point. I mentioned nothing about the officer's gameplay and in fact went out of my way to say the officer's gameplay is fine as it is. Therefore it goes to reason that if someone read that, they wouldn't comment saying I am targeting officer gameplay.

    You know, people can expand a topic, right? That's how discussions work.

    Yes that's true, but officer gameplay and the balance of their support role in combat has nothing at all to do with the thread and is usually used in threads like this as a way to veer off into a discussion about how that should changed rather than sticking to the point I made about their starting battlepoints. That person was making an inaccurate assessment of what is at the core of this thread.

    Anyway, I made an assumption they hadn't read the OP because they were so wrong in how they summed up the thread. Not really much point talking about that anymore.

    They're not wrong, you're wrong. For making this post again. It's ridiculous. Get over officers.

    They were wrong.

    Nah, man.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    The 3 other base trooper classes unite! With our powers combined, we can overcome this imbalance!

    On some maps I can get WAY more points in the first 30 seconds than what the officer gets. It's fine how it is. What needs to be fixed is KA stacking.

    Well I've said before that I've noticed many people starting as officer, then buffing for their 300-500 points, and then spawning in as another class.

    And so what? This dead horse has already been beaten to dust. They won't change it anymore and have nerfed officer bp gain several times already + weapons.

    So what? Haha Dude I've given reasons in the OP and throughout the thread for wanting this buff removed at the start. Don't ask me 3 pages deep why I would find issue with starting as an officer, then buffing and then respawning as another class.
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    The 3 other base trooper classes unite! With our powers combined, we can overcome this imbalance!

    On some maps I can get WAY more points in the first 30 seconds than what the officer gets. It's fine how it is. What needs to be fixed is KA stacking.

    Well I've said before that I've noticed many people starting as officer, then buffing for their 300-500 points, and then spawning in as another class.

    And so what? This dead horse has already been beaten to dust. They won't change it anymore and have nerfed officer bp gain several times already + weapons.

    So what? Haha Dude I've given reasons in the OP and throughout the thread for wanting this buff removed at the start. Don't ask me 3 pages deep why I would find issue with starting as an officer, then buffing and then respawning as another class.
    Chem0 wrote: »
    The 3 other base trooper classes unite! With our powers combined, we can overcome this imbalance!

    On some maps I can get WAY more points in the first 30 seconds than what the officer gets. It's fine how it is. What needs to be fixed is KA stacking.

    Well I've said before that I've noticed many people starting as officer, then buffing for their 300-500 points, and then spawning in as another class.

    And so what? This dead horse has already been beaten to dust. They won't change it anymore and have nerfed officer bp gain several times already + weapons.

    So what? Haha Dude I've given reasons in the OP and throughout the thread for wanting this buff removed at the start. Don't ask me 3 pages deep why I would find issue with starting as an officer, then buffing and then respawning as another class.

    The officers don't make enough points to make a differnce. Besides most Heros die within 5 minutes anyway. Just stop beating the dead horse.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Bloated?

    Dictionary.com
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Firstly, if you main officer, I'm not sure you have the right to tell someone to git gud? I could be wrong though.

    If you or anyone you know aren't getting at least 400 points on maps like kamino or jakku or kashyyyk, or any of the others where the team starts together, then you just aren't doing the buff correctly. I used to main officer and I could easily get a minimum of 400 points per buff at the start of those maps. Don't try and play it down.

    Once again another who hasn't read the OP haha.

    I said in the OP that naboo was one of the exceptions and that it should not have this restriction imposed on it.

    I've also said this many times...I almost always get a hero first, yet I'm sick of versing lesser players who get heroes because of this exploit. Also I think many noobs/casuals would benefit from this being removed because it's more of an issue for them.

    I think this one aspect of the game has been unbalanced since launch, and it's time for a change.

    I main heroes.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Bloated?

    Dictionary.com
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Firstly, if you main officer, I'm not sure you have the right to tell someone to git gud? I could be wrong though.

    If you or anyone you know aren't getting at least 400 points on maps like kamino or jakku or kashyyyk, or any of the others where the team starts together, then you just aren't doing the buff correctly. I used to main officer and I could easily get a minimum of 400 points per buff at the start of those maps. Don't try and play it down.

    Once again another who hasn't read the OP haha.

    I said in the OP that naboo was one of the exceptions and that it should not have this restriction imposed on it.

    I've also said this many times...I almost always get a hero first, yet I'm sick of versing lesser players who get heroes because of this exploit. Also I think many noobs/casuals would benefit from this being removed because it's more of an issue for them.

    I think this one aspect of the game has been unbalanced since launch, and it's time for a change.

    I main heroes.

    Good come back.
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    Most people play the officer because of the points and not because they want to play support.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.

    The cap
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Trying to get the officer nerfed like this will just cause more bugs that we dont want or need.
  • It doesn’t really need a nerf. The Officer is outgunned by Heavy, Assault and Specialist with equal skill. The only thing that keeps them competitive is the SE-44C, and that’s about it, they’ll lose to a competent Heavy or Specialist near every time. Other classes make up for no good passive point gain with offensive abilities. They have much higher kill potential than the Officer. It’s not that much of an advantage either. As Specialist, the small points they get at the beginning isn’t going to change much if they aren’t good at buffing the right people. It’d be a waste of time to do something like this. Buff Leia, add new weapons, fix some eyebrows before even thinking about this DICE.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.

    The cap

    There is no cap on the health buff. I don't know about the recharge buff. Go and play a game right now and you'll see. People have told you over and over again that there is no cap.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Trying to get the officer nerfed like this will just cause more bugs that we dont want or need.

    Haha yeah that's always a good reason to not make a change in any way. Nice try.
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.

    The cap

    People can easily get up to 750p if irc. I got 350 yesterday.
  • polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.

    The cap

    There is no cap on the health buff. I don't know about the recharge buff. Go and play a game right now and you'll see. People have told you over and over again that there is no cap.

    Not people. You. You said that. Everyone else here is saying this isn't an issue.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.

    The cap

    There is no cap on the health buff. I don't know about the recharge buff. Go and play a game right now and you'll see. People have told you over and over again that there is no cap.

    Not people. You. You said that. Everyone else here is saying this isn't an issue.

    @OoiiHooked_22 said it also. Like I've said, go and test it. Just do it ok. Stop bringing it up in every single thread about this topic and then act like you somehow are still unaware of whether or not there is a cap.

    You aren't going to get a bunch of officers in this thread telling you that it has no cap because it hurts their argument.

    So with all that said, how about we don't mention it again until you just simply log in and start a game as an officer and test it yourself? Or continue to feign ignorance or actually intentionally keep yourself ignorant and don't check it, and therefore I just won't respond to you about this one particular topic anymore. Up to you, I don't really care what you do, because everyone in the game seems to know there is no cap except you.
  • Officers, if only you could see I'm trying to help you in the long run as well. Right now your class is the joke of the game. No one respects an officer but other officers. We can change that for you if you get on board with at least one small change to your BP. I'm not even asking for anything but removing BP that are acquired by doing nothing.

    Some guy had a better idea than my original one. He said to put all abilities on cooldown at the start. That would prevent fast runners to the obj and also the officer points. So everyone starts the same.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.

    The cap

    There is no cap on the health buff. I don't know about the recharge buff. Go and play a game right now and you'll see. People have told you over and over again that there is no cap.

    Not people. You. You said that. Everyone else here is saying this isn't an issue.

    @OoiiHooked_22 said it also. Like I've said, go and test it. Just do it ok. Stop bringing it up in every single thread about this topic and then act like you somehow are still unaware of whether or not there is a cap.

    You aren't going to get a bunch of officers in this thread telling you that it has no cap because it hurts their argument.

    So with all that said, how about we don't mention it again until you just simply log in and start a game as an officer and test it yourself? Or continue to feign ignorance or actually intentionally keep yourself ignorant and don't check it, and therefore I just won't respond to you about this one particular topic anymore. Up to you, I don't really care what you do, because everyone in the game seems to know there is no cap except you.

    Who?
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Seriously where do you get an approximation of 100-300 points when about 70% of the maps have the entire team starting together, and maybe another 10-15% of them have a situation where all you need to do is run with the team and they all merge together within about 5-10 seconds anyway, such as death star rebels and kamino droids.

    The cap

    There is no cap on the health buff. I don't know about the recharge buff. Go and play a game right now and you'll see. People have told you over and over again that there is no cap.

    Not people. You. You said that. Everyone else here is saying this isn't an issue.

    @OoiiHooked_22 said it also. Like I've said, go and test it. Just do it ok. Stop bringing it up in every single thread about this topic and then act like you somehow are still unaware of whether or not there is a cap.

    You aren't going to get a bunch of officers in this thread telling you that it has no cap because it hurts their argument.

    So with all that said, how about we don't mention it again until you just simply log in and start a game as an officer and test it yourself? Or continue to feign ignorance or actually intentionally keep yourself ignorant and don't check it, and therefore I just won't respond to you about this one particular topic anymore. Up to you, I don't really care what you do, because everyone in the game seems to know there is no cap except you.

    Who?

    Go and test it.
  • @polarition I just tested recharge buff and it doesn't even have a 300 cap. I got 391 points in one buff. So you've lied about that.
  • @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.
  • EA_Rtas
    1876 posts EA Moderator
    edited January 14
    Alright let's try and leave out the excessive bumping and arguing in here. It's unnecessary and ironically causes the thread to get derailed.

    Also, to put my own two cents in here, everyone is welcome to discuss this, whether they agree or disagree. As long as they don't break the rules they won't be moderated. That's just a fact of using the forum.
  • You can take away the start of game BP gains of the Officer class IF on the same day it is added that negative BPs are going to be given out to all of the great many bantha poodoo, laser brains teammates (well over 51% of player base in GA) who don't show the least bit of common sense that is required to play the Objective.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright let's try and leave out the excessive bumping and arguing in here. It's unnecessary and ironically causes the thread to get derailed.

    Also, to put my own two cents in here, everyone is welcome to discuss this, whether they agree or disagree. As long as they don't break the rules they won't be moderated. That's just a fact of using the forum.

    I thought you were going to give your two cents about the officer battlepoints haha Great, now even the mods are derailing the thread! Joking :P
  • You can take away the start of game BP gains of the Officer class IF on the same day it is added that negative BPs are going to be given out to all of the great many bantha poodoo, laser brains teammates (well over 51% of player base in GA) who don't show the least bit of common sense that is required to play the Objective.

    Well sure haha but that would also affect the officers. I think that's a separate issue.
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    It’s about time for the mods to close this thread. It isn’t offering much
  • Just to add my thoughts.

    I kind of like all the officers shouting their squads on when a match starts, its realistic... and if you remove the points people wont bother.

    I don't play officer much anymore but I also do not care too much about the way they accumulate points. My motive for playing is not to accumulate points so I don't care really.
  • Just to add my thoughts.

    I kind of like all the officers shouting their squads on when a match starts, its realistic... and if you remove the points people wont bother.

    I don't play officer much anymore but I also do not care too much about the way they accumulate points. My motive for playing is not to accumulate points so I don't care really.

    Surely the whole team could just be made to shout or something while we watch the team form up, instead of having it connected to BP in any way.
  • @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Funny.
  • Just to add my thoughts.

    I kind of like all the officers shouting their squads on when a match starts, its realistic... and if you remove the points people wont bother.

    I don't play officer much anymore but I also do not care too much about the way they accumulate points. My motive for playing is not to accumulate points so I don't care really.

    Surely the whole team could just be made to shout or something while we watch the team form up, instead of having it connected to BP in any way.

    Yea maybe.

    I think its fine as it is though.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!