criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So we will get only 3 ST CS maps?

The clown wars have how many now 4? 5? I would say it's outrageous but maybe my math is of.

Help me with this.

Jakku/Takodana/Ajan Kloss?

What about Starkiller? Crait?

Don't do us sequels fans wrong here Dice!

Replies

  • Oh no! Clone Wars has more content! How dare they?!?!?!

    p.s. when will Dice be adding Ahsoka and Ventress?
  • Crait is quite difficult to port over from GA because of its unique layout.
    CS on SKB wouldn't make sense, since SKB is some kind of Capital Ship itself.

    But in my point of view, one more ST map should be added to CS and IA. If they can't bring Crait, i'd like to see Kijimi be added to the game.
  • Oilerfan78
    356 posts Member
    edited January 15
    They can make it work, just do those maps in reverse:

    Starkiller base: Start inside the base, work your way outside. If you get to 100% on CP's inside, the next phase takes place in Starfighters and you have to shoot out ground or base targets before the time runs out.

    Crait: start in the caves, work your way outside. Once outside, board your ship, ship phase takes place as usual.

    Either these, or make new Crait and SKB maps
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    The clown wars have how many now 4? 5? I would say it's outrageous but maybe my math is of.

    Help me with this.

    Jakku/Takodana/Ajan Kloss?

    What about Starkiller? Crait?

    Don't do us sequels fans wrong here Dice!

    It took clone wars months, right - MONTHS to get to this barebone of maps and ST is receiving 3 maps at once and you are complaining? wtf
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • relleuM wrote: »
    Oh no! Clone Wars has more content! How dare they?!?!?!

    p.s. when will Dice be adding Ahsoka and Ventress?

    Never, I Hope.
  • I'm glad we're getting any. I didn't really care about NT CS maps, or even CW CS maps nearly as much as I desired OT CS maps, but to be frank, after this long, I'll take what I can get. Still holding out for a nice bespin, endor, or especially hoth CS map though.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    The clown wars have how many now 4? 5? I would say it's outrageous but maybe my math is of.

    Help me with this.

    Jakku/Takodana/Ajan Kloss?

    What about Starkiller? Crait?

    Don't do us sequels fans wrong here Dice!

    It took clone wars months, right - MONTHS to get to this barebone of maps and ST is receiving 3 maps at once and you are complaining? wtf

    Yeah i still don't get why the PT/clone wars era content was so drip fed..... it's like they were trying to make this game boring and trying to make everybody hate to play in the PT era.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • I think one of the reasons it took us long to get any CS/IA maps in Clone wars is because they were still developing the AI to be what it is today. They didn't want to release something that could not work. We are getting 2 or 3 ST maps in CS/IA bacause the Ai is made and easier to program. I still want all large scale maps in all eras. No reason why they cannot put Crait or Starkiller Base in Instant Action, even if they need to use phases.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I think one of the reasons it took us long to get any CS/IA maps in Clone wars is because they were still developing the AI to be what it is today. They didn't want to release something that could not work. We are getting 2 or 3 ST maps in CS/IA bacause the Ai is made and easier to program. I still want all large scale maps in all eras. No reason why they cannot put Crait or Starkiller Base in Instant Action, even if they need to use phases.

    No i mean the drip fed PT era content aside from the game modes. Like, why didn't they add the Droidekas and the clone commandos in one update? We just got four new reinforcements in just one update! So just why was it drip fed, we're also getting two new heroes in one update, so why couldn't they do that with Ani and Dooku, and Obi & Grievous?! They could've added them in one update, two heroes per month, then they could've gotten other requested PT era heroes like Mace and Ahsoka out of the way by doing two heroes per month. But no, just drip fed and more drip fed PT era content.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    The clown wars have how many now 4? 5? I would say it's outrageous but maybe my math is of.

    Help me with this.

    Jakku/Takodana/Ajan Kloss?

    What about Starkiller? Crait?

    Don't do us sequels fans wrong here Dice!

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1575532#Comment_1575532
  • Crait is quite difficult to port over from GA because of its unique layout.
    CS on SKB wouldn't make sense, since SKB is some kind of Capital Ship itself.

    But in my point of view, one more ST map should be added to CS and IA. If they can't bring Crait, i'd like to see Kijimi be added to the game.

    Yes it can make sense because Starkiller base is also a planet. You can literally have MC-85 of the resistance in the skies of SKB along side the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer of the First Order battling it out in the skies.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1575532#Comment_1575532
  • Crait is quite difficult to port over from GA because of its unique layout.
    CS on SKB wouldn't make sense, since SKB is some kind of Capital Ship itself.

    But in my point of view, one more ST map should be added to CS and IA. If they can't bring Crait, i'd like to see Kijimi be added to the game.

    Yes it can make sense because Starkiller base is also a planet. You can literally have MC-85 of the resistance in the skies of SKB along side the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer of the First Order battling it out in the skies.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1575532#Comment_1575532

    Yeah, but why fly up to the FO Star Destroyer when you already control the ultimate weapon, that could be destroyed or even turned against the FO?
  • I want to see Canto Byte added to the game.
  • If the devs are wanting to make Crait playable in CS and IA, all they need to do is put some wrecked AT AT walkers around outside on the desert plains to create more interesting geometry.
  • Genin
    701 posts Member
    If they will add starfighters I'll be an happy man
  • Crait and Starkiller Base won't be in Instant Action unless DICE can create scenarios that make sense for it to be in CS. I've always maintained, they can do this. I'm hoping the droideka and vehicle AI can be completed for this update. As shown in datamining, Crait was being looked at as a map for H vs. V and coop, so hopefully, they looked more carefully into it from there and can find some way to bring it to IA/CS.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Crait and Starkiller Base won't be in Instant Action unless DICE can create scenarios that make sense for it to be in CS. I've always maintained, they can do this. I'm hoping the droideka and vehicle AI can be completed for this update. As shown in datamining, Crait was being looked at as a map for H vs. V and coop, so hopefully, they looked more carefully into it from there and can find some way to bring it to IA/CS.

    I don't see why Crait couldn't work. I get the argument's against Starkiller but I think they can do it so that it makes sense.
  • The problem is that CS/IA are linked on the ground for NO phases. What that means is the ground map is a smaller version of the GA map for Naboo, Kashykkk and Kamino. If they would use phases in CS/IA, Crait and Starkiller base could work in IA/CS. The outside of the base/caves could be for an objective (capture command points outside before a timer/reinforcement/lives run out. Then the game switches to the next phase: 5 CP's inside the base or caves. For CS, when one team reaches the outside, they board the LAAT/Gunship outside and go to the ship phase. For SKB, have a starfighter Assault type of gameplay where instead of the ship phase, you have to defend/attack objectives on the outside of Starkiller base such as turrets/cores. It can work if DICE thinks it's worth it.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    The problem is that CS/IA are linked on the ground for NO phases. What that means is the ground map is a smaller version of the GA map for Naboo, Kashykkk and Kamino. If they would use phases in CS/IA, Crait and Starkiller base could work in IA/CS. The outside of the base/caves could be for an objective (capture command points outside before a timer/reinforcement/lives run out. Then the game switches to the next phase: 5 CP's inside the base or caves. For CS, when one team reaches the outside, they board the LAAT/Gunship outside and go to the ship phase. For SKB, have a starfighter Assault type of gameplay where instead of the ship phase, you have to defend/attack objectives on the outside of Starkiller base such as turrets/cores. It can work if DICE thinks it's worth it.

    Good call. It would make the whole thing a bit unique as well.
  • So now that we know OT Supremacy will have oly the ground phase theres no reason to exclude Starkiller.

    @F8RGE
Sign In or Register to comment.