criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

New Weapons are desperately needed...

This will probably be the last time I bring this up. A few years ago, I made a post detailing how new weapons could be used in addition to providing a thread where people could post what weapons they wanted to see in this game. The situation is dire now. I desperately want to use something different. I love the A280, but I want to use something different every now and then. This problem could be fixed instantly if the default weapons like the E-11 and DH-17 were given different stats from each other and fitting attachments for each one. Honestly, it's a disservice to these iconic weapons that they feel and function the same. The E-11 was my favorite weapon back in BF 2015 and now it's nothing more than a copy of 5 other weapons. I can list different stats and attachments for default guns that would fix this problem.

E-11: Full-auto blaster rifle designed to hit hard and reward accuracy. Make every shot count.
Attachments
1. Unfolding Stock: Decreases recoil
2. Extended Power Pack: Increases the number of shots you can fire at the cost of a longer time for cooling flushes.
3. Variable Zoom: (Why not take some notes from the real world?) Changes the standard scope to an EoTech-G33 kind of looking scope that can switch between 2X and 4X magnification.

DH-17: A reliable pistol that sacrifices firepower for RPM.
Attachments
1. Full Auto Conversion: Converts the pistol to be full-auto and increases the rate of fire. (Basically turns it to the version seen in BF 2015.)
2. Extended Barrel: Increase the effective range.
3. Bolt Enhancer: Increases the damage the DH-17 does, but the gun overheats sooner.

DLT-19: While inaccurate, few other blasters can effectively lock down an objective like this one. Damage is swapped out for RPM and stability.
Attachments
1. Long-Ranged Scope (DLT-19D conversion): Converts the DLT-19 into a DLT-19D. Full-auto with sniper magnification.
2. Enhanced Power Pack: Increases damage and rate of fire, but worsens stability and overheat resistance.
3. Bipod Extension: Unfolds the bipod. Decreases recoil when crouched.

And these are just a few examples in one era. I also don't want to hear the excuse that allowing customizable and different default guns isn't realistic because of certain eras. I'm pretty sure Clones and Battle Droids didn't run around using A280s, FWMB-10Ks, and EE-4s.

I'm am begging you at this point, DICE...please. Give us some new toys to play with. I'm sick of using the same gun over, and over, and over again. Why restrict the EE-4 to one ability on one class? What happened to the Relby V-10? Where's the A180 and DT-29? Has the SE-44C been completely removed? The T-21 and T-21B were popular weapons, what happened to those? Why is the RT-97C restricted to Rebel heavies only? What happened to the E-11's iconic status as a powerful blaster rifle capable of filling most roles in the Battlefront? And why has our precious A280C...been ruined to the point where it feels strange and wrong to use? They mixed up the design of the A280 and A280C. As someone who used the A280C for a long time in BF 2015 before Bespin came out, this is extremely annoying. The design of the A280C is supposed to be the design of the A280 and vice versa. Not to mention some of the newer weapons like the F-11. Why does that feel so similar to everything else? Why is the DLT-19 restricted to one era? What happened to its legendary status in BF 2015? (Yes, I know the Beta version of that gun was broken but my point still stands.) I'm sure I've made my point now. Please DICE...just give us something, anything different. I'm tired of using, listening, and seeing, and being killed by the same rifles, pistols, LMGs, and Snipers...Anything will suffice at this point. I just want to use something different.

I know this post is incredibly long but this is an issue that hasn't been solved for 3 years now. The community has wanted different guns for how long now? Something needs to be changed. Come on DICE. I know you guys can pull through. I'll even accept an official response from a dev explaining why we haven't seen any new weapons. I just want a response period.
gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.

Replies

• Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

Unlocking the default weapons and giving them mods is the least they should do. It’s unbelievable to have a shooter game without a single weapon added to infantry.

Despite being promised...
    9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

Unlocking the default weapons and giving them mods is the least they should do. It’s unbelievable to have a shooter game without a single weapon added to infantry.

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg
    skincarver wrote: »
    Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg

Dennis: NeW wEaPoNs ArE oN tHe ReiNfoRcEmEntS. SeE tHaT Dc-17M?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg

See? This chart right here says it all. Look at how many weapons are going unused and unloved. Some of the most iconic blasters are stuck as similar feeling weapons when there is so much potential for a new level of customization for these weapons that we've never seen before. I'd go as far as to say that it's criminal that these weapons aren't being given the attention they deserve. (My beloved E-11 will never be the same...)
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
    Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg
    Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg

Yeah, I remember...

e9pt00ilo0qc.jpeg

😖
  • It's on the Clone Commando...can the rest of the troops have a taste? As Han Solo once said..."Can I try that?"
    gctn47nz145u.png

• Piggl3_blast3r
    489 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg

That’s kinda sad, not gonna lie. There are enough default models to more than double our existing choices. Don’t forget about unused models in the files and campaign as well, and all the reinforcement stuff.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Yes, the new weapons and new star cards must be the next big update for this game.

il_570xN.1523838456_bps0.jpg

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I'm not sure is going to happen... The reinforcements changed everything in this game (you decide if it's better or worse). Most of the people just farm battle points to get a reinforcement (or a hero) that have better performance that regular troopers. That's where the focus is. 4 weapons with attachments and all the secondary weapons with starcards could be enough if all 4 could be available and customizable. But at the moment, the default weapons are unuseful and usually there is only one (maybe two, in some cases) that is the best for the class and everyone use that.
  • Genin wrote: »
    I'm not sure is going to happen... The reinforcements changed everything in this game (you decide if it's better or worse). Most of the people just farm battle points to get a reinforcement (or a hero) that have better performance that regular troopers. That's where the focus is. 4 weapons with attachments and all the secondary weapons with starcards could be enough if all 4 could be available and customizable. But at the moment, the default weapons are unuseful and usually there is only one (maybe two, in some cases) that is the best for the class and everyone use that.

For a game that carries the name “Battlefront” it’s a tragedy.
  • ROMG4
    3504 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Agreed.
    9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg

when-soldier-asks-where-all-the-new-weapons-went-i-35798989.png

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/150464/the-oom-9-campaigns-over-2-and-a-half-year-anniversary-thread

Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg
    Agreed.

njfj7913xjmi.jpeg

9ywe0naup7yc.jpeg

Yeah, I remember...

e9pt00ilo0qc.jpeg

😖

Why would anyone like that tweet?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Feelee16
    471 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Off of what we were told so far
    Skins = oversaturation
    Weapons = On current reinforcements already
    Starfighter assault = ?
    Did we ever get new news on Starfighter assault?
    Post edited by Feelee16 on
  • Don't forget Galactic Assault. It received Geonosis and that's it. Still waiting for Crait in HvV as well.

I count 21 weapons in addition to what we have to use unlocked in every era. I want the RT-97C. I want to use the DC17 with better cooling. I'm tired of the A280 with a burst mode. I want the A280C. And where in the world in the E-11? I guess the iconic blaster of the Imperials is stuck as a default blaster in one era for good in this game.
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    Off of what we were told so far
    Skins = oversaturation
    Weapons = On current reinforcements already
    Starfighter assault = ?
    Did we ever get new news on Starfighter assault?

Actually, I don't think we have. Since SA was brought up I would love to see new reinforcements in the form of new starfighters. TIE Hunters, Defenders, and B-Wings come to mind but I'm sure there are more starfighters that can come in. Why not add Ison Corridor, Bakura, Dantooine, or even recreate the Imperial Academy Heist for RS2. That would be awesome to see in Frostbite.
    gctn47nz145u.png

• May I just bump this once and since they are so active on the forum right now, may I ask EA_Tom and EA_Rtas about any news on weapon updates for infantry?

Please unlock the base weapons and give them some mods; it would be so beneficial for infantry gameplay which has become rather stale by having the same old for over two years now.

Thank you.