criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

The OOM-9 Vs. Jar Jar Season

Prev1
ROMG4
3504 posts Member
edited January 13
Here is possibly my most ambitious OOM-9 thread yet, here I won't just be discussing his potential. I will be making concepts for not just him but Jar Jar, maps; I might even recreate Dennis's community spotlight at some point

OOM-9:

hqdefault.jpg

OOM-9’s Design Philosophy: In comparison to other Blaster heroes such as Han, Leia, and Lando, which, despite their role as generals and leaders, are mostly self-sufficient. OOM-9 will be a character rooted in teamwork philosophy; he'll be just as vulnerable any blaster hero is when they are alone. But when OOM-9 has a team with him, he can raise them to an unstoppable onslaught. This philosophy and the fact he is a strategic commander will be reflected in his abilities and weapon

Weapon: Modified E-5 Blaster. Unlike the E-5 belonging to the commandos and default Assault droids. This E-5 will function similarly to Boba's EE-3. It will be a quick, burst firing weapon. While OOM-9 will lack the mobility of Boba Fett his blaster will have the benefit of increased accuracy, more modifiable rate of fire and especially better handling

Abilities:

System Shock (left ability): OOM-9 is equipped with an experimental shock device. OOM-9's System Shock ability is designed for close encounters with blaster units. Any Trooper, reinforcement, or another blaster hero that gets too close to OOM-9 will be knocked away similarly to the Clone Commando's repulser physics, but their blaster will also be disabled and overheat for a brief period

Superior Engineering: Acting on his role as a general OOM-9's Superior Engineering ability will immediately refresh the abilities of any Trooper or Hero when they first reach the area of effect. Afterward, the ability will shorten the ability cool-down for these units in a similar manner to Finn's Big Dea ability. Also, this ability will increase the damage allies within his cone of effect can deal out on the enemy as well as improve explosive damage resistance

Scorched Earth: Equipped with an experimental portable version of Defoliator technology. OOM-9 will throw this detonator in a way similar to Han Solo's detonate charge ability, the effects of this will be similar to the Thermal Imploder in that it will deal heavy explosive damage to those nearby, but it will also leave a powerful burning residue similar to the Flame Trooper's grenade. Armed this detonator, OOM-9 can either clear choke points or burn enemies out of cover with a well-aimed throw.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Defoliator

Emotes:
Open Fire!
Take Them To Camp 4
There is no hiding from my army
Wipe Them Out!

Jar Jar Binks:
latest?cb=20120218002012

Design Philosophy: If OOM-9 is the tactical and in command general, Jar Jar Binks looks and sounds like a fool in comparison. However, it is this streak of luck and presence Jar Jar possesses that will be his greatest asset on the Battlefront

Weapon: Jar Jar is equipped with the traditional and ancient Gungan war staff, the Cesta. Equipped with this, Cesta Jar Jar will posses enhanced range and attack speed compared to the melee abilities of Infiltrator and even some saber heroes. The Cesta will have an attack speed either comparable or equivalent to Luke's attack speed, due to the size of the weapon the Cesta will also be able to hit enemies at a wider range than other Light-Saber basic attacks

Abilities:

Boombas: Jar Jar is equipped with three boombas. He can choose to throw them all out at once at the cost of accuracy and expending his current ammunition. Or throw them one at a time with precision each boomba will have a refreshing time of 5 seconds that is separate to each

Distracting: Jar Jar's presence can irritate and breaks the concentration of nearby enemies. Enemies affected by this presence will over-exert themselves, and as a consequence, the refresh timer on their stamina, roll count, and blaster heat will be longer and run out quicker. This presence would be similar to the AOE effects of Finn's big deal, but instead of buffing his Team, this ability will be debuffing any enemies caught in the AOE. In a way, it's somewhat a hybrid between Big Deal and Palpatine's Dark Aura.

Amphibious Retreat: Years of living in the swamps of Naboo and having to get away from bullies has taught Jar Jar how to be stealthy when he needs to be. When activated, this will remove Jar Jar from all radar, even rendering him immune to all detection abilities. Likewise, his movement speed will also be increased

How he should play: In regards to how he should play DICE should embrace the uniqueness of his design, as the first true no force using melee hero Jar Jar will have a faster movement speed roughly equivalent to over half of a traditional blaster hero, he will have the jumping capability of Grievous and the Commando Droids. However, like Grievous, he will have the ability to deflect some blaster bolts and saber attacks in a very clumsy fashion. His stamina will be very low, however. Now, as for a reason he can block this is due to Jar Jar’s particular incredible streak of luck when it comes to getting out of bad situations. In a way it’s no different then Grievous being able to deflect amd block

Emotes:
Ex-squeeze me
How wude!
Oh No!
Mesa called Jar Jar Binks

Maps:

Galactic Conquest: Otoh Gunga City
2000?cb=20130202000641
In the first fully land-based Galactic Conquest map. Make your way through Otoho Gunga with the Separatists droid Forces. Establish a foothold in the ports to secure a landing point for your reinforcements. Afterward, proceed through the city's courtyard and upper levels to take control of the Council Chambers and wash the Gungans out

Heroes Vs. Villains:
battlegroundnaboo.jpg

Relive the iconic visuals of Episode 1's climactic battle and have your favorite Heroes and Villains battle in the wreckage and landscape of the Naboo Plains

In my opinion, this would be a fantastic season. Not only does it reintroduce a character such as OOM-9 into prominence in Star Wars canon, but it will also be an interesting character exploration that is rarely seen in Star Wars lore. This season would not only satisfy blaster fans but also melee fans as OOM-9 will serve as the blaster hero and Jar Jar as the melee Hero thus both sides of the player base will be happy
OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
A OOM-9 Thread!
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

Post edited by ROMG4 on

Replies

• Sweet maps
  • I love it, not to be that guy but I always thought jar jar was saying “how rude”?
  • Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 12
    I hope jar jar could be used as a counter to grievous
    cmik2qn08vnh.gif
  • I actually freaking love this. First OOM-9 thread that has convinced me.
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    I actually freaking love this. First OOM-9 thread that has convinced me.

tumblr_o95oiov7Nf1tsfx8ro1_400.gifv

I've worked on this and refined my concepts and ideas from the past few years to create this. This would be the most balanced update we could ever get

Not only does the large scale mode get its own map, but the HVV mode gets it's own. Blaster fans get a blaster hero and melee fans get a unique melee hero

This would the most encompassing season we've had in ages
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• The only content i would want from PT after more than a year at this point.
  • The only content i would want from PT after more than a year at this point.

The Phantom Menace while being PT never got a update centered around it so that is why this would be acceptable PT content

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4 wrote: »

I've worked on this and refined my concepts and ideas from the past few years to create this. This would be the most balanced update we could ever get

Not only does the large scale mode get its own map, but the HVV mode gets it's own. Blaster fans get a blaster hero and melee fans get a unique melee hero

Maybe ever

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Jar Jar needs tongue grab.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Maybe ever

This is true one of the principal flaws with DICE's content drops is it's always the highway or no way. When they release new heroes they are either all Blasters or all Sabers, when they release maps they are either only for the small mode or large mode

If this season could be done it could easily become the best DLC release of both Battlefronts!
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• I'm always for OOM-9 content. With Jar Jar it's even better. I support this idea
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I’m sad no one ever gives Qui Gonn some love from TPM
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    I’m sad no one ever gives Qui Gonn some love from TPM

True Qui-Gon was a great character in the movie, I guess he just gets overlooked because besides from his wisdom

His force powers weren't anything unique from other Jedi in the Prequels
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• @CT_93921 I always liked how qui-gon swung and held his saber in TPM

True Qui-Gon was a great character in the movie, I guess he just gets overlooked because besides from his wisdom

Feelee16 wrote: »
    @CT_93921 I always liked how qui-gon swung and held his saber in TPM

Sadly he was the only one who cared about what the force wanted, I liked his stance as well too. I mean it’s Liam so it’s hard not to like him it’s criminal they didn’t use him more in different media as he makes a great Jedi. I’m all for more TPM content though in general sorry for going off topic 😂
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member

Feelee16 wrote: »
    @CT_93921 I always liked how qui-gon swung and held his saber in TPM

Sadly he was the only one who cared about what the force wanted, I liked his stance as well too. I mean it’s Liam so it’s hard not to like him it’s criminal they didn’t use him more in different media as he makes a great Jedi. I’m all for more TPM content though in general sorry for going off topic 😂

Oh no problem I quite like the character myself

I would have suggested him myself earlier but considering we have already so many sabers in the game some variety is needed
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• Mastahpeece
    2352 posts Member
    edited January 13
    l75s64ops3wj.gif

Sticking with the Episode 1 theme, how about some Maul skins?
    lvqz0w7e5cr1.jpeg
    1uy84gnn52ez.jpeg
    7cjmqt20e1dh.jpeg

The community has been asking. Maul skins like these are third on the community’s desires list only to OOM-9 and Toydaria
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Jar jar is a fine addition
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    l75s64ops3wj.gif

Sticking with the Episode 1 theme, how about some Maul skins?
    lvqz0w7e5cr1.jpeg
    1uy84gnn52ez.jpeg
    7cjmqt20e1dh.jpeg

The community has been asking. Maul skins like these are third on the community’s desires list only to OOM-9 and Toydaria

sixbs5e9ycpm.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    This should be a voiceline for Jar Jar
    giphy.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• The season that would kill Battlefront 2.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    The season that would kill Battlefront 2's monotony
    giphy.gif

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• No thank you.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Run from it. Dread it. OOM-9 Arrives all the same.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Yeah, it'll never happen, we have the battle droid commander in the game, just name it OOM-9, there... problem solved. It's a battle droid, it has no significance compared to so many other characters, it's just not something most people would want, R2 and so many other droids would best this droid. But that's people's own choice.
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Yeah, it'll never happen, we have the battle droid commander in the game, just name it OOM-9, there... problem solved. It's a battle droid, it has no significance compared to so many other characters, it's just not something most people would want, R2 and so many other droids would best this droid. But that's people's own choice.

OOM-9 Would destroy R2 if they ever met in battle. One of the reasons OOM-9 is great becuase he is from episode one. We have almost no content from TPM.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

3lywai.jpg

Droids shall rule the battlefront! The age of the Clone Reign is OVER!
    One of the reasons OOM-9 is great becuase he is from episode one. We have almost no content from TPM.

We practically have nothing from TPM in the game. We have Darth Maul's default outfit and a few other things such as the Naboo CR2 blaster, but the vast majority of prequel content comes from the other PT films and CW
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• EA_Tom
    477 posts EA Community Manager
    You had me at Jar Jar.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    You had me at Jar Jar.

PerfumedLavishFinnishspitz-size_restricted.gif

I'm glad you liked it! I've refined a lot of the stuff I've thought up over the past year or so to make this thread
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

OOM-9 Would destroy R2 if they ever met in battle. One of the reasons OOM-9 is great becuase he is from episode one. We have almost no content from TPM.

Well of course.. ones a battle droid and ones an astromech ... not comparible .. I know which one I'd rather play as though. Playing R2D2 as part of death start 2015 was awesome

I have no interest at all in playing as OOM-9 or Binks... they'd be in my collection with Iden, Dooku, Grevious, Finn, Phasma, Lando and Leia that havn't made it past level 10 yet and I've had the game for over 2 years
  • I would love to have OOM-9 just for his voice. So awesome.
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Well of course.. ones a battle droid and ones an astromech ... not comparible .. I know which one I'd rather play as though. Playing R2D2 as part of death start 2015 was awesome

I have no interest at all in playing as OOM-9 or Binks... they'd be in my collection with Iden, Dooku, Grevious, Finn, Phasma, Lando and Leia that havn't made it past level 10 yet and I've had the game for over 2 years

The way he has OOM-9 set up would be a good counter to all the ls buffs.

h846398gb27k.png

No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Iden is the best blaster hero and her stun is great. Dooku can deal so much damage. Just try in in HvV with all the damage cards on and watch the enemy's bar drop in chunks. Grevious has great abilities and good damage. A blaster hero shredder. Fin is trash ecept for fighting Boba so no problem there. Phasma can be fun at times. I recommend her again. Lando sucks but has great emotes lolol. LeiA iS a GoD bRuH. Lol jokes aside she has a great gun and a great middle ability. Other than cool skins thats it

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

giphy.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Iden is the best blaster hero and her stun is great. Dooku can deal so much damage. Just try in in HvV with all the damage cards on and watch the enemy's bar drop in chunks. Grevious has great abilities and good damage. A blaster hero shredder. Fin is trash ecept for fighting Boba so no problem there. Phasma can be fun at times. I recommend her again. Lando sucks but has great emotes lolol. LeiA iS a GoD bRuH. Lol jokes aside she has a great gun and a great middle ability. Other than cool skins thats it

Oh yea, I know how well some can perform on the Battlefront , but that's irrelevant to me.

I don't play the heroes depending how good they are on the battlefront. I play heroes I want to play as and enjoy playing as. I play them enough and so i'm ok with them now... i know they aren't the best.. but they are the most fun for me. I could play as grievous for 10 minutes and get top of a leaderboard and decent kill streak but I'd be bored...
  • The best thing about this thread is that I cannot tell if youse are joking or not 😂😂
  • love this. jar jar binks is the drunk boxer the light side needs and oom 9 is the perfect yin to that yang.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    You had me at Jar Jar.

With such an opinion, why no Gungans yet Tom? With your almighty powers you could lobby for them. Bring in the Gungans to SWBFII please!

And OOM-9 too if possible, but the gungans will already make my day.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    You had me at Jar Jar.

With such an opinion, why no Gungans yet Tom? With your almighty powers you could lobby for them. Bring in the Gungans to SWBFII please!

And OOM-9 too if possible, but the gungans will already make my day.

Gungan Hunt
    THIS has all been foreseen.
    j2p7umsm2f8x.jpg
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    love this. jar jar binks is the drunk boxer the light side needs and oom 9 is the perfect yin to that yang.

Oh yeah it's always great when there are two characters that are complete contrasts to each other. That way even if some people dislike the personality of the first character there's a good chance they'll really like the second

By doing so you increase the chances of everyone being happy with the content dramatically!

Also I need OOM-9 to make a reference to Parlay from Galactic Battlegrounds when he gets into the game

All will become clear as to why in time, lol
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Yeah, oom-9 probably got scrapped by Jar-Jar hitting him with a booma, probably by accident, and that's just blasphemy to the greatest droid in the galaxy, R2 would outwit oom-9, especially since oom-9 was just the even more stupid of the first line of battle droids, so even if Jar Jar didn't scrap him, then he was shut down when Anakin blew up the control ship.... heck, the Droidekas and B2s are probably way smarter than THAT droid, even the second phase of the B1s would be smarter.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

Yeah, oom-9 probably got scrapped by Jar-Jar hitting him with a booma, probably by accident, and that's just blasphemy to the greatest droid in the galaxy, R2 would outwit oom-9, especially since oom-9 was just the even more stupid of the first line of battle droids, so even if Jar Jar didn't scrap him, then he was shut down when Anakin blew up the control ship.... heck, the Droidekas and B2s are probably way smarter than THAT droid, even the second phase of the B1s would be smarter.

3m5m75.jpg
    nkp55fcdpzty.gif

If your gonna cite the lore as reasons for OOM-9 not to be added, do your own proper research and stop making false statements with no basis
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

3m5m75.jpg
    nkp55fcdpzty.gif

If your gonna cite the lore as reasons for OOM-9 not to be added, do your own proper research and stop making false statements with no basis

Excellent use of Count Dooku

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

love this. jar jar binks is the drunk boxer the light side needs and oom 9 is the perfect yin to that yang.

Oh yeah it's always great when there are two characters that are complete contrasts to each other. That way even if some people dislike the personality of the first character there's a good chance they'll really like the second

By doing so you increase the chances of everyone being happy with the content dramatically!

Also I need OOM-9 to make a reference to Parlay from Galactic Battlegrounds when he gets into the game

All will become clear as to why in time, lol

Raiding those 3 Naboo villages with OOM-9 in the 1st Trade Federation level never gets old.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    Oh that reminds me I finally purchased the digital version of Jame's Luceno's Star Wars end-game a short story on Maul that features OOM-9 and the events of galactic battlegrounds heavily in some sections

If anyone wants I can post transcripts of the OOM-9 parts
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

3m5m75.jpg
    nkp55fcdpzty.gif

Why thank you, I just find it annoying when people continually try to pick things apart all the while being completely wrong about it all
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

No thank you.

OOM-9 is coming.

3m5m75.jpg
    nkp55fcdpzty.gif

Why thank you, I just find it annoying when people continually try to pick things apart all the while being completely wrong about it all

Well i'm not wrong, barely anybody knows who this droid is. I just thought it was various battle droid commanders every time they appeared in TPM. Aside, if you look up all those things that this droid did for gunray, it's all just legends now, what's canon is just that he's a battle droid commander and is gunrays top commander and that he was at the battle of naboo, and successfully won the battle of the naboo plains, but then he was shut down just like the rest of the droids when Anakin accidentally hit the reactor of the droid control ship.

So everything he did, aside from the battle of naboo, is now not canon anymore, which means the droid really did nothing special but winning the battle of naboo, but any of the smarter battle droids later on in the clone wars could win a battle too, especially since in the clone wars the droids were made to work on their own, without being controlled, but OOM-9 was controlled just like the others that were in the battle of naboo, he was just improved to be gunrays top commander.... but there were the tactical and super tactical droids that were even more effective than OOM-9, so should they be added too?
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    Well i'm not wrong, barely anybody knows who this droid is. I just thought it was various battle droid commanders every time they appeared in TPM
    And I thought coruscant was destroyed in TFA. We may not be the best observers
    Aside, if you look up all those things that this droid did for gunray, it's all just legends now, what's canon is just that he's a battle droid commander and is gunrays top commander and that he was at the battle of naboo, and successfully won the battle of the naboo plains, but then he was shut down just like the rest of the droids when Anakin accidentally hit the reactor of the droid control ship.
    Which means it is time to pull it out of legends, even better in fact. Because it's canon you can now pick and alter his story in a number of ways to make it truly deviating. This is the chance to get actual Battle droid development, to see actual genuine variety appear in Battlefront for the first time in ages

The chance to develop a battle droid has barely appeared in canon, OOM-9 is that chance

Also

3mkbqi.gif
    but any of the smarter battle droids later on in the clone wars could win a battle too, especially since in the clone wars the droids were made to work on their own, without being controlled, but OOM-9 was controlled just like the others that were in the battle of naboo, he was just improved to be gunrays top commander.... but there were the tactical and super tactical droids that were even more effective than OOM-9, so should they be added too?
    Every single tactical and super tactical battle droid in the Clone wars was useless and either died embarrassingly or just got trashed

OOM-9 is the only prequel villain to win a ground fight in the entire PT, that is a heck of a lot more substantial then some random droids that talk in a bootleg OOM voice that never bloody won anything
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    OOm-9 accomplished more than Grievs. Grievs lost every time.

h846398gb27k.png