criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

The Republic faction kinda sucks!

Grievous15
1722 posts Member
edited January 14
It really does...... people may say the reinforcements are some of the best... but they're really some of the worst. For example...... i was playing a match of blast yesterday, and i was on the Republic's side, and it seemed pretty balanced, what i mean by that is that there wasn't that one person, or multiple players that are OP and the kill everyone in every match... but it didn't seem like there were those types of players in this blast match, both the Separatist's and the Republic's points were tied in this match..... yet no one can survive against the commando droids or the B2s, the clone commandos and ARC troopers has to be a couple of the most useless reinforcements in the game, you can survive longer with the Rebel aerial unit compared to the clone commandos and ARCs.

People use the clone commando's anti armor attachment more than they use the regular blaster, plus they were pretty buggy when they were first added anyhow, compared to other reinforcements, such as the repulsor blast ability not registering on the enemy, that was a common one the day they were added, and their grenade attachment's damage seemed to go in and out, like it seemed too OP at one point... then it just sucked at another point, and their damage reduction ability made them a bit OT, then they nerfed it to the ground it seemed to me, and was a useless ability, there should've been a middle ground, but no, it was to OP, so it needed balance, then it was nerfed too much it seemed.

There's also the other useless reinforcement, the ARC trooper happens to also be one of the buggiest in the game. Well it's the shock grenade ability, it's so buggy, it's delayed upon activation most of the time, if it's not that, then it outlines the enemy in white, as if it effected them, but doesn't register on the enemy, and the ARC trooper isn't even really holding the grenade, when they throw it, it's looks like it just comes out of thin air, and it never even goes where you're aiming for anyhow.

So anyhow, aside from all that... back to the blast game match that i was talking about...... so a couple of people and i were the ARC troopers and clone commandos, yet there were about three players that were commando droids and also a couple of B2s, which are pretty good reinforcements at that... but in this match the commandos droids were just scrapping the ARCs and commandos, they were so useless, the commando droids can take out the ARCs in three second, if they hit them with their vibro blades and then shoot them at lest once, then they're goners. Yes the Droidekas are kinda useless too, but are still fun to play as, while the ARCs and commandos are just no fun, except for their OP anti armor launchers and power blasts, which both of those are useless in close range, heck, using the grenade launcher ability up close takes out you and the enemy.

It's just sad that they were probably working on the clone commandos for like two months, since the Droidekas came out in July, and the clone commandos came out in September, that gave them plenty of time to perfect them... yet they're the worst of the worst. On the other hand we have four ST era reinforcements that were added at the same time in one update, and the only one that needs a slight nerf is the gunner, all of the others were just better made in such little time, compared to the clone commandos that had much more time, it makes no sense.
Post edited by Grievous15 on

Replies

• People playing as the Republic must not have been good

Republic Aerials are flying Han Solos, ARCs can spam stuns that are better than Lando's, and Commandos give people 25% damage reductions. That's blast alone, in GA it is worse since the Republic gets their tank there and that too is better than what the CIS has.

The super battle droid has never been that noticeable in any match I've played with them being available and the most notable thing about the commando droid is that they make it impossible for me to see, when they are on my team.

In blast the clone aerials alone can win a game, the people that were the Republic in the match you were in again probably weren't good.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    People playing as the Republic must not have been good

Republic Aerials are flying Han Solos, ARCs can spam stuns that are better than Lando's, and Commandos give people 25% damage reductions. That's blast alone, in GA it is worse since the Republic gets their tank there and that too is better than what the CIS has.

The super battle droid has never been that noticeable in any match I've played with them being available and the most notable thing about the commando droid is that they make it impossible for me to see, when they are on my team.

In blast the clone aerials alone can win a game, the people that were the Republic in the match you were in again probably weren't good.

The thing was that this match was pretty balanced, the Separatists team was also terrible, but the commando droids seemed to have made a difference and shifted the tides of battle.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

The thing was that this match was pretty balanced, the Separatists team was also terrible, but the commando droids seemed to have made a difference and shifted the tides of battle.

If the republic team was good they would have just started spamming the aerials and they would have been untouchable by commando droids.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Yes the

Yes the Republic does have the best tank... but this was the blast game mode, as i said all seemed balanced, until some players got enough BP to be the commando droids... the other thing was that the map was Kashyyyk, not a very fit place for aerials, so there was only like one or two people that were the aerials, but the commando droids took them out pretty fast, so it was mainly commandos and ARCs, but they weren't much help either. And yes the clone jet trooper definitely needs a nerf, those friggin clone jet troopers are like snipers.
    Yes the

Yes the Republic does have the best tank... but this was the blast game mode, as i said all seemed balanced, until some players got enough BP to be the commando droids... the other thing was that the map was Kashyyyk, not a very fit place for aerials, so there was only like one or two people that were the aerials, but the commando droids took them out pretty fast, so it was mainly commandos and ARCs, but they weren't much help either. And yes the clone jet trooper definitely needs a nerf, those friggin clone jet troopers are like snipers.

Almost all good teams in blast spam the aerials, Kashyyyk is one of the best maps for aerials because inside the tree there is that spot that only they can get too, the pistol alone is reason enough to pick the republic aerial. Any match can seem balanced at first.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    Yes the

Almost all good teams in blast spam the aerials, Kashyyyk is one of the best maps for aerials because inside the tree there is that spot that only they can get too, the pistol alone is reason enough to pick the republic aerial. Any match can seem balanced at first.

Exactly, i think both the commandos droids need a very small nerf, but not too too much, and the clone jet troopers need a nice fat juicy nerf, they can take out Boba in GA faster than he can take them out. What my main problem is all the bugs with the repulsor blasts and shock trap abilities, that is what gets me killed.

You watch your mouth when you speak on the gods that are the SUPERS

They really aren't that good, they aren't really noteworthy in GA and the aerial is a better pick in blast.
    hojevrxvarht.png

They really aren't that good, they aren't really noteworthy in GA and the aerial is a better pick in blast.

Please refrain from breaking my heart and go wash your mouth out with soap. Super is the best blaster hero in the game. Fight me

Yes! they are some of the best. My reinforcement list, best to worst, to me at least.....

Best:

Sith troopers.

Resistance gunners.

B2 super battle droids.

Rebel aerial units.

Death troopers.

(The Annoyingly OP) Clone jet troopers.

FO Flame troopers.

Commando droids.

Resistance infiltrator.

Worst/alright: (For me at least)

Worst:

clone commando.

ARC trooper.

Droidekas.

Wookiee warrior.

Alright:

B2-RP rocket droids.

Resistance aerial unit.

FO jetpack troopers, they're the most fun but have low health, and don't do much damage with their blasters or abilities.

• If I come on there forums for ONE reason it’s to spread the good word of the SUPER BATTLE DROID.

This Heathen will NOT be allowed to spread their hate any longer. George Lucas himself said the Super battledroids were the real Chosen Ones
  • If I come on there forums for ONE reason it’s to spread the good word of the SUPER BATTLE DROID.

This Heathen will NOT be allowed to spread their hate any longer. George Lucas himself said the Super battledroids were the real Chosen Ones
    Not that i'm disagreeing with you...... but did he really say that?
    If I come on there forums for ONE reason it’s to spread the good word of the SUPER BATTLE DROID.

Nah lol.
    If I come on there forums for ONE reason it’s to spread the good word of the SUPER BATTLE DROID.

Nah lol.

Oh, i thought you were being for real right there. LOL
  • What? Clone jet trooper is imo tied with resistance one for best aerial in the game. Arcs dps is slightly better then Han's sharpshooter and clone commando is literally broken.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Clone Commando is one of the best reinforcements in the game and ARC's shock trap is an amazing ability and a solid unit. This just sounds like a case of dumpster team and it very much happens often, especially with the influx of new players from the holidays.
  • Lyc4n
    1628 posts Member
    The issue is all republic reinforcements outside of jet trooper are focused for close range combat. The cis are more all rounded apart from the droideka. If they ever manage to remove the wookie warrior for something like a gunner it will be fine.
  • Neonred_90 wrote: »
    Clone Commando is one of the best reinforcements in the game and ARC's shock trap is an amazing ability and a solid unit. This just sounds like a case of dumpster team and it very much happens often, especially with the influx of new players from the holidays.

Agreed, gives themselves and teammates a 25% damage reduction plus the commando gets health back on damage to the enemy, a good player with a clone commando will not die, im not even that good and i can rack up plenty kills and stay alaive longest with him

• Agreed, gives themselves and teammates a 25% damage reduction plus the commando gets health back on damage to the enemy, a good player with a clone commando will not die, im not even that good and i can rack up plenty kills and stay alaive longest with him

The only thing that can counter the commando healing is shields since you don't heal off damaging shields, so a droideka (heavy with improved shield will sometimes surprise you) rolling up on you can be a threat and plow through you with overload. At the same time if you catch them with rockets equipped then just give them the business anyway and use dodge between reload to stack damage resist of dodge + Battle Focus.

CC's melee also does 75 damage so you actually do the same amount of melee damage every 3 hits as a Droid Commando (60+60+87) w/o the knockdown, lunge distance and +20 back attack bonus, is an option to just delete people in your face though sometimes, think the animation speed is about the same too.
    Clone Commando is one of the best reinforcements in the game and ARC's shock trap is an amazing ability and a solid unit. This just sounds like a case of dumpster team and it very much happens often, especially with the influx of new players from the holidays.

Well, yes the ARC trooper's shock trap is good..... when it works that is, it's so buggy for me, it's delayed upon activation or just doesn't effect the enemy, and the clone commando's repulsor blast is also pretty buggy, it's the same thing as what i experience with the shock trap, it's delayed or doesn't effect the enemy... that's my main problem, in which these bugs usually get me killed.
    Neonred_90 wrote: »

Well, yes the ARC trooper's shock trap is good..... when it works that is, it's so buggy for me, it's delayed upon activation or just doesn't effect the enemy, and the clone commando's repulsor blast is also pretty buggy, it's the same thing as what i experience with the shock trap, it's delayed or doesn't effect the enemy... that's my main problem, in which these bugs usually get me killed.

Shock Trap has a very wide radius and I've never had issues with getting it to work, they might be dodging out of it at the last second or you got smacked with lag (the servers haven't been great since dec patch).

Repulsor has a slight dead zone until the actual projectile can hit something, you can totally wiff it if someone is right in your face, it can also miss if the person is dodging at the right time or again lag.
    Neonred_90 wrote: »

Shock Trap has a very wide radius and I've never had issues with getting it to work, they might be dodging out of it at the last second or you got smacked with lag (the servers haven't been great since dec patch).

Repulsor has a slight dead zone until the actual projectile can hit something, you can totally wiff it if someone is right in your face, it can also miss if the person is dodging at the right time or again lag.

Well the shock trap i feel is definitely bugged, for me at least.... the enemy droid is standing right there, and when i trigger it and they don't realize then it outlines them in white as if it effected them, but it didn't knock them back.

• Yep B2 is terrible... Move along now nothing to see here

Agreed, gives themselves and teammates a 25% damage reduction plus the commando gets health back on damage to the enemy, a good player with a clone commando will not die, im not even that good and i can rack up plenty kills and stay alaive longest with him

The only thing that can counter the commando healing is shields since you don't heal off damaging shields, so a droideka (heavy with improved shield will sometimes surprise you) rolling up on you can be a threat and plow through you with overload. At the same time if you catch them with rockets equipped then just give them the business anyway and use dodge between reload to stack damage resist of dodge + Battle Focus.

CC's melee also does 75 damage so you actually do the same amount of melee damage every 3 hits as a Droid Commando (60+60+87) w/o the knockdown, lunge distance and +20 back attack bonus, is an option to just delete people in your face though sometimes, think the animation speed is about the same too.

Forgot about how good his melee is, hadnt used it in a while as usually im with a couple of teammates who get the damage reduction from me and no one gets close enough that I have to melee them lol

The grenade launcher to me is an objective clearing attachment, i rarely use it out in the open, tight corridors yeah but defo an objective point weapon
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    1138 posts Member
    edited January 15

Yes! they are some of the best. My reinforcement list, best to worst, to me at least.....

Best:

Sith troopers.

Resistance gunners.

B2 super battle droids.

Rebel aerial units.

Death troopers.

FO Flame troopers.

Commando droids.

Resistance infiltrator.

Worst:

clone commando.

ARC trooper.

Droidekas.

Wookiee warrior.

Alright:

B2-RP rocket droids.

Resistance aerial unit.

FO jetpack troopers, they're the most fun but have low health, and don't do much damage with their blasters or abilities.

Lol. The clone commando is a beast. Many player try to kill the enemy with their grenade launcher(not smart). Instead of using the middle ability and the normal blaster. Commando droids are a joke compared to the clone commando.
  • Loujjw13
    54 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Mate. Mate. Maaaaate. Have you played properly? Commando droid is hands down the best reinforcement in the game. Clone commando is phenomenal. The Arc Trooper is very good.

Hop in Co Op and actually play.

Best:

Sith troopers.

Resistance gunners.

B2 super battle droids.

Rebel aerial units.

Death troopers.

FO Flame troopers.

Commando droids.

Resistance infiltrator.

Worst:

clone commando.

ARC trooper.

Droidekas.

Wookiee warrior.

Alright:

B2-RP rocket droids.

Resistance aerial unit.

Lol. The clone commando is a beast. Many player try to kill the enemy with their grenade launcher(not smart). Instead of using the middle ability and the normal blaster. Commando droids are a joke compared to the clone commando.

I don't know about that...... literally every clone commando i've seen sucks, they easily get killed by the commando droids vibro blades, i've only encountered one, just one player that was a beast with the clone commandos.
  • Loujjw13 wrote: »
    Mate. Mate. Maaaaate. Have you played properly? Commando droid is hands down the best reinforcement in the game. Clone commando is phenomenal. The Arc Trooper is very good.

Yeah, i do play..... but you forget about bugs, something that the devs can't resolve most of the time. I always experience bugs with the clone commando's repulsor blast, and the ARC's shock trap has some of the worst of bugs, that is what you're forgetting.
  • Huh. Thought this woulda complaint about how “Playing as the Republic sucks because droids are slimmer and have a smaller hit box to fire at”.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Huh. Thought this woulda complaint about how “Playing as the Republic sucks because droids are slimmer and have a smaller hit box to fire at”.

Nope, it sucks because the ARC and clone commando troopers are the reinforcements that i encounter with the most bugs with their abilities, whereas they just added four new reinforcements in one update and i have not experienced any bugs with them, yet the clone commando was added alone, just that, with no counter, because the Droideka came two months earlier, which i still don't know why they didn't add the clone commando the month after the Droideka was added, no the Droideka came in July of 2019, and the clone commando came in September, so they had a whole month and a half to add the clone commando, yet they are still some of the buggiest units for me.
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    Loujjw13 wrote: »

Sith trooper and gunner are the top 2.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

The sith trooper is fun playing as but it’s just a reskinned assault. Would like to see the weapon being added for the assault with white instead of red.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Yeah, i definitely agree.