criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

AI chasing your back

hosco33
395 posts Member
edited January 12
There is a nasty behavior in which AI is super fast and is able to always be on your back, it runs faster than what you can turn around and keeps shooting while doing so.
Post edited by hosco33 on

Replies

• There are many "weird" behaviors from AI that should be removed or changed.
    The one you mentioned I honestly think it is not the most important one :D

I am talking about the AI shooting during a pull-push ability (from Darth Maur or Anakin, for instance), hitting you perfectly even though they are rolling in the air.
    I am talking about the damn Shock Grenades: it looks like they can only use this ability, no other grenades are that often used as this kind of.
    I am also talking about the waves: I think it would be funnier to distribute the AI players as they die, not only in waves. It is a way more realistic.
  • There are many "weird" behaviors from AI that should be removed or changed.
    The one you mentioned I honestly think it is not the most important one :D

I am talking about the AI shooting during a pull-push ability (from Darth Maur or Anakin, for instance), hitting you perfectly even though they are rolling in the air.
    I am talking about the damn Shock Grenades: it looks like they can only use this ability, no other grenades are that often used as this kind of.
    I am also talking about the waves: I think it would be funnier to distribute the AI players as they die, not only in waves. It is a way more realistic.

It's bad enough the AI have perfect aim and reaction time. The purpose was to provide AI that felt like you were playing online...

I have to agree with the back hunting behavior being a priority. It's stupidly aggressive and perfect.
    There are many "weird" behaviors from AI that should be removed or changed... AI shooting during a pull-push ability...

Absolutely, lets fix the blaster fire/emperor lightning while being pushed/pulled as well.

To add to AI concerns, their perfect awareness needs to go. Now. They bragged about AI using human like porcessing (cone of vision, simulated controller use) but they can detect you instantly when you come in range. Even with abilities or cards that are supposed to conceal you.

i.e. AI shooting through the bamboo on Kashyyk. You can't even see the AI, just their blaster fire coming through and hitting you.
  • hosco33
    395 posts Member
    edited January 14
    I understand the other things you've stated.

Definitely shooting while knocked down or under the effect of an ability is an issue but happily will be addressed by DICE in the coming weeks/months so don't worry about that.

My report in this post is something I also consider to be taken into account because it's something we cannot do, at least not at that speed. I'll share a video or two when getting home. At the beginning it was hilarious seeing it happening but now AI has become a toxic abuser :D

Regarding being too aggressive and unrealistically aware where you are, it also ***** me off but that's something experienced players could do. Sometimes a red icon will disclose your location even though the humanoid figure is not visible. And if they are able to add split screen it would be amazing facing DICE's terminators one single player cannot beat, so I'm not sure we'd like AI to be easier, besides at a certain distance it's aiming accuracy decreases considerably and becomes an easy target.

EDIT [few mins later]: In a second thought, perhaps it's ok AI doing that and we shouldn't allow AI to get that closer in a first instance.