criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Remove points from officer health buff for first 30 seconds at the start of a game.

Replies

• polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    @OoiiHooked_22 Recharge doesn't even have a cap btw. I just tested it and got 391 points for a single buff.

It caps at 400

Yeah, I'm not sure why he keeps saying I'm lying about the cap. I never specified an amount, yet, I think. Just said it caps.

Your words...

"There's 2 different buffs. There's a health buff and a buff that recharges all used abilities of the people in its field (which is what I use). The recharge buff maxes out at 300. I know this for fact because I use it constantly to maximize my kills with tons of flash grenades and stuff. I assume he's been referring to the health buff this whole time but since every time I responded to him in the other discussion I'd just get attacked with insults so I explained nothing to him and just let him look ridiculous. I haven't tested the health buff BP max but I'm pretty sure in one of the updates before they were supposed to max that at 300, too. I don't know if it ever happened."

Geez that took ages to find haha.

I'm so glad you spent a hefty amount of time to find that quote that's only 100 BP off. Thank god! Where would we be today without that clarification. 100 BP is a lot. That's like... 2.5% of what it costs to get a hero!!! A+, my friend.

Well, we both know 400 isn't actually real though is it? That other guy was joking with the 400 just FYI.

Still, 400 and then respawn and 400 again is still 20% of the cost of a hero. That's a whole another bounty hunter card without combat even starting yet!

How anyone could defend that is beyond me.

You do realize you have to be near the entire team in GA to get 400, right? By the time you respawn or anything they're gonna all be fanned out. So, no. It's not a collective 800 based on respawning. It'd be more like 500 and then you also likely sacrificed the objective to do it.

Well let's meet in the middle and say 650. On most maps the team stays together in time for a respawn and you are still with your team after the respawn so I don't know why you think you're sacrificing the objective at all.

All people do is press B and hold down on Stick and pop it 😂
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    This thread still going?

Just increase the hero cost to 6K in-era, and 8K out-of-era like it used to be. Any small point gain at the start will then be rather insignificant.

This is a thread I'm hoping to see die too, but seems to keep coming back to life.

Everyone has the same access to Officers. They are designed this way for a reason. If you don't like the class, don't use them. But at the same time, keep the whining to a minimum when you get clapped by an officer or they beat you to the hero.

By the way, I've seen some god-tier plays from officer players. I think more often than not people just aren't as good at the game as they think they are, so when they see people thriving on a certain class or hero they want to discredit it, rather than learning to get better themselves.

Food for thought.

2nd paragraph is just wack, I don’t even want to get into it LOL. Could you say that when Anakin launched?

Food for thought, I’m an assault main that doesn’t need help getting a hero. I’ve been using Officer the last 1-2 months and THATS how I know it’s a cheesy crutch lol. Maybe actually using it shows how unbalanced it is, weird concept. I’ve NEVER been beat out as an officer to a hero unless I’m playing with more than 1 other friend.

You’re arguments are super weak my guy, the funny part is the officer BP don’t have to do with skill LOL

BP literally has to do with skill. You've made multiple statements but backed it with no evidence.

This just sounds like another example of someone who's overestimated this skill in the game. But, that's just my two cents.

Also, officers aren't Anakin. Let's not compare apples to ham sandwiches here.

Endless straw man arguments and false equivalences. The crying will end when they eliminate or time limit BP gain for officers... which will be never. And that makes me happy. Have fun on this thread, I'm out. Don't want to bump it anymore and it's the same garbage being repeated over and over. I haven't primarily used officer for quite a bit, but the crying encourages me to use the class even more. So thanks for that!

Well more and more people are finally showing up in support of limiting these opening points. So there's a chance the Devs will see and make a change.
  • Which maps are the ones you're talking about? Where everyone spawns together?
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
    Which maps are the ones you're talking about? Where everyone spawns together?

Kamino, death star, jakku rebels, starkiller for both, geonosis clones, takodana first order, Tatooine empire you can get the second one right after they pass the first wall bit. Also Endor for empire you can usually get a lot as most run past the walker.

These are just more things people can go and test to find out themselves though. I don't think you will ever be on board with a nerf to the officer's no matter what anyone says in here and you've even shown us that you will blatantly lie to try and get others to side with you or prove your points.

The bottom line is, even if there was a 400 cap (which there isn't), that's still more than enough points to cause the issue that my OP was about.

Kamino, death star, jakku rebels, starkiller for both, geonosis clones, takodana first order, Tatooine empire you can get the second one right after they pass the first wall bit. Also Endor for empire you can usually get a lot as most run past the walker.

Cool! Here you go!

Pressed it right when the player count hit 14 players. You know, cause there's no matches ever where everyone runs altogether in the same exact spot and if they do it's a very rare instance.

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Cool! Here you go!

Pressed it right when the player count hit 14 players. You know, cause there's no matches ever where everyone runs altogether in the same exact spot and if they do it's a very rare instance.

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

I didn't even hit 14 with my 391 point buff, so I don't know what that's about. Either way, it doesn't prove there is a cap of 400. Yet even if there is, your second buff was ready within like 5 seconds or something and there was 11 players in range. So even without a respawn you were able to get at the very least 600 points before the game even started.

600 for doing nothing and also making it so the other officers get to use their buffs again is a problem!

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

I didn't even hit 14 with my 391 point buff, so I don't know what that's about. Either way, it doesn't prove there is a cap of 400. Yet even if there is, your second buff was ready within like 5 seconds or something and there was 11 players in range. So even without a respawn you were able to get at the very least 600 points before the game even started.

600 for doing nothing and also making it so the other officers get to use their buffs again is a problem!

Alright, well, goodbye. I just gave you proof so, have fun with whatever it is you think you're still complaining about. And, also, no. Everyone fans out inside the corridors so there was about half that size by the time my recharge came back. Got an additional like 125ish. The serious BP gain didn't begin til I found out all the enemies were hiding by one door and I threw 2 flash grenades in there.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

Alright, well, goodbye. I just gave you proof so, have fun with whatever it is you think you're still complaining about. And, also, no. Everyone fans out inside the corridors so there was about half that size by the time my recharge came back. Got an additional like 125ish. The serious BP gain didn't begin til I found out all the enemies were hiding by one door and I threw 2 flash grenades in there.

How is that proof?? It was less than my recharge of 391 so I already knew the 375 you got was possible. It did not show a cap of 400.

Like I've said though, it's mostly irrelevant considering 400 for one buff is still quite high and also the health buff (which most use) seems to get way more points than the recharge does. Just yesterday I saw multiple people get over 500 points for one buff, and people respawning and doing it again. It's ridiculous.

Sure the recharge is apart of this discussion but the health buff is the main culprit here.

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

How is that proof?? It was less than my recharge of 391 so I already knew the 375 you got was possible. It did not show a cap of 400.

Like I've said though, it's mostly irrelevant considering 400 for one buff is still quite high and also the health buff (which most use) seems to get way more points than the recharge does. Just yesterday I saw multiple people get over 500 points for one buff, and people respawning and doing it again. It's ridiculous.

Sure the recharge is apart of this discussion but the health buff is the main culprit here.

Except they don't. Because I look at the scoreboard often and I'm usually in the lead at the beginning even though I keep recharging the health buffs other officers are using at the start of the match. Their constant spam of the health buff doesn't surpass the 400 cap on the recharge buff.

And, yes. It proves it completely. I only got 14/20 of the players in the match on my team and it only gave me 375. It would've capped at 400 with the extra 6 since that is significantly less than 14. It's video proof. Visual evidence.

And, I showed the recharge cap because that other guy kept and somewhat you kept trying to reference the old discussion where I was specifically talking about the recharge buff. Your attempts to prove me wrong have failed. Probably didn't expect me to go and record a match I was playing just now, huh?

Though, I would actually like to see what it is you're referring to, so if you could please upload some evidence of the health buff you think seems to nearly reach 1000 BP from a single health buff then I will very much agree with you that they should lower the BP reward at the start of the match.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

Bruh. Recharge gives you the LEAST amount of points. Now picture this, since you got 375, imagine hitting 18-20 people WITH bounty hunter AND officers presence on which you didn’t have, that’s FORSURE more than 400, the supposed cap LOL. You just proved us right.

Go try that out LOL. Please you can’t be THAT ignorant you have to be trolling at this point. It’s funny you also tried to down play it by saying NEVER get more than 14...

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

Bruh. Recharge gives you the LEAST amount of points. Now picture this, since you got 375, imagine hitting 18-20 people WITH bounty hunter AND officers presence on which you didn’t have, that’s FORSURE more than 400, the supposed cap LOL. You just proved us right.

Go try that out LOL. Please you can’t be THAT ignorant you have to be trolling at this point. It’s funny you also tried to down play it by saying NEVER get more than 14...

Forsure isn't a word.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

Except they don't. Because I look at the scoreboard often and I'm usually in the lead at the beginning even though I keep recharging the health buffs other officers are using at the start of the match. Their constant spam of the health buff doesn't surpass the 400 cap on the recharge buff.

And, yes. It proves it completely. I only got 14/20 of the players in the match on my team and it only gave me 375. It would've capped at 400 with the extra 6 since that is significantly less than 14. It's video proof. Visual evidence.

And, I showed the recharge cap because that other guy kept and somewhat you kept trying to reference the old discussion where I was specifically talking about the recharge buff. Your attempts to prove me wrong have failed. Probably didn't expect me to go and record a match I was playing just now, huh?

Though, I would actually like to see what it is you're referring to, so if you could please upload some evidence of the health buff you think seems to nearly reach 1000 BP from a single health buff then I will very much agree with you that they should lower the BP reward at the start of the match.

You do realize the scoreboard points don’t equal the BP right? LOL bruuuuuuuuuuh

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

Dude wasn’t using Bounty hunter and only got 14 . I’m telling you stop wasting your time 😂😂😂
  • Guys, I already posted a video of me getting like 480 BP off one command.

You’re all melons.

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

You do realize the scoreboard points don’t equal the BP right? LOL bruuuuuuuuuuh

So, when I read your ridiculous comment I just entered ANOTHER GA match, immediately pressed the recharge buff and, guess what?

The 50 BP I earned for it gave me 50 on the scoreboard. Wooooow!

j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

So, when I read your ridiculous comment I just entered ANOTHER GA match, immediately pressed the recharge buff and, guess what?

The 50 BP I earned for it gave me 50 on the scoreboard. Wooooow!

For the love of everything holy in my room, PLEASE someone tell him what he needs to know about BP and scoreboard points....

Cool! Here you go!

You're welcome.

Didn't even hit 400 BP.

Attempts to prove you wrong failed? Your original claim was a 300 cap, and it's been proven wrong.

Btw it's 5 other players, not 6, because you're one of them.

So on a 375 point buff of 14 players, you're getting 26.785 for each. So for 19 you should get about 509 BP. So I still don't see how that is proof of a 400 cap.

I never said anything about single buffs reaching 1000. I said as a joke there is a 1000 cap, but other than that I've only ever said health buffs are around 500+. How could you not agree with that being out of balance anyway at the start of the game? 500-600 (roughly) for one, and maybe 700-900 for two. You honestly don't think that's bad?
  • Guys, I already posted a video of me getting like 480 BP off one command.

You’re all melons.

Yeah he's talking about the recharge command though. Even though the health buff is the main issue.
  • @polarition Is sadderjoker's video not proof enough that the health buff has no cap though? That was 1.6k points before combat started. Seriously, surely you have to side with us on the health buff problem at this point, even if you don't agree on the recharge buff.
  • @polarition Is sadderjoker's video not proof enough that the health buff has no cap though? That was 1.6k points before combat started. Seriously, surely you have to side with us on the health buff problem at this point, even if you don't agree on the recharge buff.

I already did side with you on the health buff issue? That's ridiculous. I said that in my earlier response. Recharge buff has a cap, is what I was saying. And preventing officers from gaining BP for 30 seconds at the beginning of matches is not the direction to go.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Dude, I'm talking about the recharge buff.

Did you happen to see his scoreboard too? Different numbers LOL

Does it upset you to see video evidence that contradicts what you're saying? Cause I can tell it does since you're responding to everything I'm saying with no evidence but emotionally charged nagging. Go watch the videos or stop responding to my stuff unless you can use your big boy brain.

WTF 😂😂😂😂 I’m trying to show YOU with video evidence 😂😂 you’re wild. Use your small boy brain and all you gotta do is look at the screen and numbers....is that a hard task?

Does bring proven wrong 4 times upset you that facts aren’t okay anymore?

Right, well when you calm down and behave yourself then I'll start responding to you again.

Why does Sadder Jokers video show the BP and the scoreboard points different? You made a bogus claim they are the same, care to defend that?

He’s gonna say there’s a cap for recharge watch
  • ✅ el o el
    @polarition Is sadderjoker's video not proof enough that the health buff has no cap though? That was 1.6k points before combat started. Seriously, surely you have to side with us on the health buff problem at this point, even if you don't agree on the recharge buff.

I already did side with you on the health buff issue? That's ridiculous. I said that in my earlier response. Recharge buff has a cap, is what I was saying. And preventing officers from gaining BP for 30 seconds at the beginning of matches is not the direction to go.

What?? Where did you say you agreed on the health buff being OP? So all this discussion was basically for nothing but the recharge issue? Haha

I thought I was trying to convince someone who didn't agree with my OP completely haha.
    @polarition Is sadderjoker's video not proof enough that the health buff has no cap though? That was 1.6k points before combat started. Seriously, surely you have to side with us on the health buff problem at this point, even if you don't agree on the recharge buff.

What?? Where did you say you agreed on the health buff being OP? So all this discussion was basically for nothing but the recharge issue? Haha

I thought I was trying to convince someone who didn't agree with my OP completely haha.

"Though, I would actually like to see what it is you're referring to, so if you could please upload some evidence of the health buff you think seems to nearly reach 1000 BP from a single health buff then I will very much agree with you that they should lower the BP reward at the start of the match."

And no, I've said numerous times I was talking about the recharge buff not the health one lol
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

"Though, I would actually like to see what it is you're referring to, so if you could please upload some evidence of the health buff you think seems to nearly reach 1000 BP from a single health buff then I will very much agree with you that they should lower the BP reward at the start of the match."

And no, I've said numerous times I was talking about the recharge buff not the health one lol

Well yeah I saw that post, but they don't reach 1000 on a single buff. That guys video did show 1.6k before combat started though, so it's still high. Whatever it's cap is would just be the maximum points per person multipled by 19 players.

I mean they both obviously have caps in the same sense as how an assault grenade has a cap on killing 19 people at once (which never happens). Like yes all abilities have caps to a certain degree if you can call them that. It's sort of like saying a car has a cap on its speed at 250km/h, when in actual fact it just can't go any faster than that. Like you wouldn't call that a speed cap, it'd just be it's "top speed". A cap would imply that the police or someone else has installed a device that intentionally limits the vehicle at a certain speed before it even has the ability to reach its top speed.

The main point here though is that even if the maximum BP that recharge can gain is 400, that's still too high and it should be removed along with the health buff points at the start.

I don't see any practical purpose for either other than to give one class points for doing nothing.
  • Imagine keeping up a charade like this for pages because you don't want to admit you're wrong.

Yikes.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Imagine keeping up a charade like this for pages because you don't want to admit you're wrong.

Yikes.

Dude, give me a break. So many people have started to agree now. It's not just the officers that are jumping in anymore to prevent a nerf.
    Imagine keeping up a charade like this for pages because you don't want to admit you're wrong.

Yikes.

Dude, give me a break. So many people have started to agree now. It's not just the officers that are jumping in anymore to prevent a nerf.

I don’t think he’s talking about you lol

Yikes.

Oh haha

Well yeah I saw that post, but they don't reach 1000 on a single buff. That guys video did show 1.6k before combat started though, so it's still high. Whatever it's cap is would just be the maximum points per person multipled by 19 players.

I mean they both obviously have caps in the same sense as how an assault grenade has a cap on killing 19 people at once (which never happens). Like yes all abilities have caps to a certain degree if you can call them that. It's sort of like saying a car has a cap on its speed at 250km/h, when in actual fact it just can't go any faster than that. Like you wouldn't call that a speed cap, it'd just be it's "top speed". A cap would imply that the police or someone else has installed a device that intentionally limits the vehicle at a certain speed before it even has the ability to reach its top speed.

The main point here though is that even if the maximum BP that recharge can gain is 400, that's still too high and it should be removed along with the health buff points at the start.

I don't see any practical purpose for either other than to give one class points for doing nothing.

I didn't say 1000, I said nearly 1000. You were saying that it goes to around 650 or more.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

I'm coming in late and despite going back 2 pages I couldn't find the video you're referring to (other than polaritions videos)
    Just curious what the date of the video was? Like, was it before or after they capped the officers bp?

Yikes.

I wasn't. Anytime I log on here polarition will be arguing with someone for the sake of it. It's funny sometimes.. other times it just drags on too much.
  • StarLillie wrote: »

I'm coming in late and despite going back 2 pages I couldn't find the video you're referring to (other than polaritions videos)
    Just curious what the date of the video was? Like, was it before or after they capped the officers bp?

It's Sadder's reddit link. It's on this page.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Is that a joke? I'm not trolling haha it's just that we've had about 2 pages worth of discussion saying the health buff isn't capped.

I'll link the video...
    Meerkat wrote: »

Yikes.

I wasn't. Anytime I log on here polarition will be arguing with someone for the sake of it. It's funny sometimes.. other times it just drags on too much.

Drains my brain cells sometimes 😂

• @StarLillie first comment is 5 months old, so it has been after any changes were made to the officer.
    Meerkat wrote: »

Yikes.

It was funny at first, but then I started getting annoyed and scrapped my memes cause it was getting ridiculous.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg

Is that a joke? I'm not trolling haha it's just that we've had about 2 pages worth of discussion saying the health buff isn't capped.

I'll link the video...

It's about 6 months old. I found it, thanks though.
    I'm not back to argue, and if you recall stated early on a cap at start doesn't make any difference to me, nor will it give you peace.
    I was just curious how old the video was and now I know.
    Don't mind me...
    StarLillie wrote: »

I'll link the video...

I'm not back to argue, and if you recall stated early on a cap at start doesn't make any difference to me, nor will it give you peace.
    Don't mind me...

Ok, I just genuinely didn't know if that was a joke about the cap thing.
  • Thread has finally turned around haha.

First half of the thread was mainly people bashing me for calling on a nerf of this, and now a whole bunch are in agreement that these BP for nothing should go.
  • Love how a small issue gets 6 freaking pages. Its not even that bad of a issue. Maybe in the most extreme cases yeah but overall no lmao.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

StarLillie wrote: »

I'll link the video...

Don't mind me...

Ok, I just genuinely didn't know if that was a joke about the cap thing.

A while back I had a whole tirade response typed out, and decided to let it go. Deleted it all and went about my day. Focus on what you initially are fighting for, no bp gain at the start. Just take my lead by example and leave the other stuff for another days battle.
  • Love how a small issue gets 6 freaking pages. Its not even that bad of a issue. Maybe in the most extreme cases yeah but overall no lmao.

Usually if it's as controversial enough to get 6 pages in a few days then there's something wrong with what's on topic.

For the first half of the thread it was about half the comments me just defending my opinion, but now the latter half of the thread is many others taking my side.

It's more of a representation of the broader community's feelings on the topic now I think. Of course majority of officers are probably still going to fight against it though. Yet a few have changed their minds actually. Or at least revealed their true beliefs haha.

Usually if it's as controversial enough to get 6 pages in a few days then there's something wrong with what's on topic.

For the first half of the thread it was about half the comments me just defending my opinion, but now the latter half of the thread is many others taking my side.

It's more of a representation of the broader community's feelings on the topic now I think. Of course majority of officers are probably still going to fight against it though. Yet a few have changed their minds actually. Or at least revealed their true beliefs haha.

3 people took your side like 20 are against it. This fourm will never show the broader communities feelings on any topic. The only poeple posting on this thread are the ones who feel strongly about it.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• TjPunx
    1656 posts Member
    Devs, hoe are you still letting this thread continue? OP is just someone posting the ramblings of a crazy person

3 people took your side like 20 are against it. This fourm will never show the broader communities feelings on any topic. The only poeple posting on this thread are the ones who feel strongly about it.

3? Haha get real. I counted 4 on this page alone. More than the number on this page who disagree.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Devs, hoe are you still letting this thread continue? OP is just someone posting the ramblings of a crazy person

Give it a rest dude. You've been desperately trying to close this thread for ages now. The mods have been in and had a look and haven't closed. You know why? Because people are actually starting to agree with me! There was like 80% of people against me at the beginning, now it's way more even, if not even in favour of my suggestion in the OP.

The Devs just asked for pointless arguing to stop is all, which is what you're instigating here by adding nothing but a personal attack on me.

You can keep trying to attack me like that if you want, you'll most likely be moderated for it I imagine considering there has already been a warning against it.

I'm not going to reply to that kind of stuff from you anymore unless you actually want to talk about the topic of the thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!