criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

TROOPER SKINS!!! Dice is missing a Gold mine

Treedodger227
10 posts Member
edited January 14
mw8e33d75i9o.jpg
So hear me out, Epic made 2.4 Billion Dollars on Fortnite skins last year. That is amazing just on player cosmetic items alone. Dice is missing a major profit on the revival of Battlefront 2.

Now I'm not asking for pink stormtroopers or banana suit wearing rebels but there are so many canon and legends options and its ridiculous that you arent utilizing this.

Example
- Shadow Trooper. - Tie Pilot
- Storm Commando. - AT-DP Pilot
- Shock Trooper. - AT-AT Pilot
- Patrol Troopers. - AT-ST Pilot
- Shore Troopers. - Naval Trooper
- Swamp Troopers. - Death Star Gunner
- Mimban Stormtroopers. - Range Trooper
- Nova Troopers. - Snow Scout
- Purge Trooper. - Magma Trooper
- Heavy Trooper. - EVO Trooper
- Tank Trooper. - Mud Trooper
- Stormtrooper Commander
- Stormtrooper with white, black, blue, red or orange pauldrons

Republic

Clone Commandos
- Boss.
- Fixer
- Scorch
- Sev
- Black
- Shadow Clone Trooper
- Airborne Clone Trooper
- Galactic Marine
- Ahsokas Troopers
- Clone Pilots

And that's just the fricking empire and some republic. If you want more cosmetic money making ideas dice feel free to hit me up.

Heres some cool pics for ya!
etj794a1rmmr.jpg
Post edited by Treedodger227 on

Replies

• Imperial Navy trooper
    latest?cb=20180813032401

AT-RT driver
    340?cb=20070112055826

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Yeah this is old news, the answer we've got is they didn't want to "saturate the market".
    This was a year ago though, before the clone skins rework, I'd say they release a good number of skins since, just not for the OT
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    Yeah this is old news, the answer we've got is they didn't want to "saturate the market".
    This was a year ago though, before the clone skins rework, I'd say they release a good number of skins since, just not for the OT

They say as all Empire classes aside from Officer have no skins, Maul, Vader, Palpatine, Bossk, Boba, Phasma, all don't have skins

And there's an insanely imbalanced proportion of clone skins available compared to any other Era for Troopers and reinforcements
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

• Yeah this is old news, the answer we've got is they didn't want to "saturate the market".

They also claim that no one would buy them solely because there would be a lot of them.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Yeah this is old news, the answer we've got is they didn't want to "saturate the market".

They also claim that no one would buy them solely because there would be a lot of them.

Lololololol and there are a quintillion clone trooper appearances
  • Between this and selling servers they could be making bank but they refuse.
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    Between this and selling servers they could be making bank but they refuse.

^^^^
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• cer8bjx2g8c2.png
    chqvbax0tcjq.png
    c8jwm53f9euz.jpg
    9fwxcnwu5lys.jpg

I think so, too.

Would be awesome to play the 501st Stormtrooper Legion alongside Vader..

Hopefully in near future we'll receive some love for the OT.
  • Not just infantry skins, hero skins (mostly dark side) have so many options, it’s almost as if they’re ignoring one of their main ways to gain money
  • JD25
    274 posts Member
    edited January 15
    The saturating the market with skins was a very lazy excuse and whoever is head of their marketing department does not know how to make money.

who else are you competing against?
    - no one, EA has you official licensing for Star Wars

what other game has Star Wars skins?
    - only other EA Star Wars games

- skins would only be exclusive to this game it's not like you can pack them up and take them to another game where they lose value.

I thought that would be common sense. Another reason could be that they need to get approval from lucasfilm in my God I can only imagine the process for that dealing with them with Kennedy as president.

I would just set up a poll or survey for new skin releases every 3 months so you get the top desired ones and you will literally have people telling you by popular vote what they want. you cannot have an easier way to make money lol.

I would definitely pay for a season pass with planned content releases and skins for buying the pass like fortnite and playerunknown's battlegrounds.

Can I apply for your marketing team?
  • JD25
    274 posts Member
    edited January 15
    So my comment got deleted fml, there is no swearing it did not break any terms and I really laid out a step-by-step plan for you to make money on skins
  • On the topic of villain and Imperial skins.........
    Well i thought i remember reading someone said that the devs were working on villain skins.... and i saw this leaked image of what could be a new skin, but it was just an Imperial stormtrooper armored skin variation for Iden, yet at least she has a skin unlike some of the other villains...... so i hope this leaked image isn't real/true, because if it is it's just a waste of resources and time, no one wants another Iden skin in stormtrooper armor.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    On the topic of villain and Imperial skins.........
    Well i thought i remember reading someone said that the devs were working on villain skins.... and i saw this leaked image of what could be a new skin, but it was just an Imperial stormtrooper armored skin variation for Iden, yet at least she has a skin unlike some of the other villains...... so i hope this leaked image isn't real/true, because if it is it's just a waste of resources and time, no one wants another Iden skin in stormtrooper armor.

False assumption
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    Grievous15 wrote: »

False assumption

Well i never see anyone requesting more skins for Iden... just for Palpatine, Maul, battle damaged for Vader, and others, so what's the point of adding a skin that no one requested?
  • JMaster
    2385 posts Member
    I mean... I'm honestly ok with a few skins like that, since there are many skin ideas that could easily be reaped with the in-game assets. One I'm thinking of is Finn in his Stormtrooper uniform, either unhelmeted or with the blood streaks across it. Just making something.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I mean... I'm honestly ok with a few skins like that, since there are many skin ideas that could easily be reaped with the in-game assets. One I'm thinking of is Finn in his Stormtrooper uniform, either unhelmeted or with the blood streaks across it. Just making something.

Well yeah, though they better add the more important villain skins first before they add those simple skins. I was just saying that because that's the only leaked villain skin that i've heard of... in which it wasn't heavily requested, while the other skins for say Palpatine, Maul and Vader were not leaked or anything like that.
  • Yeah, because I totally want to be forced into another 4 hours or clicking the same model; inverted colors to get rid of the yellow triangle.
  • killerzf7
    665 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Aside from adding new skins, I really wish that they’d remove the race and gender locks for the Rebellion and Resistance.

I also wish that they’d remove the armor locks for the Empire and First Order. I wanna be a Heavy Imperial Scout Trooper and a Heavy Rebel Twi’lek.

Lololololol and there are a quintillion clone trooper appearances

Indeed, I still don't understand why they would say something so controversial, but as I said, recently they released some more skins, so they seem to be on board on working on more skins, but the actual pacing may be limited by the number of people actually working on them. Or they haven't planned any which is still very plausible, especially with empire rebels resistance firsr order skins, in short anything not PT (i do like my PT, but I'd like customization for other things too)
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    Aside from adding new skins, I really wish that they’d remove the race and gender locks for the Rebellion and Resistance.

I also wish that they’d remove the armor locks for the Empire and First Order. I wanna be a Heavy Imperial Scout Trooper and a Heavy Rebel Twi’lek.

Agree... I would like to change gender for each class.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    I know that this is a post about potential skins, but I still wanna leave this here as it really does bother me quite often:

b545p168mom8.jpeg

This is exactly how I feel about the Scout Trooper!
  • The Empire needs skins. Shore trooper captain needs to be a skin.
  • Am I the only one who doesn’t want that many Empire skins? Pauldrons, sure, but all the different colors? The empire is supposed to be uniform. Save the shore troopers for Scarrif. We don’t have Scarrif yet.
  • Am I the only one who doesn’t want that many Empire skins? Pauldrons, sure, but all the different colors? The empire is supposed to be uniform. Save the shore troopers for Scarrif. We don’t have Scarrif yet.

All the skins have to be appropriate, I agree, but there are so many skins that could be added without even touching the rainbow for stormtroopers
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    The Empire needs skins. Shore trooper captain needs to be a skin.

No, shoretrooper must be a exclusive reinforcement in the future Scarif map. With a E-22 rifle as weapon.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Yeah there's no doubt they still aren't cashing in on skins as well as they could. I think we might see a large dump of OT era skins when they get to adding OT era to Co-op and CS this year. They've done a very good job with PT. ST doesn't give them a lot to go by, but there's still a few more First Order/Final Order skins they could add from Rise of Skywalker.
  • @EA_Tom any input on this?