criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

The OOM-9 Vs. Jar Jar Season

Replies

• bfloo wrote: »
    OOm-9 accomplished more than Grievs. Grievs lost every time.

Eh thats dicey. In the movies sure but in TCW TV show not really
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

TCW Grievous was a bigger joke than movie Grievous. The great OOMperor would have little trouble dispatching of him

Although I believe that OOM would consider allying himself with 2003 Grievous
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Grievous lost every time

When they say in the opening crawl of RotS there were heroes on both sides, I can't name 1 for the Seps
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I would even be happy with a tank skin for the AAT of the droids, where Jar Jar is hanging on the on top canon like in the films 😂 would be awesome!
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member

3mnefw.jpg

Powerful alliance! All things considered OOM-9 and 2003 Grievous would make a bloody fantastic Separatist army
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member
    If only we got 2003 Grievous in the films.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    edited January 20

Just a single 2003 Magnaguard was worth the entire Inquisitor order from Rebels, now that was a proper Droid! :)

KrnuFR.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Just a single 2003 Magnaguard was worth the entire Inquisitor order from Rebels, now that was a proper Droid! :)

KrnuFR.gif

I still believe we should get a 2003 Grievous skin even if it isn't canon. It would look awesome. Inquisitors in Rebels were like children.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• In Legends Darth Maul was jealous of OOM-9.
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

KrnuFR.gif

I still believe we should get a 2003 Grievous skin even if it isn't canon. It would look awesome. Inquisitors in Rebels were like children.

Now that would be an epic Event skin worthy of being called an "event"

Remember that TLJ contest they had way back in 2017? The one where they had the playerbase vote and fight for which faction they wanted to win in order to get rewards?

Basically do that and have the community play and earn points to unlock 2003 Grievous

And OOM-9

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • The only content i would want from PT after more than a year at this point.

The Phantom Menace while being PT never got a update centered around it so that is why this would be acceptable PT content

They are capable of giving us Windu/Qui Gon/Ahs..... or who knows what obscure saber that will just add to the poor state of the game whenever they are implicated. I'm serious about this (way more than the maker of this thread), i'd really appreciate this kind of content being added.

3mnefw.jpg

Powerful alliance! All things considered OOM-9 and 2003 Grievous would make a bloody fantastic Separatist army

8ny7tnl40ojx.gif
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    edited January 20
    They are capable of giving us Windu/Qui Gon/Ahs..... or who knows what obscure saber that will just add to the poor state of the game whenever they are implicated. I'm serious about this (way more than the maker of this thread), i'd really appreciate this kind of content being added.
    6ed.jpg

I've been supporting and campaigning for OOM-9 and TPM content to be added since early-mid 2017 on this forum

I AM DEATHLY SERIOUS about wanting them to be added this isn't a joke for me
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
    6ed.jpg

I've been supporting and campaigning for OOM-9 and TPM content to be added since early-mid 2017 on this forum

Didn't say you weren't, just i was more than you zc249fhdev5y.png

It's great to hear....though, hopefully one day if they find the inspiration to do it just like they did with the bb units.
  • I would even be happy with a tank skin for the AAT of the droids, where Jar Jar is hanging on the on top canon like in the films 😂 would be awesome!

That would be amazing indeed!
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
    Well i'm not wrong, barely anybody knows who this droid is. I just thought it was various battle droid commanders every time they appeared in TPM
    And I thought coruscant was destroyed in TFA. We may not be the best observers
    Aside, if you look up all those things that this droid did for gunray, it's all just legends now, what's canon is just that he's a battle droid commander and is gunrays top commander and that he was at the battle of naboo, and successfully won the battle of the naboo plains, but then he was shut down just like the rest of the droids when Anakin accidentally hit the reactor of the droid control ship.
    Which means it is time to pull it out of legends, even better in fact. Because it's canon you can now pick and alter his story in a number of ways to make it truly deviating. This is the chance to get actual Battle droid development, to see actual genuine variety appear in Battlefront for the first time in ages

The chance to develop a battle droid has barely appeared in canon, OOM-9 is that chance

Also

3mkbqi.gif
    but any of the smarter battle droids later on in the clone wars could win a battle too, especially since in the clone wars the droids were made to work on their own, without being controlled, but OOM-9 was controlled just like the others that were in the battle of naboo, he was just improved to be gunrays top commander.... but there were the tactical and super tactical droids that were even more effective than OOM-9, so should they be added too?
    Every single tactical and super tactical battle droid in the Clone wars was useless and either died embarrassingly or just got trashed

OOM-9 is the only prequel villain to win a ground fight in the entire PT, that is a heck of a lot more substantial then some random droids that talk in a bootleg OOM voice that never bloody won anything

Yeah i suppose that's true, but didn't OOM-9 also get scrapped too? When Anakin accidentally took out the droid control ship? Though they would have to kinda get permission to add the droid back into canon?

Yeah, he was definitely misrepresented in the clone wars, he seemed so inept, just why!

TCW Grievous was a bigger joke than movie Grievous. The great OOMperor would have little trouble dispatching of him

Yeah he definitely was a joke in the clone wars, Grievous just got humiliated again and again, especially when Ahsoka... (a thirteen year old mind you), cut off his hand! and when he gets captured by jar jar and the gungans! that was just no, just the worst humiliation to Grievous is being being captured by jar jar!
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Yeah i suppose that's true, but didn't OOM-9 also get scrapped too? When Anakin accidentally took out the droid control ship? Though they would have to kinda get permission to add the droid back into canon?

OOM-9's always been in Star Wars canon he's in TPM he's been recognized by multiple enecylpedias that have been released throughout the years, and he was recently in a konami Star Wars card game

Heck he was even in that Rogue One tie-in book "On the front lines" where he had a whole chapter dedicated to him and his exploits on Naboo

He even got an awesome portrait in it as well
    oom_9_by_rilez75_dbtt3xp-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAwMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY3NDgzNDVkLTUwNTktNDllZi1hZjQ3LTdlNjg4MWYyMDBiOFwvZGJ0dDN4cC03ZWY4YzJmYy1jMTQ1LTRjYWItOTdmOC1kZDRhYzMyM2EwY2YuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgzMyJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.7OjT59RCsRKaF0HyTPdBHx825--aesBHIdBx8oHowN0
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending

OOM-9's always been in Star Wars canon he's in TPM he's been recognized by multiple enecylpedias that have been released throughout the years, and he was recently in a konami Star Wars card game

Heck he was even in that Rogue One tie-in book "On the front lines" where he had a whole chapter dedicated to him and his exploits on Naboo

He even got an awesome portrait in it as well
    oom_9_by_rilez75_dbtt3xp-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAwMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY3NDgzNDVkLTUwNTktNDllZi1hZjQ3LTdlNjg4MWYyMDBiOFwvZGJ0dDN4cC03ZWY4YzJmYy1jMTQ1LTRjYWItOTdmOC1kZDRhYzMyM2EwY2YuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgzMyJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.7OjT59RCsRKaF0HyTPdBHx825--aesBHIdBx8oHowN0

No i don't mean OOM-9 himself isn't canon..... i mean all those special missions he did for gunray, all that is now not canon, if you look up OOM-9 and click on the Star Wars database website called 'Wookieepedia', then it'll show a legends and canon side for each character, droid, animal, vehicle and so on and so forth, and the canon side for OOM-9 is very short, not much aside from being gunrays top commander and winning the Naboo plains battle, but then he gets taken out like the rest of the droids when Anakin accidentally took out the droid control ship.... that basically the canon side, or whats left of it, of OOM-9, but when i click on the legends side then it shows all those missions he did for gunray and whatnot, and this long page of all that he did.
  • What about a mode where gungans and droids fight just like the Phantom Menace movie
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    No i don't mean OOM-9 himself isn't canon..... i mean all those special missions he did for gunray, all that is now not canon, if you look up OOM-9 and click on the Star Wars database website called 'Wookieepedia', then it'll show a legends and canon side for each character, droid, animal, vehicle and so on and so forth, and the canon side for OOM-9 is very short, not much aside from being gunrays top commander and winning the Naboo plains battle, but then he gets taken out like the rest of the droids when Anakin accidentally took out the droid control ship.... that basically the canon side, or whats left of it, of OOM-9, but when i click on the legends side then it shows all those missions he did for gunray and whatnot, and this long page of all that he did.
    True I can understand that, though considering how it is I don't actually see Lucasfilm having much trouble if anything with that

In fact canonizing more Legends material would probably be quite the good PR move
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member

Yeah, he was definitely misrepresented in the clone wars, he seemed so inept, just why!

It was a kids show and the good guys had to win every time

h846398gb27k.png

• Grievous15 wrote: »

Yeah he definitely was a joke in the clone wars, Grievous just got humiliated again and again, especially when Ahsoka... (a thirteen year old mind you), cut off his hand! and when he gets captured by jar jar and the gungans! that was just no, just the worst humiliation to Grievous is being being captured by jar jar!

Jar Jar destoryed like how many battle droids at the battle for the Naboo Plains? And Grevious got cocky as anyone would fighting Ahsoka.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Jar Jar destoryed like how many battle droids at the battle for the Naboo Plains? And Grevious got cocky as anyone would fighting Ahsoka.

If he was cocky it should've at least played out like ep 5 Luke v Vader with an arm missing imo.

KrnuFR.gif

Inquisitors are probably one of the worse thing to be added from the Disney Canon.
    They’re just pawns with spinny sabers so Disney can create numerous canon fodder enemies that arent stormtroopers, all without having to use Vader. They defeat the purpose of Vader being the jedi hunter in the first place

Like has an Inquisitor ever even killed a jedi?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    They defeat the purpose of Vader being the jedi hunter in the first place
    I never had a problem with the concept of Sith Inquisitors/Assassins in the OT. Vader would have had a ton of responsibilities and its such a big galaxy that he can't spend all his time chasing sightings of a Jedi

It would make sense to have Inquisitors to handle the odd Padawan leaving Vader free to go after all the remaining Knights and Masters
    Inquisitors are probably one of the worse thing to be added from the Disney Canon.
    Mara Jade would eat every single Canon Inquisitor for breakfast, with an arm tied behind her back at that!
    3mryms.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

KrnuFR.gif

They’re just pawns with spinny sabers so Disney can create numerous canon fodder enemies that arent stormtroopers, all without having to use Vader. They defeat the purpose of Vader being the jedi hunter in the first place

They were pretty inept in the Vader Comics as well.

h846398gb27k.png

• I support this message
    I never had a problem with the concept of Sith Inquisitors/Assassins in the OT. Vader would have had a ton of responsibilities and its such a big galaxy that he can't spend all his time chasing sightings of a Jedi

Its not bad to have a couple, but the way canon makes it out to be is that there’s hundreds of them, and Disney can just poop out a one hundred and thirty-seventh sister or sixty-eighth brother to fulfill a bad guy role for a new comic.
    And the fact that they actively recruit suggest that they are like a jedi order, a growing sith army, something Dooku envisioned and not Palps

If it was like a set number like 12 it wouldnt be so bad.
    Won’t even address how laughably underwhelming their performance are.

No actually I will, how can two inquisitors not finish off Ezra, a padawan with subpar jefi training, or Cal, a padawan who forgot how to be a bloody jedi?!
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

It was a kids show and the good guys had to win every time

Yeah, seems to happen a lot these days.
    True I can understand that, though considering how it is I don't actually see Lucasfilm having much trouble if anything with that

In fact canonizing more Legends material would probably be quite the good PR move

Yeah i'm sure it wouldn't be very hard for them to just say, everything OOM-9 did is now back into canon, i'm sure that'll happen some day.

Though Ahsoka was also very very cocky in the clone wars season 1 and 2, and somewhat in season 3 too, Jar Jar killed like three or four battle droids on accident, by having a battle droid's wires being hooked on him, which (somehow) directly shot and took out a Droideka and a couple battle droids. Grievous was a joke in the clone wars and that was the end of it, how knows maybe Lucas wanted it that way.... since he even said that he made Grievous run all the time in ROTS due to him not wanting to take the spotlight from the true villains, (Palpatine and Dooku) even though Dooku died within the first ten minutes of ROTS.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

KrnuFR.gif

Yes they have in the comics.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Its not bad to have a couple, but the way canon makes it out to be is that there’s hundreds of them, and Disney can just poop out a one hundred and thirty-seventh sister or sixty-eighth brother to fulfill a bad guy role for a new comic.
    And the fact that they actively recruit suggest that they are like a jedi order, a growing sith army, something Dooku envisioned and not Palps

If it was like a set number like 12 it wouldnt be so bad.
    Won’t even address how laughably underwhelming their performance are.

No actually I will, how can two inquisitors not finish off Ezra, a padawan with subpar jefi training, or Cal, a padawan who forgot how to be a bloody jedi?!

Well there were close calls with Ezra, but Kanan protected him from the Inquisitors, and he really couldn't handle it when dueling with the Inquisitors, Kanan seemed to do most of the work, though the Inquisitors couldn't take on Maul's power, and that was their down fall. Maul killed two inquisitors, Kanan killed one, and the last, well he kinda killed himself in a way.... because i believe it was Ahsoka that cut the Inquisitor's saber and then he tried to fly off, and then it split on him, in Rebels it didn't really bother me, the Inquisitors always seemed to have the upper hand over Kanan and Ezra..... but in Fallen Order...... well i was kinda hoping Cal wouldn't have killed the second sister, it feels to ify.
  • I want this!

I have spoken...
  • This update sounds more interesting than whatever is coming in late 2020
  • This update sounds more interesting than whatever is coming in late 2020

How do you know what's coming in 'late' 2020?
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    edited January 22
    6ed.jpg

Didn't say you weren't, just i was more than you zc249fhdev5y.png

tenor.gif?itemid=13519095

:)

Yes, we need not be competitors together we can create the ultimate OOM-9 thread!
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • ROMG4
    4046 posts Member
    Does anyone else have some ideas they would like to add to this concept? I would love to hear them
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member
    Does anyone else have some ideas they would like to add to this concept? I would love to hear them

We just need to give Jar Jar his drunk fu to make him unique.

h846398gb27k.png

Though Ahsoka was also very very cocky in the clone wars season 1 and 2, and somewhat in season 3 too, Jar Jar killed like three or four battle droids on accident, by having a battle droid's wires being hooked on him, which (somehow) directly shot and took out a Droideka and a couple battle droids. Grievous was a joke in the clone wars and that was the end of it, how knows maybe Lucas wanted it that way.... since he even said that he made Grievous run all the time in ROTS due to him not wanting to take the spotlight from the true villains, (Palpatine and Dooku) even though Dooku died within the first ten minutes of ROTS.

Bruh Jar Jar took out like 10 battle droids I think like 3-4 AATs. and a Droidikea. He is the true sith lord

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Finally, a post i can get behind. +1million HUES
  • Gungans. Why Gungans aren't in the game? I'd love to have them as reinforcements. Throw some Boomas
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Bruh Jar Jar took out like 10 battle droids I think like 3-4 AATs. and a Droidikea. He is the true sith lord

Yeah, and there's also that fact that he's like the most hated and stupid/clumsy character in all of Star Wars. The fact that he and the other gungans in the one TCW episode, and how they capure Grievous made Grievous look inept, and there's nothing that can change that.
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member

Yeah, and there's also that fact that he's like the most hated and stupid/clumsy character in all of Star Wars. The fact that he and the other gungans in the one TCW episode, and how they capure Grievous made Grievous look inept, and there's nothing that can change that.

Grievous almost always looked inept during cw

h846398gb27k.png

Yeah, i just don't get it. Better idea, since a couple people here such as you and others, how about we all just create out own Star Wars show, where the good guys don't always win? and also not make the bad guys always look inept while we're at it.
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member

Yeah, i just don't get it. Better idea, since a couple people here such as you and others, how about we all just create out own Star Wars show, where the good guys don't always win? and also not make the bad guys always look inept while we're at it.

2003 Grievous was great

h846398gb27k.png

2003 Grievous was great

Yeah, that was when i was actually a huge fan of him. Really the only clone wars episode i liked where Grievous was involved was the Lair of Grievous episode, even though it still made him look inept, it was still cool, and that was about it from TCW. All TCW really pictured Grievous ever doing was killing padawans... that was like all it ever showed him do, for being listed as a great jedi killer TCW sure didn't really show that, just showed him kill like one padawan, and that was it. I don't understand how Grievous could kill all these jedi... yet in TCW he for some reason can't kill certain jedi, for who knows why.

Same amount of victories by my count. GG- dathomir, Droid-plains of Naboo