criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

New middle phase for CS: Starfighters

Instead of going directly to the capital ships, why not a battle around the capital ship with some starfighters? Maybe a few objectives that would help take down the capital ship faster. What do you all think?
I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest

Replies

• @jo_achim747 mentioned a phase like this in the behemoths thread. I'd enjoy it
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    @jo_achim747 mentioned a phase like this in the behemoths thread. I'd enjoy it

Very cool!
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

• They wont do it, mostly due to a lot of the trooper players not wanting to be in a starfighter in a mode like that

Sucks mind you cause it should be included
  • I would like it, and it would start me playing CS again.
    "Peace is a lie"
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    In my opinion, the actual second phase could and should be changed in a starfighters battle to destroy the enemy capital ship. We already have first phase to play with infantry and tanks, second one should be about starfighters. CS should be the mode that involve the whole units/gameplay of the game. Any kind of player would be happy then.
  • Just like the old space battles in Battlefront 2 (2005)
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Please, don't
    caydt26dlk77.gif

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Just like the old space battles in Battlefront 2 (2005)

Exactly!

• Please, don't
    caydt26dlk77.gif

I respect ur opinion!

• Please, don't
    caydt26dlk77.gif

I respect ur opinion!

That's impossible

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Unless it was optional, I don't think it's a good idea to force players into starfighters. That was one complaint about DLC modes back in Battlefront 2015 where they forced you into starfighters.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Unless it was optional, I don't think it's a good idea to force players into starfighters. That was one complaint about DLC modes back in Battlefront 2015 where they forced you into starfighters.

Maybe an optional phase then, or a phase that only happens some of the time. Such as if an enemy captures starfighters on the ground—or maybe simply a random chance

• I love this idea! mostly because it wouldnt make since for a ship to just randomly board without some turrets so maybe during the starfighter phase the team that captured the command posts goes and takes out enemy ships turrets while other team defends then they board if the defending team fails
  • I love this idea! mostly because it wouldnt make since for a ship to just randomly board without some turrets so maybe during the starfighter phase the team that captured the command posts goes and takes out enemy ships turrets while other team defends then they board if the defending team fails

Would be cool!

• That would never happen, Dice don't even want starfighters in the ground phases.
    I really wish we were able to play starfighters during both phases it's all about the ground players in this game anyway. :S
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • That would never happen, Dice don't even want starfighters in the ground phases.
    I really wish we were able to play starfighters during both phases it's all about the ground players in this game anyway. :S

Yeah, it’s unfortunate

• Please, don't
    caydt26dlk77.gif

I respect ur opinion!

That's impossible

Perhaps the Archives are incomplete?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Please, don't
    caydt26dlk77.gif

I respect ur opinion!

That's impossible

Perhaps the Archives are incomplete?

Haha

• Feelee16 wrote: »

Hello there :)

Thanks for noticing, I actually started and participated in multiple threads months back already: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/139966/so-how-about-this-addition-to-cs#latest

Discussions like this were always there from the very beginning. I believe the devs thought about something like this as well, but decided not to do since they a) players woul either be forced to play the mode or b) following the outlined approach in the linked thread, players would have to wait and watch the fight for a certain amount of time
  • killerzf7
    665 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Many people initially thought that starfighters would be given a role in Capital Supremacy, but they were met with some disappointment shortly before the release of the mode.

5qqzy472fsjo.png

He got downvoted on Reddit around 50-60 times for that comment by the way.
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    I often read "force infantry main to play as starfighters"... Than how about "force pilots to play as infantry"?

infantry has it's own dedicated modes, so have heroes and starfighters.

Then why, in a mode that should involve every aspect and units of the game we should not play also starfighters?
  • Genin wrote: »
    I often read "force infantry main to play as starfighters"... Than how about "force pilots to play as infantry"?

infantry has it's own dedicated modes, so have heroes and starfighters.

Then why, in a mode that should involve every aspect and units of the game we should not play also starfighters?

This
  • Sorry but if I want space combat (which I prefer over ground combat) I'll play Starfighter Assault. I'd rather new maps and content for that mode than more being tacked into CS.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Interesting responses, thanks all for the contributio
    Feelee16 wrote: »

Hello there :)

Thanks for noticing, I actually started and participated in multiple threads months back already: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/139966/so-how-about-this-addition-to-cs#latest

Discussions like this were always there from the very beginning. I believe the devs thought about something like this as well, but decided not to do since they a) players woul either be forced to play the mode or b) following the outlined approach in the linked thread, players would have to wait and watch the fight for a certain amount of time

Interesting

• What if it was a phase that would happen by random chance? Or, a phase that could only happen under certain circumstances

• A similar idea they could implement which I have mentioned before:

With plenty of Starfighter AI and plenty of capital ship objectives to destroy / defend Starfighters would be too occupied having fun and showcasing their skills advancing their team. Successfully destroying ship weak points will advance the team’s score towards boarding just like capturing a ground objective does. Wouldn’t this just make more sense for why the other team can infiltrate the ship because aspects of it have been weakened?

And instead of the announcer simply saying ‘objective E has been taken’, you look up see your team’s capital ship bridge / other ship objectives blow up and disintegrate in an epic fireball as craziness ensues in the skies above. with Starfighters on each others’ tail

Starfighters only strafe infantry in Galactic assault because there are no real objectives for them. Being a Starfighter in GA doesn’t allow the player to affect the game’s outcome unless they interfere with infantry. So other than a couple AI and sometimes an enemy Starfighter, you have no objective, thus you have strafing players.

This would complete capital supremacy as the ultimate large scale game mode where every type of player can show their glory all in one game. This would be a good place for DICE to introduce more Starfighter skins to help monetize since that is what this game needs.
  • Darthdougy wrote: »
    I would like it, and it would start me playing CS again.

Same. CS really killed the PT content in general for me, it made all the PT era heroes and reinforcements get really boring for me, without diversity between the eras with CS, it just being for one era for a whole year! that is why it killed the PT era content for me... i haven't played CS for so long, i refuse to actually, but with the ST era CS finally coming, i'll actually be able to play it again.
  • A similar idea they could implement which I have mentioned before:

With plenty of Starfighter AI and plenty of capital ship objectives to destroy / defend Starfighters would be too occupied having fun and showcasing their skills advancing their team. Successfully destroying ship weak points will advance the team’s score towards boarding just like capturing a ground objective does. Wouldn’t this just make more sense for why the other team can infiltrate the ship because aspects of it have been weakened?

And instead of the announcer simply saying ‘objective E has been taken’, you look up see your team’s capital ship bridge / other ship objectives blow up and disintegrate in an epic fireball as craziness ensues in the skies above. with Starfighters on each others’ tail

Starfighters only strafe infantry in Galactic assault because there are no real objectives for them. Being a Starfighter in GA doesn’t allow the player to affect the game’s outcome unless they interfere with infantry. So other than a couple AI and sometimes an enemy Starfighter, you have no objective, thus you have strafing players.

This would complete capital supremacy as the ultimate large scale game mode where every type of player can show their glory all in one game. This would be a good place for DICE to introduce more Starfighter skins to help monetize since that is what this game needs.

I really like this idea!

• No starfighters in CS is one of a few reasons I don’t play the mode. While I agree with warfarekiller41 about not forcing players into starfighters, starfighters really should have been in CS from the beginning as an option like every other item is available.

As far as starfighters not having objectives in GA, I’d disagree. On some maps where starfighters are available I’ve managed to help my teammates push the game into the next phase by using starfighters. Especially if heroes are camping objective locations like those on the first phase of SKB as an example. Also starfighters can prevent enemies from camping my teammates spawn locations.

Adding starfighters to CS might get me to play the mode again but as the mode is now, I’m not interested in nor do I play it.
  • No starfighters in CS is one of a few reasons I don’t play the mode. While I agree with warfarekiller41 about not forcing players into starfighters, starfighters really should have been in CS from the beginning as an option like every other item is available.

As far as starfighters not having objectives in GA, I’d disagree. On some maps where starfighters are available I’ve managed to help my teammates push the game into the next phase by using starfighters. Especially if heroes are camping objective locations like those on the first phase of SKB as an example. Also starfighters can prevent enemies from camping my teammates spawn locations.

Adding starfighters to CS might get me to play the mode again but as the mode is now, I’m not interested in nor do I play it.

I like your points!

• I like the idea but not everyone is a pilot.

Only way I see this working is if you squad multiple troops per straighter and some play gunners/support of some kind and one pilot.

But I love the concept of this intermediate phase and it is actually what I assumed or hoped CS would be when CS was announced so long ago.

But it would mean big changes for a game that some might argue is posed to decline sooner than later.
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    I like the idea but not everyone is a pilot.

Only way I see this working is if you squad multiple troops per straighter and some play gunners/support of some kind and one pilot.

But I love the concept of this intermediate phase and it is actually what I assumed or hoped CS would be when CS was announced so long ago.

But it would mean big changes for a game that some might argue is posed to decline sooner than later.

True

This!
  • Instead of going directly to the capital ships, why not a battle around the capital ship with some starfighters? Maybe a few objectives that would help take down the capital ship faster. What do you all think?

I've suggested that many times in other threads. It doesn't have to be mandatory, they could allow players to pick fighters and do some laps around the capital ships, take out deck guns, each other, etc. Just something to do I suppose. And there are things right? Sensors...engines.....shield generators....weapons....bridge....power sources...etc etc.

To be real productive, actions they take outside could shorten the game inside, or maybe that old second path way in the ships is blocked but could be opened from the outside, and then the team inside taking out either reactor causes the other to go as well? That would raise the stakes a bit I imagine, probably make the matches much shorter too.

And well......controllable LAAT's and droid HMD's to mimmick the role of the choppers in Battlefield 4, that is a thread all itself really.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Instead of going directly to the capital ships, why not a battle around the capital ship with some starfighters? Maybe a few objectives that would help take down the capital ship faster. What do you all think?

I've suggested that many times in other threads. It doesn't have to be mandatory, they could allow players to pick fighters and do some laps around the capital ships, take out deck guns, each other, etc. Just something to do I suppose. And there are things right? Sensors...engines.....shield generators....weapons....bridge....power sources...etc etc.

To be real productive, actions they take outside could shorten the game inside, or maybe that old second path way in the ships is blocked but could be opened from the outside, and then the team inside taking out either reactor causes the other to go as well? That would raise the stakes a bit I imagine, probably make the matches much shorter too.

And well......controllable LAAT's and droid HMD's to mimmick the role of the choppers in Battlefield 4, that is a thread all itself really.

Exactly

• Instead of going directly to the capital ships, why not a battle around the capital ship with some starfighters? Maybe a few objectives that would help take down the capital ship faster. What do you all think?
    The Death Star mode in BF 2015 was the best mode in the game and, sans Co-Op, BF 2 hasn’t come close.

Given the leveling and achievements in BF 2, a mode that combined Starfighters combat (not just in atmosphere) with objective based ground combat would provide a great way to gain achievements and levels. . . and would ROCK!
  • DICE: We're proud to announce a new mode: AI vs AI