criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Remove points from officer health buff for first 30 seconds at the start of a game.

1246

Replies

  • They really also need to remove the battlepoint gain star card too from all classes!
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Bloated?

    Dictionary.com
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can respond to anything other than asking you how/why you are THIS fixated / triggererd about nerfing approx. 100-300 bp at the start of the game for a 150 hp class. (That's more the average than your bloated 500+ claims. although I recognize it is possible to do on the right maps / spawn points.) Do you constantly get beat out getting a hero by officers? That's the only reasoning that makes sense. If that's the case, I hate using this phrase but there's no other way to say it: git gud.

    Either way, your other argument that "it isn't needed right away" is nullified immediately by Naboo alone. I've saved lives in the first 5 seconds of slow-to-move teammates getting hammered by snipes.

    Firstly, if you main officer, I'm not sure you have the right to tell someone to git gud? I could be wrong though.

    If you or anyone you know aren't getting at least 400 points on maps like kamino or jakku or kashyyyk, or any of the others where the team starts together, then you just aren't doing the buff correctly. I used to main officer and I could easily get a minimum of 400 points per buff at the start of those maps. Don't try and play it down.

    Once again another who hasn't read the OP haha.

    I said in the OP that naboo was one of the exceptions and that it should not have this restriction imposed on it.

    I've also said this many times...I almost always get a hero first, yet I'm sick of versing lesser players who get heroes because of this exploit. Also I think many noobs/casuals would benefit from this being removed because it's more of an issue for them.

    I think this one aspect of the game has been unbalanced since launch, and it's time for a change.

    I main heroes.

    I suggest you go get new or your first pair of glasses if you think it’s 100-300 BP LMAO
  • Officer is fine as is.
  • Starwarsor66
    2604 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Officer is fine as is.

    Almost.

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • Love the info, but it’s useless 😢. People will still roll with what they THINK
  • ExtractionFan69
    494 posts Member
    edited January 14
    guarantee that if BP gain for buffing got nerfed he'd next be asking for no BP gain on turret kills because "they're not really at risk" and "it's a cheap way to farm BP" :D

    the guy is obsessed, the officer class is in his head 24x7, someone needs to intervene in this thread and his life

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.
  • ExtractionFan69
    494 posts Member
    edited January 14

    But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.

    are you saying if the officer gets nerfed no one else will earn BP fast enough? like by going on a vanguard killstreak? your argument is more for restricting heroes in the early phase of play than for nerfing BP acquisition (unless like the OP you are just obsessed with the "unfairness" of officer gameplay)

    I'm for kicking heroes out until the final stage but that's me

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.

    are you saying if the officer gets nerfed no one else will earn BP fast enough? like by going on a vanguard killstreak? your argument is more for restricting heroes in the early phase of play than for nerfing BP acquisition (unless like the OP you are just obsessed with the "unfairness" of officer gameplay)

    How can you compare vanguard to the officer BP lol, cmon now. It’s common sense the officer is a crutch for BP, IF USED THAT WAY, doesn’t mean someone HATES the officer...

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.

    So if getting a hero is all that bothers you play that class and get one and be happy and leave us all alone.

    And no.. hero lords are no use because they are so infatuated with their hero they bubble wrap them, don't play the objective and just want to keep them alive all match..... or just want massive irrelevant kill streaks...
    Eg. Last night.... GA..Dark side loses 3 on the bounce with a palps with 60+ kill streaks.

    Its all hot air.... makes no difference.

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.

    are you saying if the officer gets nerfed no one else will earn BP fast enough? like by going on a vanguard killstreak? your argument is more for restricting heroes in the early phase of play than for nerfing BP acquisition (unless like the OP you are just obsessed with the "unfairness" of officer gameplay)

    I'm for kicking heroes out until the final stage but that's me

    Now this guy makes a good point 👍

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.

    So if getting a hero is all that bothers you play that class and get one and be happy and leave us all alone.

    And no.. hero lords are no use because they are so infatuated with their hero they bubble wrap them, don't play the objective and just want to keep them alive all match..... or just want massive irrelevant kill streaks...
    Eg. Last night.... GA..Dark side loses 3 on the bounce with a palps with 60+ kill streaks.

    Its all hot air.... makes no difference.

    awful point. This is extremely opinionated saying heroes don’t play OBJ lol
  • I mean you describe officers BP perfect here but can’t comprehend in this thread LOL

    auj7git92tqa.png
  • I mean you describe officers BP perfect here but can’t comprehend in this thread LOL

    auj7git92tqa.png

    every class has ways of quickly gaining BP, you are just mad because you don't like officer gameplay as it is too "low effort" in your eyes

    in reality officer is often a thankless class to play--very weak so first to die, mostly defensive abilities and poor offense, and primary abilities are to help the team (something this game needs more, not less of), and if you actually played this game rather than just post on the forums you'd see in every mode expert players preferring assault and heavy classes for higher action or the specialist for stealth play

    you would think from the way you and the OP complain about this that every lobby is filled with officers buffing each other to 4000 points, but officers are not very popular, which contradicts the point you think you're making here

    as I said in another post, if you're concerned with people getting heroes quickly, which is understandable because heroes are insanely unbalanced in trooper modes, the solution is to delay hero availability, not to pick on one class that haunts your dreams with its infinite BP gains
  • speaking of which, one of the reasons my favorite mode is Extraction is that it has the best balance because...NO HEROES (cue David Bowie)
  • OoiiHooked_22
    4348 posts Member
    edited January 14
    I mean you describe officers BP perfect here but can’t comprehend in this thread LOL

    auj7git92tqa.png

    every class has ways of quickly gaining BP, you are just mad because you don't like officer gameplay as it is too "low effort" in your eyes

    in reality officer is often a thankless class to play--very weak so first to die, mostly defensive abilities and poor offense, and primary abilities are to help the team (something this game needs more, not less of), and if you actually played this game rather than just post on the forums you'd see in every mode expert players preferring assault and heavy classes for higher action or the specialist for stealth play

    you would think from the way you and the OP complain about this that every lobby is filled with officers buffing each other to 4000 points, but officers are not very popular, which contradicts the point you think you're making here

    as I said in another post, if you're concerned with people getting heroes quickly, which is understandable because heroes are insanely unbalanced in trooper modes, the solution is to delay hero availability, not to pick on one class that haunts your dreams with its infinite BP gains

    If you think officers are weak and die first you are not using them right LOL, wow. Then you almost lost me when you said they aren’t popular LOL. You really don’t want to lose your crutch huh. Hmmmmokay have fun!

    u3pnqy53y7h2.jpeg




  • speaking of which, one of the reasons my favorite mode is Extraction is that it has the best balance because...NO HEROES (cue David Bowie)

    @ROMG4 supports the addition of OOM. But, since you hate heroes, I think we can all agree that one hero should be added to every mode: Cat in the Hat.

    qtogc4l8oji4.jpg
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.

    So if getting a hero is all that bothers you play that class and get one and be happy and leave us all alone.

    And no.. hero lords are no use because they are so infatuated with their hero they bubble wrap them, don't play the objective and just want to keep them alive all match..... or just want massive irrelevant kill streaks...
    Eg. Last night.... GA..Dark side loses 3 on the bounce with a palps with 60+ kill streaks.

    Its all hot air.... makes no difference.

    awful point. This is extremely opinionated saying heroes don’t play OBJ lol

    Not sure that's what I said.... not what I meant anyway...

    I Meant to say that, in my experience, those that rush for heroes tend not to play the objective.

  • But what does it matter? Who cares about battlepoints... They're irrelevant unless you're having a race for a hero... in which case your probably no use anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Lol, what?

    Heroes are one of the main draws in this game, and it’s unfair that one class is pretty well uncontested when it comes to getting a hero first.

    No use? How is having a Finn on the map in under one minute of no use? Or Ani? Or Palp? These heroes completely shift games, and having one that early (before reinforcements are all over the place) is a massive advantage.

    So if getting a hero is all that bothers you play that class and get one and be happy and leave us all alone.

    And no.. hero lords are no use because they are so infatuated with their hero they bubble wrap them, don't play the objective and just want to keep them alive all match..... or just want massive irrelevant kill streaks...
    Eg. Last night.... GA..Dark side loses 3 on the bounce with a palps with 60+ kill streaks.

    Its all hot air.... makes no difference.

    awful point. This is extremely opinionated saying heroes don’t play OBJ lol

    Not sure that's what I said.... not what I meant anyway...

    I Meant to say that, in my experience, those that rush for heroes tend not to play the objective.

    I can’t say that’s 100% because there are some that don’t, but it’s usually the heroes clearing the way for the obj 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • I was going to reply to some of these, but things got pretty wacky.

    Lowering the officer BP will bring them in line with the other classes and prevent them from having a monopoly on heroes. And it’s not like they don’t have other tools; Disabler and Diffuser are lowkey busted.
  • @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    @polarition also thought yodas presence gives you BP so don’t take what he says seriously LOL. He’s been proven wrong time and time again with his claims then he’ll pull the victim card LOL

    I actually did think that had a cap but if he said Yodas buff gives you BP thats hilarious.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

    Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

    OOM-9 For Battlefront 2


  • @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    @polarition also thought yodas presence gives you BP so don’t take what he says seriously LOL. He’s been proven wrong time and time again with his claims then he’ll pull the victim card LOL

    I actually did think that had a cap but if he said Yodas buff gives you BP thats hilarious.

    😂🤘🏻
  • This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.
  • This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Yes.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • I agree. It doesn't help your team at all.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.

    2nd paragraph is just wack, I don’t even want to get into it LOL. Could you say that when Anakin launched?

    Food for thought, I’m an assault main that doesn’t need help getting a hero. I’ve been using Officer the last 1-2 months and THATS how I know it’s a cheesy crutch lol. Maybe actually using it shows how unbalanced it is, weird concept. I’ve NEVER been beat out as an officer to a hero unless I’m playing with more than 1 other friend.

    You’re arguments are super weak my guy, the funny part is the officer BP don’t have to do with skill LOL
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.

    2nd paragraph is just wack, I don’t even want to get into it LOL. Could you say that when Anakin launched?

    Food for thought, I’m an assault main that doesn’t need help getting a hero. I’ve been using Officer the last 1-2 months and THATS how I know it’s a cheesy crutch lol. Maybe actually using it shows how unbalanced it is, weird concept. I’ve NEVER been beat out as an officer to a hero unless I’m playing with more than 1 other friend.

    You’re arguments are super weak my guy, the funny part is the officer BP don’t have to do with skill LOL

    BP literally has to do with skill. You've made multiple statements but backed it with no evidence.

    This just sounds like another example of someone who's overestimated this skill in the game. But, that's just my two cents.

    Also, officers aren't Anakin. Let's not compare apples to ham sandwiches here.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.

    How is this thread still going. Double the BP officers get at the beginning
  • polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.

    2nd paragraph is just wack, I don’t even want to get into it LOL. Could you say that when Anakin launched?

    Food for thought, I’m an assault main that doesn’t need help getting a hero. I’ve been using Officer the last 1-2 months and THATS how I know it’s a cheesy crutch lol. Maybe actually using it shows how unbalanced it is, weird concept. I’ve NEVER been beat out as an officer to a hero unless I’m playing with more than 1 other friend.

    You’re arguments are super weak my guy, the funny part is the officer BP don’t have to do with skill LOL

    BP literally has to do with skill. You've made multiple statements but backed it with no evidence.

    This just sounds like another example of someone who's overestimated this skill in the game. But, that's just my two cents.

    Also, officers aren't Anakin. Let's not compare apples to ham sandwiches here.

    Officer BP are not skill because you can press RB LB and hide behind your team and get 1000+ BP, that’s skillful LOL there’s ya evidence bud. There’s literally 2 videos from Sadder showing this LOL.

    How does me using the officer and getting uber BP quick have to do with me overestimating my skill? Wouldn’t getting more BP than I deserve mean I’m OVER estimating? LOL awful take. Swing and a miss.

    What happened to “pls stop” LOL. You should’ve stayed in hiding
  • TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    I’m not sure if OP going for a record of insightfuls
  • Officers.. Requires nothing to get points. Definitely need reduction on Bp gain. Officer presence out totally. That would be inspiring. They can get 500-700 points just by starting the match. Its just ridicilous. And on some maps you get that 4k BP to get your precious hero without even single elimination. Just buff and pling pling assists come. Yep that requires lot of skill.... But cause games main purpose is to get hero and huuuuge kstreak, they leave it as it is. And thats why we need large scale modes without heroes. Officer spam ends and objective play starts.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    I’m not sure if OP going for a record of insightfuls

    Your records are safe
  • polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.
  • polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.

    2nd paragraph is just wack, I don’t even want to get into it LOL. Could you say that when Anakin launched?

    Food for thought, I’m an assault main that doesn’t need help getting a hero. I’ve been using Officer the last 1-2 months and THATS how I know it’s a cheesy crutch lol. Maybe actually using it shows how unbalanced it is, weird concept. I’ve NEVER been beat out as an officer to a hero unless I’m playing with more than 1 other friend.

    You’re arguments are super weak my guy, the funny part is the officer BP don’t have to do with skill LOL

    BP literally has to do with skill. You've made multiple statements but backed it with no evidence.

    This just sounds like another example of someone who's overestimated this skill in the game. But, that's just my two cents.

    Also, officers aren't Anakin. Let's not compare apples to ham sandwiches here.

    Officer BP are not skill because you can press RB LB and hide behind your team and get 1000+ BP, that’s skillful LOL there’s ya evidence bud. There’s literally 2 videos from Sadder showing this LOL.

    How does me using the officer and getting uber BP quick have to do with me overestimating my skill? Wouldn’t getting more BP than I deserve mean I’m OVER estimating? LOL awful take. Swing and a miss.

    What happened to “pls stop” LOL. You should’ve stayed in hiding

    If you're spending your time using a health buff instead of actually fighting, you're not playing right.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    I’m not sure if OP going for a record of insightfuls

    I believe misuse of the insightful button got a whole bunch of people banned not too long ago.
  • polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.

    2nd paragraph is just wack, I don’t even want to get into it LOL. Could you say that when Anakin launched?

    Food for thought, I’m an assault main that doesn’t need help getting a hero. I’ve been using Officer the last 1-2 months and THATS how I know it’s a cheesy crutch lol. Maybe actually using it shows how unbalanced it is, weird concept. I’ve NEVER been beat out as an officer to a hero unless I’m playing with more than 1 other friend.

    You’re arguments are super weak my guy, the funny part is the officer BP don’t have to do with skill LOL

    BP literally has to do with skill. You've made multiple statements but backed it with no evidence.

    This just sounds like another example of someone who's overestimated this skill in the game. But, that's just my two cents.

    Also, officers aren't Anakin. Let's not compare apples to ham sandwiches here.

    Endless straw man arguments and false equivalences. The crying will end when they eliminate or time limit BP gain for officers... which will be never. And that makes me happy. Have fun on this thread, I'm out. Don't want to bump it anymore and it's the same garbage being repeated over and over. I haven't primarily used officer for quite a bit, but the crying encourages me to use the class even more. So thanks for that!
  • I mean you describe officers BP perfect here but can’t comprehend in this thread LOL

    auj7git92tqa.png

    every class has ways of quickly gaining BP, you are just mad because you don't like officer gameplay as it is too "low effort" in your eyes

    in reality officer is often a thankless class to play--very weak so first to die, mostly defensive abilities and poor offense, and primary abilities are to help the team (something this game needs more, not less of), and if you actually played this game rather than just post on the forums you'd see in every mode expert players preferring assault and heavy classes for higher action or the specialist for stealth play

    you would think from the way you and the OP complain about this that every lobby is filled with officers buffing each other to 4000 points, but officers are not very popular, which contradicts the point you think you're making here

    as I said in another post, if you're concerned with people getting heroes quickly, which is understandable because heroes are insanely unbalanced in trooper modes, the solution is to delay hero availability, not to pick on one class that haunts your dreams with its infinite BP gains

    All this coming from the guy that plays extraction haha What an authority on GA you must be. You know nothing Jon Sneeeww.

    Like I've said a billion times though. Their role in combat/support is not the issue here. I've said many times that they deserve the points they get for playing their role in the game. The only problem is that at the start they aren't playing their role!!

    Yes we could push for higher hero costs and bandaid the situation, or we could just push for the actual problem. Hero costs is a topic for other threads and contains way more subjects in and of itself and would just negatively conflate this topic.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

    He found because you denied you said it, as proven AGAIN LOL

    And where would the world today be if you didn't prove me wrong on the cap being 400 instead of 300? In pure and utter chaos.

    There is no cap 😂😂 you’re only saying that because someone else said it. It’s been proven you don’t know what the heck is going on half the time LOL 🤣

    There's a 400 cap.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

    Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

    This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

    Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

    By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

    Food for thought.

    2nd paragraph is just wack, I don’t even want to get into it LOL. Could you say that when Anakin launched?

    Food for thought, I’m an assault main that doesn’t need help getting a hero. I’ve been using Officer the last 1-2 months and THATS how I know it’s a cheesy crutch lol. Maybe actually using it shows how unbalanced it is, weird concept. I’ve NEVER been beat out as an officer to a hero unless I’m playing with more than 1 other friend.

    You’re arguments are super weak my guy, the funny part is the officer BP don’t have to do with skill LOL

    BP literally has to do with skill. You've made multiple statements but backed it with no evidence.

    This just sounds like another example of someone who's overestimated this skill in the game. But, that's just my two cents.

    Also, officers aren't Anakin. Let's not compare apples to ham sandwiches here.

    Endless straw man arguments and false equivalences. The crying will end when they eliminate or time limit BP gain for officers... which will be never. And that makes me happy. Have fun on this thread, I'm out. Don't want to bump it anymore and it's the same garbage being repeated over and over. I haven't primarily used officer for quite a bit, but the crying encourages me to use the class even more. So thanks for that!

    axtpl4yu6t0k.gif
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

    He found because you denied you said it, as proven AGAIN LOL

    And where would the world today be if you didn't prove me wrong on the cap being 400 instead of 300? In pure and utter chaos.

    There is no cap 😂😂 you’re only saying that because someone else said it. It’s been proven you don’t know what the heck is going on half the time LOL 🤣

    There's a 400 cap.

    I thought it was 300? For all of them or just one? LOL
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

    He found because you denied you said it, as proven AGAIN LOL

    And where would the world today be if you didn't prove me wrong on the cap being 400 instead of 300? In pure and utter chaos.

    There is no cap 😂😂 you’re only saying that because someone else said it. It’s been proven you don’t know what the heck is going on half the time LOL 🤣

    There's a 400 cap.

    I thought it was 300? For all of them or just one? LOL

    You don't seem to be following.
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

    Well, we both know 400 isn't actually real though is it? That other guy was joking with the 400 just FYI.

    Still, 400 and then respawn and 400 again is still 20% of the cost of a hero. That's a whole another bounty hunter card without combat even starting yet!

    How anyone could defend that is beyond me.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

    He found because you denied you said it, as proven AGAIN LOL

    And where would the world today be if you didn't prove me wrong on the cap being 400 instead of 300? In pure and utter chaos.

    There is no cap 😂😂 you’re only saying that because someone else said it. It’s been proven you don’t know what the heck is going on half the time LOL 🤣

    There's a 400 cap.

    I thought it was 300? For all of them or just one? LOL

    You don't seem to be following.

    Bruh pls follow ME. There. Isn’t. ANY. Cap. Not 300, not 400, not 546. No cap what’s so hard to comprehend LOL

    There's a cap.

    Yeah it's probably 1000. It's definitely not 400 like that other guy who was joking said.
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

    He found because you denied you said it, as proven AGAIN LOL

    And where would the world today be if you didn't prove me wrong on the cap being 400 instead of 300? In pure and utter chaos.

    There is no cap 😂😂 you’re only saying that because someone else said it. It’s been proven you don’t know what the heck is going on half the time LOL 🤣

    There's a 400 cap.

    I thought it was 300? For all of them or just one? LOL

    You don't seem to be following.

    Bruh pls follow ME. There. Isn’t. ANY. Cap. Not 300, not 400, not 546. No cap what’s so hard to comprehend LOL

    There's a cap.

    Just like yodas ability?
  • Officers.. Requires nothing to get points. Definitely need reduction on Bp gain. Officer presence out totally. That would be inspiring. They can get 500-700 points just by starting the match. Its just ridicilous. And on some maps you get that 4k BP to get your precious hero without even single elimination. Just buff and pling pling assists come. Yep that requires lot of skill.... But cause games main purpose is to get hero and huuuuge kstreak, they leave it as it is. And thats why we need large scale modes without heroes. Officer spam ends and objective play starts.

    Preach my friend!

    Removing officer presence would be inspiring hahaha
  • polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

    It caps at 400

    Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

    Your words...

    "There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

    Geez that took ages to find haha.

    I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

    Well, we both know 400 isn't actually real though is it? That other guy was joking with the 400 just FYI.

    Still, 400 and then respawn and 400 again is still 20% of the cost of a hero. That's a whole another bounty hunter card without combat even starting yet!

    How anyone could defend that is beyond me.

    You do realize you have to be near the entire team in GA to get 400, right? By the time you respawn or anything they're gonna all be fanned out. So, no. It's not a collective 800 based on respawning. It'd be more like 500 and then you also likely sacrificed the objective to do it.

    Well let's meet in the middle and say 650. On most maps the team stays together in time for a respawn and you are still with your team after the respawn so I don't know why you think you're sacrificing the objective at all.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!