criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Whoa! i didn't know Acbar had a son???

I just saw something about it, i was wondering who this random Mon-calamari was in TROS.....

ylsyioa7da4q.png
Apparently he was a B-wing pilot during the battle of Exegol with the Final Order.

Replies

• Feelee16 wrote: »
    Son or not poor ackbar never deserved the violent end he had. RIP

Yeah he really didn't deserve that end..... but glad he had a son to carry on his linage. I read up on him and apparently Acbar only saw his son once, and that was it, due to him serving in the Resistance, so he didn't exactly know his father.
  • @Grievous15 terrible. Shame the man couldn't finally live in peace after all those years of fighting.
  • They screwed Ackbar big time

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

Why they created a new character for 5 mins to take over from Leia briefly and then do the suicide run on the First Order ships..
    Ackbar was right there ready and waiting for a heroes ending but no, lets get him pulled out into space with a whimper..
    And why does she spend sooooo long just watching the escape craft getting shot down one after the other before deciding to ram then enemy?? lol

giphy.gif

• Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 14
    @kevlegs1971 Right, what really bothers me the most is how most, including me didn't even know he was killed until the other lady(forgot her name) mentioned it to the rest of the resistance later on. So sad
    (edit) Commander D'Acy
    hub1pq1vrgzs.jpg
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »

Why they created a new character for 5 mins to take over from Leia briefly and then do the suicide run on the First Order ships..
    Ackbar was right there ready and waiting for a heroes ending but no, lets get him pulled out into space with a whimper..
    And why does she spend sooooo long just watching the escape craft getting shot down one after the other before deciding to ram then enemy?? lol

For peope that just watch the movies Ackbar was just a side character tbh.

And would you really allow a character with the name “Ackbar” to sucide bomb himself?
  • @CC_1010 I mean they did allow Luke to be in the state that he was in in the movie. I doubt Ackbar sacrificing himself would've been the main thing people would be upset about in the end
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    @CC_1010 I mean they did allow Luke to be in the state that he was in in the movie. I doubt Ackbar sacrificing himself would've been the main thing people would be upset about in the end

I personally loved that Luke had an interesting arc.

It’s more about the name: “Ackbar”
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Yet Rian made the movie's two asian character kamikazee out of ideology

yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Or how about Commander Sako from the Rebels Show who was also the only one that kamikazed in the show?
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 14
    @CC_1010 I'm still personally trying to accept that Luke as the new one. It's hard for me.

Lol yeah, but that in my opinion wouldn't really make much a difference in the movie which I consider to be pretty divisive among fans already.
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    @CC_1010 I'm still personally trying to accept that Luke as the new one. It's hard for me.

Lol yeah, but that in my opinion wouldn't really make much a difference in the movie which I consider to be pretty divisive among fans already.

It would have made no diff to me. And Ackbar would have been confusing.

I LOVED luke vs kylo. Such a powerful scene. He really achieved Jedi master status.
  • DarthLando
    1817 posts Member
    edited January 14
    CC_1010 wrote: »

I LOVED luke vs kylo. Such a powerful scene. He really achieved Jedi master status.
    That scene did nothing for me, in fact I thought it was pretty underwhelming.

I hoped we’d finally see Luke showcase some of his battle prowless, & finally get an epic saber versus saber fight in the ST.

What did we get ? Luke doing the limbo.

Lame dialogue, lame fight, lame scene.

They should have given Luke the Kenobi [& later the Leia & Ben] treatment.

Have Luke & Kylo have an epic saber duel, with Luke having the upper hand, then ultimately Luke let’s Kylo win, kenobi vs Vader style, then have Luke vanish

What exactly did that scene do for you ? I’m just curious.

PSN: DarthLando-
  • Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 14
    @CC_1010 I did like seeing Luke in action too if only for a second. It was pretty nice.

I guess overall I'm just stuck on what we could've seen. Such as the galaxy under the new republic or ways Luke's order was better than the old one, how he taught his students, etc.
    The way it all ended with no Skywalker's left for me made it feel like the ST was just for the killing and destruction of the Skywalker family. It makes me pretty sad.
    I'm trying to change my mindset and accept it as what we got. But that'll take some time for me.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    The Sequel Trilogy is actually quite depressing really it's perhaps the greatest showcase of how poorly done these films are

All the classic OT characters but a few have ended up dying in the span of just 3 films, and the only thing I feel

IS EXTREME ANNOYANCE
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    edited January 14
    DarthLando wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »

That scene did nothing for me, in fact I thought it was pretty underwhelming.

I hoped we’d finally see Luke showcase some of his battle prowless, & finally get an epic saber versus saber fight in the ST.

What did we get ? Luke doing the limbo.

Lame dialogue, lame fight, lame scene.

They should have given Luke the Kenobi [& later the Leia & Ben] treatment.

Have Luke & Kylo have an epic saber duel, with Luke having the upper hand, then ultimately Luke let’s Kylo win, kenobi vs Vader style, then have Luke vanish

What exactly did that scene do for you ? I’m just curious.

It was the ultimate Jedi move. The second Luke appeared nobody died for the rest of the movie(besides him). The score pumps up this moment so hard when he walks through the fire and faces the whole first order alone. I actually don’t mind the smirk that he gives when he wipes his shoulder(this is something CW obi wan would have done). Then kylo who surpassed Vader by killing his master, now wants to kill his light side master the thing Vader also never really achieved. blinded by his anger engages Luke who really feels sorry but knows that kylo can’t be redeemed(at least not in this movie/ I can’t stand tros). Kylo is so outmatched that he doesn’t even touch Luke in the fight(it does not matter to me that he didn’t do it physically it just shows how strong his force connection truly is even after years of cutting himself of). The duel still shows Kylos ferocious attacks and his true anger.

I really was disappointed that we didn’t see Luke’s reaction to Hans death but Luke bringing up han was the ultimate troll move which reminded kylo of his past that he wants to forget. Luke tells him that he is a little DS emo boy that murdered his father for an ancient corrupt power that plagued his family for decades. And he as Luke ofc knows that family is more powerful then the force and the LS and the DS. But Ben(he calls him Ben NOT kylo another troll move)is different, e killed his master, the thing Vader failed at there is no redemption for him.
    This against shows when kylo gives into his hate and we know that it is truly over for him with the anticipation that Luke is going to die.
    Then Luke shows him how empty and puny his new powers are in comparison to the true clear mind of a Jedi. It was never about the fight. Luke was once the same, rushing to save his friends while kylo was rushing for the kill. As han, bens father would say: „See you around Kid“.

TLJ really showed me why the it is so great and how concepts work in movies. I was a bit sad about the outrage and claims that it destroys Star Wars because it really build on it, setting up a great dynamic. I didn’t mind the missing world building and the sometimes lame jokes because the characters were outstanding.
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
  • CC_1010
    3095 posts Member
    When like disappears Kylos realises:
    He failed himself, he failed his family, he let the resilience escape because he was blinded by his anger just like old Vader, he did not kill his LS master, but like Vader, got outsmarted by him, after the success of killing his master he failed and made old mistakes. He didn’t let the past die(remember he is the VILLAIN)and failed his own belives.
  • Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 14
    @CC_1010 that's kind of what I don't like about the ST. Kylo ren wasn't the only one who failed. For me it feels like everyone fails in the overall story and it doesn't really lead to anything. It just feels like for me in the OT A New Hope they all could've just sat back for another 30-40 years and almost nothing would've changed. It's kind of hard to explain. (edit)
    What I mean is overall
    -No Jedi order
    -Empire/first order
    -Rebels/resistance
    -About 3 force users left
    -Emperor
    -hermit master (Obi-wan/Luke)
    -Smuggler Han again
    That sort of thing

• ROMG4 wrote: »
    Yet Rian made the movie's two asian character kamikazee out of ideology

yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Or how about Commander Sako from the Rebels Show who was also the only one that kamikazed in the show?

Yeah, this is not about the Rebels show. You're going off topic.
  • I think we all went a little off topic. But man my boy Ackbar got blown to smithereens. Just terrible
    I think we all went a little off topic. But man my boy Ackbar got blown to smithereens. Just terrible

Yeah, but at least everyone was still talking about Ackbar, which was what the thread was about... it doesn't involve the shows or races, or whatever someone was talking about.
  • Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 15
    @Grievous15 it was about whether or not Ackbar's name would cause controversy if he blew his self up, ROMG was just making the connection of asain characters doing kamikazes in other SW media which could've been controversial but wasn't. (edit) I agree with this, I don't think him sacrificing himself would really cause that much of a controversy like the rest of the movie did. It in my opinion would be a better outing for his character than what we got.
    @Grievous15 it was about whether or not Ackbar's name would cause controversy if he blew his self up, ROMG was just making the connection of asain characters doing kamikazes in other SW media which could've been controversial but wasn't. (edit) I agree with this, I don't think him sacrificing himself would really cause that much of a controversy like the rest of the movie did.

Oh i see... i must have just misunderstood ROMG's point, but yeah i agree, they should've just did this heroic end to Akcbar like they did in the Rebels show to commander Sato, he sacrificed himself for the Rebellion, and took out an Imperial Interdictor cruiser, which can pull ships out of lightspeed with it's gravity well projectors, after he destroyed it with his ship then the Rebels were able to jump to lightspeed. If that wouldn't have been his ending, then they should've scrapped that and made it to where Ackbar held on after the explosion and made it to the door, or something like that.... that's probably the reason why JJ added Ackbar's son in TROS, to kinda have some memory of him, kinda trying to undo ruin johnson's mess.
  • Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 15
    @Grievous15 Right, at this point I'm just in the acceptance phase. I'm just trying to accept that this is Canon now going forward. No Luke Jedi temple, no more Ackbar,
    No more Skywalkers
    , etc. Idk Maybe I'm just exaggerating but man it's tough to accept.
    @Grievous15 Right, at this point I'm just in the acceptance phase. I'm just trying to accept that this is Canon now going forward. No Luke Jedi temple, no more Ackbar,
    No more Skywalkers

Well..... i suppose Luke, the Jedi and the Skywalkers in general had to die off some day, but Ackbar is a different story.
  • @Grievous15 true, but for me they died a little too quickly. But it is what it is I guess.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    No more Skywalkers

I have constructed a very brilliant headcanon

Everything we see in the Sequel Trilogy is the creation of Jawas. Essentially after Jabba's palace was abandoned the Jawas came in and took it over. While they were rummaging through the palace they came across holo-net film production equipment. With the resources of Jabba's castle and fortune the Jawas started work on their "documentary" of the universe's events

However because Jawas were always just onlookers their ideas of what the characters are like, how the galaxy is, and everything is a bit incomplete. Because essentially the Jawas are mixing real events with past events, fictionalizations, and other such stuff to create what is essentially an unintentional mockbuster

This is why you have smart characters like Palpatine act out of character and do unpalpatine like things, Kylo's mood shifting at the drop of a hat because they only know Dark-Siders have a lot of anger, and a lot of other things which seem really tone breaking

Also it explains why Rey is so naturally gifted at the start. Its because she is a scanvenger, she is the Jawa's hero of their movies

3m5ooz.jpg

I'm not kidding, I actually have fully accepted this as canon. No one shall convince me otherwise
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• Feelee16
    472 posts Member
    edited January 15
    @ROMG4 lol, absolutely amazing. This definitely blows the Luke dream head canon away. It's a fresh and original idea that I could actually see working. You're not the only one who takes this for their head canon now lol.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    @ROMG4 lol, absolutely amazing. This definitely blows the Luke dream head canon away. It's a fresh and original idea that I could actually see working. You're not the only one who takes this for their head canon now lol.

Yeah! I find it so great because it allows for so much individual interpretation. I can pull from the best elements of Legends and what we have of ST canon to create an era that feels proper

Also I see the scenes of Leia being a Jedi in the ST as the Jawas misinterpreting who Mara Jade was
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

• Sath
    236 posts Member
    The more interesting question is who the f... had s.. with Sheev.
  • DarthJ
    6903 posts Member
    Yeah its confirmed as Ackbar's son, its in the visual guide

as is the fact they mention
    cloning and the Sith research into cloning a few times, which along with Palps' lines about dying in the film, make it seem they are confirming TROS Palps is a clone
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Yeah its confirmed as Ackbar's son, its in the visual guide

as is the fact they mention
    cloning and the Sith research into cloning a few times, which along with Palps' lines about dying in the film, make it seem they are confirming TROS Palps is a clone

Interesting......