criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Customisable "Jedi Master" Hero with different iconic Jedi skins

aaronfiller200
1 posts Member
edited January 12
Hello!

I understand that there are already a great number of heroes in the game, and that each new character takes a lot of time and effort to create and animate. But I think it would be INCREDIBLE if you could find a way to add in more of the many amazing Clone Wars era Jedi, such as Kit Fisto, Ki Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Luminara Unduli etc - the list is endless.

It would be great if you could create a generic ''Jedi Master', with relatively average abilities, stamina, health etc.(similar to Luke; such as a force push, a dash attack and maybe an enemy reveal or saber throw), but with different unlockable skins of all of our favourite jedi (some epic and some legendary so they're more accessible).

This way, we'll all get to play as a wide range of characters, but it only counts as one hero and you only need to do one set of animations etc.

I imagine it would work similar to Leia's Boushh skin or Lando's Solo movie skins, where the voice lines and appearance are changed but everything else stays the same. You could even use star cards to give us a choice of abilities so we can customise our Jedi Master (e.g in the same way the infantry can change abilities through star cards).

I think it would also be great to see Mace Windu, Qui Gon Jinn and Ahsoka Tano in this list of skins, but as they are more unique and distinguished, I didnt know if you already had plans for them? I heard a rumour about new Ahsoka and
Asajj Ventress heroes, which would be literally incredible, but I don't know if you're going to do these two now if we have BB8/9 instead :/. Either way, it would be great to see all these characters added to the game also.

Similarly, you could do the same thing for the dark side, and include a generic Sith (probably with a double sided lightsaber) with Inquisitor skins and then maybe Asajj Ventress,
Savage Opress etc to balance things out.

I understand that this might upset some people who feel that some of these heroes deserve their own separate hero characters, but I also understand that realistically that's too many heroes and too much effort for what it's worth, so I think this is a great compromise to allow us to play as our favourite jedi (and maybe sith).

Thanks for reading this, I hope it gets seen and possibly considered if enough people support the idea.

Either way, thank you for all the effort and updates you've put into the game, I've been playing regularly for 2 years now and I can honestly say the game now is my favourite ever, so please keep up the good work and thank you.
Post edited by aaronfiller200 on

Replies

• That would actually be a great idea. I feel it can be a kind of mixture between reinforcements and heroes, in a way that they have to be more powerful than regular reinforcements of course, have more life, move like the regular jedi heroes, etc, but not the same power and life than regular jedi but not by much.

I think that having 2 of those at the same time, taking the place of 1 hero, having maybe 4 regular jedi at the same time as the maximum level could be pretty balanced.

We can't have characters like Mace Windu or Qui Gon here, IMO, since they're more important than other jedi. Having instead characters like Ayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon or Ki Adi Mundi sound perfect for this idea.

The only problem I see is that you'll need 4 "semi-minor" characters that fit the same profile, and the same era, for the Dark Side. Those 4 would be perfect for PT era, and I can't really think about 4 guys that fight with a similar style between them that can fit this profile (maybe a kind of "Bounty Hunter" reinforcement, with Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Hondo Ohnaka and a fourth one?). For OT era, 4 of the Inquisitors sound perfect for this, but again, which ones for the Light Side? Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus and 2 more? And I'm not going to mention the ST, we would definitely lack characters here. I can only think about Poe Dameron, Zorii Bliss and, if so, General Hux, but nothing much.

In overall, I really like your idea, but I think it needs further developement for it to be seriously considerable. It also needs Dice's attention, but sadly that's not in my hand lol.
  • I'd rather see Leia switched entirely to her Padawin Jedi.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • A customisable Jedi must be a thing.
    Ny shootogawa!
  • Why not both? Lets get a customizable Saber Hero and Blaster Hero. We should be able to select their faction as well (LS or DS).
  • Why not both? Lets get a customizable Saber Hero and Blaster Hero. We should be able to select their faction as well (LS or DS).

The problem is that we would much probably lack enough characters for each faction and era, unless we're happy to have dispair numbers (4 SH/2BH for Republic vs 1 SH/5BH for CIS; 2SH/3BH for Rebellion vs 5SH/3BH for Empire, etc).
  • Adricmb wrote: »
    The only problem I see is that you'll need 4 "semi-minor" characters that fit the same profile, and the same era, for the Dark Side. Those 4 would be perfect for PT era, and I can't really think about 4 guys that fight with a similar style between them that can fit this profile (maybe a kind of "Bounty Hunter" reinforcement, with Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Hondo Ohnaka and a fourth one?). For OT era, 4 of the Inquisitors sound perfect for this, but again, which ones for the Light Side? Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus and 2 more? And I'm not going to mention the ST, we would definitely lack characters here. I can only think about Poe Dameron, Zorii Bliss and, if so, General Hux, but nothing much.

Firstly, thank you so much for your comments and contributions, I rarely go on feedback forums and stuff so it's great to see people being actually supportive online 😂!

I love a great deal of what you said here, I would love to see so many new characters added to the game. But the only thing I'm worried about is if the different Era thing would make it too complicated? As you said, they might struggle to find enough characters to fit all the eras, and a lot of these would deserve their own unique hero characters. That's why I chose a few similar Jedi so they don't need to change anything except the appearance and voice lines - when you start to bring in new blaster heroes and abilities (e.g. Cad Banes jet boots vs Sing's sniper) it kinda develops into a whole load more unique heroes instead of minor appearance changes, and so a load more animations, weapons, abilities etc.

This of course would be amazing to have in the game, but then realistically DICE wouldn't be able to add too many more heroes to the game as it's a lot of work for them and theres already a fair few. But I definatly get where your coming from and I appreciate the feedback! And yes I agree, Windu and Qui Gon (and Ahsoka) deserve their own heroes - it's just again that realistically this is too many saber heroes to add and they might start to get a bit samey/generic, so idk if DICE would want to add another 3 light side Jedi? Not to mention their dark side counterparts idk.

Would love to see lots of characters added to the game though, we'll see where this goes and if anything happens soon. Thanks!
  • I just made a post about light saber heroes if anyone is curious I’ll attach the link
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152725/hero-ability-attacks-should-block-180-degrees/p1?new=1