criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Kylo Attack Speed

I’ve been playing Kylo awfully a lot lately and have realized that he has some factors that I believe make him too weak. Kylo could use a slight (and I mean slight…nothing too OP) increase to his attack animation. His saber only does 125 damage and he also appears to have a lot of hit registration issues in my opinion. I personally believe Kylo is in a weak state and could use the slightest buff to improve his gameplay.

Replies

• It's not him the issue, the issue is heroes like Luke with braindead swing speed.
    Rather than buff his swing speed nerf the likes of Luke.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    Kylo is absolutely fine

He has two of the best abilities in the game, Pull and Freeze. And his Frenzy is a fantastic throwaway easy damage pressure tool

Kylo needs no buffs
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    how much stronger do we need crylo to be?

He never needed the last round of buffs
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    how much stronger do we need crylo to be?

He never needed the last round of buffs

He's already far stronger then he ever was in the movies
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• IF every hero/villain had his swing speed the game would be much better.
  • MC_XIX
    2250 posts Member
    I agree that he needs a very tiny swing speed increase. His animations are slow, which means his attacks are easily dodged.

Yoda and Kylo both need a swing speed increase. Currently, Kylo has a minimum of 1.8 attacks per second, and a maximum of 2. This should simply be increased to 2 attacks per second for every strike. It would be much more functional, and not OP because 2 attacks per second is still below average. All of the LS sabers except Yoda have 2.2 attacks per second IIRC.
  • He has Frenzy with short CD. His swings are fine. Other sabers need swing speed toning down.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• MC_XIX wrote: »
    I agree that he needs a very tiny swing speed increase. His animations are slow, which means his attacks are easily dodged.

Yoda and Kylo both need a swing speed increase. Currently, Kylo has a minimum of 1.8 attacks per second, and a maximum of 2. This should simply be increased to 2 attacks per second for every strike. It would be much more functional, and not OP because 2 attacks per second is still below average. All of the LS sabers except Yoda have 2.2 attacks per second IIRC.

Yeah, I really don't see why others above view him as "overpowered". The slightest adjustment of his attack speed would improve his gameplay for the better. His abilities are relatively balanced but you can't just rely on abilities to judge a character.
  • His swing speed is fine. Add in jump slashes to increase his swing speed, if you need.
  • freshseth83
    839 posts Member
    edited January 15
    He's on the verge of being weak imo. Relies on his abilities about as much as Anakin except he doesn't have the health equivalence. They didn't really buff Kylo. His frenzy usually kills regardless of how much damage they give it. But now he has to stand still to use it. We've gotten used to it but it's silly to think they did this. His pull needs a card to do any type of damage, and it's ONLY 50. Anakin does 100 WITHOUT cards. Freeze was nerfed a long time ago. His damage is average and his swing speed is below that. He's got a good moveset but he's not special imo. I think it shows that the dark side isn't as strong as people make them out to be. In HvV it is a different story but that's because the combination of everyone's abilities.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    Must go faster!
    giphy.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• I realize now my comment probably didn’t make much sense.

After a jump slash, a saber can instantly slash again when they land. Doing the jump slash into regular slash is faster than just slashing twice (with most heroes). It also keeps you more mobile. There are some other benefits, but I don’t want to type forever.

Here’s a clip where I demonstrate this a few times;

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/ei4yci/just_some_mildly_okay_kylo_gameplay_i_hope_you/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • He has good abilites hes fine. Although slow swing speed is the main reason my Kylo sits at 41
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Psy3d
    986 posts Member
    I never found Kylo to be "too weak" but I found his power of darkness card nerf absolutely unnecessary. I was able to punish a mindless Luke easier than at his current state and go toe to toe Ani spammer.

Still miss his 9 strike frenzy...even though it mostly hit air...it looked cooler. IMHO either bring back 9 strikes so he can really clear in GA or give the OG PoD card damage back...so even his frenzy is a dud...he can do some damage!
  • I think you're playing him wrong. Kylo is not a tank hero, you can't play him like you'd play Luke or Vader. Use his abilities at the right time, strike when needed and don't spam with him, it's not necessary to do so.
    It's very satisfying to freeze and allow blasters or Palpatine to attack during freeze, go in for kill shot if it's necessary. Feel him out and play him like he's meant to be played, rather than how you want.
    Took me a while to figure him out.
    Agreed jump attack is awesome if you learn to land it.
  • Kylo is a top 3 villain in this game. If you know where to use him and *how* to use him, speed is not an issue. Slashing in the air makes you travel further, and he’s still faster than 70% of the blaster heroes.

• He's probably most balanced hero in the game. Leave him alone.
  • He can't use a lightsaber 😂
  • MC_XIX
    2250 posts Member
    I'd also suggest an ability cool down reduction. Why do Freeze and Pull have cool downs of over 20 seconds each, yet Frenzy has a 10 second cool down?

Decrease the cool down of Pull and Freeze to 16 seconds each, but increase the cool down of Frenzy to 14 seconds.
  • His lightsaber looks like a child made it.
  • If I knew how to post video clips from my Xbox I would lol. I have some pretty fun Kylo moments.
  • @StarLillie I usually save clips to my phone from the Xbox app. There's an option next to the clip. Not sure if it works here though.
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    @StarLillie I usually save clips to my phone from the Xbox app. There's an option next to the clip. Not sure if it works here though.

I have one saved and tried to post it a while back in response to a pulling off ledges comment, but it wouldn't post 😓
  • Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 15
    StarLillie wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    @StarLillie I usually save clips to my phone from the Xbox app. There's an option next to the clip. Not sure if it works here though.

I have one saved and tried to post it a while back in response to a pulling off ledges comment, but it wouldn't post 😓

Yeah I got the file format not allowed message. That sucks
  • Never found it to be a problem.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    If I knew how to post video clips from my Xbox I would lol. I have some pretty fun Kylo moments.

Go on the app upload the clip to YouTube and then post the YouTube link here. That's what I do anyway
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'd also suggest an ability cool down reduction. Why do Freeze and Pull have cool downs of over 20 seconds each, yet Frenzy has a 10 second cool down?

Decrease the cool down of Pull and Freeze to 16 seconds each, but increase the cool down of Frenzy to 14 seconds.

I like the fast frenzy cooldown. It helps a lot because of how much I get launched into the air or my hits dont register. It makes up for the inconsistency of frenzy when I'm able to use it again so quickly.
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    If I knew how to post video clips from my Xbox I would lol. I have some pretty fun Kylo moments.

Go on the app upload the clip to YouTube and then post the YouTube link here. That's what I do anyway

Thanks for the tip! I've noticed some have done this, it's just sooo much work lol 🥱